Who Do You Think Jesus Is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

The title says it all. The poll is directly above this post.
Thank you, and God bless,
Crushmaster.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
A regular guy who told some nice stories.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

A regular guy who told some nice stories.SolidSnake35

Aye. I bet the ladiez loved him! XD

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

The title says it all. The poll is directly above this post.
Thank you, and God bless,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

No doubt about it, God in the flesh.

Of course, all atheists are going to say he was a fictional character because they refuse to accept God's existance.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If he existed, he was a regular person.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crushmaster

God in the flesh for me, as well. The Bible makes that quite clear.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts

The guy at the local garage who's excellent with setting up the suspension.

jk. Don't kill me.

maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
fiction, a load of made up nonsense... just kidding i love jebus, actually i couldn't care lol
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

A regular guy who told some nice stories.SolidSnake35

And also claimed he was God, was executed for blasphemy, and was seen alive afterwards...

Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

If he existed, he was a regular person.Rocky32189

"If he existed"? No historian with half a brain doubts that he existed.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

some dude cool enough not to keep making religion threads...

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
A revolutionary historical and religious figure. As for the validity of his alleged miracles and teachings, I don't know, and I really don't care.
VikingBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VikingBeard
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Jesus is Billy Mitchell, the only person on earth to ever have a perfect score on Pac-Man.

ekul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ekul999
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
god in flesh obviously 20:54:39 07-21-2008 :!
KrisG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KrisG7
Member since 2005 • 2430 Posts
He was a fanatic..
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts
God manifested in the flesh. Fully God and fully man. One person of the Trinity. God is one in essence and three in persons, God the Father, God the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.
KrisG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KrisG7

Oh man, these religious threads are friggin' hilarious.

Quote that bible verse! GG.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts

A guy who has a beard and whe was seen yesterday riding a T-rex holding a lightsaber while Princess Zelda rode with him on the plains of Hyrule.

In essence he is Link.....+ a Lightsaber minus the master sword + the T-Rex minus a horse.

My interpitation of Jesus I win.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts
One of the most amazing man in History As all the others hwe was betrayed by his followers
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crushmaster
God manifested in the flesh. Fully God and fully man. One person of the Trinity. God is one in essence and three in persons, God the Father, God the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.blackregiment

Amen. Well said.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

I find it nice how Crushmaster and Blackregiment have teamed together to really stir up the religion debates in OT. I'm sure you're making Jesus proud right now. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, one thread on the bible that has over 2,000 posts is enough. We don't need a seperate thread on Jesus.

haggard_korn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 haggard_korn
Member since 2006 • 3662 Posts
my waitor at Hacienda last night
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
he was a regular guy that might have been very inspirational but he was made legend and a god over time.
kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kornholio360
Member since 2006 • 6973 Posts
Well, whoever he is, he's a Level 1 noob. :lol: :P
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blackregiment

"Is Jesus God? The Historical Dispute
Is Jesus God? The answer to this question is the only real dispute surrounding the historical Jesus. No legitimate scholar today denies that Jesus is a historic figure that walked on this earth about 2,000 years ago, that he did remarkable wonders and acts of charity, and that He died a horrible death on a Roman cross just outside Jerusalem. The emotionally-charged dispute focuses specifically on whether Jesus was God incarnate who rose from the dead three days after His Crucifixion.

Is Jesus God? The Only Alternatives
Is Jesus God? Many people have dealt with this "spiritual" dispute by intellectually accepting Jesus as a great man, great teacher, or great prophet. However, Jesus and His inspired followers didn't mince words when they declared Him to be God (John 10:30-38, Matthew 16:13-17, Mark 14:61-64, John 14:6, Hebrews 1:8, Colossians 1:16, John 12:40-41 [quoting Isaiah 6:1-10]). Therefore, any type of intellectual compromise calling Jesus a "good man" is logically inconsistent. Why? Because there are really only three legitimate alternatives for the identity of Jesus Christ. He is either a liar, a lunatic or our Lord and God. Since Jesus claimed to be God, His claims are either true or false. If false, He must have been a liar, deliberately misleading the multitudes. Or, He was a lunatic, sincerely believing Himself to be God, when in reality He was just a man. However, if Jesus was a "good man," as most people now agree, how then could He be both good and crazy, or good and a liar? There is only one logically consistent alternative - He must have been telling the truth. In addition to the logical inconsistency, the remarkable historical, archaeological and manuscript evidence shows that Jesus was neither a liar nor a lunatic. Again, the only position left is that His claim is true. Jesus is Lord and God.

The only real argument that remains, is that Jesus was just a legend or myth. There is little likelihood that Jesus' claims are legend. There just wasn't enough time for any legendary development of the story to replace what really happened. For instance, we now know that the Gospels were written 30 to 50 years after the crucifixion of Jesus. More dramatically, we now date some of the early Christian creeds, proclaiming the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, to 3 to 10 years after His crucifixion. This includes Paul's letters to the Corinthians, Romans and Galatians. Finally, if Jesus' claim of deity was a myth, the early Jewish opponents of Christianity would surely have presented the fact that these claims never happened. Unlike modern skeptics, the Jewish rabbis never denied that Jesus made the claim that He was God. Instead, they called Him a liar, and tried Him for blasphemy.

Is Jesus God? The Only Answer
Is Jesus God? Once you have asked all your questions, weighed all the evidence, and tested all the arguments, you will ultimately be confronted with this question. In Mathew 16:15, Jesus put it this way, 'But who do you say that I am?' One of His disciples, Simon Peter, replied: 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' What is your reply?"

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/is-jesus-god-c.htm

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#26 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Well, whoever he is, he's a Level 1 noob. :lol: :Pkornholio360
:lol: You win the internet :P.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Crushmaster

I find it nice how Crushmaster and Blackregiment have teamed together to really stir up the religion debates in OT. I'm sure you're making Jesus proud right now. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, one thread on the bible that has over 2,000 posts is enough. We don't need a seperate thread on Jesus.

dog64

We're not doing these to "Stir up trouble". We're doing these to try and lead others to Christ.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
The son of God and a spiritual leader.
Avatar image for SamcottsPSWii60
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 SamcottsPSWii60
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts

Eww, I hate all this religious rubbish.

The world would be a better place without it.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts

Jesus is the Son of God who was born of the virgin Mary, died of crucifixion at the hands of Rome(as requested by the Jews), and literally arose 3 days later in defeat of death, just as the Bible records.

Those that say Jesus never existed are being intellectually dishonest, as even the most anti-Christian figureheads concede this point(due to the plethura of evidence given by eyewitness accounts and secular testimony).

As BR has stated, as well, the options of an insane fanatic or a deceptive leader are not open for consideration, leaving the title of Lord as the only logical option.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrcong

SamcottsPSWii60

Yes, lets dispose of the charitable Christians and leave the Earth in the hands of the capable Hitlers, Maos, and Stalins.

Great thinking!

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dariency
[QUOTE="dog64"]

Crushmaster

We're not doing these to "Stir up trouble". We're doing these to try and lead others to Christ.

I didn't say trouble, I said "religion debates", which your previous thread had and this thread will. And this is not the place to lead others to Christ. This is a off-topic forum on a video game website, not a religion website to try to help others find a religion they like. All you're going to get is what you got in your previous thread: Nothing.

And you forgot to put "God's Son" in your pole. Not every Christian religion believes that Jesus was god in the flesh.

Avatar image for SamcottsPSWii60
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 SamcottsPSWii60
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts
[QUOTE="SamcottsPSWii60"]

mrcong

Yes, lets dispose of the charitable Christians and leave the Earth in the hands of the capable Hitlers, Maos, and Stalins.

Great thinking!

Sounds good to me.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blackregiment

In order for one not to believe that Jesus is God, they they would have to deny the empty tomb and the Resurrection. .

That would mean that the Apostles and early Christians made up the Resurrection story. Why would they endure such persecution for something they knew was a lie? The Apostles and early Christians were stoned, beheaded, boiled in oil, imprisoned, crucified, scourged, fed to lions, clothed in animal skins and then torn apart by wild beasts, tarred and lit on fire, disemboweled, burnt at the stake, etc., rather than recant their faith.

An explanation would be required as to why the Jewish Priests and Roman authorities that wanted so much to stamp out early Christianity, as evidenced by their persecution of Christians, chose not to display Jesus' body to disprove the claims of the followers of Christ that he had arose from the dead.

Also needing to be explained would be why the Apostles were bold enough to preach the resurrection in Jerusalem, the very city where Christ was crucified, to crowds that lived during those events and could have easily disputed the resurrection claims publically.

Finally, one would need to explain why the early church grew so quickly in a pagan world, especially when it was under intense persecution.

KrisG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KrisG7

I love religious people... They are hilarious to listen to!

Look at that one guy who keeps bringing up verses as if they were fact anyway..

There is no win here at all, no matter what. And no one will ever know until they die. Game over, believe in what you want and shut up already.

bunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bunkster
Member since 2003 • 721 Posts
He was a regular guy, but with a superior sense of morality and greater wisdom than 99.9 percent of other people, and he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. I think that he didnt literally believe that heaven and hell existed, but yet used those terms as an example of what the world can be like if everyone followed his teachings and what the world will be like if mankind continues its self destructive course. He knew that the ignorant masses *would* take him seriously when he talked about heaven and hell but if it leads the people to live good lives than who cares about a little deception? Its too bad that people corrupted his essentially wise and good words and turned them into reasons to start 'Holy wars' and all that other bs.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="dog64"]

dog64

I didn't say trouble, I said "religion debates", which your previous thread had and this thread will. And this is not the place to lead others to Christ. This is a off-topic forum on a video game website, not a religion website to try to help others find a religion they like. All you're going to get is what you got in your previous thread: Nothing.

And you forgot to put "God's Son" in your pole. Not every Christian religion believes that Jesus was god in the flesh.

Why is this not the place to lead others to Christ? We should try everywhere we go to lead others to Christ.

I didn't forget to put that. Yes, Jesus is God's Son, but He is also God in the Flesh.
The Bible makes that quite clear.
Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts

dog64

They are in the same union I am. We all are together on this.

To the OP: I believe Jesus is God's Son, thus He is equal to God. Jesus Christ is also the Messiah, Prince of Peace, Alpha and Omega, King of Kings, and many more.

evanman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 evanman32
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He was born of a virgin. He lived a perfect life that I can never live, and He shed his blood by laying down his life for my sins against Him. He then arose from the grave three days later, because death has no power over Him. And I thank God that he loved me enough to satisfy my sin debt against Him.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

He is God in the flesh

He is a Good teacher; and more

He is truth

He is reality

He is the only truly sane person ever to exist

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mrcong

he was a regular guy that might have been very inspirational but he was made legend and a god over time.Ontain

A regular guy? If he was a regular guy, why would the 11 of the 12 eyewitness disciples willingly go to their brutal execution for someone they knew to be a "normal guy"? Sure, there are those that die for a lie that they think it true, but no one will bring upon their own doom for something they KNOW is a lie.

Also, keep in mind that their is strong evidence that the entire NT was finished before 70 A.D(including the accounts of Christ's life) Such an early date of completion of the historical accounts of Christ's life all but assure the accuracy of the accounts, for legends cannot develop within a period of decades(and even shorter, as Mark is considered to be written in the mid-to-late 50s), they take hundreds and even thousands of years to form.

xvmdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xvmdg
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

Well, clearly this thread will filled with clever and origonal arguments by both sides and we will all leaeve today with a greater r4espect for everyone involved.

Seriously though, 4 pages of this with Christians with cut-and-paste arguments, and the Atheists have yet to respond in kind?

You disappoint me, OT

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dariency

Why is this not the place to lead others to Christ? We should try everywhere we go to lead others to Christ.

I didn't forget to put that. Yes, Jesus is God's Son, but He is also God in the Flesh.
The Bible makes that quite clear.Crushmaster

Take a look at the countless religion threads in this board. Do you see anyone changing their views? No, they just argue their own view, and neither side learns anything from the other.

No, not all Christian religions believe that Jesus is god in the flesh. Some believe that Jesus and god are seperate beings. In other words, they don't believe in the trinity. They believe that god is the father, and Jesus is his seperate son, just like it would work with us humans.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Anamosa41

There is no win here at all, no matter what. And no one will ever know until they die. Game over, believe in what you want and shut up already.

KrisG7
There are some who have experienced things to lead them to become "religious people" and accept their beliefs as facts.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

The Bible makes that quite clear.dog64

Take a look at the countless religion threads in this board. Do you see anyone changing their views? No, they just argue their own view, and neither side learns anything from the other.

No, not all Christian religions believe that Jesus is god in the flesh. Some believe that Jesus and god are seperate beings. In other words, they don't believe in the trinity. They believe that god is the father, and Jesus is his seperate son, just like it would work with us humans.

Well-said.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blackregiment

dog64

Then why are you here posting if it upsets you so? You can just ignore the thread. We are not here to upset you, we are here to be obedient to our Lord.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Christians are called by the Lord to go forth and share the Gospel. We are being obedient to the Lord's command. I think that the Lord is pleased when Christians obey Him. He said.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Here is what He told us to do.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
KrisG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KrisG7
[QUOTE="KrisG7"]

Anamosa41

There are some who have experienced things to lead them to become "religious people" and accept their beliefs as facts.

It's completely acceptable, but it doesn't make it any more realistic than there being absolutely nothing...

Either way can be a logical solution, there are some who have experiences things to lead to become pure athiests as well. Who's to say there are right or wrong..

It's just a funny subject is all.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Anamosa41
[QUOTE="SamcottsPSWii60"]

mrcong

Great thinking!

I know you are joking, but it took 6 years to stop Hitler In those 6 years over 50 million people died. I don't believe we need another Hitler
bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bigse63xy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
A fictional character.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
He was a very persuasive fanatical man who thought that he was God in the flesh.