what the worst job you've had??

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeathnoteSz
Member since 2010 • 643 Posts

im not really liking my job all too well right now, i mean i love working with kids dont get me wrong but my boss is a TOTAL BYUTCH, she expects everything to be perfect as soon as she enters the building and if one thing is off she yells at the entire staff, plus shes always playing around with the kids and when the kids get loud she leaves it to us the hard task of calming them down after she just came in there and made them loud, But the worst part of dealing with her are the fake smiles and laughs i always have to pull out my @ss when she says a stupid joke and expects us to laugh. ugh thank god im leaving in 4 weeks. oh and the one of the worst things about this dayum job is that we get paid every 3 weeks. 3 F#KING WEEKS of having to wait to get paid, and when you do get paid your behind on the stuff you have to pay for anyways that the check just gets blown away in a couple of days and then you have to wait another 3 WEEKS for another pay check. oh and not to mention it takes me 2 hours just to get to the place since i have to take the bus, and i dont have a car right now, im not even exaggerating, 2 hours there and then 2 hours back when im done, i have to take 3 busses. if i had a car though, it would only take me about 40 mins, cause my brother has given me rides be4 but he cant do it everytime, but anyways im done ranting. what about the rest of OT? whats the worst job youve had??

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Probably work experience for a civil engineers. Working on a computer from 9-5 was just terrible without being able to listen to music.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Laborer at a concrete tie place.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Box beater
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

Help Desk

Person: "There is something wrong with my computer"

Me: "Have you tried restarting it?"

Person: "No...*waits*...hmm looks like that fixed it!"

Repeat X 100

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

In college I was hired by a telemarketing firm. My job was to call people and convince them to sign up for appointments with financial advisors for complimentary review of their finances. You were expected to obtain a certain amount of leads daily because they had a quota. I used to get all of mine in the first hour and then just mess around. I worked part time but they had these "lifers" who just worked at various telemarketting firms which there are many and they looked like zombies.

The boss used to sit on the other side of my cubicle and try to correct me as I talked to the people. She used to get angry because I didn't follow the script they gave me. I just talked to to the people. Following the script gave them too many opportunities to say no. I'd be on the phone and she'd be yapping in the background to do this and that say this or that. Know how annoying it is when you're talking to someone and someone else is badgering you.

I got sick of the place and would not show up, call in sick and began making up ridiculous excuses to not show up in the hopes they'd fire me.

DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DeathnoteSz

In college I was hired by a telemarketing firm. My job was to call people and convince them to sign up for appointments with financial advisors for complimentary review of their finances. You were expected to obtain a certain amount of leads daily because they had a quota. I used to get all of mine in the first hour and then just mess around. I worked part time but they had these "lifers" who just worked at various telemarketting firms which there are many and they looked like zombies.

The boss used to sit on the other side of my cubicle and try to correct me as I talked to the people. She used to get angry because I didn't follow the script they gave me. I just talked to to the people. Following the script gave them too many opportunities to say no. I'd be on the phone and she'd be yapping in the background to do this and that say this or that. Know how annoying it is when you're talking to someone and someone else is badgering you.

I got sick of the place and would not show up, call in sick and began making up ridiculous excuses to not show up in the hopes they'd fire me.

Skarwolf
lol did they finally fire you?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Help Desk

Person: "There is something wrong with my computer"

Me: "Have you tried restarting it?"

Person: "No...*waits*...hmm looks like that fixed it!"

Repeat X 100

CycleOfViolence
lol
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k2theswiss

back when i was 16 some food joint in a amusement park.... wasn't them it was me :) lol long ass way to/from work, idiots that i attempt to avoid, once you been there 10hrs a day you don't even want use the benefit of riding rides for free. idiot supervisor of the food jointed came in one night started b**** at people something stupid and laughing at him he said something smart like who he is bla bla bla, told him i could care less walked away.

I hated that place so much. i quit going after working 2 weeks. My mother was mad at me but owell... They kept calling my house for like 4 weeks trying get me come back. Guess they needed ppl but i didn't care what they need

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Video Game tester... Worst. Job. Ever.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]Video Game tester... Worst. Job. Ever.

lol ya i can only imagine the fun of playing unpolished, buggy, and the mass repeating of something lol
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeathnoteSz
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]Video Game tester... Worst. Job. Ever.

how? explain, cuz i always thought those kind of jobs were too good to be true honestly
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]Video Game tester... Worst. Job. Ever.DeathnoteSz
how? explain, cuz i always thought those kind of jobs were too good to be true honestly

The company I worked for was a 3rd Party Video Game testing company. We had games like Terminator Salvation, Rogue Warrior, Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Disneys Fairy MMO, Tales of Desperaux... among many other bad games...

Testing consisted of looking at a checklist and going over it per level. Sometimes requiring replaying the same level ,or spot, over and over and over. Once you found a bug, you had to try to recreate it, then submit it to the Devs. (Sometimes the funnest parts of the games were cut cause the Devs couldn't fix it... namely the Harvester section in Terminator Salvation, where you would have to fight against in, running through buildings, getting captured, shooting nearby gas trucks to make it flinch so you'd escape... All those cool part, removed, cause they couldn't fix the numerous problems with it. Crashes, unsynced animation, models not loading, etc....

This is of course IF the build that was given to you was in a working state. Half the time the games crash. Unfinished content that would not let the tester finish the level or whatever. Rinse and repeat over and over and over all day long... It becomes very tedious and boring and dreadful.

THE ONLY up-side of being a Video Game tester, is the insanely hilarious bugs you sometimes encounter. The most noteable one was in Tales of Desperaux... I wanted to see what would happen if you set the game settings to low (I was on PC)... The games UI started using Wii icons, full of mis-matching buttons, graphics issues and best of all... Every model in the game became John Carpenter's The Thing. It was hilarious and creepy at the same time.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts

One summer way back when I babysat two toddlers and an infant 5 days a week. The infant was fine, the toddlers...:shock:

I love kids, but too much is just too much.

DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeathnoteSz

One summer way back when I babysat two toddlers and an infant 5 days a week. The infant was fine, the toddlers...:shock:

br0kenrabbit
I understand what you mean man, especially the hard headed kids that you feel like smacking upside the head but you cant cause you'd probably get sued, im going through that man, and wow do i hate some of the kids who wont listen at all. but i still want a degree in child psychology lol
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I was a fry cook for five years. By that I mean french fries. I just say fry cook because it at least makes you think of a variety of fried foods, but unless you count onion rings there was no variety.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CHOASXIII

I was a fry cook for five years. By that I mean french fries. I just say fry cook because it at least makes you think of a variety of fried foods, but unless you count onion rings there was no variety.

Serraph105

Eh that sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I worked at McDonald's for a summer.

DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DeathnoteSz

Serraph105
LMFAOOO 5 years?? wow.
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeathnoteSz

I worked at McDonald's for a summer.

sonicare
mcdonalds aint so bad.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

DeathnoteSz

I understand what you mean man, especially the hard headed kids that you feel like smacking upside the head but you cant cause you'd probably get sued, im going through that man, and wow do i hate some of the kids who wont listen at all. but i still want a degree in child psychology lol

I never wanted to hit any of them, but they definately ran me ragged. It's the screaming that got to me, because when one toddler started screaming, the other would as well, and then the baby would start crying.

And the poop. Infant poop is fine, but toddler poop may as well be man poop. And when you potty train them and they get up off the toilet with poop hanging out their hole while you're running another kid down because you just saw him run through the hall with the cat in a headlock...

...okay, I'd love to have kids someday, but one at a time, please. Get one out of diapers before you have another, thanks.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
worked in a korean fruit market before school started work at like 4:45am the owners had no intention of speaking to me in english started stealing chocolate milks erryday eventually told them to fvck themselves because i was going to school tired and dirty and they were cutting me money
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CHOASXIII

worked in a korean fruit market before school started work at like 4:45am the owners had no intention of speaking to me in english started stealing chocolate milks erryday eventually told them to fvck themselves because i was going to school tired and dirty and they were cutting me moneycheese_game619

Well isn't that nice.

DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeathnoteSz
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]worked in a korean fruit market before school started work at like 4:45am the owners had no intention of speaking to me in english started stealing chocolate milks erryday eventually told them to fvck themselves because i was going to school tired and dirty and they were cutting me money

dooood how did you expect to function properly waking up at 4am? b4 school none the less
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DeathnoteSz

[QUOTE="DeathnoteSz"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

I never wanted to hit any of them, but they definately ran me ragged. It's the screaming that got to me, because when one toddler started screaming, the other would as well, and then the baby would start crying.

And the poop. Infant poop is fine, but toddler poop may as well be man poop. And when you potty train them and they get up off the toilet with poop hanging out their hole while you're running another kid down because you just saw him run through the hall with the cat in a headlock...

...okay, I'd love to have kids someday, but one at a time, please. Get one out of diapers before you have another, thanks.

true but then again i have to keep up with like 20 kids at the rec center i work at, although i do get help
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 br0kenrabbit

true but then again i have to keep up with like 20 kids at the rec center i work at, although i do get helpDeathnoteSz

Well, it was just me, in someone elses house with their kids 9 hours a day 5 days a week for two-and-a-half months. The two toddlers were twins (identical, not fraternal) and that just confused matters even more. "I thought I just saw you over there...wait...right."

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Burgers at Burger King ...
Grandotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Grandotaku
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

Mcdonalds...that place drains you.

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
Fry cook for a local place. Smelled like fries constantly.
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DeathnoteSz

[QUOTE="DeathnoteSz"]true but then again i have to keep up with like 20 kids at the rec center i work at, although i do get helpbr0kenrabbit

Well, it was just me, in someone elses house with their kids 9 hours a day 5 days a week for two-and-a-half months. The two toddlers were twins (identical, not fraternal) and that just confused matters even more. "I thought I just saw you over there...wait...right."

yeah i can understand that lol, how much did you get paid?
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DeathnoteSz
Fry cook for a local place. Smelled like fries constantly.The_Zoid
is that a bad thing....? =>
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="DeathnoteSz"]true but then again i have to keep up with like 20 kids at the rec center i work at, although i do get helpDeathnoteSz

yeah i can understand that lol, how much did you get paid?

$150 a week. For a 14-year-old in the late 80's that was a lot of money where I come from.

So I spent almost all of it on video games.:D

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Zoid"]Fry cook for a local place. Smelled like fries constantly.DeathnoteSz
is that a bad thing....? =>

Yep and the oil gets in your hair and all. Pretty gross job
miriPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 miriPlays
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

Serraph105
Makes me think of SpongeBob...
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Caddy. That job should not exist.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

worked as customer support at best buy

if it doesnt work we can refund it or get another one.

instead they stand there don't care and just want to scream at the top of there lungs

eventually had enough and some dude was screaming at me i told him to blow his brains out. got fired.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Door to door scam artist for local vacuum sales company. I came to the door and gave a 'survey', took your personal information and you got harassed over the phone. Got $3 for each stub of information I took. Left quickly, because I didn't think it was worth the work or the people on my concence. Now with McDonalds for the last year and a bit...it's a job, but its convenient and they treat me well. In no rush to leave.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Working an county office job for the local trash pickup. The vast majority of what I did was deal with complaints and type payments into the computer. The job itself was not intensive or energy draining but I was constantly having to deal with angry people and legal matters.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Over the phone technical and customer support for a company that makes TV's, DVD Players, and whatknot for stores like Wal-Mart. :cry:

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
Delivering drywall.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Customer service for an unnamed cell phone company. The customers sucked, but that wasn't the real problem. Every once in a while I'd get extremely angry people trying to harrass and threaten me over some matter. Which sort of shook me up the first ten times, and after that it was just routine. At best it'd actually be hilarious, because some of those angry customers were comedy gold. And then at the best of times there were people who had real problems and I'd be able to help them out. Sometimes some nice old lady would call about some problem that really was worrying her, and I'd help her out and that'd just totally make her day. Those calls were great. But usually, as far as interactions with the customers went, it was just a job. Sometimes it sort of sucked, sometimes it felt good, but 90% of the time I was just completely infifferent to it. What made the job really SUCK was how we got treated by the higher-ups. We had like, quotas enacted which effectively prohibited us from doing our jobs, and then we'd get punished or reprimanded for not helping the customers enough. Alternatively, help the customer while stepping out of line on the quotas, and we'd get reprimanded for not falling in line with the numbers. And then there was the thing about how most of the time, if a person called about a problem, there's a 70% chance I wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway since I wasn't in tech or management. So then I'd try to get the caller over to tech or management, at which point the tech guys and managers actually had the authority to flat-out refuse to accept transfers from CSRs. Which obviously left the customer completely ****ed. They'd then get pissed off at me, and should they make a complaint, any reprimands or punishments fell to the people at my level even though we had absolutely no control over the situation whatsoever. Also, the pay sucked. I can handle customers treating me like ****. But if my employers are going to treat me like ****, then I at least expect some decent pay out of it.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Farmhanding. I broke 3 of my ribs last year when a hay bale fell on me.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
Most everything I did through a temp agency. Too long ago to remember all of them and the details.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

Worked as what was essentially a janitor at Target. They made me clean the toilets every 30 minutes to an hour, so throughout the day I'd be wiping **** off the walls (LITERALLY WTF DO PEOPLE DO IN THOSE BATHROOMS LOL) , cleaning piss off the ground, wiping boogers off the sink, etc......then when done with that I usually had to go heavy lifting in the back department. Quit after three weeks, without giving a two week notice.

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

Mcdonalds...that place drains you.

Grandotaku
Can you tell me why please cause right now im considering working there as i go to school.
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts
I worked at McD's, quit after a year in the middle of a shift. It was a hot Summer day, around 40 degrees celsius and I was working on our weekly shipment. Every week we would receive shipments weighing several hundred kilograms(the meat alone was around 300kg) and after busting my ass on that shipment for over two hours, I decided to hydrate and the store manager who was a world class cvnt started yelling at me "why are you drinking when you should be working?!". I looked at her, nodded my head then went and got my things and left her there. Anyone who yells at you for taking care of yourself on a hot day isn't worth your time.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I worked at Wafflehouse for a day...

tumbIew33d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tumbIew33d
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

I was stood for eight hours a day, in a glasshouse, in mid summer, Poking a finger into soil, counting out 5 seeds and throwing them in. Repeat ad infinitum. To top it off, the containers were made from a particularly squeaky form of polystyrene that used to set my hair on end.

"Soul destroying" doesn't come close.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#49 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I used to work for this company in their warehouse, unloading trucks, loading trucks, doing heavy work. They would take advantage of the fact that I'm big and can lift heavy sh!t. I got tired and never went back.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#50 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

[QUOTE="Skarwolf"]

DeathnoteSz

lol did they finally fire you?

I just stopped showing up and never called them back. I told them to mail me my last cheque which they did that was it.