Teen suicide rate increasing Seriously?

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkGamerkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkGamerkill
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

Ok so you can read alot of article about teens committing suicide nowadays. i mean come one some of these kids commit suicide because they dont get the new toy or cell phone everyone else has, or someone called them stupid in school so they commited suicide whatever happened to punching that person in the nose? i mean come on whats happened to to the teens of america?

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/teen-commits-suicide-at-school-1.1053175

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

whatever happened to punching that person in the nose?

DarkGamerkill

That's practically suicide. You'll be deemed a danger to society.

TheArGaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheArGaia
Member since 2011 • 629 Posts
I don't see a problem with it. Overpopulation is pressing issue.Rocky32189
There is so much wrong with this statement that I am simply going to leave this thread before I start getting moderated.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I have actually thought about killing myself on numerous occasions. Now I can't do it because it's so mainstream.
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
Suicide is dramatic. Teens are attracted to drama. Teens don't properly understand consequences of death. Teens commit suicide.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

i mean come one some of these kids commit suicide because they dont get the new toy or cell phone everyone else has, or someone called them stupid in school so they commited suicide

DarkGamerkill

Where are you getting this information from?

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
I have actually thought about killing myself on numerous occasions. Now I can't do it because it's so mainstream.Jazz_Fan
You have officially made me LOL.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]I don't see a problem with it. Overpopulation is pressing issue.TheArGaia
There is so much wrong with this statement that I am simply going to leave this thread before I start getting moderated.

Seriously, wtf?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkGamerkill"]

whatever happened to punching that person in the nose?

Necrifer

That's practically suicide. You'll be deemed a danger to society.

you will become an outcast and wont ever be able to find a job.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

I mean come on whats happened to to the teens of america?

DarkGamerkill
Western suicide rates are no where near those of South Korea or Japan.

someone called them stupid in school so they commited suicide

DarkGamerkill
The problem isn't the insult itself it's the fact that they think the person is right and so the world would be better off without them.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="TheArGaia"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]I don't see a problem with it. Overpopulation is pressing issue.JML897

Seriously, wtf?

there are many people here who want forced population control, even in the US and CA even though we are comparatively underpopulated to the rest of the world,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 1076751
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

I don't see a problem with it. Overpopulation is pressing issue.Rocky32189

I agree with this 100%

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

She probably wasn't pretty enough and got asked out by no guys. I blame Hollywood where they flaunt off their beauty. It just sends off a bad image to young kids.

TheArGaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheArGaia

I have actually thought about killing myself on numerous occasions. Now I can't do it because it's so mainstream.Jazz_Fan

I knew teen suicide before it was famous :P

DarkGamerkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkGamerkill

@markop2003Im talking about teens in general not just western teens so that does include South Korea, and you do have a point with your second statement i might just be a little pissed off to reading articles like these.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="TheArGaia"] There is so much wrong with this statement that I am simply going to leave this thread before I start getting moderated.surrealnumber5

Seriously, wtf?

there are many people here who want forced population control, even in the US and CA even though we are comparatively underpopulated to the rest of the world,

It's asia's fault. They can't even support the 80 million kids they all have but they still copy the rabbits.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

Seriously, wtf?

Hatiko

It's asia's fault. They can't even support the 80 million kids they all have but they still copy the rabbits.

no, it is the fault of the crazy people that want to force their sick theories on others.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
If someone wants to die I say let them have at it. If he himself nor his loved ones can stop him then it is probably the best for him.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

I think that the dramatic increase in media and interconnectivity (cell phones, facebook, etc) have increased the social pressures on teenagers. Teens are already kind of emotionally fragile since they are going through a massive change in life style in the transition from childhood to adulthood, and this increased scrutiny has only exacerbated the issue.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] there are many people here who want forced population control, even in the US and CA even though we are comparatively underpopulated to the rest of the world,

surrealnumber5

no, it is the fault of the crazy people that want to force their sick theories on others.

Yep that sick theory that overpopulation and lack of resources is a problem sure is sick, basterds! they may even start saying that pollution is bad to your health and that people should start recycling! sick people I tell you.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 markop2003

@markop2003Im talking about teens in general not just western teens so that does include South Korea, and you do have a point with your second statement i might just be a little pissed off to reading articles like these.

DarkGamerkill
Asian suicide is a different issue. Sometimes it's seen as the 'right thing to do' they've had famous actors, ex-prime ministers and multi millionaires commit suicide. I remember a few years ago a Samsung heiress hung her self.
DarkGamerkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkGamerkill

If someone wants to die I say let them have at it. If he himself nor his loved ones can stop him then it is probably the best for him.kuraimen

ok i can see where your coming from but seriously supporting suicide for kids under 18.. thats a little harsh.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
lets see...more and more kids being socially enept because of technology......mixed with a selfish culture.....and parents who are to worried more about themselves than their children...i'm not suprised...
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Oh good another sanctimonious thread preaching the immorality of killing yourself.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I blame skinny jeans.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]If someone wants to die I say let them have at it. If he himself nor his loved ones can stop him then it is probably the best for him.DarkGamerkill

ok i can see where your coming from but seriously supporting suicide for kids under 18.. thats a little harsh.

Sometimes for these kids the pain is unbearable. As long as they are not harming anyone else I don't see a problem.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

It's the mass media and social pressure at work once again, as always...

TheArGaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheArGaia
[QUOTE="super_mario_128"]Oh good another sanctimonious thread preaching the immorality of killing yourself.

Beat you to it :P
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

kuraimen

Yep that sick theory that overpopulation and lack of resources is a problem sure is sick, basterds! they may even start saying that pollution is bad to your health and that people should start recycling! sick people I tell you.

if you think there is a population problem you have the right and power to reduce it by one, forcing others to bend to your sick view violates their humanitarian rights. also there is no over population issue in the Americas, but that is a whole other conversation.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 redstorm72

[QUOTE="DarkGamerkill"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]If someone wants to die I say let them have at it. If he himself nor his loved ones can stop him then it is probably the best for him.kuraimen

Sometimes for these kids the pain is unbearable. As long as they are not harming anyone else I don't see a problem.

Thing is though, the pain probably isn't unbareable, they just don't realize it. When your young you don't realize that stupid social failiures mean nothing. Things do get better, but by ending their life so early, they have wasted their lives.

super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 super_mario_128
[QUOTE="TheArGaia"] Beat you to it :P

Oh, nice.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Desulated

Thing is though, the pain probably isn't unbareable, they just don't realize it. When your young you don't realize that stupid social failiures mean nothing. Things do get better, but by ending their life so early, they have wasted their lives.

redstorm72

It's their lives. Doesn't affect anyone else nor does anyone have to bear the consequences since they were the ones that ended it.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="DarkGamerkill"]

redstorm72

That's why you have family and loved ones for. To support you in those harsh times. But if even they can't make it different or don't even care about it then there's nothing more you could do.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] no, it is the fault of the crazy people that want to force their sick theories on others.

surrealnumber5

if you think there is a population problem you have the right and power to reduce it by one, forcing others to bend to your sick view violates their humanitarian rights. also there is no over population issue in the Americas, but that is a whole other conversation.

There's not a bigger "humanitarian right" than the right to live a good and fullfilling life. Overpopulation depletes resources and makes people live in poorer and poorer conditions and creating more and more problems, meaning that you have to choose between allowing people to brainlessly reproduce without regards to the conservation of the planet or actually do something about it to avoid destroying the planet and ourselves with it. The first choice is similar to how a plague works and it is not very intelligent or wise, the second choice is about using intelligence and common sense.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Desulated

It's their lives. Doesn't affect anyone else nor does anyone have to bear the consequences since they were the ones that ended it.

Dude, it's called empathy. Most normal people tend to dislike the thought of others being in so much pain as to kill themselves and feel bad when it happens. You seem to not give a f*** about trying to prevent the third leading cause of death amoung youths in North America.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Yep that sick theory that overpopulation and lack of resources is a problem sure is sick, basterds! they may even start saying that pollution is bad to your health and that people should start recycling! sick people I tell you.kuraimen

There's not a bigger "humanitarian right" than the right to live a good and fullfilling life. Overpopulation depletes resources and makes people live in poorer and poorer conditions and creating more and more problems, meaning that you have to choose between allowing people to brainlessly reproduce without regards to the conservation of the planet or actually do something about it to avoid destroying the planet and ourselves with it. The first choice is similar to how a plague works and it is not very intelligent or wise, the second choice is about using intelligence and common sense.

please site any source for this right to a "good and fullfilling life" just one valid source will do, because that is the most absurd thing i have ever seen someone claim is a right.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Desulated

If they want to die, let them. Forcing them to keep living is essentially a form of torture because they do not want to exist anymore. It doesn't help either their families and loved ones might not even give a bloody **** about their current situation.

I'm not the type of person that begs others to keep living if they wished. It's a free world, they choose to do whatever they wish.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] if you think there is a population problem you have the right and power to reduce it by one, forcing others to bend to your sick view violates their humanitarian rights. also there is no over population issue in the Americas, but that is a whole other conversation.

surrealnumber5

please site any source for this right to a "good and fullfilling life" just one valid source will do, because that is the most absurd thing i have ever seen someone claim is a right.

lol so you think rights amount to living and that's it? sad world you live in. Rights actually try to guarantee that people live healthy lives which allow them to live well. Depleting the Earth from resources and destroying the environment is actually directly against that. And overpopulation is practically the main cause of that.
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 super_mario_128
good let them die. i have no compassion for people who take their own lives. selfish cowerdsmems_1224
/me turns to camera it's selfish because their selfish loved ones would be briefly upset if they chose to end their misery
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 redstorm72

If they want to die, let them. Forcing them to keep living is essentially a form of torture because they do not want to exist anymore. It doesn't help either their families and loved ones might not even give a bloody **** about their current situation.

I'm not the type of person that begs others to keep living if they wished. It's a free world, they choose to do whatever they wish.

Desulated

In the case of most teens, they will get over the pain that makes them want to die. Getting them help so they can get through it rather then blowing their brians out is not a bad thing.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

good let them die. i have no compassion for people who take their own lives. selfish cowerdsmems_1224

So if someone close to you wanted to take their life, would you let them? Suicide is just a terrible thing.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 markop2003

Thing is though, the pain probably isn't unbareable, they just don't realize it.

redstorm72
Obviously it was unbearable if they couldn't bear it and so chose to commit suicide.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 markop2003
So you'ld be selfish and force someone to live so you won't be upset?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] There's not a bigger "humanitarian right" than the right to live a good and fullfilling life. Overpopulation depletes resources and makes people live in poorer and poorer conditions and creating more and more problems, meaning that you have to choose between allowing people to brainlessly reproduce without regards to the conservation of the planet or actually do something about it to avoid destroying the planet and ourselves with it. The first choice is similar to how a plague works and it is not very intelligent or wise, the second choice is about using intelligence and common sense.kuraimen

lol so you think rights amount to living and that's it? sad world you live in. Rights actually try to guarantee that people live healthy lives which allow them to live well. Depleting the Earth from resources and destroying the environment is actually directly against that. And overpopulation is practically the main cause of that.

so now i need two citations for theright to "good and fullfilling life" and for rights "guarantee that people live healthy lives"

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Thing is though, the pain probably isn't unbareable, they just don't realize it.

markop2003

Obviously it was unbearable if they couldn't bear it and so chose to commit suicide.

There is no such thing as "unbearable" pain, there are just people who chose not to bear it anymore.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Desulated

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

redstorm72

In the case of most teens, they will get over the pain that makes them want to die. Getting them help so they can get through it rather then blowing their brians out is not a bad thing.

Maybe it's my apathetic nature, but whatever. I could really care less about what other people wanted to do with their lives. I've thought about suicide before in my life, talking about it with others only accelerated that drive to do so even faster.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuraimen
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] There's not a bigger "humanitarian right" than the right to live a good and fullfilling life. Overpopulation depletes resources and makes people live in poorer and poorer conditions and creating more and more problems, meaning that you have to choose between allowing people to brainlessly reproduce without regards to the conservation of the planet or actually do something about it to avoid destroying the planet and ourselves with it. The first choice is similar to how a plague works and it is not very intelligent or wise, the second choice is about using intelligence and common sense.kuraimen

Here a link if you want http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights#Future_generations Quote: Article 1 of the declaration states "the present generations have the responsibility of ensuring that the needs and interests of present and future generations are fully safeguarded." The preamble to the declaration states that "at this point in history, the very existence of humankind and its environment are threatened" and the declaration covers a variety of issues including protection of the environment, the human genome, biodiversity, cultural heritage, peace, development, and education. The preamble recalls that the responsibilities of the present generations towards future generations has been referred to in various international instruments, including the Convention for the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage (UNESCO 1972), the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Convention on Biological Diversity (Rio de Janeiro, 1992), the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development (UN Conference on Environment and Development, 1992), the Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action (World Conference on Human Rights, 1993) and a number of UN General Assembly resolutions relating to the protection of the global climate for present and future generations adopted since 1990.[104]