Who thinks facebook is the worst site to ever exist??

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Friendster, Myspace, Facebook > all not for me and I deleted them. Each started off well and eventually degenerated in to being mostly useless in my opinion. They all do exactly the same thing, plus their own bells and whistles. If people want to have private pages and keep in touch with actual friends I understand that, but the fact is the great majority don't and use social networking as a lame and useless popularity contest, amassing "friends" they will never see, talk to or care about, beyond it having added another number to their statistics page. And, also my opinion, as soon as any social networking sites allow celebrities and corporations to create profiles so they can get free advertising and publicity, that site is basically useless. I feel the same way about youtube - as soon as every celebrity and corporation in the world realized they could use it to pimp themselves it became utterly pointless to have an account.albatrossdrums
I gotta agree with that. Too many people use it as an outlet to gratify their personal narcissism when, in actuality, they're actually only talking to one or two people over the service whilst spamming a bunch of other people's feeds.
MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

I've connected with so many past friends through Facebook, that regardless of the degenerative effects I think it has on certain aspects of social community, I have to say I like the site. I only go there to check messages and post the occasional update for my friends to see.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I can think of many, many other sites much worse.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
The fact that I'm forced to use it in order to contact people annoys me. It is interesting watching the ups and mostly downs of other people's lives though. There's this one girl who seems to have a new boyfriend every week. All I ever see is "luv my bf so much xxxx", followed a few days later by "i dont understand sum ppl", then some random guy will comment "aww, wats up? xx", and she'll probably be with him the following week. I'm surprised she's only had one kid so far considering her inability to keep her legs shut.
depend3ncy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 depend3ncy
Member since 2009 • 623 Posts

Good one :lol:

Thats life fail, but amusing from a distance.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

I think you need better criteria for "worst website ever" than just "has some crummy games on it" and "things that people choose to post are public in varying degrees".

Avatar image for AngelofDeath213
AngelofDeath213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AngelofDeath213
Member since 2009 • 2219 Posts
Um... Facebook is for keeping in touch with friends and family, not sharing personal information with strangers...
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Im using it now more than ever..... but it's just another website to me. not the best ever.
ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
So, all things considered, I'm going to assume that the TC isn't a social failure and just posted this topic for the sole reason he couldn't figure out a better topic.

Wouldn't that title technically go to this site?

And no, Facebook is fine. Some people don't like it, but calling it "the worst site to ever exist" would lead some to think you're just a social failure.

Dark__Link
Dude.....XD
ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
[QUOTE="albatrossdrums"]Friendster, Myspace, Facebook > all not for me and I deleted them. Each started off well and eventually degenerated in to being mostly useless in my opinion. They all do exactly the same thing, plus their own bells and whistles. If people want to have private pages and keep in touch with actual friends I understand that, but the fact is the great majority don't and use social networking as a lame and useless popularity contest, amassing "friends" they will never see, talk to or care about, beyond it having added another number to their statistics page. And, also my opinion, as soon as any social networking sites allow celebrities and corporations to create profiles so they can get free advertising and publicity, that site is basically useless. I feel the same way about youtube - as soon as every celebrity and corporation in the world realized they could use it to pimp themselves it became utterly pointless to have an account.Setsa
I gotta agree with that. Too many people use it as an outlet to gratify their personal narcissism when, in actuality, they're actually only talking to one or two people over the service whilst spamming a bunch of other people's feeds.

Too true there. It's why I stick with the 50 friends max bit. I actually speak to them and vice-versa. If it reaches too high I start cutting. I hate hearing unjustified angst anyways. =d
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24949 Posts

I hate facebook, because I don't want to display my last name. And pretty much all profiles just look pretty much the same. And I can't really view profiles while I'm offline, and there's no online status on the profiles. MySpace is better, imo. And I do think facebook is one of the worst sites to exist.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts

They have tons of horrible games on there, some people actually pay real money to play them. It's an invasion of privacy, I always see people post personal information on there I always see people post info about where they work and what they do everyday, I think it's a horrible site and I'm surprised it's so popular. Why do people like sharing info about their personal lives with strangers and people they hardly know??

joshrocks2245
most people have there friends as friends and not people who they don't know. Its also nice to see what your friends are up to or what other people you haven't seen for a while are doing.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Me me. I have a presentation tomorrow at class and guess what is my subject: Facebook and its horrendous privacy settings :D
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

I like facebook. Not addictively but to the point where i'll check it, see if anything's going on, maybe join a few pages that I either just thought of or see my friends joined. I agree with you about the games though, the only one I like to play are Texas Hold 'em (which is actually from Zyenga but can be played on facebook, and a few on the mindjolt games applacation) I have several friends who get on mafia wars or Mobsters 2 whenever possible. Hell my Aunt and Uncle are Farmville addicts, I hate all those games.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ArmoredCore55

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

What's the difference between Facebook and MySpace?

Why did Facebook overtake MySpace?

cheesyjon

You have usernames on MySpace, I think... that would make it harder to find friends who you don't see often.

You can have your name displayed on your profile on MySpace, you don't have to if you don't want to, though. :)
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

I hate facebook, because I don't want to display my last name. And pretty much all profiles just look pretty much the same. And I can't really view profiles while I'm offline, and there's no online status on the profiles. MySpace is better, imo. And I do think facebook is one of the worst sites to exist.

ArmoredCore55
Why do you always just copy and paste exactly what you said in other threads bashing facebook. It seems like you just want attention. And on topic - No I don't think it's terrible. I've been using facebook for over 3 years now and not once have I been stalked or anything of the like. I think your just paranoid.
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ArmoredCore55
[QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"]

Da_lil_PimP
Why do you always just copy and paste exactly what you said in other threads bashing facebook. It seems like you just want attention. And on topic - No I don't think it's terrible. I've been using facebook for over 3 years now and not once have I been stalked or anything of the like. I think your just paranoid.

I just want to share my opinion. And this is like the 3rd thread I've seen about facebook. :|
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#118 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I think that title would go to Myspace, I don't see anything wrong with FaceBook.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
It's too good. I'm addicted.
depend3ncy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 depend3ncy
Member since 2009 • 623 Posts

I think that title would go to Myspace, I don't see anything wrong with FaceBook.judog1

Yes! Sane people exist!

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Facebook is way better than Twitter that's for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

ArmoredCore55

Incidentally, you can display a nickname instead of your real name on facebook. Just make your nickname your first name if that's all you want to show. That nickname may be taken, but just add numbers as needed I guess.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

No. Facebook is just fine.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ArmoredCore55

[QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"]

guynamedbilly

Incidentally, you can display a nickname instead of your real name on facebook. Just make your nickname your first name if that's all you want to show. That nickname may be taken, but just add numbers as needed I guess.

I've tried just adding the first name, but it didn't work.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I don't get all of the facebook hate. It does what it does well. If you don't like socializing on the internet or just don't have friends, that isn't a problem with facebook.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

I don't get all of the facebook hate. It does what it does well. If you don't like socializing on the internet or just don't have friends, that isn't a problem with facebook.

coolbeans90

I beg to differ :P..

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Facebook is far from the worst site ever created.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"]

ArmoredCore55

I just want to share my opinion. And this is like the 3rd thread I've seen about facebook. :|

And out of those three, you've posted the exact same thing. I also don't see the problem with displaying your last name. Millions of people do it so it's not a huge deal.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#129 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I don't have a Facebook because I see no point for one at the moment but it's hardly the worst site ever. I know some people take it way too seriously but it's useful for organising events and keeping in touch with old friends. The games are pretty terrible though.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ArmoredCore55
[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"][QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"] Why do you always just copy and paste exactly what you said in other threads bashing facebook. It seems like you just want attention. And on topic - No I don't think it's terrible. I've been using facebook for over 3 years now and not once have I been stalked or anything of the like. I think your just paranoid.

And out of those three, you've posted the exact same thing. I also don't see the problem with displaying your last name. Millions of people do it so it's not a huge deal.

I wouldn't be the only one that feels uncomfortable displaying my last name to strangers.
Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

They have tons of horrible games on there, some people actually pay real money to play them. It's an invasion of privacy, I always see people post personal information on there I always see people post info about where they work and what they do everyday, I think it's a horrible site and I'm surprised it's so popular. Why do people like sharing info about their personal lives with strangers and people they hardly know??

joshrocks2245

I'm trying to create an anti facebookunion with some other users. Wanna help?

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#132 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
I don't get all the Facebook hate. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends. (Provided you actually have some). :?
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Wouldn't that title technically go to this site?Dark__Link

**** that was annoying!

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Man...Facebook hate is high in OT today.
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#135 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

They kicked you off didn't they?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#136 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

It is far from being the worst site out there. Sure, its interface is a mess, but it allows me to keep in touch with friends who live far away from me. :)

ChowsSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#137 ChowsSN
Member since 2004 • 10399 Posts
It's not the worst site ever.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21654 Posts
I'm sure a site infested with malware is more of a worse site than facebook. Hell, myspace is beneath facebook imo....
MyNameisaMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MyNameisaMeme
Member since 2009 • 661 Posts

Wouldn't that title technically go to this site?Dark__Link

Why did you do that? :x

I couldn't close the tab, so I had to press "Enter" who knows how many times.

NarutoFever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 NarutoFever1
Member since 2008 • 19322 Posts

Facebook sucks but I don't think it's the worst site to visit...

Eragon3131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Eragon3131
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts
Facebook isn't stupid, but some of the people who use it are. Facebook gives you the option of making your profile public, viewable only by your friends, or whomever you choose. Personally I don't think it is the "worst site ever," seeing as I just found a good friend of mine who I had lost touch with for years.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21654 Posts

Dark__Link

Strange, I had a hunch of what that site was, yet, I clicked it anyway....:(

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I am quite a fan of Facebook... As a matter of fact I have it open on my other tab. :P
nymdj128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 nymdj128
Member since 2010 • 1047 Posts
i love facebook. and what do you mean people they hardly know? most people add people they do know
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

I would tell you what the real site is but rules 1 and 2 prevent me.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#146 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Well if you don't won't your privacy invaded don't post private parts on there.

nymdj128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 nymdj128
Member since 2010 • 1047 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]

tocool340

Strange, I had a hunch of what that site was, yet, I clicked it anyway....:(

haha i like that site

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

I don't mind facebook, but I hate when people become addicted to it. I only ever go online to check out event, set stuff up of talk to people I can't in real life (live far away). The only time I really dislike facebook is when people post embarrassing photos/videos of me (usually when I'm drunk), that could really screw over chances of me getting a job if my potential employer ever saw those images/videos. It only happened once so far, and I got the guy to take it down, but it's something that I keep an eye on.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#149 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Even if you just hate social networking sites, or even the entire internet, altogether, you have to admit that facebook isn't the worst website ever because twitter is worse as far as social networking though.

The worst parts of facebook constitute the entirety of twitter.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

joshrocks2245
That would be the person's fault, not facebook's. You'd have to be crazy to think facebook is the worst site ever created. I'm not interested in using it, but I think it's nice.