Where are you moving.......after the Gamespot disaster..?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

Forums are fine. I actually like them better (other than the fading quotes)

Reviews have become far to egocentric around the editors, but i like them rounding to full numbers. everything else is just far too difficult to find and track. i'll probably stick with GB for news and reviews

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#152 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
@onuruca said:

I'm looking for a new site like the old Gamespot. Where i can:

- Look at game pages with latest info, media, release dates

-Track games

-Rate games scores like 7.5

- Look at upcoming weekly release dates

- Correct and updated database of every game organized to its genre

So far i'm haven't been able to find a site like the old gamespot. Even though the new design sucks i can live with it, but the fact that they removed all the aspects that made Gamespot the best site to track games is unacceptable.

I would have to agree about rating games. I don't see why they can't let us users use half-points. In fact, having the .1 increments back from several years ago would be nice too.

Chupert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 Chupert
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts

I feel you dude this site sucks I used to have gamespot as my homepage, now its all broken, not helpful, the searchs are horrible, i just tried to look for new releases on xbox 360 and I got halo 3 as a result and a bunch of old games (WTF?!!) no more search by score, or genre its just terrible why fix whats not broken?, and in this case why brake what was not broken...

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I came back and everything is all messed up. I thought the idea was to improve the site not make it worse. My whole profile is gone.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts

It takes forever to load and I liked the old version, but change is good, and this new one looks pretty snazzy.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

How the site looks is ok but the forums are a disaster.

My reaction when I first saw the new forums....

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

I actually prefer the forums now.They are faster than before(they are pretty slow still,but better than before),problems are few,the layout is prettier and it is now easy to edit messages quick.

However,many thread categories were removed,but I think they will come back in the next few weeks.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

I hate how I look at my previous comments that they don't direct me to my comment when I click on it. It just goes to the front page.

Sometimes I want to see what people responded to me without sifting through 5 pages.

Oidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Oidal
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Been using Gamespot for 20 years. Adios ............................

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

Lol, what a fickle reason to choose a forum. I actually prefer the new layout to the old, so I disagree with you and won't be changing.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_lance
Lone_Wolf_Lance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#162 Lone_Wolf_Lance
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts

Nowhere, I'm here to stay.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Still gonna be here, I ain't going anywhere. It'd be nice if the loading was faster.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Well, it's been a while since the change and I gotta say this place sucks hairy monkey balls. My desire to visit is dwindling every day. I'm not gonna outright proclaim I'm done here but I'm starting to feel like it may come to an end naturally unless things get drastically better here.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167  Edited By chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

@junglist101 said:

Well, it's been a while since the change and I gotta say this place sucks hairy monkey balls. My desire to visit is dwindling every day. I'm not gonna outright proclaim I'm done here but I'm starting to feel like it may come to an end naturally unless things get drastically better here.

Agreed.

I've really tried giving this new layout a chance, but it just isn't jiving with me. It feels too clunky and inconvenient to navigate around. Quoting people sucks, and the whole idea of 'replying' to someone is idiotic, considering when I reply to anyone here I'm replying to WHAT THEY JUST SAID.

Anyway, the only real thing keeping me on these forums is the community...but because of the new changes, the community is a fragmented shell of what it used to be.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#168  Edited By ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

I don't like this new place at all, but it's still better than most forums. I'll be hanging around here...I guess.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I only use this site for it's forums, so i couldn't care less about the changes outside of the forums. The only real complaint I have about the forums is how when I go to my post history, I have nothing to click to lead me to my post like the old site did. Best I can do is click to get to the thread I posted in and only to the first page. I have to track down my post from there and that sucks ass. Well now that I am thinking more on it, I also miss the emotes, the site is slow as hell, and my sig doesn't show when I make a post unless I refresh the page.

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By EnelSama
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The new interface sucks i agree , i can't even search for games probably , like how the hell do i search for lets say rpg games for xbox 360 without getting weird stuff poping up , alot of icons are missing , some stuff doesn't even show up , i was planning to moving to ign or GT...

what do you guys think ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#171 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's a little harder to navigate. But I want to give them time to work on things.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#172 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@EnelSama said:

The new interface sucks i agree , i can't even search for games probably , like how the hell do i search for lets say rpg games for xbox 360 without getting weird stuff poping up , alot of icons are missing , some stuff doesn't even show up , i was planning to moving to ign or GT...

what do you guys think ?

GT is better....but IGN sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Are you people still bitching about the redesign?

Don't you think it's time to move on?

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It doesn't help that a lot of it's content is taken from Neogaf.

Still this place does feel kind dead. Perhaps a good way to rid of the habit of seing this kind of websites.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i was browsing through something like reddit and ended up considerably upset by it. i unwittingly happened upon a few snuff gifs. wow "snuff gifs." what an abysmally awful state of things, that you have to dread the probable encounter of something so terrible. i really am still messed up by it.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

@OmitName said:

i was browsing through something like reddit and ended up considerably upset by it. i unwittingly happened upon a few snuff gifs. wow "snuff gifs." what an abysmally awful state of things, that you have to dread the probable encounter of something so terrible. i really am still messed up by it.

If some snuff gifs messed you up, I would just avoid being on the internet entirely.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

perhaps. speaking of, im offset a bit that, snuff gifs are something that, considering that statement, you are very callous to.

its easy to say that there is some crazy stuff on the internet. purposefully as it is, or something caught by chance. in most things the remarkableness and wonder of it is, that the subject of what you are seeing got away with it. the one or two things i saw were just grim and graphic. perverse enough that such a thing went down, much more so that someone took the time to make an animation of it. what were they expecting to add? each of these was book ended by things intended to be interesting or funny; like people dont know the difference. its true that what bothered me is what i got from inbetween the lines, still. and why a gif? gifs should make people happy i say. if you have some regrettable ambition to share such things, have the decency to label it in a clip; something that will make it less easy to find yourself snared by.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I'm posting a lot more on Neogaf now

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

Too be honest, I'm actually using GameSpot's boards MORE than before now. I originally used GameFAQ's boards but after awhile it seemed to get kinda old with its too simplistic set up. Which works for the site, but I felt I needed to change things up a bit.

Navigation wise, its a little difficult, but nothing too hard to get used to.