want good advice to get a gf?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masinai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Masinai
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

THEN ASK GIRLS!!! We know everything on how to make a girl tick. Because we are girls. so ask one of us, we like sweetness and honesty. So don't get advice from other boys...nomatter IF they got 24 gfs in a week. This is just some good advice. I have seen many of these problems. So ask me or any other girl on Gamespot. well give good advice to make you a good bf. :D

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
Yes, please tell me more if you will.:)
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Not what i was expecting on this thread. I thought it was going to be one of those 12 year old boys giving advice and i thought i would come enjoy some laughs. While asking girls is a good idea its also good to ask older guys. I laugh when people come to this site for girl advice because so many of the users are young. I always try to give advice when needed, my friends always called me HITCH, like the will smith movie, because i am good at helping guys get the gf they want but not so good with the girls myself when it comes to relationships. But yea im good for advice to if needed.
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts
I dont need advice. Im pro.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
worst.advice.ever
bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts

how to get a girl...

look good

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

The only girl I was sweet to thought I was gay since I was sweet.

I don't think that works too well.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~What gets you girls turned on?... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a whore but it's the only question I can think of.:( And btw, if a guy got 26 gfs in one week then that means he broke up with at least 25 girls in one week. I wouldn't be taking advice from him at all.:?~-~
Avatar image for USmellLikePoopy
USmellLikePoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 USmellLikePoopy
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

how to get a girl...

look good

bradleybhoy
BDM666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BDM666
Member since 2006 • 7922 Posts

This forum isn't dedicated to relationship advice, hardly anyone here is looking for tips... oh, wait...

Either way, if I wanted advice, I wouldn't be asking some random person on the internet who claims to be female and thinks she's the know-all about such things.

zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zeldafan00013

~-~What gets you girls turned on?... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a whore but it's the only question I can think of.:( And btw, if a guy got 26 gfs in one week then that means he broke up with at least 25 girls in one week. I wouldn't be taking advice from him at all.:?~-~The_PirateKing

Many girls like jerks at first becuase they think they can change them. If you know how to act like a jerk and let her change you it may work. Its hard being a jerk to a girl you like though, i failed at it cause im just to nice, naturally a nice guy. but girls def. go for that. At least at my age they do. I'm in college if you wondering, not some little punk.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

good advice ill need to use it :)

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
asking is just my problem most of the time..im too shy to ask
lompocus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lompocus
Member since 2005 • 843 Posts

smack her on the ***

XD!

Edit* my avatar has nothing to do with my post...

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~What gets you girls turned on?... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a whore but it's the only question I can think of.:( And btw, if a guy got 26 gfs in one week then that means he broke up with at least 25 girls in one week. I wouldn't be taking advice from him at all.:?~-~zeldafan00013

Many girls like jerks at first becuase they think they can change them. If you know how to act like a jerk and let her change you it may work. Its hard being a jerk to a girl you like though, i failed at it cause im just to nice, naturally a nice guy. but girls def. go for that. At least at my age they do. I'm in college if you wondering, not some little punk.

so true.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~What gets you girls turned on?... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a whore but it's the only question I can think of.:( And btw, if a guy got 26 gfs in one week then that means he broke up with at least 25 girls in one week. I wouldn't be taking advice from him at all.:?~-~zeldafan00013

I am already a jerk, but I consider myself more of an ****:D

zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeldafan00013
[QUOTE="zeldafan00013"]

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~What gets you girls turned on?... I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a whore but it's the only question I can think of.:( And btw, if a guy got 26 gfs in one week then that means he broke up with at least 25 girls in one week. I wouldn't be taking advice from him at all.:?~-~blooddemon666

so true.

but do know a girl will never admit to liking jerks or bad boys, she will act as though she hates that type of guy only to fall for the first one she comes across that treats her right, or should i say wrong. lol. curious what Topic creator thinks of that advice.

Devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Devosion
Member since 2004 • 6024 Posts
Get advice from a girl if you want to cater to your woman. Get advice from a man if you want your woman to cater to you.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

THEN ASK GIRLS!!! We know everything on how to make a girl tick. Because we are girls. so ask one of us, we like sweetness and honesty. So don't get advice from other boys...nomatter IF they got 24 gfs in a week. This is just some good advice. I have seen many of these problems. So ask me or any other girl on Gamespot. well give good advice to make you a good bf. :D

Masinai

Can you tell me how to get a GOOD girlfriend?

Because I've encountered plenty of girlfriends who were just awful.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

I was thinking about going out into bar or something, oh well, asking them at first sight seems to be working huh...?

Sincerely, I would never go out with someone asking me at first sight... never...

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer

Get advice from a girl if you want to cater to your woman. Get advice from a man if you want your woman to cater to you.Devosion

Who do I get advice from if I don't want either of us to cater to the other (or similarly, if I want each of us to fairly cater to the other)?

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

hmmm, i'm not sure I'd be asking anything that had to do with getting people to like me to someone who decides that there first day on the forums would be a good time to start a thread asking others to join in on rating their peers on the boards.

Seems kind of counter productive. And before this sounds to mean, I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. You really may be a really nice person and I'm just dumb for not seeing it. :)

Devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Devosion
Member since 2004 • 6024 Posts

[QUOTE="Devosion"]Get advice from a girl if you want to cater to your woman. Get advice from a man if you want your woman to cater to you.MrGeezer

Who do I get advice from if I don't want either of us to cater to the other (or similarly, if I want each of us to fairly cater to the other)?

Obviously both then.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="Devosion"]Get advice from a girl if you want to cater to your woman. Get advice from a man if you want your woman to cater to you.Devosion

Obviously both then.

BRILLIANT!
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_PirateKing

~-~Thanks, but no. I'm aware of all that and I'm only going to approach it my way. There could be many reasons why a girl would want to date a jerk, and different reasons mean different ways you have to give them what they really want. I'll never just flat out be a jerk to a girl, if she wants that then she doesn't want me. And when I said turns them on, I didn't mean attracts them. I mean if I had a gf and I wanted to get her in the mood then... Aw forget it, I'm not going to listen to anything here anyways.~-~
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_PirateKing

[QUOTE="Devosion"]Get advice from a girl if you want to cater to your woman. Get advice from a man if you want your woman to cater to you.MrGeezer

~-~Look for someone who has the same wants/needs as you. That really sums everything up. If they have the same wants as you then they've thought out what they want and can tell you what they figured out. Like I may be a guy, but in no way could I tell you how to get you gf to only cater to you, cuz that's not what I want, so that's not what I've been thinking about.~-~ ~-~Edit: Oops, double post. Who would of known that I could post twice this fast in a thread like this.:P~-~
muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

The only girl I was sweet to thought I was gay since I was sweet.

I don't think that works too well.

WildLIkeChild

lol... you poor thing.... so it came as a shock to her when you "came out of your shell"?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

And when I said turns them on, I didn't mean attracts them. I mean if I had a gf and I wanted to get her in the mood then... Aw forget it, I'm not going to listen to anything here anyways.~-~The_PirateKing

Really though... french butler outfit, gets them every time.

xtn702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xtn702
Member since 2007 • 4203 Posts
the problem with society now is that a majority of the girls prefer Men with good looks,not good personality.
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

In the immortal words of Johnny Bravo:

Everything works if you're good looking; nothing works if you're not :lol:

P.S. To the guy who said that the problem is girls go for looks these days, not personality...come on, admit it, you too would only approach a girl if you thought she was cute.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

P.S. To the guy who said that the problem is girls go for looks these days, not personality...come on, admit it, you too would only approach a girl if you thought she was cute.

Blaze787

Yes, but I'd only date a girl who had a good personality. You don't always have to 'approach' females.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Approaching them is a good start. Talking is also good too.
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
[QUOTE="Blaze787"]

guynamedbilly

Yes, but I'd only date a girl who had a good personality. You don't always have to 'approach' females.

Ofcourse, any girl would also prefer it if their guy had good looks AND a good personality. My point was to the guy who said girls go for looks these days, not personality. I hear this statement from guys way too much. Fact is, guys do the same thing.

Avatar image for JohnnytheFuture
JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JohnnytheFuture
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
You could always just watch Sex and the City, that's like a woman's video bible. Take notes. 
lompocus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lompocus

the problem with society now is that a majority of the girls prefer Men with good looks,not good personality.xtn702

considered the possibility you have neither?

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts

Just remember this sad truth. Chivalry is dead. Women don't want the noble man who is willing prove his love by trial of combat. You know, the guy who writes sonnets declaring his true love and who's love is humiliating, exalting, and transcendent. At one point in time, chivalry was probably one of the most manly things you could have but you have to realize that women want a guy who wil treat her like total crap. They say they want the a guy who will love and care for her, but really it's the complete opposite.

As soon as a woman realizes you are attracted to her, you've pretty much already lost. What'll end up happening is she will get with the a-hole with the muscle shirt and tribal tattoo and then complain to you about it everyday on the phone because the guy treats her like utter crap. Meanwhile, you're the one who comforts her and consoles her. Don't kid yourself though, she'll keep going back to that jerk who will never open a door for her and will make her walk on the outside of the sidewalk and you'll always be her guy friend.

Basically one of the worst things you can do is declare your unbridled love to the woman you want. She says she wants a knight in shining armor, but chivalry is pretty much out the window.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_PirateKing

Just remember this sad truth. Chivalry is dead. Women don't want the noble man who is willing prove his love by trial of combat. You know, the guy who writes sonnets declaring his true love and who's love is humiliating, exalting, and transcendent. At one point in time, chivalry was probably one of the most manly things you could have but you have to realize that women want a guy who wil treat her like total crap. They say they want the a guy who will love and care for her, but really it's the complete opposite.

Headbanger88
~-~You know, I'm getting sick of this "girls like jerks" crap. Just because it's true in some situations it doesn't mean it's true for every girl. And here's a thought, if girls like jerks, does that mean you have to be a jerk to them or can you just be a jerk to everyone else. Does being pissed about things and showing it make you seam like a jerk? Not only is the girl part about that a generalization, but so is the jerk part. There are different kinds of jerks. You can't just sum things up like that. Life isn't that simple. Although I do agree that writing songs telling her how much you love her is not the best idea.~-~
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

asking a girl out, really only works in bulk, depending on your approach you'll get anywhere from 5-25% chance of getting a girl this way.

As far as looks go, they don't really matter. The most wanted guy in my high school was one ugly ass mofo, but he was well liked, and had good social status (captain of the football/basketball team). Through college I personally knew several ugly guys who never had a problem getting a GF.

What women look for in a man.

Social status - Money, and power have always been 2 things women like in men.

Popular - you don't have to be in the "popular" crowd, but you need lots of friends and connections.

Fun - women want a guy who goes out, is social, vactions, out going, tells jokes, basically a guy that makes sure she's entertained.

clean - now some girls do like a bit of a grungy look, but a majority of them want a guy who smells, looks, tastes clean.

confidence - highly overrated, but still important, and I should say you just need to be functionally confident (ie not self hating or overly pessimistic).

if you can convince a women you are 4/5 of these things then she'll most likely date you.

Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
Approaching them is a good start. Talking is also good too.foxhound_fox

Yes, yes and LISTENING is also a key point. You see, they tell me that I "actually listen unlike most people and thats good". I suggest listening?
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
[QUOTE="Headbanger88"]

The_PirateKing

~-~You know, I'm getting sick of this "girls like jerks" crap. Just because it's true in some situations it doesn't mean it's true for every girl. And here's a thought, if girls like jerks, does that mean you have to be a jerk to them or can you just be a jerk to everyone else. Does being pissed about things and showing it make you seam like a jerk? Not only is the girl part about that a generalization, but so is the jerk part. There are different kinds of jerks. You can't just sum things up like that. Life isn't that simple. Although I do agree that writing songs telling her how much you love her is not the best idea.~-~

Well, I'm in more rant mode than advice. It's not true for all girls, but I see this crap all the time, especially in younger women. I'm sure this has happened in one way or another for a lot of nice guys and it does piss me off. I didn't want to sound misogynistic, and I don't actually condone it which is part of the reason it pisses me off. I'm just not a jerk, and I've always been the nice guy and it seems to put a lot of women off.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hoop_hard

As soon as a woman realizes you are attracted to her, you've pretty much already lost. What'll end up happening is she will get with the a-hole with the muscle shirt and tribal tattoo and then complain to you about it everyday on the phone because the guy treats her like utter crap. Meanwhile, you're the one who comforts her and consoles her. Don't kid yourself though, she'll keep going back to that jerk who will never open a door for her and will make her walk on the outside of the sidewalk and you'll always be her guy friend.

Basically one of the worst things you can do is declare your unbridled love to the woman you want. She says she wants a knight in shining armor, but chivalry is pretty much out the window.

Headbanger88
Talk about crap. I do agree that some women are like that but that is a small minority of women. Others like it when there the one who treats the guy like crap and others like the romantic & caring for each other crap. Whatever works for you. Chivalry is dead but respect & caring for a women is still here. You got to respect her and show her you care about her. You just set up a stupid situation that makes no sense. Your encouraging guys to treat women like crap. You need to show her you love her, you need to open the doors and stuff like that cause they like it. A lot of girls like guys who are funny and some only care about the body. Some care about both and want a good ratio of Personality and Looks for them to like you. Most girls dont like to ask guys out so you GUYS have to step up and ask the girl out. They will drop hints, so check for those. But yea what ur saying is crap.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_PirateKing
Talk about crap. I do agree that some women are like that but that is a small minority of women. Others like it when there the one who treats the guy like crap and others like the romantic & caring for each other crap. Whatever works for you. Chivalry is dead but respect & caring for a women is still here. You got to respect her and show her you care about her. You just set up a stupid situation that makes no sense. Your encouraging guys to treat women like crap. You need to show her you love her, you need to open the doors and stuff like that cause they like it. A lot of girls like guys who are funny and some only care about the body. Some care about both and want a good ratio of Personality and Looks for them to like you. Most girls dont like to ask guys out so you GUYS have to step up and ask the girl out. They will drop hints, so check for those. But yea what ur saying is crap. hoop_hard
~-~You're too late, I already beat you to the anti chick generalization crap.:P~-~
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts

Not what i was expecting on this thread. I thought it was going to be one of those 12 year old boys giving advice and i thought i would come enjoy some laughs. zeldafan00013
Lol Mr. Sams

ANyway asking a girl doesn't always work becuase they tend to gossip to much

lompocus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lompocus
[QUOTE="Headbanger88"]

hoop_hard

Talk about crap. I do agree that some women are like that but that is a small minority of women. Others like it when there the one who treats the guy like crap and others like the romantic & caring for each other crap. Whatever works for you. Chivalry is dead but respect & caring for a women is still here. You got to respect her and show her you care about her. You just set up a stupid situation that makes no sense. Your encouraging guys to treat women like crap. You need to show her you love her, you need to open the doors and stuff like that cause they like it. A lot of girls like guys who are funny and some only care about the body. Some care about both and want a good ratio of Personality and Looks for them to like you. Most girls dont like to ask guys out so you GUYS have to step up and ask the girl out. They will drop hints, so check for those. But yea what ur saying is crap.

@headbanger: rofl, chivaly is the #1 thing over in my ex-homecountry of Mexico (I'm 1st gen american). It's not exactly *** on first sight.

Avatar image for guitargoddess17
guitargoddess17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 guitargoddess17
Member since 2007 • 1333 Posts

:roll:

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

asking a girl out, really only works in bulk, depending on your approach you'll get anywhere from 5-25% chance of getting a girl this way.

As far as looks go, they don't really matter. The most wanted guy in my high school was one ugly ass mofo, but he was well liked, and had good social status (captain of the football/basketball team). Through college I personally knew several ugly guys who never had a problem getting a GF.

What women look for in a man.

Social status - Money, and power have always been 2 things women like in men.

Popular - you don't have to be in the "popular" crowd, but you need lots of friends and connections.

Fun - women want a guy who goes out, is social, vactions, out going, tells jokes, basically a guy that makes sure she's entertained.

clean - now some girls do like a bit of a grungy look, but a majority of them want a guy who smells, looks, tastes clean.

confidence - highly overrated, but still important, and I should say you just need to be functionally confident (ie not self hating or overly pessimistic).

if you can convince a women you are 4/5 of these things then she'll most likely date you.

jrhawk42
so thats why im still alone :x
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_PirateKing

guitargoddess17
~-~Hey, you're a girl. How do you feel about so many guys trying to make one simple generalization to describe your entire gender? (Or is that what this post meant.)~-~
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hoop_hard

guitargoddess17
see, even the girl is offended.