University Sponsors Campaign to Undermine 'White Privilege'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 GOLIABOMB
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

"I don't seem to understand"

You're speaking of hate breeding towards blacks through generations of white guys, yet you never mentioned hate breeding towards whites through generations of black guys.

You're trying to argue about how bad it is to be on one side of the coin but never make mention of the other side.

That's racist, period.

If you don't "appreciate calling you as such" then you should widen your argument's scope.

LJS9502_basic
Why do I have to represent two sides of the coin when you are arguing agisnt the side of the coin im defending? That's complete bias. Speaking the truth of how racism spreads doesn't make me racist. The discussion is completely on what I was talking about. You keep trying to bring more arguments into the original argument. Stick to what you speak my friend.

Racism spreads because people look for it.

Wow you really are retarded. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] You're generalizing a race of people and painting them all the same color. That's racism.

I never once did. You keep lumping my posts together with what you THINK i'm saying. Read what I am typing. I said the RACIST people during that time are the ones keeping racism alive. I never lumped all of white people into one category, not to mention the fact that you would even think I would lump white people in one categor like that is hard proof of your own bias. You seem to think since i'm black i'm angry or something at white people. No, it's quite the opposite i could care less, its like a good friend of mine said, they can call me all the slurs hey want, but they still haven't said it in my face for a reason. Closet racist are on the rise, and at the same time racism itself is slowly fading.

Hmm didn't even know you were black. Not sure how announcing it and claiming that i knew and am simply making racist assumptions is helping your defense... but alright? If no-one's called you a slur to your face, how is it you know they even call you them? It seems you've got this victim mentality, and you're turning around and attacking white people for it. FYI: Despite what you may believe, whites are not secretly breeding an army of racists.

What racist assumptions did I make? Do you know what racism is? You still didnt pull ONE example of me lumping all white people in the same category? I never once did that, so I inherently defeated your biased arguement.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

Another thing that pisses me off (it's in a lot of textbooks and articles):

African American

Asian American

Native American

Hispanic/Latino

and then...

White?

If political correctness is the country's national religion, then start calling us European Americans.

Jesus.

DaJuicyMan
My biggest pet peeve. Black Asian Hispanic/Latino White That's how I think it should be. All that "African-American" sh*t gets under my skin.

I usually say "white", "black", "Hispanic", and "Asian", as well, but seeing my peeve in textbooks and articles so much makes me want to facedesk 63 times in a row.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Marth6781"] Are you that dense? 2-3 generations directly leads up to everyone that is in their 20's-30's right now. Those people are alive and well my friend. Any child growing up during those times that had their parents teach them those things will inherently pass that on to thier kids. Some realize such and direct their children towards tolerance, but to say that the people whom directly influcend such events aren't alive and kicking(baby boomer generation) is asinine.Marth6781
Bull. You're looking for an excuse. Any child growing up? So minority parents taught their children to be racist? In point of fact the 2-3 generations you talk about would have been those that wanted to civil rights. In point of fact many white people stood for that. In point of fact the laws that were passed were passed by white people. So stop whining about the past and do something to change the future. Dwelling on the past basically breeds racism. And you have the audacity to tell me you're not racist? Is this a YLYL thread? Cause I just lost.....

Once again what I am saying is going completely over your head. Read my damn post again. All your doing is taking statements and trying to pull any hint of racism that i may have out. I have not done the same towards you, so why would you do such? When you commetned on any child growing up in my earlier post i directly typed up that many parents during that time realized the bad and made sure that they did not spread racism. So why are you so bent up on attacking me personally and not my arguements.

I did read your statement. And the chronology was off. And frankly you're all over the map with your statements. The only thing I get for sure from your statements was that you generalize and demonize white people. Sure you try to play it off but it's there in the intent and the underlying meaning of your words. Period. You can deny all you want....but ask yourself this....why do your posts give several individuals the idea that you're racist? It has to come from your words.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Marth6781
[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Marth6781"] Why do I have to represent two sides of the coin when you are arguing agisnt the side of the coin im defending? That's complete bias. Speaking the truth of how racism spreads doesn't make me racist. The discussion is completely on what I was talking about. You keep trying to bring more arguments into the original argument. Stick to what you speak my friend.

Wow you really are retarded. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.

Pretty much, they seem to think that because people aren't dense and see the world for what it is that they themselves are racist. The 1960's and 70's were not long ago. My parents were born duing that time period.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Marth6781"] Hmm didn't even know you were black. Not sure how announcing it and claiming that i knew and am simply making racist assumptions is helping your defense... but alright? If no-one's called you a slur to your face, how is it you know they even call you them? It seems you've got this victim mentality, and you're turning around and attacking white people for it. FYI: Despite what you may believe, whites are not secretly breeding an army of racists.

What racist assumptions did I make? Do you know what racism is? You still didnt pull ONE example of me lumping all white people in the same category? I never once did that, so I inherently defeated your biased arguement.

You seem to think since i'm black i'm angry or something at white people.Marth6781
Hmm, i dont think that at all. Again, why must you continually accuse people of generalizing your race? I did no such thing, yet you're saying because i'm white, i must generalize blacks? No wonder you're seeing racism in everything, you WANT to see racism.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

When you can get a job over someone who is more qualified than you JUST BECAUSE you're a minority, that's a privilege and it's unfair.

airshocker

Yeah, but hiring under-qualified minorities over qualified whites is not the answer...that's discrimination. gamerguru100

And when you can't get a job over someone who is less qualified than you simply because you are applying to a job that seemingly only hire white people (or like just someone of a more specific ethnicity, irsh, jewish, etc), then thats unfair too.

AA has its share of problems, and its not likely the solution to the problem. But that doesn't undermine what i said: You may as well complain about poor people being lucky because they have charities.

And yet what those programs do is create legal discrimination against a majority.LJS9502_basic

No it doesn't. It forces larger companies to diversify. But is diversity for the sake of diversity a good thing? Probably not. But its not "legal discrimination."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 LJS9502_basic

. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.GOLIABOMB
I don't think anyone is saying racism is dead in this thread. However, it's not a societal movement and in fact society has placed laws to protect against discrimination. But what is NOT being said in this thread is that minorities can be racist as well. And are. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. Anything that is even perceived as racist that a white person might say there is a huge out cry. Yet minorities get a free pass.

The ONLY way to end racism is to treat everyone the same. Period.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 XaosII

I usually say "white", "black", "Hispanic", and "Asian", as well, but seeing my peeve in textbooks and articles so much makes me want to facedesk 63 times in a row. gamerguru100

Getting so worked up over fairly meaningless semantics is probably something you should fix.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No. As a society as I stated in the post you couldn't comprehend.....there is more social integration than ever. So if you want an answer as society as a whole the answer is no. Otherwise we would not have the laws we do. Individuals exist in any and ALL groups that harbor racist thoughts. But as for society...no. And believing that is merely an excuse for the individuals doing so.Nibroc420

there's a reason minorities are called minorities, even though they sometimes make up the majority of the population. that in instelf should be an indication that whites are NOT equally socially stigmitized as other racial groups in the usa. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

There are a multitude of laws in effect that force society to treat minorities better than whites. and those should not exist, i'm not arguing that they should; i'm arguing that minorites are socially stigmatized more than whites in the usaThey have a better chance of scholarships, university acceptance, finding a job. Their lives are easier than any white person in the same social class.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Marth6781"] Why do I have to represent two sides of the coin when you are arguing agisnt the side of the coin im defending? That's complete bias. Speaking the truth of how racism spreads doesn't make me racist. The discussion is completely on what I was talking about. You keep trying to bring more arguments into the original argument. Stick to what you speak my friend.

Can you blame him though? When you see injustice being committed against your race and nothing is being done about it, it is eventually gonna eat you up. I personally don't hate nonwhites even though I see injustice against whites. If anything, I despise white people with white guilt since they are mostly the cause of anti-white racism in general.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And yet what those programs do is create legal discrimination against a majority.XaosII

No it doesn't. It forces larger companies to diversify. But is diversity for the sake of diversity a good thing? Probably not. But its not "legal discrimination."

No it forces companies to hire a minority whether they are the better qualified. That is discrimination against a majority person with better qualifications. It IS legal discrimination.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] I usually say "white", "black", "Hispanic", and "Asian", as well, but seeing my peeve in textbooks and articles so much makes me want to facedesk 63 times in a row. XaosII

Getting so worked up over fairly meaningless semantics is probably something you should fix.

I didn't mean it literally, dude. I'd get a damn concussion.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

And when you can't get a job over someone who is less qualified than you simply because you are applying to a job that seemingly only hire white people (or like just someone of a more specific ethnicity, irsh, jewish, etc), then thats unfair too.

AA has its share of problems, and its not likely the solution to the problem. But that doesn't undermine what i said: You may as well complain about poor people being lucky because they have charities.

XaosII

An analogy with charity is deeply flawed and you should know that.

GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 GOLIABOMB
So let me get this straight guys. When my father said he'd disown me for dating a black woman, that's not racist? CASE CLOSED GUYS! YOU SPOOKS HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! IT'S ALL FABRICATED LIKE THE MOON LANDING AND THE ERADICATION OF SMALL POX!
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Racism spreads because people look for it.gamerguru100

Can you blame him though? When you see injustice being committed against your race and nothing is being done about it, it is eventually gonna eat you up. I personally don't hate nonwhites even though I see injustice against whites. If anything, I despise white people with white guilt since they are mostly the cause of anti-white racism in general.

Oh, come on.
GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GOLIABOMB

[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"]. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.LJS9502_basic

I don't think anyone is saying racism is dead in this thread. However, it's not a societal movement and in fact society has placed laws to protect against discrimination. But what is NOT being said in this thread is that minorities can be racist as well. And are. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. Anything that is even perceived as racist that a white person might say there is a huge out cry. Yet minorities get a free pass.

Yeah that's not going to happen.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 LJS9502_basic

So let me get this straight guys. When my father said he'd disown me for dating a black woman, that's not racist? !GOLIABOMB
Anecdotal evidence is not conclusive of society as a whole. FYI...racist terms don't make you right......

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Marth6781

[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Bull. You're looking for an excuse. Any child growing up? So minority parents taught their children to be racist? In point of fact the 2-3 generations you talk about would have been those that wanted to civil rights. In point of fact many white people stood for that. In point of fact the laws that were passed were passed by white people. So stop whining about the past and do something to change the future. Dwelling on the past basically breeds racism. And you have the audacity to tell me you're not racist? Is this a YLYL thread? Cause I just lost.....LJS9502_basic

Once again what I am saying is going completely over your head. Read my damn post again. All your doing is taking statements and trying to pull any hint of racism that i may have out. I have not done the same towards you, so why would you do such? When you commetned on any child growing up in my earlier post i directly typed up that many parents during that time realized the bad and made sure that they did not spread racism. So why are you so bent up on attacking me personally and not my arguements.

I did read your statement. And the chronology was off. And frankly you're all over the map with your statements. The only thing I get for sure from your statements was that you generalize and demonize white people. Sure you try to play it off but it's there in the intent and the underlying meaning of your words. Period. You can deny all you want....but ask yourself this....why do your posts give several individuals the idea that you're racist? It has to come from your words.

My posts are pretty spot on. All I have done is address certain statements that don't hold merit. And the second part of your arguement is approacing ls sippery slope man, you think I am racist because you have a serious problem with selective reading. I told you directly that I was referencing the RACIST people during that time period and yet you claim I am lumping all white pople into one category? Are you serious? Like seriously, how can you say that after reading any of my posts...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"]. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.GOLIABOMB

And part of the reason why is because people look for racism where there isn't. In trying to balance the scale they tip it to far in the other direction. Get rid of the connotation of race.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"] Wow you really are retarded. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.

Oh, come on.

The video did a somewhat decent job of proving my point. What's up?
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 N30F3N1X

Wow you really are retarded. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.GOLIABOMB

He never said "it's not that big of an issue" or anything like that.

And you're the one calling someone else retarded. :roll:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Marth6781"] Once again what I am saying is going completely over your head. Read my damn post again. All your doing is taking statements and trying to pull any hint of racism that i may have out. I have not done the same towards you, so why would you do such? When you commetned on any child growing up in my earlier post i directly typed up that many parents during that time realized the bad and made sure that they did not spread racism. So why are you so bent up on attacking me personally and not my arguements.Marth6781

My posts are pretty spot on. All I have done is address certain statements that don't hold merit. And the second part of your arguement is approacing ls sippery slope man, you think I am racist because you have a serious problem with selective reading. I told you directly that I was referencing the RACIST people during that time period and yet you claim I am lumping all white pople into one category? Are you serious? Like seriously, how can you say that after reading any of my posts...

No your posts are entirely one sided. I think you're racist because of what you've posted. However, I'm not the only one in this thread that has that impression of you. Therefore, it's foolish to try to act as though I misunderstood you when a few others came to that same conclusion. Hence, we have to look at the commonality. And that would be your posts. As for the last couple statements in your post.....that has nothing to do with what I'm discussing. Perhaps it's you with selective reading....
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Marth6781"] Once again what I am saying is going completely over your head. Read my damn post again. All your doing is taking statements and trying to pull any hint of racism that i may have out. I have not done the same towards you, so why would you do such? When you commetned on any child growing up in my earlier post i directly typed up that many parents during that time realized the bad and made sure that they did not spread racism. So why are you so bent up on attacking me personally and not my arguements.Marth6781

You need to re-read this thread. You're coming off as a crazy person, generalizing entire races, and then backpedaling when we call you out as a racist.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 XaosII

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And yet what those programs do is create legal discrimination against a majority.LJS9502_basic

No it forces companies to hire a minority whether they are the better qualified. That is discrimination against a majority person with better qualifications. It IS legal discrimination.

No it doesn't. The specific case you present is extremely rare. Hell, cases of nepotism are far more common than the specific scenario you are claiming. Stop making a straw man out of an exceedingly rare circumstance to claim that argument doesn't work.

GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 GOLIABOMB
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And part of the reason why is because people look for racism where there isn't. In trying to balance the scale they tip it to far in the other direction. Get rid of the connotation of race.

[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"]So let me get this straight guys. When my father said he'd disown me for dating a black woman, that's not racist? !LJS9502_basic

Anecdotal evidence is not conclusive of society as a whole. FYI...racist terms don't make you right......

And nobody said it was conclusive of society as a whole. When racial prejudice DOES happen, it's perfectly reasonable to oppose it.
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Marth6781
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] What racist assumptions did I make? Do you know what racism is? You still didnt pull ONE example of me lumping all white people in the same category? I never once did that, so I inherently defeated your biased arguement.

You seem to think since i'm black i'm angry or something at white people.Marth6781
Hmm, i dont think that at all. Again, why must you continually accuse people of generalizing your race? I did no such thing, yet you're saying because i'm white, i must generalize blacks? No wonder you're seeing racism in everything, you WANT to see racism.

Once againg your not grapsing anything I am saying. Your looking at a sentecne instead of context. Try harder
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"]. Let's recap one of the dumbest statements in this thread: Nibroc420 wrote "Black people these days dont know what racism is. Back in the early 1900's, those people could complain." So now they can't complain if their father is run over by a group of teenagers that specifically seek out blacks to harass and assault. His response: "WELL IT WAS A YEAR AGO SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE." Anyone arguing that racism is dead is grossly misinformed and Nibroc420 in particular is so affixed on his own agenda of white injustice that he's spoken bigotry.GOLIABOMB

By not wanting to treat everyone the same, you're feeding into racism...
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 N30F3N1X

My posts are pretty spot on. All I have done is address certain statements that don't hold merit. And the second part of your arguement is approacing ls sippery slope man, you think I am racist because you have a serious problem with selective reading. I told you directly that I was referencing the RACIST people during that time period and yet you claim I am lumping all white pople into one category? Are you serious? Like seriously, how can you say that after reading any of my posts...Marth6781

Ironic.

You ignored my post completely and you claim somebody else has a serious problem with selective reading. Let me refresh your memory:

[QUOTE="Marth6781"]Why do I have to represent two sides of the coin when you are arguing agisnt the side of the coin im defending? That's complete bias. Speaking the truth of how racism spreads doesn't make me racist. The discussion is completely on what I was talking about. You keep trying to bring more arguments into the original argument. Stick to what you speak my friend.N30F3N1X

Bullsh!t. I never argued against your point.

My first reply to you was

Why are you talking about it as if it's a one-way thing?Myself

Ignoring a blatant flaw in your argument, calling *me* biased for pointing it out, and then claiming that flaw is not part of the original argument...

I can totally see you're not biased nor racist *at all* ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

XaosII

No it doesn't. The specific case you present is extremely rare. Hell, cases of nepotism are far more common than the specific scenario you are claiming. Stop making a straw man out of an exceedingly rare circumstance to claim that argument doesn't work.

Your evidence that's it's rare?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]lol, I was playing COD with a friend of mine who speaks German a couple years back and he actually couldn't understand what the German guys were saying because their words were so distorted and loud so as to pertuate the stereotype that German is a very angry language. Felt bad for the guy.

N30F3N1X

2831295_460s.jpg

Caps + exclamation marks can make any of those sound angry. :P

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 XaosII

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

N30F3N1X

So is equating "non-white privilege" and affirmitive action/scholarships.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't think anyone is saying racism is dead in this thread. However, it's not a societal movement and in fact society has placed laws to protect against discrimination. But what is NOT being said in this thread is that minorities can be racist as well. And are. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. Anything that is even perceived as racist that a white person might say there is a huge out cry. Yet minorities get a free pass.

Nibroc420

Agreed. If you don't think every race should have equal treatment, then there's something wrong.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"] I missed the part where the video mentioned black people.VanHelsingBoA64

Not responding to the video.

Then who are you responding to?

Why so intrigued? The responses in this thread.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Marth6781
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I did read your statement. And the chronology was off. And frankly you're all over the map with your statements. The only thing I get for sure from your statements was that you generalize and demonize white people. Sure you try to play it off but it's there in the intent and the underlying meaning of your words. Period. You can deny all you want....but ask yourself this....why do your posts give several individuals the idea that you're racist? It has to come from your words.LJS9502_basic

No your posts are entirely one sided. I think you're racist because of what you've posted. However, I'm not the only one in this thread that has that impression of you. Therefore, it's foolish to try to act as though I misunderstood you when a few others came to that same conclusion. Hence, we have to look at the commonality. And that would be your posts. As for the last couple statements in your post.....that has nothing to do with what I'm discussing. Perhaps it's you with selective reading....

No, you claimed that since I said that their childern would be taught racism Im lumping white people in one category. No I am telling you that racist teach racist things to their children. Point blank period.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts
[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

Another thing that pisses me off (it's in a lot of textbooks and articles):

African American

Asian American

Native American

Hispanic/Latino

and then...

White?

If political correctness is the country's national religion, then start calling us European Americans.

Jesus.

juden41
My biggest pet peeve. Black Asian Hispanic/Latino White That's how I think it should be. All that "African-American" sh*t gets under my skin.

I can make it even simpler: Person

Little too idealistic for humankind but that would be a great thing huh?
GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GOLIABOMB

[QUOTE="GOLIABOMB"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't think anyone is saying racism is dead in this thread. However, it's not a societal movement and in fact society has placed laws to protect against discrimination. But what is NOT being said in this thread is that minorities can be racist as well. And are. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. Anything that is even perceived as racist that a white person might say there is a huge out cry. Yet minorities get a free pass.

Nibroc420

It's completely impossible to treat everyone the same. I don't care at all for what you've been arguing because, if anything, you've been the most to blame for inequality. You trivialized complaints about racism in the modern world by saying that things aren't as bad as they use to be for blacks. That's complete and utter **** And I'm sure you're still rolling up your car windows when you drive through the black parts of the ghetto.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 N30F3N1X

No, you claimed that since I said that their childern would be taught racism Im lumping white people in one category. No I am telling you that racist teach racist things to their children. Point blank period. Marth6781

No, you're saying that WHITE racists teach racist things to their children. Stop backpedaling.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"][QUOTE="juden41"][QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"] My biggest pet peeve. Black Asian Hispanic/Latino White That's how I think it should be. All that "African-American" sh*t gets under my skin.

Indeed.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

XaosII

Not at all. Affirmative action is essentially a way of legalizing anti-white racism. Scholarships that whites cannot apply for is discrimination at it's finest, they want to stop white people from going to college. White people have to deal with this stigma that they're the root "cause" for the suffering of minorities. I didn't enslave blacks, i didn't kill natives, I'm just a white guy who wants to be equal. I can't have that because on a daily basis i get dirty looks from people, simply because I'm white. I dont feel privileged, i feel hated. Whites are hated and discriminated against.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 XaosII

Your evidence that's it's rare?LJS9502_basic

Common sense. A company isn't going to hire an under qualified employee entirely for the sake of meeting AA demands.

But hey, you want some evidence fine: http://www.nber.org/papers/w5603.pdf

The analysis is based on a representative sample of over 3,200 employers in four major metropolitan areas in the U.S. Our results show some evidence of lower educational qualifications among blacks and Hispanics hired under Affirmative Action, but not among white women. Further, our results show little evidence of substantially weaker job performance among most groups of minority and female Affirmative Action hires. ARE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRES LESS QUALIFIED

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Marth6781"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Marth6781"] My posts are pretty spot on. All I have done is address certain statements that don't hold merit. And the second part of your arguement is approacing ls sippery slope man, you think I am racist because you have a serious problem with selective reading. I told you directly that I was referencing the RACIST people during that time period and yet you claim I am lumping all white pople into one category? Are you serious? Like seriously, how can you say that after reading any of my posts...

No, you claimed that since I said that their childern would be taught racism Im lumping white people in one category. No I am telling you that racist teach racist things to their children. Point blank period.

No that isn't what formed my opinion.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 N30F3N1X

Caps + exclamation marks can make any of those sound angry. :P

Hexagon_777

Nope, angry german sounds much harder than those. I've tried :P

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

Nibroc420

Not at all. Affirmative action is essentially a way of legalizing anti-white racism. Scholarships that whites cannot apply for is discrimination at it's finest, they want to stop white people from going to college. White people have to deal with this stigma that they're the root "cause" for the suffering of minorities. I didn't enslave blacks, i didn't kill natives, I'm just a white guy who wants to be equal. I can't have that because on a daily basis i get dirty looks from people, simply because I'm white. I dont feel privileged, i feel hated. Whites are hated and discriminated against.

This is how I see it.

Don't worry, this should protect us:

grgve

GOLIABOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 GOLIABOMB

Nibroc if you had to leave your laptop in a cafe to use the restroom and you asked someone to watch it, who would you pick between a white male in a t-shirt and a black male in a t-shirt?

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"][QUOTE="juden41"][QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"] My biggest pet peeve. Black Asian Hispanic/Latino White That's how I think it should be. All that "African-American" sh*t gets under my skin.

Actions start with ideas.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Nibroc420
Nibroc if you had to leave your laptop in a cafe to use the restroom and you asked someone to watch it, who would you pick between a white male in a suit and a black male in a t-shirt?GOLIABOMB
Wouldn't matter. My non-existent laptops are free, and i have non-existent crates full of them... [spoiler] If i had a laptop? Well, I wouldn't trust any stranger to watch something aside from my coffee [/spoiler]
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Marth6781

[QUOTE="Marth6781"]

Ironic.

You ignored my post completely and you claim somebody else has a serious problem with selective reading. Let me refresh your memory:

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="Marth6781"]Why do I have to represent two sides of the coin when you are arguing agisnt the side of the coin im defending? That's complete bias. Speaking the truth of how racism spreads doesn't make me racist. The discussion is completely on what I was talking about. You keep trying to bring more arguments into the original argument. Stick to what you speak my friend.N30F3N1X

Bullsh!t. I never argued against your point.

My first reply to you was

Why are you talking about it as if it's a one-way thing?Myself

Ignoring a blatant flaw in your argument, calling *me* biased for pointing it out, and then claiming that flaw is not part of the original argument...

I can totally see you're not biased nor racist *at all* ;)

That's not irony... It's called not wanting to talk to you. But on that subject, the whole point of that arguement was that where the hell do you see someone aruging two sides of an arguement when they are representing the opposite side? Me giving an example of what one side thinks doesn't somehow force me to speak on what is happening on the opposite side. This is a debate.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 N30F3N1X

Nibroc if you had to leave your laptop in a cafe to use the restroom and you asked someone to watch it, who would you pick between a white male in a t-shirt and a black male in a t-shirt?

GOLIABOMB

Your point?

And why did you edit "in a suit" out?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 gamerguru100

GOLIABOMB
I know this question is for Nibroc, but I would trust neither and bring it with me.