Where are you moving.......after the Gamespot disaster..?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Lets face it.......the new Gamespot is a disaster.I don't like it anymore.Ugly,it feels empty and hard to use........the old GS is 10times better.Gamespot have kill the Gamespot.....thank you very much for this.

Anyway....i am looking for a new place to go and i am thinking the GT forum.At least it look a lot better and it is easy to use.Where are you moving........??

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

It's fine. Calm down.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I actually like it. I was a bit lost at first as I'd taken two weeks "off" the internet and came back to a new look and feel (and a bunch of bookmarks that no longer worked). Now I'm getting used to it I kinda like it. Looking forward to having the AU forums back though as it seems a shame to lose functionality we once had as a result of the upgrade.

General performance and feel is much better/more professional in any case.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AtariKidX

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

hellbound99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 hellbound99
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Are you talking about the forum or the site in general? If the latter I agree with you, it's a disaster. I have to disable Adblock to view the videos. And I swore to myself I would never endure commercials since I gave up television. Still, I can't let go of this site.

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EagleEyedOne

@AtariKidX said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

Level was a gimmick. It's cleaner now.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtariKidX

@hellbound99 said:

Are you talking about the forum or the site in general? If the latter I agree with you, it's a disaster. I have to disable Adblock to view the videos. And I swore to myself I would never endure commercials since I gave up television. Still, I can't let go of this site.

I am talking about the forum and the site in general.Why they have done this.....??It is horrible.

hellbound99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hellbound99

@AtariKidX: I know, I hate the slow load time, and the commercials on videos. It's a if it ain't broken don't fix it kind of thing. As for leaving I heard IGN is not bad.

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EagleEyedOne

@AtariKidX said:

@hellbound99 said:

I am talking about the forum and the site in general.Why they have done this.....??It is horrible.

You guys actually watch the videos on GS? IGN already holds the market share on that. Read Game Informer or Play Magazine if you want a real informed review on games.

hellbound99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hellbound99

@EagleEyedOne: Okay, maybe I'm too narrow minded when it comes to video game review videos. I never tried any other site for games other than this one. I will give those sites a try.

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

The new site is cleaner, and the gamespot levelling system is still present under the trophies tab on your profile (although i'm not sure whether it's still working).

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EagleEyedOne

@hellbound99 said:

@EagleEyedOne: Okay, maybe I'm too narrow minded when it comes to video game review videos. I never tried any other site for games other than this one. I will give those sites a try.

Maybe. Just, my first instinct for reviews is not Gamespot as they still employ Tom McShea to review games.

Avatar image for mehrdad19872010
mehrdad19872010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 mehrdad19872010
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

I am just bummed that there is no Fuse anymore. I liked the idea of a Facebook kind of social site but only for gamers.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

For now I will be staying here. The new site has annoyed me but no plans to leave yet.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AtariKidX

@EagleEyedOne said:

@hellbound99 said:

Maybe. Just, my first instinct for reviews is not Gamespot as they still employ Tom McShea to review games.

Tom McShea is a joke.............he gave Bioshock infinity a 4.lol

But any site must have a clown.

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

nowhere, but this site is still garbage

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

You can still see your level in the trophies on your profile and I think signatures are hidden by default. You need to go in settings to change it and re-upload a signature image if you still want to put up one.

hellbound99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hellbound99

@AtariKidX: Then again you can use the reviewer's score against user score and metacritic score and if there is a big disparity you know something is wrong there.

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

brokespot plays none of the videos for me

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

It's awesome, stop whining about pointless features.

Rather complain that it's buggy, but in that case it's still better than the old GS.

hellbound99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hellbound99

@iagbas: Me too, until I disabled Adblock. They got greedy, they want to force adds on you.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#22 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I'm not going anywhere, the site is fine. If you want to see your level click "Trophies" on your profile.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@hellbound99: Gamespot has admitted that it's a video player bug and they are working to fix it. So we have to have a little patience I guess, same for the server performance.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#24 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I do post in another forum with my GS buddies that left, but I don't plan on leaving here completely. I'm getting accustomed to the changes so I think I'll stick around for a while.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Not going anywhere. Its not the first site redesign I have lived through and it will not be the last.

And nothing is as bad as when the whole site looked like the unions did, this is not so bad.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm in agreement, i said in the comments when they were changing it that the one thing i loved about gamespot was the whole 6 panel news at the top, i also liked the tabs at the top which allowed me to see the shows and each console and now they've stripped it away, to a smaller tabs so more menu's to go through, and the 6 or so panel news bit has been replaced by i don't know what because it doesn't work, the forums weren't broke, the new layout feels very cluttered and all that writing down the side, this forum just feels like the comments section at the bottom of a review or preview. I'm one for change but to change it from something which was a good layout in the first place is pretty poor decision, it's nearly as bad as the gamesradar.com layout.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af8931bafc82
deactivated-5af8931bafc82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5af8931bafc82
Member since 2002 • 298 Posts

Me personally, I'm trying to adjust to the new site , it is growing on me more each day as i seem to be finding everything much easier now.

If its just a video player bug that isn't allowing adblock, that is also a huge plus, since I very rarely have to turn it off on any other sites i visit, so i'd prefer to

keep it enabled on GS too.

But I do understand the need to generate revenue to continue bringing us the latest content.

If the ads stay as unobtrusive as they currently are. i may even forget i have adblock disable here by the time its fixed.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AtariKidX

Can they at least bring back the small emotions photos in the posts......??I have miss that.....:(

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I really, really didn't care for the site when it first launched, but they've made enough changes to it already (making our username and post counts appear to the left of our post like normal instead of above, making this site still feel like a forum and less of a social media news feed).

The site is still really rushed though, they definitely were in a hurry to get it up. =/ And there are still a ton of major glitches. Like, you know, people's accounts disappearing.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AtariKidX

@Aquat1cF1sh said:

I really, really didn't care for the site when it first launched, but they've made enough changes to it already (making our username and post counts appear to the left of our post like normal instead of above, making this site still feel like a forum and less of a social media news feed).

The site is still really rushed though, they definitely were in a hurry to get it up. =/ And there are still a ton of major glitches. Like, you know, people's accounts disappearing.

Are you serious.....??people's accounts disappearing...??How..??:(

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

The daily happening

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32  Edited By iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

after the OP finishes with their panic attack they can double check the new look of this site and realize it is an improvement.

Gamespot has finally joined the 21st century by streamlining and simplifying our look.

it is hardly rushed - didn't you noticed how much time was spent creating the new site?

Fuse was made for the sole purpose of testing concepts for the new Gamespot and combined into this new look.

every change in life is an adjustment but that is what life is anyway - adjustments and improvements as you advance and move forward.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Don't be so melodramatic.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#34  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@iowastate: yeah, it does look modern as hell for better or worse.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

The thing I miss the most is the game tracking. It's not completely gone, but on the old gamespot I could easily see what games I was tracking were coming out in a certain month. Now I don't get to see any release dates anymore, why is that ?

So many small things that made the previous site more enjoyable were cut for some weird reason.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
@AtariKidX said:

@Aquat1cF1sh said:

Are you serious.....??people's accounts disappearing...??How..??:(

Apparently when people change their images on the site their accounts might disappear, according to a stickied topic. Just one of the many reasons that show this site was really, really rushed.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts

Not very far.. it's a crazy new website called www.gamespot.com.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I like the layout better. What I really miss is user-accessibility of keeping track of our posts and unread new posts through the old posting history page. I'm sticking around for now because this site's so new and maybe they're working on such a feature, but come a few months if it's still so difficult to keep track of my contributions I'll look elsewhere to fulfill my gaming forum needs. Which will suck as I find the community here for the most part to be enlightening and interesting.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Nowhere. I decided to quit internet. Without the old GS it's not even worth having an internet connection.

Kirillius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kirillius
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@iowastate:

Hardly rushed?!?! Cammon! The site looks like it's been done by some marketing intern using some out-of-the box CMS software.

No thought or UI logic has been used on what bits need to go where.

All the important info in the reviews section has been moved down the bottom, so you now need to scroll. Like the game's "genre" - it's all the way down on the right now. The useless stuff is now on the top. All the content panels are now mish mashed with the ad panels.

And it's definitely much slower (at least on Firefox)

I am with AtariKidX - will be looking to go somewhere else. Metacritic is a much more reliable review site nowdays anyway.

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

I'm staying here.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

I'm a huge critic of the fact it is a carbon-copy of giant bomb and that they got rid of unions and UCBs - however in other regards this site is better than the old one and will continue to get better. Look at where we were at launch compared to now. Every day it is getting better and we are seeing more of what a true transition and transcendence this is. As others mentioned, every redesign has come with an initial period of doubt and duress over bugs which have to be ironed out. They listened to us about usernames on the left side and topic navigation and differentiating the stickies; I'm sure they will make it so our names aren't cut off and you can see what topics you've replied in, etc. in good time.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm staying here

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@iowastate: They made GS look like GB, whether this latter site had a more contemporary look than (the former) GS is yet another question. To say Fuse was only temporary, on the other hand, appears inappropriate now that all the "Wall" stuff echoes late Fuse's style. How much time did they spend?--not sufficient, it seems, since while they ripped off GB's design they managed to create functional bugs the proper GB does *not* have--an improvement? Meanwhile, on the alternate site, Jeff Gerstmann is rubbing his hands...

nav_auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nav_auron
Member since 2005 • 15619 Posts

Well, I moved a couple of years ago, though stuck around for the AU board.

kanamaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46  Edited By kanamaks
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts

i really hate the new look and feel , some stuff are missing and some are awkward. i am thinking of switching over to IGN

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts

Giving me a headache at the moment, not on that much.

stev69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 stev69
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts

If I were to sum up the new site in one word it would be "shit".

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts

I heard through the grapevine a mysterious lurking lizard is making a comeback.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Gamespot used to be my go to site for information. Everything was organized, and each system had its own section. Now I can't find anything. Also, I never really went to this site for shows or journalism, because quite frankly, they're not really good at it.