Why are old movies so terrible?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
Just about every movie from the 1980s was awesome IMO.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

Hmm, I tend to get bored watching black and white movies. Anything 1968 onwards I'll watch.

CBR600-RR
Agreed.. I don't really care for black and white movies
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

they're not terrible, they are just dated

but yeah, for the most part I can't help but laugh when you hear the typical "Man, they dont make 'em like they used to" comments concerning entertainment. I am sorry, but the acting, cinematography, and general plot of older movies is downright atrocious relative to new movies.

We may complain about how Hollywood is churning out movies so quick and of such poor quality, but believe me when I say we do not want to return to how things used to be.

If a movie tried to pull a "I'm Spartacus" moment like that, it'd be laughed at. It worked back then because standards were lower, but doing the equivelent of that would get the movie slapped with "corny" and "preachy" and "overacting" titles.

mrbojangles25
Yeah, I agree with this.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
There are some great movies out there that are quite old, like Alien, Godfather, Bullitt etc.
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

[QUOTE="strangeisland"]

the **** did you just say!!? :P

theSteeeeels

bad example. that movie was corny as hell and actually fits the OPs description. i was facepalming at the 1 demensional characters.

...that just validates your and OP's bad taste in movies. We are really sorry that you cannot appreciate older movies OP. I'm sure the movies themselves cry a little inside. Now I'm off to watch Grapes of Wrath again...