Why do many europeans hate america?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
After we saved there arses in two world wars you'd think they would be grateful rather than hate us.
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
same with america
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Oh God, what have you unleashed upon OT!!!
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
People for the most part choose to pick out the bad things in everything, its human nature really. Its still ungrateful, sure we've done bad, as every country has in the past, but we've done 10x more good. We could still be Heiling the Furor.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Please tell me this is a joke thread... (I have a feeling it is too considering no American says the word "arse.")
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 falconclan
same with americamaccer101
Im assuming you are asking why do Americans hate Europe. If we did, we wouldn't help you... ever, but we do all the time. But aside from our government, most americans don't hate Europe, we all came from there (For the most part). The ones who do hate Europe are probably basing it on past occurrences.
NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 NightStalkerBX
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts
Don't think the handful of cynical Euros on this site represent the majority opinion overseas...
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 falconclan
Please tell me this is a joke thread... I have a feeling it is too considering no American says the world "arse."helium_flash
He probably thinks it needs to be censored, but ASS ASS ASS. In other news, its not a joke.
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maccer101

[QUOTE="maccer101"]same with americafalconclan
Im assuming you are asking why do Americans hate Europe. If we did, we wouldn't help you... ever, but we do all the time. But aside from our government, most americans don't hate Europe, we all came from there (For the most part). The ones who do hate Europe are probably basing it on past occurrences.

well i like "most" Americans don't hate America, but you guys are pretty damn mean over xbox live, like you call me the "n" word when I'm white, what the hell?!!

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
Because they give people like Arnel schwarzniger(Please correct :P) political status.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 falconclan

[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]same with americamaccer101

well i like "most" Americans don't hate America, but you guys are pretty damn mean over xbox live, like you call me the "n" word when I'm white, what the hell?!!

Your view of America comes from Xbox live? Oh jesus, no wonder they hate us. :D
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

Only 2 things I know is this:

1. Americans are cocky and disrespectful towards the rest of the world. (Stereotype, mostly)

2. Some people blame them for all the crap going on with the war on terror and the stuff that lead to it.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RiseAgainst12
People for the most part choose to pick out the bad things in everything, its human nature really. Its still ungrateful, sure we've done bad, as every country has in the past, but we've done 10x more good. We could still be Heiling the Furor. falconclan

Typical American. :P
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
Generalization FTL. I'm American and I don't hate Europeans. :shock:
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

They hate us because we are better than them at pretty much everything except soccer, rugby, cricket, and all of those other sports that aren't interesting.

maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 maccer101
[QUOTE="maccer101"]

[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]same with americafalconclan

lol, yeah, well i do live there

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 falconclan

1. Americans are cocky and disrespectful towards the rest of the world. (Stereotype, mostly)

2. Most people blame them for all the crap going on with the war on terror and the stuff that lead to it.

BlackAlpha666

Fixed #2, #1 is a dumb reason, do you not love your country? and if not why not move.... TO AMERICA!

#2 Somewhat legitimate, but I don't think its as cut and dry as people make it out to be. We had the biggest terror attack in the history of man take place on our soil. I guess if you don't think your government would do anything thats cool, but I don't think it'd work out for yall.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

They hate us because we are better than them at pretty much everything except soccer, rugby, cricket, and all of those other sports that aren't interesting.

Pittfan666

by 'we', you don't me you right?

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
Because most people on the internet give a bad name to their respective countries and Xbox live. Those are the two reasons people hate America. Becasue the only way Europeans get in contact with us is in places where there is more stupidity then intelligence. :P
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 falconclan
[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]

[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]same with americamaccer101

You are confusing meh v_v if you live here why'd you post like that... and believe it or not most american's not hating America is somewhat debateable.

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlackAlpha666

Pittfan666

You don't even get the meaning of your own sport 'FOOT'ball. You aren't supposed to grab it with your 'HANDS'. :P

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

Generally ignorance (ironic since people in the US get branded with that word all the time).

I get a kick out of when a European person these boards start calling Americans hateful, ignorant, etc, etc, meanwhile, the stuff they're saying about us is indeed ignorant, hateful, annoying, etc, etc.

Can't we all just get along?

maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 maccer101
[QUOTE="maccer101"][QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]

[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="maccer101"]same with americafalconclan

You are confusing meh v_v if you live here why'd you post like that... and believe it or not most american's not hating America is somewhat debateable.

nah man, i live on xbox live.. gritty place

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RiseAgainst12

[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

2. Most people blame them for all the crap going on with the war on terror and the stuff that lead to it.

falconclan

Fixed #2, #1 is a dumb reason, do you not love your country? and if not why not move.... TO AMERICA!

#2 Somewhat legitimate, but I don't think its as cut and dry as people make it out to be. We had the biggest terror attack in the history of man take place on our soil. I guess if you don't think your government would do anything thats cool, but I don't think it'd work out for yall.

Acctually I think that America dropping a A-Bomb on Hiroshima takes the medal for biggest terrorist attack.
Half-Life_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Half-Life_man
Member since 2006 • 6302 Posts
We tend to have more fat and rude people over here and they sort of seem to be classier, I don't think they have as many fart jokes and such "across the pond"
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlackAlpha666
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

falconclan

Some people think that's your own fault for intervering so much in the middle east.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 falconclan

[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

RiseAgainst12

Acctually I think that America dropping a A-Bomb on Hiroshima takes the medal for biggest terrorist attack.

Yes, you are right, we should have invaded and wasted 1000's upon 1000's of our men. We have to take care of ourselves too my friend. I feel we had legitimate reasons for doing that, ending a long war was just one of them.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
You never saved our arses in WWI we were managing well enough, but granted your country proved its uses in WWII. But remember you turned up late for both wars...years late.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BlackAlpha666
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

falconclan

Yes, you are right, we should have invaded and wasted 1000's upon 1000's of our men. We have to take care of ourselves too my friend. I feel we had legitimate reasons for doing that, ending a long war was just one of them.

But then what makes the WTC attack unjust?

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 helium_flash
Generalization FTL. I'm American and I don't hate Europeans. :shock:sinistergoggles
For the most part, Americans love Europeans (mostly due to ignorance). The only countries I could say Americans "hate" are middle eastern ones.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
After we saved there arses in two world wars you'd think they would be grateful rather than hate us.kingyotoX
Because of stupid posts like that. :) silly europeans.
NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NightStalkerBX

[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]Generalization FTL. I'm American and I don't hate Europeans. :shock:helium_flash
For the most part, Americans love Europeans (mostly due to ignorance). The only countries I could say Americans "hate" are middle eastern ones.

Don't include me in that figure then...I have no love for the hardline Islamist regimes over there but I certainly don't "hate" the countries...

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 falconclan
[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

BlackAlpha666

Are you serious....? Lets see, we gave Japan warning (Not that there was much they could do), and the emperor simply chose not to tell the people. The terrorists gave us no warning and killed 1000's of innocent civiliants with 2 planes.

We were at war with Japan, who had allied themselves with HITLER we were not at war with the terrorists.

Get a brain.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RiseAgainst12
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

falconclan

Are you serious? that bomb killed Over 80,000 people. and why would the terrorists behind 9/11 waste thousands of people to get america attention?
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
More importantly why do they hate Canadians. I mean only around 80 years years ago and we were all one country. We saved them in World War one and 2 and were with them the whole time. Yet when i go on Xbox Europeans are always making fun of us Canadians.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]Generalization FTL. I'm American and I don't hate Europeans. :shock:helium_flash

Eh.. I don't love em either.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 helium_flash

You never saved our arses in WWI we were managing well enough, but granted your country proved its uses in WWII. But remember you turned up late for both wars...years late.Lairdo91
:lol: You complain how we didnt get involved but now you complain we get involved too much! :lol: We will never win.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Artekus

More importantly why do they hate Canadians. I mean only around 80 years years ago and we were all one country. We saved them in World War one and 2 and were with them the whole time. Yet when i go on Xbox Europeans are always making fun of us Canadians.torontomapleafs

NO YOU NEVER.

Just for this blatant ignorance im starting to hate you :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

[
RiseAgainst12
Then I suggest you read up on terrorism. War is war...and Japan attacked first.:|
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlackAlpha666
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"][QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

falconclan

Are you serious....? Lets see, we gave Japan warning (Not that there was much they could do), and the emperor simply chose not to tell the people. The terrorists gave us no warning and killed 1000's of innocent civiliants with 2 planes.

We were at war with Japan, who had allied themselves with HITLER we were not at war with the terrorists.

Get a brain.

Get a brain? So it's only you that knows all the facts and everyone else is ignorant? That short story of yours is missing so many facts for all sides but I won't bother to discuss it since I'm ignorant and all.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Artekus

[QUOTE="Lairdo91"]You never saved our arses in WWI we were managing well enough, but granted your country proved its uses in WWII. But remember you turned up late for both wars...years late.helium_flash

:lol: You complain how we didnt get involved but now you complain we get involved too much! :lol: We will never win.

When did I complain you got involved to much?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

I don't love nor hate any country....
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
The tc is obviously trying to start something
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 helium_flash

[QUOTE="helium_flash"][QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]Generalization FTL. I'm American and I don't hate Europeans. :shock:NightStalkerBX

Don't include me in that figure then...I have no love for the hardline Islamist regimes over there but I certainly don't "hate" the countries...

You don't hate counties that treat women as items? Where if you don't practice the stated religion you are killed? Where if you are gay you are killed? Where they blow up hundreds of innocent people weekly just because they dont practice their sect of the same religion?

What is wrong with you?

NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NightStalkerBX
[QUOTE="falconclan"][QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"]

RiseAgainst12

Are you serious? that bomb killed Over 80,000 people. and why would the terrorists behind 9/11 waste thousands of people to get america attention?

You say that like Europeans have never done anything horrific.

Brits (Along with the U.S.) - Dresden Firebombings - 40,000 civilians killed

Germans - V2 Rocket Attacks on London

That's just two examples I care to bring up now, there's plenty more in that history you guys have...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

More importantly why do they hate Canadians. I mean only around 80 years years ago and we were all one country. We saved them in World War one and 2 and were with them the whole time. Yet when i go on Xbox Europeans are always making fun of us Canadians.torontomapleafs

Meh most of them seem to be little kids to me, just make fun of how they usually sound like Harry Potter and mute them. A lot of the Europeans I meet are alright though.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 helium_flash
[QUOTE="helium_flash"]

[QUOTE="Lairdo91"]You never saved our arses in WWI we were managing well enough, but granted your country proved its uses in WWII. But remember you turned up late for both wars...years late.Lairdo91

You as in Europeans
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts
Not all Europeans hate us, just the ignorant one who get their opinion of us from the media.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Artekus
[QUOTE="Lairdo91"][QUOTE="helium_flash"]

[QUOTE="Lairdo91"]You never saved our arses in WWI we were managing well enough, but granted your country proved its uses in WWII. But remember you turned up late for both wars...years late.helium_flash

You as in Europeans

Oh, your comment seemed aimed specifically at me.