Should Children be Hit

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Kids these days are getting out of control with Violence, drugs, and general tomfoolery, Do you think making hitting kids legal again would help?

Personally I think it would be a start, and im not saying I beat up little kids, But ive noticed that since it was made illegal, kids have been getting out of control, I was hit when I was a kid and It tought me not to **** with my elders and kids today dont know the fear of being beat

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
Kid's aren't anymore out of control than 15 years ago. Plus parents can smack their children, it is up to them. Child abuse on the other hand (for example belting them repeatedly) is completely unnecessary,
-Sluggo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Sluggo-
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts
I say yes. More often than not, kids these days need to be taught a lesson and/or put in their place.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I saw a pair of 12 year old brats walk up to a limo stopped at a traffic light on friday. They were talking to the driver, giving him arrogant, brat-lip and really pushing their luck, messing with the car's mirrors and stuff. Then out of nowhere the driver jus shoves the door open and floored the pair of them. It was hilarious. And they both crapped their pants and ran.

So yes. The best cure for somebody deserving a fat lip is a fat lip.

gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts
Sure, why not? It's better than sending them to their room
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I agree. I was hit as a kid (not beaten up obviously but smacked for being naughty) and it helped a lot. Kids nowadays know they're untouchable and turn into little **** because they know that no-one can do anything about it. Of course all those hippies will say it's a fine line between smacking your kid and beating it up but that stuff happens anyway so we may as well bring back hitting :)
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
I was never hit and I dont do anything illegal or drink or do drugs, Im to say the least normal. My father was hit a lot as a kid, and Ill just say he wasnt the greatest or most legal teenager.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Yes.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
I say yes, but dont do it to hard, just give him a couple of spankings in the face, lol thats what my dad done to me, and ive definetly improved since back in the old days.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
Kid's aren't anymore out of control than 15 years ago. Samwel_X
I was about to say the same thing.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I'd hit it!
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deepdreamer256
[QUOTE="xaos"]I'd hit it!

Oh god, not Chris Hansen!
FatMan1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FatMan1945
Member since 2008 • 187 Posts

Hell yeah!!!

Children need to understand that there is severe consequences for their actions, and while hitting your children may seem barbaric, it is one of the only ways to get them to learn. I think that teachers should also be aloud to spank their students when they act up.

Jacked-Up-Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacked-Up-Jay
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I say no. Parents should find a better way of disciplining their children. Sure, they're getting out of hand, but parents have the important role of maintaining their children.

:shock: PEDOBEAR!

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Hit with what?
Happy_Kat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Happy_Kat777
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

Can I ask the origin of Pedobear while we're at it XD

Child abuse is WRONG

aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
I would never personally do it, but I don't have the right to decide for others.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
depends on if they deserve it, i can name 5 off the top of my head that should be beaten...but only in extreme cases
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chico129
Member since 2006 • 7964 Posts
Kids aren't anymore out of control than they were in the 70's or 80's, they just have more free time, and for some reason lots of older people like to think that they were much more under control when they were children, which their parents would disagree with...
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deepdreamer256

Child abuse is WRONG

Happy_Kat777
Just have a guess, a very long considered guess. HINT: Same people who brought us rickrolling.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
I mean it really depends what they have done to be honest, you shouldnt hit em for some small **** on a continous basis, which is just plain wrong , but for like an over the top sitaution, a little spanking is in order, imo.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts

No children who are physically abused don't turn out as well as those who are not, children who are hit by their parents; end up in prison at higher rates, are more likely to abuse drugs, commit a felony, have low self esteem, are less likelly to get good grades, ect. ect.

It's also been proven not to change the behavior. So any good parent would not beat their kids.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#25 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
No..Physical Violence is for complete Retards. Espiacally on Children
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
Of course hitting is so useful puwahaha I was hit a lot as a kid =D.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

Child abuse is WRONG

Happy_Kat777

/b/ is my best guess. if you don't know what it is, then you're better off not finding out

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

Kids should be spanked when they are bad and spanked again when they cry. If you teach them humility early, it will stick with them the rest of thier life.

On the other hand, you must also encourage them to do well and praise them when they do.

Most people don't understand that the reason there are such crappy people out there is because their parents probably didn't do their job.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Oriental_Jams
Member since 2008 • 1610 Posts

Only one of my friends was hit as a child as punishment and he is the most violent one, soI guess from my experience it seems unnecessary.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
A hammer right to the head should do the trick :).
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts
sure i was spanked a few times when i was a kid straightened me out :)
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Kid's aren't anymore out of control than 15 years ago. Plus parents can smack their children, it is up to them. Child abuse on the other hand (for example belting them repeatedly) is completely unnecessary,
Samwel_X
Kids aren't any different, but for some reason, parents are afraid of disciplining children nowadays.
mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

If you smack a child, you've lost control. In the long term, it makes nothing better.

If anything, it makes them more violent when they grow up.

So no, children shouldn't be hit.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

In some cases, yes.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I can't think of a good reason not to.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

No children who are physically abused don't turn out as well as those who are not, children who are hit by their parents; end up in prison at higher rates, are more likely to abuse drugs, commit a felony, have low self esteem, are less likelly to get good grades, ect. ect.

It's also been proven not to change the behavior. So any good parent would not beat their kids.

yoshi-lnex

I was smacked as a kid for doing naughty things and I've got very good grades and turned out fine. I'll definately smack my children if they do something wrong, it's the only way they learn.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I was smacked as a kid for doing naughty thingstofu-lion91

I get smacked as an adult for doing naughty things.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Oriental_Jams
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

tofu-lion91

I was smacked as a kid for doing naughty things and I've got very good grades and turned out fine. I'll definately smack my children if they do something wrong, it's the only way they learn.

Well,I wasn't smacked as a kid and I too got good grades.I think there are better ways to do it.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]I was smacked as a kid for doing naughty thingsOleg_Huzwog

I get smacked as an adult for doing naughty things.

How old are you?
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Oriental_Jams

Well,I wasn't smacked as a kid and I too got good grades.I think there are better ways to do it.

You could be right, but then it might depend on the personality and the way the child is. Different things might work for different people.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

Oriental_Jams

I don't.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

tofu-lion91

That would be very neglagent of you as a parent considering what studies have shown;

http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;101/4/723

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), however, in an official policy statement (reaffirmed in 2004) states that "Corporal punishment is of limited effectiveness and has potentially deleterious side effects. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that parents be encouraged and assisted in the development of methods other than spanking for managing undesired behavior." In particular, the AAP believes that any corporal punishment methods other than open-hand spanking on the buttocks or extremities "are unacceptable" and "should never be used". The policy statement points out, summarizing several studies, that "The more children are spanked, the more anger they report as adults, the more likely they are to spank their own children, the more likely they are to approve of hitting a spouse, and the more marital conflict they experience as adults." Spanking has been associated with higher rates of physical aggression, more substance abuse, and increased risk of crime and violence when used with older children and adolescents.

http://www.apa.org/pi/cyf/res_punish.html

The American Psychological Association opposes the use of corporal punishment in schools, juvenile facilities, child care nurseries, and all other institutions, public or private, where children are cared for or educated (Conger, 1975). They state that corporal punishment is violent, unnecessary, may lower self-esteem, is likely to train children to use physical violence, and is liable to instill hostility and rage without reducing the undesired behavior.

You probably would have ended up better if you hadn't been beaten. Studies have shown that beating causes negative effects on children, so good parents, if they knew this, would not do it.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Oriental_Jams
[QUOTE="Oriental_Jams"][QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]

hydralisk86

You could be right, but then it might depend on the personality and the way the child is. Different things might work for different people.

I will agree that some children really do deserve a good kicking sometimes, but the average child isn't that evil/irritating.

the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

I voted yes without reading anything, I thought this was all about spankings.

I am in favor of hand to rear spankings at a young age (like 4-9) other then that, no..no slapping, no beating(duh), and no thick/real paddles. My parents were pretty much like this to save that Garfield paddle that was used but then thrown away. I was smacked once in my life by my mom when i was 12, nothing good came out of it and she later said that she overeated(she was only on the wrong time of the month)

Actually violence should be used however when a kid poses a threat, which I only know personally of one family were this happened. I do think kids today need to be spanked more though.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
Some kids get so out of line that a well placed smack could do them some good...young kids don't understand logic and reason, so sometimes it's the only option left.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts

yes, if they deserve it

but their is a difference between discipline and abuse

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#47 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Spare the rod, spoil the child. I do believe in spankings, but anything past that ventures into child abuse.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
Nope, I'm against child abuse you see.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Perhaps sometimes. I'd really love to hit those kids who egged my house.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

They should be beaten into submission.

If a kid isn't curling up in the fetal position when I walk by, then I haven't done my job!