Who has the more annoying fanbase? Harry Potter or Twilight?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

I'll definitely go with Twilight fans.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Well, Harry Potter fans only get annoying when a new book or film is out, but twilight fans are annoying about it all the time
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts

Twilight, because I'm one of the Potter fans that went to the midnight launch of the seventh book....

Twilight because Harry Potter doesn't sparkle.

Twilight because J.K is a better author than that hell-cow Stephenie Meyer..

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Twilight because it ACTUALLY sucks.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deihjan
Oh, and also because Twilight fans are stupid as hell..
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Never have much contact with either so...
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

Twilight because it ACTUALLY sucks.scorch-62

basically sums it up.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

Harry Potter is annoying due to the fact that there are grown people in their 20s-30s who think it's intellectual literature

Twilight fans are annoying because it's the standard teen girl fanbase.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
Meh....when all is said and done neither series is great literature. Though I do see the Potter movies.:P
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

Oh Twilight for sure. I think that most people will agree.

Like it or not, there's actually something special about Harry Potter. It's not 100% unique and J.K. Rowling isn't the best writer of all-time, but it obviously captivated almost an entire generation when the books first came out, and it has not lost any fire since then. Not everyone likes it or thinks that it's great, and that's fine, but there's obviously something special about it. Personally, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and have been for 12+ years.

Twilight, however, only gained popularity because the Harry Potter book series had ended and preteen girls needed something new to obsess over, so they grabbed on to Twilight with full force. Twilight is wholly unoriginal, and it's horribly-written. The movies are also dreadful. Whether you like the Harry Potter movies or not, you have to admit that the movies are, at the very least, cool or visually-stunning. There's nothing redeeming about the Twilight movies, though, and honestly the same can be said for the books. I read the books one summer because I was bored and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I still don't get it. The only thing that kept me going aside from curiosity was the fact that the books are so horrible that they're funny. The same can be said about the movies.

All in all I think most people will agree that Twilight fans are worse. Harry Potter fans can certainly get a little crazy, but at least their hype is justified and somewhat understandable to most people who aren't big fans.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
well considering Harry Potter is a variety of sexes and ages from all walks of life and Twilight is a group of 12 year old girls. I'm gonna have to go with Twilight on this one.
MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

Neither, because I don't make it a point to go looking for them, and in turn I DONT SEE ANY OF THEM! IMAGINE THAT =O0O0O0O

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Twilight because they're fans of something terrible

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MuddVader

well considering Harry Potter is a variety of sexes and ages from all walks of life and Twilight is a group of 12 year old girls. I'm gonna have to go with Twilight on this one. ferrari2001
I like how I'm a 12 year old girl, and the fact that you also disregard the slew of older women who also enjoy the series.

Actually, and I **** you not, the last people who mentioned Twilight being good to me/around me were my brother and my cousin. My cousin is a Male, 21 years old, very ALPHA MALE MUSCLE MAN!! I think the big difference is though, that hes not been exposed to the internet, so to him IT WAS JUST ANOTHER MOVIE (The one in question I think was New Moon)

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

The worst I've heard from a Harry Potter fan isthat they were going to stand in a line all night.

Twilight fans just won't shut the hell up.

poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poseidonwest
Member since 2010 • 675 Posts

Harry Potter fangirls >>>>> Twilight fangirls

And at least Harry Potter is actually good, and aimed towards everyone, not just annoying ltitle girls.

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MuddVader
[QUOTE="Deihjan"]Oh, and also because Twilight fans are stupid as hell..

As if super fans for anything aren't stupid as hell =V
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deihjan
[QUOTE="MuddVader"] As if super fans for anything aren't stupid as hell =V

You're right, but it's easier for me to pick on stupid Twilight fans, than stupid Potter fans..because that'd be ironic, since I'm a stupid Potter fan :P
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deihjan
But, to make lulz of Potter fans..
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
does it matter? no one has bug me on both sides.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

Oh, and also because Twilight fans are stupid as hell..  Deihjan

I lol´d so much :lol:

Twilight fans are annoying indeed.... the movie is horrible :?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#22 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Harry Potter, because the Twilight fandom is more funny and the HP fandom is more depressing. Which is partly because the HP books were actually quite good and didn't deserve to be ruined by creepy fangirls.
Vennligsinnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vennligsinnet
Member since 2010 • 529 Posts
Twilight fans no question about it.
Feryraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Feryraiser
Member since 2009 • 1574 Posts

Like it or not, there's actually something special about Harry Potter. It's not 100% unique and J.K. Rowling isn't the best writer of all-time, but it obviously captivated almost an entire generation when the books first came out, and it has not lost any fire since then. Not everyone likes it or thinks that it's great, and that's fine, but there's obviously something special about it. Personally, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and have been for 12+ years.

Twilight, however, only gained popularity because the Harry Potter book series had ended and preteen girls needed something new to obsess over, so they grabbed on to Twilight with full force. Twilight is wholly unoriginal, and it's horribly-written. The movies are also dreadful. Whether you like the Harry Potter movies or not, you have to admit that the movies are, at the very least, cool or visually-stunning. There's nothing redeeming about the Twilight movies, though, and honestly the same can be said for the books. I read the books one summer because I was bored and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I still don't get it. The only thing that kept me going aside from curiosity was the fact that the books are so horrible that they're funny. The same can be said about the movies.

All in all I think most people will agree that Twilight fans are worse. Harry Potter fans can certainly get a little crazy, but at least their hype is justified and somewhat understandable to most people who aren't big fans.

t3hrubikscube

+1

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I've never seen a Twilight fan in real life, so I'll go with Harry Potter.

ZeroHalberd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZeroHalberd
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

t3hrubikscube

exactly! i have seen and read material from both sides and twilight is just mentally insulting. S. Mayer is just an idiot who, granted, knows how to attract the masses, masses of complete idiots that is.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

It's obviously going to be Twilight.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

t3hrubikscube

+1 to this, it mirrors my sentiments exactly. i only feel bad that you had to waste your time reading the books all the way through, i made it to the second or third page of the first book and said "this is terrible, how do people read this?"

Paramorexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Paramorexx
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts
I find Twilight Fans aka Twihards to be waaaaay more annoying than Harry Potter fans.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

twilight. god i hate my sister.

Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts
Twilight is the correct answer.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#32 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I find Twilight Fans aka Twihards to be waaaaay more annoying than Harry Potter fans. Paramorexx
What about Twimoms? :lol:
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I think this pic will explain my answer:

Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Watch this. This will both change and solidify answers.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Twilight, because Harry Potter doesn't suck in everything it does.

Paramorexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Paramorexx
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts
[QUOTE="Paramorexx"]I find Twilight Fans aka Twihards to be waaaaay more annoying than Harry Potter fans. Cherokee_Jack
What about Twimoms? :lol:

Ugh. They all disgust me.
ParrotMonkey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ParrotMonkey56
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Ugh, Twilight. I think I'm the only girl in the universe that doesn't like Twilight. Love Harry Potter though, those books got me to enjoy reading.
Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

I'd say Twilight fans are worse. I've never met a serious Harry Potter fan who was particularly annoying. Can't say the same about Twilight fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Ugh, Twilight. I think I'm the only girl in the universe that doesn't like Twilight.ParrotMonkey56
You're not.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

twilight fans,but some twilight fans are kind of hot

ParrotMonkey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ParrotMonkey56
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="ParrotMonkey56"]Ugh, Twilight. I think I'm the only girl in the universe that doesn't like Twilight.t3hrubikscube
You're not.

One of the.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Four people clicked the wrong button.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

ok guys 1st and foremost twilight has the most annoying fans as the books are terrible and the movies have completely ruined vampires (wesley snipes must be ********) i mean i had a twilight fan say to me that the story of twilight is so original and deep that not even steven king can write that good. seriously wtf? lol

Ok but this here is a true story and i mean it TRUE i was reading one of my mothers womens weekly or new day or one of em i was bored okay and there was something about angelina and brad and it was around the same time as the 1st or 2nd movie coming out i cant remember, anyway it was an article on stephanie myer and how shes the new J.K. Rowling lol i thought too anyway it said that in an inteview with stephanie that she had 1st wrote a teen romance tragidy but the publishers didnt buy it so long story short she threw in a sparkley vampire and they bought it.

like thats wat makes twilight fans even more annoying is they like a crap series with passion

Aspen706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Aspen706
Member since 2010 • 4560 Posts
Twilight for sure.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I can tell you first hand Twilight fans are more annoying :P.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Deihjan
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"][QUOTE="ParrotMonkey56"]Ugh, Twilight. I think I'm the only girl in the universe that doesn't like Twilight.ParrotMonkey56
You're not.

One of the.

Far from. A lot of my friends hate it..
dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Last sumer it was twilight fans. Now harry potter fans.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#49 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I like both the Harry Potter and Twilight books, although the Harry Potter books are a bit more well-written.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#50 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Twilight. Because the fanbase is nothing more than a horde of screaming disillusioned teenage girls.

Harry Potter fans on the other hand aren't that annoying, at least from my experiences.