Who Do You Think Jesus Is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Firstly, thanks, TC, for the blessings.

Secondly, I think Jesus was more than likely a real guy who lived a few thousand years ago that shared some wisdom about how to treat people, how to treat ourselves, and to teach us about his beliefs regarding the nature of God.

I was raised Catholic, but as I got older, I developed a lot of doubts about how much of the Bible is factual. Nonetheless, I believe there's a lot of wisdom held within its pages and I do recommend people read it. Even if you don't take the dogma seriously, there's some great stories and some great lessons to be learned from them in there.

That's pretty much how I figure it. It's not that I'm an atheist, it's just that I have no way of knowing these sorts of things, nor does anyone else. So I figure I'll just be the best person I can be in the way I know how and we'll see what happens. I know that probably sounds a little naive, but what else can we do?

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
Why is this not the place to lead others to Christ? We should try everywhere we go to lead others to Christ.

I didn't forget to put that. Yes, Jesus is God's Son, but He is also God in the Flesh.
The Bible makes that quite clear.dog64

Take a look at the countless religion threads in this board. Do you see anyone changing their views? No, they just argue their own view, and neither side learns anything from the other.

No, not all Christian religions believe that Jesus is god in the flesh. Some believe that Jesus and god are seperate beings. In other words, they don't believe in the trinity. They believe that god is the father, and Jesus is his seperate son, just like it would work with us humans.

I might add that the very, very large majority of religion threads are, most likely, very unBiblical and doctrinally incorrect.

As for the second part, yes, there are some that believe that. But that is Biblically incorrect.

We might not change any minds. But we are going to do all in our power to try and serve the Lord, try and lead people to Christ, do what is right and just, and follow the Bible.
(Mark 16:15) - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
Why is this not the place to lead others to Christ? We should try everywhere we go to lead others to Christ.

I didn't forget to put that. Yes, Jesus is God's Son, but He is also God in the Flesh.
The Bible makes that quite clear.dog64

Take a look at the countless religion threads in this board. Do you see anyone changing their views? No, they just argue their own view, and neither side learns anything from the other.

No, not all Christian religions believe that Jesus is god in the flesh. Some believe that Jesus and god are seperate beings. In other words, they don't believe in the trinity. They believe that god is the father, and Jesus is his seperate son, just like it would work with us humans.

It plant's seeds

And he didn't say "The Christian Religion" believes that. He said the bible says that. If your a Christian who doesn't take the word of God seriously, then your not really that much of a Christian.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts
[QUOTE="dog64"]

I find it nice how Crushmaster and Blackregiment have teamed together to really stir up the religion debates in OT. I'm sure you're making Jesus proud right now. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, one thread on the bible that has over 2,000 posts is enough. We don't need a seperate thread on Jesus.

blackregiment

Then why are you here posting if it upsets you so? You can just ignore the thread. We are not here to upset you, we are here to be obedient to our Lord.

Why do you keep posting here? To spread your views on things and what you've been tought? I'm doing the same. I think I'm free to express my feelings on things. I'm not debating anything religious here.

And don't worry, you won't see me much here.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="Anamosa41"][QUOTE="KrisG7"]

I love religious people... They are hilarious to listen to!

Look at that one guy who keeps bringing up verses as if they were fact anyway..

There is no win here at all, no matter what. And no one will ever know until they die. Game over, believe in what you want and shut up already.

KrisG7

There are some who have experienced things to lead them to become "religious people" and accept their beliefs as facts.

It's completely acceptable, but it doesn't make it any more realistic than there being absolutely nothing...

Either way can be a logical solution, there are some who have experiences things to lead to become pure athiests as well. Who's to say there are right or wrong..

It's just a funny subject is all.

Yes, people do have those experiences too. People who lose loved ones sometime go through such a terrible time, so they say, "How could a God let this happen?". That is the wrong way to go, but is sometime an understandable thing.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts

[QUOTE="Ontain"]he was a regular guy that might have been very inspirational but he was made legend and a god over time.mrcong

A regular guy? If he was a regular guy, why would the 11 of the 12 eyewitness disciples willingly go to their brutal execution for someone they knew to be a "normal guy"? Sure, there are those that die for a lie that they think it true, but no one will bring upon their own doom for something they KNOW is a lie.

Also, keep in mind that their is strong evidence that the entire NT was finished before 70 A.D(including the accounts of Christ's life) Such an early date of completion of the historical accounts of Christ's life all but assure the accuracy of the accounts, for legends cannot develop within a period of decades(and even shorter, as Mark is considered to be written in the mid-to-late 50s), they take hundreds and even thousands of years to form.

Excellent points. In addition to that, the Apostles preached in Jerusalem among others that had witnessed the events surrounding Christ's death and resurrection. The Apostles challenged them them and said, you know this is true, you observed the events as well. None of these contemporaries came forth and disputed what the Apostles were preaching. If it was a lie, nonbelievers, especially among the Jews and Romans would have disputed their preaching.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="dog64"]

I find it nice how Crushmaster and Blackregiment have teamed together to really stir up the religion debates in OT. I'm sure you're making Jesus proud right now. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, one thread on the bible that has over 2,000 posts is enough. We don't need a seperate thread on Jesus.

dog64

Then why are you here posting if it upsets you so? You can just ignore the thread. We are not here to upset you, we are here to be obedient to our Lord.

Why do you keep posting here? To spread your views on things and what you've been tought? I'm doing the same. I think I'm free to express my feelings on things. I'm not debating anything religious here.

And don't worry, you won't see me much here.

By all means, please feel free to post. I was not trying to discourage you. I was just wondering why you read the thread if you were so upset by it. In fact, I encourage you to post any evidence you have that you think refutes the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I enjoy showing how flawed that evidence really is. That is what debate and seeking the truth is all about.

Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

If he existed, he was a regular person.Rocky32189

It is a fact that he existed, even all atheists believe that.

Jesus is God.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Dariency

This is my last post in this thread (at least it should be).

Just about every Christian religion has different ways of interpreting the bible. One may take one thing of the bible literally, and another may take that same part figuratively. It really depends on what you believe, and what you think is to be right. So, in my example, one may take "I and the Father are one" in a literal sense, and believe that Jesus and god are indeed the same person. Another, however, may take it to mean that Jesus was illustrating how he and god are united in one thought, and have the same purpose. You, yourself, have the right to decide for yourself whether to take it literally or figuratively. But no one should claim that they, 100% without a doubt, have the "correct" view, because any religion can give "proof" from their own religious book, but can't really prove it in a literal sense.

Blackregiment, I actually discourage anyone from posting evidence for you since you claim it to be flawed before you even read it. That would mean the person would be wasting their time. And this thread isn't making me upset, per se. It's just upsetting to me, in a way, that a group of religious people from a religious union are posting religious topics to start religious discussion.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blackregiment

That's pretty much how I figure it. It's not that I'm an atheist, it's just that I have no way of knowing these sorts of things, nor does anyone else. So I figure I'll just be the best person I can be in the way I know how and we'll see what happens. I know that probably sounds a little naive, but what else can we do?

Generic_Dude

Study the Bible and you will see that all men, myself included, are sinners and unable to save ourselves. Good works will not save us. Due to our sinful nature, we cannot live a life without sin. The penalty for sin is spiritual death, eternal separation from God. That is why Jesus died, so we would not have to pay the price for our sins if we put our faith in Him. He paid the price.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
he is made up. just like every other "sun god"
Trelaf_TheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Trelaf_TheWise
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

God in the flesh for me, as well. The Bible makes that quite clear.Crushmaster

If I write a book and claim its the word of god would you believe me?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Silenthps

Just about every Christian religion has different ways of interpreting the bible. One may take one thing of the bible literally, and another may take that same part figuratively. It really depends on what you believe, and what you think is to be right. So, in my example, one may take "I and the Father are one" in a literal sense, and believe that Jesus and god are indeed the same person. Another, however, may take it to mean that Jesus was illustrating how he and god are united in one thought, and have the same purpose. You, yourself, have the right to decide for yourself whether to take it literally or figuratively. But no one should claim that they, 100% without a doubt, have the "correct" view, because any religion can give "proof" from their own religious book, but can't really prove it in a literal sense.

Blackregiment, I actually discourage anyone from posting evidence for you since you claim it to be flawed before you even read it. That would mean the person would be wasting their time. And this thread isn't making me upset, per se. It's just upsetting to me, in a way, that a group of religious people from a religious union are posting religious topics to start religious discussion.

dog64
If your a Christian who doesn't take the word of God literally, all that shows is your lack of faith. People always try to take parts of the bible figuratively because their human minds aren't able to understand Gods word at the time. For years, people thought the world was flat, were as in the bible, it clearly states that its round. But peoples lack of faith at the time caused them to think otherwise. People used to think the behemoth in the bible was an elephant or hippo, when it clearly states it has a tail like a cedar which would make it more like a saurapod dinosaur. If you put your faith in modern science, you get modern answers. If you put your faith in God, you get the truth.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blackregiment

Blackregiment, I actually discourage anyone from posting evidence for you since you claim it to be flawed before you even read it. That would mean the person would be wasting their time.

dog64

I will consider any evidence. There is only one truth. I know that the Bible is the truth, therefore everything that is is in opposition to the truth is untrue and can be shown to be untrue. That is what I meant.

And this thread isn't making me upset, per se. It's just upsetting to me, in a way, that a group of religious people from a religious union are posting religious topics to start religious discussion.

dog64

How does that square with the principles of love, tolerance, diversity of thought, and freedom of speech that secularists always claim they support?

Again, we are not intending to upset you, we are just exercising our God given right of freedom of expression, to spread the Good News of the Gospel out of love for our fellow man and in obedience to the Lord.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

But we are going to do all in our power to try and serve the Lord, try and lead people to Christ, do what is right and just, and follow the Bible.Crushmaster

So you're just basically part of a cult?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Son of the big guy upstairs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 123625

he is made up. just like every other "sun god"ronniepage588

Lol zeitgeist.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]But we are going to do all in our power to try and serve the Lord, try and lead people to Christ, do what is right and just, and follow the Bible.gasmaskman

Um...no. Cults are disgusting and detestable. They would kill to get people to join them (Not all will). We we do no such thing.
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]A regular guy who told some nice stories.Yodas_Boy

And also claimed he was God, was executed for blasphemy, and was seen alive afterwards...

Like Saddam Hussein? :P

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
[QUOTE="dog64"]

Silenthps

If your a Christian who doesn't take the word of God literally, all that shows is your lack of faith. People always try to take parts of the bible figuratively because their human minds aren't able to understand Gods word at the time. For years, people thought the world was flat, were as in the bible, it clearly states that its round. But peoples lack of faith at the time caused them to think otherwise. People used to think the behemoth in the bible was an elephant or hippo, when it clearly states it has a tail like a cedar which would make it more like a saurapod dinosaur. If you put your faith in modern science, you get modern answers. If you put your faith in God, you get the truth.

Being Christian, you must realize that you are still human and nothing more. You can be a Christian and not believe everything in the Bible is 100% literal. One can be Christian and believe in evolution and one can be atheist and not believe in evolution. All one needs to do to qualify as a Christian is to believe in Jesus, his miracles, death, resurrection, and the life in the world to come. There are no strict rules for Christianity. That's why there are so many denominations. Not one of them can be considered the "true" path to salvation. All of them lead to the same place. One can be a Christian and still hold their own philosophies and beliefs. Being a Christian is about belief and faith, not how many people you can proselytize. To be quite honest, when your union persistantly tries to proselytize people in the OT board even when it's made clear that it's unwanted, you guys come across as automatons.

Oh yeah, faith in God is one thing, but not trusting modern science is such a great loss. The word "science"itself is derived from the Latin word for "knowledge".

Without modern science we'd still be dying of smallpox, tuberculosis, various influenzae, and other diseases.

Without modern science, you wouldn't have the computer you're using right now.

Without science we'd be nowhere.

I've heard the analogy from you guys is that that spreading the word of God is like a scientist sharing the hypothetical cure for cancer with the world. The only problem with that is that a cure for cancer would benefit humanity much, much more.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]But we are going to do all in our power to try and serve the Lord, try and lead people to Christ, do what is right and just, and follow the Bible.gasmaskman

We are not a cult, we are followers of Jesus Christ and His revealed Word. Here is a link that will give you some information on religious cults if you are interested.

http://www.allaboutcults.org/what-is-a-cult-faq.htm
timposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 timposter
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

God manifested in the flesh. Fully God and fully man. One person of the Trinity. God is one in essence and three in persons, God the Father, God the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.blackregiment

Exactly.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
One of many self-proclaimed "messiahs" attempting to undermine the technological and social progress of the Roman empire.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="dog64"]

Shad0ki11

Being Christian, you must realize that you are still human and nothing more. You can be a Christian and not believe everything in the Bible is 100% literal. One can be Christian and believe in evolution and one can be atheist and not believe in evolution. All one needs to do to qualify as a Christian is to believe in Jesus, his miracles, death, resurrection, and the life in the world to come. There are no strict rules for Christianity. That's why there are so many denominations. Not one of them can be considered the "true" path to salvation. All of them lead to the same place. One can be a Christian and still hold their own philosophies and beliefs. Being a Christian is about belief and faith, not how many people you can proselytize. To be quite honest, when your union persistantly tries to proselytize people in the OT board even when it's made clear that it's unwanted, you guys come across as automatons.

Oh yeah, faith in God is one thing, but not trusting modern science is such a great loss. The word "science"itself is derived from the Latin word for "knowledge".

Without modern science we'd still be dying of smallpox, tuberculosis, various influenzae, and other diseases.

I've heard the analogy from you guys is that that spreading the word of God is like a scientist sharing the hypothetical cure for cancer with the world. The only problem with that is that a cure for cancer would benefit humanity much, much more.

I didn't say not taking the bible %100 literal doesn't make you a Christian. I said it shows your lack of faith that it is truely the word of God. And if religion threads were unwanted, then people wouldn't click on them.

Modern science is always changing. One day your science may be the truth, then in a few years you find out its obselete. The one and only thing that is perfect and never changes is Gods word.

edit: also, God is a God of science. Of course without science we'd be nowhere. But modern science isn't perfect.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dariency

If your a Christian who doesn't take the word of God literally, all that shows is your lack of faith. Silenthps

Not every word of the bible is meant to be taken literally. When Jesus said to remove a body part if it makes you sin, he didn't mean it literally. When Jesus said that if someone doesn't hate his family and that person couldn't be his follower, he didn't mean that literally, correct? He was basically illustrating, or given metaphors. The bible has many examples of these. You just have to choose which ones are metaphors according to your own knowledge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 123625

One of many self-proclaimed "messiahs" attempting to undermine the technological and social progress of the Roman empire.foxhound_fox

Where and when did he try to do that?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Oriental_Jams
Member since 2008 • 1610 Posts
A decent teacher. Nothing more.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 foxhound_fox
Where and when did he try to do that?123625

Christianity brought about the fall of the Roman empire and the beginning of the Dark Ages in Europe. He may not have intended to do so but that's what he did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 123625

[QUOTE="123625"]Where and when did he try to do that?foxhound_fox

Christianity brought about the fall of the Roman empire and the beginning of the Dark Ages in Europe. He may not have intended to do so but that's what he did.

But Jesus didn't do it, it would of been the early church fathers fault and the church, not Jesus. And i don't know much about Roman history got a source for this saying that christianity did what you are saying?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Silenthps

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]If your a Christian who doesn't take the word of God literally, all that shows is your lack of faith. dog64

Not every word of the bible is meant to be taken literally. When Jesus said to remove a body part if it makes you sin, he didn't mean it literally. When Jesus said that if someone doesn't hate his family, he didn't mean that literally, correct? He was basically illustrating, or given metaphors. The bible has many examples of these. You just have to choose which ones are metaphors according to your own knowledge.

When He uses a metaphor or a parable, he makes it very clear that he is doing so. When he said to remove a body part, right after he says that its better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. But if he says something like " I and the father are one" thats completely diffrent.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
A messanger of god
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 foxhound_fox
But Jesus didn't do it, it would of been the early church fathers fault and the church, not Jesus. And i don't know much about Roman history got a source for this saying that christianity did what you are saying?123625

Jesus is why Christianity came to be. Without him there would not have been Christianity.

No one knows the exact reason to why the Roman empire fell. Lots of people suggest that it was an internal collapse of the power regime but the empire itself was flourishing and provided safety and a strong economy for those who were a part of it. Some people laughably suggest that it was the lead piping used to transport water. But a major contributor is the factor that Christianity had on the empire and how it was completely incompatible with how the empire did business. Once Constantine converted, it was all over.

But one must be able to admit that the social and scientific progress brought about by both the Greeks and the Romans at the time were phenomenal and were only slowed down by the empire's conversion to Christianity and the beginning of the Dark/Feudal ages in Europe. Greece and Rome had already been through Feudalism hundreds of years prior to their peaks... it only went straight back to it and only at the time of the Renaissance did art, science and rationality begin to flourish again.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
A genius because he spread a religion which became the largest in the world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 123625

[QUOTE="123625"]But Jesus didn't do it, it would of been the early church fathers fault and the church, not Jesus. And i don't know much about Roman history got a source for this saying that christianity did what you are saying?foxhound_fox

Jesus is why Christianity came to be. Without him there would not have been Christianity.

True enough, but thats like me building up a company to become the richest in all the world. Then me dying and having my descendant cause world war three, would it be my fault? Plus I can't find anything within christianity that would want the fall of the Roman empire, especially when it became "christianised." I would blame the people and what they chose to beleive, more than anything else.

No one knows the exact reason to why the Roman empire fell. Lots of people suggest that it was an internal collapse of the power regime but the empire itself was flourishing and provided safety and a strong economy for those who were a part of it. Some people laughably suggest that it was the lead piping used to transport water. But a major contributor is the factor that Christianity had on the empire and how it was completely incompatible with how the empire did business. Once Constantine converted, it was all over.

Possibly, but thats kind of Romes fault too for accepting christianity. I would not consider it the religions fault, as much as the peoples fault.

But one must be able to admit that the social and scientific progress brought about by both the Greeks and the Romans at the time were phenomenal and were only slowed down by the empire's conversion to Christianity and the beginning of the Dark/Feudal ages in Europe. Greece and Rome had already been through Feudalism hundreds of years prior to their peaks... it only went straight back to it and only at the time of the Renaissance did art, science and rationality begin to flourish again.

Yes I would agree, but I would blame it on the church more than I would christianity. Mainly beacause christianity doesnt want to hold back scientific research at all.

Steingrimur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Steingrimur
Member since 2005 • 3561 Posts
The first communist.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blackregiment

Being Christian, you must realize that you are still human and nothing more.

Shad0ki11

We are human but we are born again, a new creature in Christ, indwelt by the Holy Spirit and have a personal relationship with the Lord.We also have assurance of eternal life.

You can be a Christian and not believe everything in the Bible is 100% literal. One can be Christian and believe in evolution and one can be atheist and not believe in evolution. All one needs to do to qualify as a Christian is to believe in Jesus, his miracles, death, resurrection, and the life in the world to come.

Shad0ki11

All of our beliefs are based on God's revealed Word in the Bible, which is God's truth. It is not about denominations.Those are many made. It is about obedience to the Word of God. Faith is more than intellectual belief it must be from the heart.

Rom 10:8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

One must be born again in order to be saved..

Joh 3:3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily,verily,Isayuntothee,Excepta manbebornagain,hecannotseethekingdomofGod.

Joh 3:7MarvelnotthatIsaiduntothee,Yemustbebornagain.

As I said, it is also about obedience to the Lord.

1Jn 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1Jn 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Luk 6:46Andwhycallyeme,Lord,Lord,anddonotthethingswhichIsay?

Joh 14:15Ifyeloveme,keepmycommandments.

1Jn 2:4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Shad0ki11

Your science argument is a red herring.

No one is against science. In fact, if you do the research, you will find that the fathers of most scientific disciplines were Christians or men of faith. The science you are referring to is practical or experimental science, which is about discoveries that improve the health or other conditions of man. There is only one truth and that is God's truth. True science is and will continue to conform itself to the truth of God's Word as more and more discoveries are made.That is why the myth of evolution has become a house of cards built on and propped up by speculation, intimidation, censorship, and indoctrination and many evolutionists, especially in biology, physics, and cosmology will privately admit that within a decade or two will likely be abandoned. Christians are not against science, most disciplines were started by people of faith, we are against pseudo science, the whole goal of which is to destroy faith in God. .

Shad0ki11

Judeo Christianity has formed the basis of the political, legal, educational, etc. systems of western civilization. In addition, your comment reflects thinking on a temporal scale. Life in this world is like a wisp of smoke compared to eternity, so even if your assertion regarding a cur for cancer was true, it is dwarfed by eternal considerations.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="dog64"]

Silenthps

I didn't say not taking the bible %100 literal doesn't make you a Christian. I said it shows your lack of faith that it is truely the word of God. And if religion threads were unwanted, then people wouldn't click on them.

Modern science is always changing. One day your science may be the truth, then in a few years you find out its obselete. The one and only thing that is perfect and never changes is Gods word.

edit: also, God is a God of science. Of course without science we'd be nowhere. But modern science isn't perfect.

Saying that in order to be a Christian you have to believe in the Bible 100% and not believing in the Bible 100% shows a lack of faith is the same thing. Being a Christian shows faith.

allosalut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 allosalut
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

God in the flesh for me, as well. The Bible makes that quite clear.Crushmaster

No it doesn't, it says that he is God's son, not God himself.

If he was God then why would he pray to himself? Why does it say in the Bible that god gave his only begotten son?

He is God's son, not God himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 123625

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]
God in the flesh for me, as well. The Bible makes that quite clear.allosalut

If he was God then why would he pray to himself? Why does it say in the Bible that god gave his only begotten son?

Trinity, and it does give many tips to Jesus's Divinity.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blackregiment

[QUOTE="123625"]Where and when did he try to do that?foxhound_fox

There is a difference in Biblical Christianity and the Roman Catholic Church. The Church you are reffering to in the Dark and Middle Ages is the Roman Catholic Church, not Biblical Christians.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Silenthps

Saying that in order to be a Christian you have to believe in the Bible 100% and not believing in the Bible 100% shows a lack of faith is the same thing. Being a Christian shows faith.

Shad0ki11

I never said you have to believe the bible %100 to be a Christian. To be a Christian you have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

An example of lack of faith would be this. If the bible says God answers prayer, and you pray and pray for something and it hasn't yet been answered. Then come to the conclusion that God wont answer your prayer, it's showing a lack of faith in God's word. It doesn't mean your not a Christian, it just means you don't have faith that God keeps his promises. If the bible says God created the earth in 6 days, and a bunch of scientist say it took 4.6 billion years. If you go with what the scientist say, It show's you dont have full faith in what God says. You can still have faith that Jesus died for you though.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

God is one in essence, three in persons. God the Father, God the Son Jesus, God the Holy Spirit, the trinity, all equally God..

Jesus is God and is the Word.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Who is the Alpha and Omega? God

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Who is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega? God

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Who is the First and the Last and the Alpha and Omega? God. Who is I Jesus, that is now revealed as the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last? God who is Jesus who is God. Two persons of the Trinity.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Who is it who liveth, was dead, and behold is alive forevermore? Jesus

Conclusion, Scripture teaches that Jesus is God and is the Word. God the father, Jesus the Son (God), and the Holy Spirit (God), the Trinity, one in essence and three in Persons.

totalmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 totalmachine
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts
God in the flesh. I believe.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Silenthps

I never said you have to believe the bible %100 to be a Christian. To be a Christian you have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

An example of lack of faith would be this. If the bible says God answers prayer, and you pray and pray for something and it hasn't yet been answered. Then come to the conclusion that God wont answer your prayer, it's showing a lack of faith in God's word. It doesn't mean your not a Christian, it just means you don't have faith that God keeps his promises. If the bible says God created the earth in 6 days, and a bunch of scientist say it took 4.6 billion years. If you go with what the scientist say, It show's you dont have full faith in what God says. You can still have faith that Jesus died for you though.

I pray to God all the time, dude. I don't take everything in the Bible literally though. I do believe that Jesus was the savior and was resurrected. At the same time also I strongly believe in evolution and that the world was created billions of years ago. Does that make me less faithful? No. Do I need to prove my faith? No.

Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

John 1: 1-2 In the begining was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the beging

John 1: 14 The word became flesh and made his dwelling amoung us.

Also to all the people who say take the bible 100% literally look at Revelation 9: 17-19 it clearly discribes planes and tanks.

Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts
What would you call a modern day "jesus"? Yah, a loonie...
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 blackregiment

What would you call a modern day "jesus"? Yah, a loonie...
Pessu

It has been said, even by secular psychologists, that if one studies the Sermon on the Mount, in the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of Matthew, the excellence of the words and teachings of Jesus in just those verses, surpasses the totality of all advice ever written in the history of man by all psychologists and sociologists that ever lived. Many concede that if all the advice ever written by those experts were condensed down, into one document, Jesus's teachings would dwarf them in significance. This is overwhelming evidence for the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible as well as the divinity of Christ.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Shad0ki11

I pray to God all the time, dude. I don't take everything in the Bible literally though. I do believe that Jesus was the savior and was resurrected. At the same time also I strongly believe in evolution and that the world was created billions of years ago. Does that make me less faithful? No. Do I need to prove my faith? No.

What parts of the Bible do you not take literally? And why don't you take them literally?
Pessu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 Pessu
Member since 2007 • 944 Posts

[QUOTE="Pessu"]What would you call a modern day "jesus"? Yah, a loonie...
blackregiment

It has been said, even by secular psychologists, that if one studies the Sermon on the Mount, in the 5th, 6th, and 7th chapters of Matthew, the excellence of the words and teachings of Jesus in just those verses, surpasses the totality of all advice ever written in the history of man by all psychologists and sociologists that ever lived. Many concede that if all the advice ever written by those experts were condensed down, into one document, Jesus's teachings would dwarf them in significance. This is overwhelming evidence for the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible as well as the divinity of Christ.

Words are words no matter how you order them. A certain order doesnt make them divine.