Why do all you people hate religions??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts

I always hear so many people here say rude things about Christians or Catholics.
Alright first of all, I am a catholic, so are my parents. We never have tried to convert anyone.
We never act like we are better then anyone, we never tell others they are going to hell if they swear or something.

So will atheists hate me just because I am a catholic??

I have a friend who is an atheist and he called me a retard because I am catholic.
So I am retarded because I am a catholic??

Should I be an atheist just because everyone tells me to be one??

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Yay for stereotyping!

I'm agnostic and have no hatred for religion at all. I have plenty of friends that are religious. Those that hate religion are just a very vocal minority that are increasingly brash due to the anonymity of the internet, or they're just normally pushy and opinionated in real life.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

not that i hate religion but i dislike it because it makes people do very stupid things.

faith, however is a different story, i admire those people.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Believe in what you want to believe. As long as you don't try to force it on others, either directly or indirectly, then its ok.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Atheists would most propably be disturbed if you did the things you mentioned, but since you don't, there's no reason. Besides even those who do those things, even though they are irritating, they are not hated (at least I don't hate them). Everyone has his own background which he/she didn't choose and shouldn't be judged by it. Just think that I could have been born in a cannibal family somewhere in the jungles (extreme case).

And you don't pick sides just for the sake of it or for the competition or anything like that. You search your soul, and you either feel like religion is the right way or you don't. Such decisions should be made with logical judgemen, not hatred.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
I don't hate religions.:|
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

So will atheists hate me just because I am a catholic??joshrocks2245
Some will, for some illogical reason.
So I am retarded because I am a catholic??joshrocks2245
No.
Should I be an atheist just because everyone tells me to be one??joshrocks2245
No, and atheists make up a very small portion of society. You're giving them too much credit.

I personally don't know you well enough to make much of an opinion of you.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts
Gamespot is wierd that is why. A lot of people on Gamespot think they are always correct ans smart. Most of them think you are dumb to belive in a floating man in space. They have closed minds. Most of them not all of them. Some extremly religious people on gamespot are annoying. And say things that make you feel like religion is crap. That is why I only go to system wars becasue OT is annoying.
Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
"you people", that's racist!
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I think your belief's simply rub people the wrong way. I don't hate most religious people, but I do hate religion. I can see where people would feel that a person who says they are a catholic has some pretty extreme beliefs when a person thinks of the bible and what it means to themselves. So if they aren't a Christian, even if you don't say anything is wrong with that, you think they are going to burn for all time in some terrible place, that just rubs people the wrong way.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theokhoth
To be fair to the TC, I think this stems from the "religious people scare the hell out of me" thread, which did accumulate an overwhelming amount of irrational religion-bashing. I was tempted to make a thread myself.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
I don't hate religion or the religious, I am actually an active Catholic.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
It's become a fad to hate on religion if you want to be modern and enlightened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5a79221380856
Additionally, someone can hate religion but be friends with a follower of that particular religion.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
No, everyone is entitled to believe in what they want. Aslong as they don't go out with their beliefs and start to prosecute others with it because they don't or are different. That's my opinion at least.
AnObscureName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AnObscureName
Member since 2008 • 2069 Posts
I am only against the concept of organized religion. I dislike the idea of "offerings" and of worship in general. I don't force anything on people though and these are only internal views. I don't care what others believe.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.
Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

Additionally, someone can hate religion but be friends with a follower of that particular religion.Genetic_Code

Becasue usually a religion does not make someone a good person or not. It is their own will.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joshrocks2245

It's become a fad to hate on religion if you want to be modern and enlightened. UssjTrunks

Yeah isn't it just fun to hate on religion and be really annoying and say rude things about Catholics or Christians?

NumCha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 NumCha
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

No your not retarded for being catholic hoever if you were to change your religion based on what other have said then you would be an idiot

I don't hate religions i just think that alot of them are hilarious and have hilarious beliefs

also i may appear religism because everything i believe in christianaity prety much goes agianst

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#21 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Yay for stereotyping!metroidfood

He didn't say all atheists hated religions. He said "so many people here say rude things about Christians", which is true.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
The extremists in any group (and they exist in pretty well every group in existence) are always liable to be abrasive and annoying. Best not to let them get to you.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 markop2003
Gamespot is wierd that is why. A lot of people on Gamespot think they are always correct ans smart. Most of them think you are dumb to belive in a floating man in space. They have closed minds. Most of them not all of them. Some extremly religious people on gamespot are annoying. And say things that make you feel like religion is crap. That is why I only go to system wars becasue OT is annoying. Omni-Wrath
There don't seem to be any annoying religous people anymore, i think they all got banned. Mindstorm is still around but he's not too bad, he dosn't try to preach his views even though he's pretty devout.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.markop2003
Most people generalize all religious followers with those annoying preachers. I'm religious and I can't stand preachers. My religion (Christian Orthodox) is against preaching altogether.
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 joshrocks2245

You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.markop2003

Just so you know, there are some atheists who go around calling religious people morons and they say they should be atheists as well.

Those people can be pricks to.

I guess not every atheist is like that though.

bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
I have nothing against religious people, however I don't like it when people try and convert me or try to make me feel bad for being atheist.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58348 Posts

First off, most atheists dont hate religion. They just dont believe in the idea any more than a Christian believes in Islam, and vice versa.

With that said, there are some bad apples out there but you gotta remember they dont represent the whole.

And your friend is stupid for saying what he said, and you should know better than to listen to him. When you pick a side, there always going to be other sides that dont like your choice, so you can either let them piss you off, or rise above it and be comfortable and confident in your choice.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UssjTrunks

[QUOTE="markop2003"]You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.joshrocks2245

Just so you know, there are some atheists who go around calling religious people morons and they say they should be atheists as well.

A number of the Atheists on this forum are annoying.
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joshrocks2245

The extremists in any group (and they exist in pretty well every group in existence) are always liable to be abrasive and annoying. Best not to let them get to you.GabuEx

Can I ask you why religious bashing people don't get moderated on Gamespot and get away with bashing it?

I've been here for a long time and I've never seen a person who disrespects religions get suspended or anything.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="markop2003"]You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.UssjTrunks

Names! :P
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="markop2003"]You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.UssjTrunks

As are religious people. Some people are just annoying, no matter what they believe.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 markop2003

[QUOTE="markop2003"]You seem to be an ok Catholic though there are some around who are pricks, to be honest i hate anyopne who trys to preach me anything wheather it be lgobal warming, which console is best or which religon is right, religous preachers do seem to be the hardest to shake though.joshrocks2245

True there are quite a fewathiest 'preachers' too... neither them or religous preachers are good they're both annoying. That's the reason why when i used to take part in the religon threads i'ld take the middle ground and support whichever side was loosing, sometimes i'ld change sides within the thread :P
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 markop2003
Most people generalize all religious followers with those annoying preachers. I'm religious and I can't stand preachers. My religion (Christian Orthodox) is against preaching altogether.

That's a good idea, maybe you should preach that :P
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theokhoth

Names! :PTeenaged

Deity_Slapper. . . . . . . .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5a79221380856

Can I ask you why religious bashing people don't get moderated on Gamespot and get away with bashing it?

I've been here for a long time and I've never seen a person who disrespects religions get suspended or anything.

joshrocks2245
You must have not heard of this fine user named Deity_Slapper. He was banned four times under different aliases. Mind you, these bans were permanent, but he kept dodging them. I don't remember the other atheists because I'm on good ground with them or they blend in the background too well.
ocdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ocdchild
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts
It's pretty lame to give in to other people's demands and "become atheist" because everyone tells you to. If you're catholic, jewish, lutheran, whatever, and you're HAPPY, then forget the rest of them. Hang out with people who are going to accept you.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 markop2003

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]Names! :PTheokhoth

Deity_Slapper. . . . . . . .

*Counter attacks with Godly_warrior* We should have made them 2 fight it out in thier own religon thread :P
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
I dislike the religion itself, not the people who follow it. Although, the uber-devout ones who like to tell me I'm living in sin, will go to hell, etc. can be become very annoying.
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joshrocks2245

As are religious people. Some people are just annoying, no matter what they believe.6matt6

Theres not that many annoying religious people, well they aren't here.

I see lots of religion bashers here though, they disrespect it for no reason just because they aren't religious.

Wow that makes sense hey??

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Great job of figuring everyone out. I'm an Atheist, could care less what you believe in. I'm also married to a Catholic.
Red-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Red-XIII
Member since 2003 • 2739 Posts

I always hear so many people here say rude things about Christians or Catholics.
Alright first of all, I am a catholic, so are my parents. We never have tried to convert anyone.
We never act like we are better then anyone, we never tell others they are going to hell if they swear or something.

So will atheists hate me just because I am a catholic??

I have a friend who is an atheist and he called me a retard because I am catholic.
So I am retarded because I am a catholic??

Should I be an atheist just because everyone tells me to be one??

joshrocks2245

I'm agnostic, my other friend is atheist and our mutual best friend is Catholic. He goes to church every Sunday too. None of us are affected by what the other believes. If your friend is disrespectful of your faith, then he's not really a friend.

A common problem with anyone, whether they be atheist, agnostic, theistic is they have a severe lack of empathy and a selfish drive to have others conform to their world view. Christians will tell atheists they're sinners and going to hell, atheists will tell them they're superstitious idiots, hell even Catholics and Protestants will fight over trivial matters of faith, everyone will pick on Jews and Muslims will blow up everyone. People don't like others that are different, it makes them uncomfortable not to fit in or have others not fit in with their lifestile.

NumCha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NumCha

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]The extremists in any group (and they exist in pretty well every group in existence) are always liable to be abrasive and annoying. Best not to let them get to you.joshrocks2245

i got a warning today for saying that the bible spread hate homophobia and that god is sexist all of that is true and yet i still get my sig removed so yeah people do get in trouble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a79221380856
*Counter attacks with Godly_warrior* We should have made them 2 fight it out in thier own religon thread :Pmarkop2003
GW is pretty cool actually. I don't agree with him most of the time, but he's thought provocative and I like that. He isn't annoying, too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
I love religions, thank you.
NumCha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NumCha

Lol well if everyone the bible condemned

was an athiest then there would be about 5 christians left

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
[QUOTE="6matt6"]

As are religious people. Some people are just annoying, no matter what they believe.joshrocks2245

I see lots of religion bashers here though, they disrespect it for no reason just because they aren't religious.

I can understand the frustration people have with religon though. How can someone be so sure of something no one is sure about?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Theokhoth

Lol well if everyone the bible condemned

was an athiest then there would be about 5 christians left

NumCha

That makes no sense at all.

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rom11
Member since 2005 • 2049 Posts
Omg don't be such a sissy. Your friend probably just mocked you like friends do :lol:
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 joshrocks2245
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"][QUOTE="6matt6"]

As are religious people. Some people are just annoying, no matter what they believe.6matt6

I can understand the frustration people have with religon though. How can someone be so sure of something no one is sure about?

I don't want to get into a battle here.
I hate when it's non religious people vs religious people

I just want to discuss all the religious haters.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

joshrocks2245

You must not be looking very hard then. :P

There's a line between legitimate criticism and outright trolling. People who cross the line can get, do get, and have been moderated.