White kid being beaten unmercifully by black kids

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

A student on a Belleville West High School bus was beaten for his choice of seat, not because he was white, according to a witness and police.

"The incident appears now to be more about a couple of bullies on a bus dictating where people sit," said Belleville Police Capt. Don Sax, who originally said Monday's attack may have been racially motivated.

D'Vante Lott, 16, said he was on the bus and witnessed the attack by the two black students.

The victim walked onto the bus, looking for an open seat, but students kept turning him down, as D'Vante said happened often with this student.

But Monday, the victim apparently tired of asking for a seat, D'Vante said, moved one student's book-bag off a seat, and just sat down.

The student next to him then started hitting the victim for moving his bag, D'Vante said.

But the second assailant was just trying to act tough, D'Vante said. "The second guy hit him because he wanted to hit him," he said.

D'Vante didn't think the attacks were racially motivated.

"Nobody even knows the kid," D'Vante said. "He's a quiet dude."

"They usually let him sit down," he continued.

Meanwhile, D'Vante said, the bus driver did little. "He kept driving. All he said was 'Sit Down.'"

Later, D'Vante said, the victim tried to take a picture of his face with a phone, but he couldn't get a good picture, so he asked someone else to do it for him.

The school suspended the two attackers for 10 days today, pending an expulsion hearing, and suspended three bystanders, including D'Vante, for five days for laughing at the incident, D'Vante and his mother said the principal told them.

D'Vante's mother, Shenico Greer, was very upset outside Belleville West this afternoon, as she picked up her son.

"He was not in the fight!" Greer said.

"Everybody on that bus, mostly, was laughing and standing up," she said.

She said her son even helped the victim after the attacks, picking up his glasses and asking him if he was OK.

Greer also didn't think the attack was racially motivated.

"There are other white children who sit with black children," she said.

Meanwhile, school and police officials met Tuesday afternoon. Police spokesman Sax said he did not know what came of the meeting.

Police had not this afternoon presented charges for prosecution to the state's attorney's office, Sax said.

Still, several white parents and students said Tuesday afternoon that they felt the incident had to have been racially motivated, and that the school has been struggling with racial tension.

STLToday

Here's the video.

It's been debated by many people if this incident is race related.

Thoughts?

Punjabiking101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Punjabiking101
Member since 2008 • 1577 Posts

I think it was that no one liked em, and it was racist. But, really? Just for moving a bag that's jacked up.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Just because someone from another race hits someone from another race doesn't make it a hate crime. Sick of the media always makin' it out like that
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Not racially related.
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Just because someone from another race hits someone from another race doesn't make it a hate crime. Sick of the media always makin' it out like thatToriko42

You know if it was the white kids unmercifully beating up the black kid, this would be considered racist in a heartbeat.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sammyjenkis898
Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's racist, I'm just curious what everyone thinks about this whole ordeal.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

I feel sorry for anybody who isn't a sheep and goes to that school. seems like it's full of low lifes.

Not a racial crime by the way.

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts

Stuff like that makes me sick. That's all that needs to be said. Poor kid... :(

Pushed onto the floor, his face was probably bleeding, having a group of kids laughing and yelling racial slurs that don't even apply to a white kid.

Just sickens me

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Hmm, they all have successful futures.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
It's definitely not racially motivated but this still ticks me off. I mightve done nothing after the first guy beat him up, but if I was near the second guy as he tried to hit that kid, I definitely wouldn't have only watched.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sammyjenkis898

Stuff like that makes me sick. That's all that needs to be said. Poor kid... :(

Pushed onto the floor, his face was probably bleeding, having a group of kids laughing and yelling racial slurs that don't even apply to a white kid.

Just sickens me

Oblivionfan10
Yeah, the video isn't the most pleasant thing to watch, to say the least..
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oblivionfan10
And they just suspended them!!?? The victim, if he continues to go to this school, will have to face them once again. People lack any sense nowadays
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Stuff like this makes me glad that I don't live in America. People are always jumping to conclusion when the words "black" and "white" are in the same sentence. Come to think of it every time one of the words are mentioned, people always instantly call the person a racist, like if someone says "I hate white chocolate/black jellybeans."

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Im disgusted! not much tried to defend him, he was helpless and they still bother to fight him, you dont gain anything by fighting a helpless kid! My blood boils just by watching this video!! ^%*^%&!!!
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

It's not racial, they were just a couple of bullies being jerks. The fact that the victim was white and they were not had nothing to do with it.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pvt_r3d
There are alot of teachers posting comments on the video.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

WTF thats ****** up especially when the second kid just hit him for no reason

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Thoughts?

sammyjenkis898

How would I know if it was racially motivated or not? Some people say it was, some people say it wasn't, and I wasn't there to see it.

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Oblivionfan10
Im disgusted! not much tried to defend him, he was helpless and they still bother to fight him, you dont gain anything by fighting a helpless kid! My blood boils just by watching this video!! ^%*^%&!!!Arctic_Grillz
No, but they probably thought they were cool after they did it.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Just because someone from another race hits someone from another race doesn't make it a hate crime. Sick of the media always makin' it out like thatRob0_Jesus

You know if it was the white kids unmercifully beating up the black kid, this would be considered racist in a heartbeat.

I call BS.

Please show me a statistic indicating that 100% of white people who attack black people end up getting charged with hate crimes.

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

omg, I had that happen to me back in highschool. dude didint want me sitting next to him on the bus, started punching my arm while sitting there...so I beat the living **** out of him. lol that brings back memories.

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

That was really messed up.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

Thoughts?

MrGeezer

How would I know if it was racially motivated or not? Some people say it was, some people say it wasn't, and I wasn't there to see it.

I'm asking your thoughts on the whole racial debate, not if it is racist.
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Someone shouted "kick his $$$" before he even get to seat. WTF is their problem?!
MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
Just because someone from another race hits someone from another race doesn't make it a hate crime. Sick of the media always makin' it out like thatToriko42
this is true. but lets be honest. him being white no question motivated them more so. you think if he was black the beating would be that serious and hell, would have happened? Im sorry, but when you live ina neighborhood close to the ghetto, everything isn't as sweet as on tv.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oblivionfan10

Here is an article on it. It gives more detail on what was said on the bus

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer

It's definitely not racially motivated but this still ticks me off. I mightve done nothing after the first guy beat him up, but if I was near the second guy as he tried to hit that kid, I definitely wouldn't have only watched.Pvt_r3d

I probably would have watched, because I don't want to get punched in the face.

I've seen fights in high school before, and I'd always just watch and say "man, someone ought to help that kid."

Sure, I'M not gonna help that kid, but SOMEONE ought to help him.

*shrugs*

Hell, I guess you can call it bystander apathy at most. Or at least, you can call it not wanting to get punched in the face. The people at Columbine High School could have torn Harris and Klebold to pieces, but they were scared so they didn't.

KcurtorMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KcurtorMas
Member since 2009 • 1484 Posts

No, its probably not racist. Those kids are just ofa lower intelligence, and probably in directed classes. They have no competentsocial skills, obviously.

Cant comprehend how to get this kid out of your seat in an orderly fashion? Well beat him up, ofcourse. So stupid...

Anyway, where in the hell is the bus driver during all of this?

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Oblivionfan10
That article I linked makes me feel worse. It was beginning of the day, bus ride to school. Nurse is waiting once they get to school, victim is picked up by his mother... how he must feel :(
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sammyjenkis898

Anyway, where in the hell is the bus driver during all of this?

KcurtorMas

"Throughout the incident, the bus driver repeatedly yelled for the students to sit down and quiet down. But he opted to continue on to the school. The bus driver could be heard saying on his radio that a nurse was awaiting the bus's arrival at school.

On Tuesday, industry leaders defended the driver's actions, saying he followed nationally accepted protocol during the incident. Witnesses said the school bus had a different driver on Tuesday. And, on Tuesday morning, a security guard was on the bus, they said."

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oblivionfan10
I just found the unedited video with sound...
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

Thoughts?

sammyjenkis898

I'm asking your thoughts on the whole racial debate, not if it is racist.

What speciic aspect of "the debate" are you referring to?

I mean, with regards to this situation, the "debate" seems to be over whether the incident was racially motivated. And I don't know.

So I mean...I'm willing to discuss aspects of racial tension. Hell, in real life I've had people accuse me of trying to be white, and on the forums I suspect that I come off as more of a militant black supporter. I'll talk about race, sure. I just don't see how this particular incident lends itself very well to racial debate. May have been racially motivated, may not have been, but the attackers were CERTAINLY total jackasses. That's really about all I am capable of saying about this.

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Oblivionfan10
The kid was on the ground for so long. He just sits right back in his seat, just sits there. Then that kid goes up and punches him and goes back to do it again, but some kids restrain him.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
Shouldn't have moved the kid's bag. Simple as that.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

That's horrible--I feel so sorry for him. These last few days just haven't been a good look for black people. Kanye West west making Taylor Swift feel bad, some guy disrespecting Obama in the middle of a speech, 1 million people marching on Obama(:P), Serena flipping out, and now this--people who are racist are totally having the best week ever with all this mess. Comments everywhere on these matters show that.

But either way, I seriously doubt this has anything to do with race though either. The kid is probably soft and quiet--he's most likely a punk. He's probably hella weak and people test the weak in certain communities--especially when they know they won't fight back. This happens to other black students all the time. This is nothing new or limited to one race. So yeah, pretty much just bullying.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pvt_r3d
Shouldn't have moved the kid's bag. Simple as that.lilasianwonder
I didn't see anywhere else in the bus to sit at in the video.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Oblivionfan10
Okay, in the unedited video, the victim walks past the camera leaving the bus. You can see his face. He's beaten, a lot of blood on his face
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Oblivionfan10
[QUOTE="lilasianwonder"]Shouldn't have moved the kid's bag. Simple as that.Pvt_r3d
I didn't see anywhere else in the bus to sit at in the video.

And how was he supposed to know that doing so was going to result in him getting the crap beatout of him
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Looks like a case of bullying more than anything that has to do with race. Honestly, just because someone of another race hits someone of a different race doesn't make it racist. I'm hispanic mixed with other things and I got in a fight with a black student my freshman year, didn't mean it was racist:| Seriously guys...
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
those two black kids probably going to end up in prison later in life... while that white kid going to end up in college and be successful in life.
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

If I were the parent of any of the kids who stood by laughing, I'd be ashamed.

akmex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 akmex
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

im tired of crap like this that happens. people dont know how to act.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrGeezer

those two black kids probably going to end up in prison later in life... while that white kid going to end up in college and be successful in life.aka_aj03

I don't see where you're getting that from.

What, getting beaten up somehow makes people successful in life? You think that ghettos aren't full of broke people and criminals who haven't at one point or another gotten jumped?

Man, if I knew that getting my ass kicked in high school would be a sure sign of success, then I would have gotten my ass kicked a long time ago.

Hmm....wait a minute...I DID get my ass kicked in high school. So how come I'm not successful?

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Oblivionfan10
those two black kids probably going to end up in prison later in life... while that white kid going to end up in college and be successful in life.aka_aj03
Probably, and that's the silver lining. He is better off. The kids who beat him up will be in jail, like you said
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Oblivionfan10

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]those two black kids probably going to end up in prison later in life... while that white kid going to end up in college and be successful in life.MrGeezer

I don't see where you're getting that from.

What, getting beaten up somehow makes people successful in life? You think that ghettos aren't full of broke people and criminals who haven't at one point or another gotten jumped?

Man, if I knew that getting my ass kicked in high school would be a sure sign of success, then I would have gotten my ass kicked a long time ago.

Hmm....wait a minute...I DID get my ass kicked in high school. So how come I'm not successful?

I think what he meant was: The victim is the better man, he didn't hurt anyone and he apparently never has. The 2 bullies probably are failing students with no sign of a future, who go out and violently beat up innocent people. And since when did people gettin beat up in school destroy one's chances of success?
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Not racially motivated.

It was just another kid with glasses that people like to beat up, and pick on.