SHOCKING NEWS: LeBron wins fourth MVP award

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Throwing this out there; he's a rapist. Why isn't he in jail?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award because otherwise, he's just going to automatically keep winning it.

Wasdie

That's exactly what most valuable player means.

:|

Not it doesn't. Is LeBron more valuable to the Heat than, let say, Stephen Curry to the Warriors? I would say no. Without the LeBron the Heat are still arguably a top 4 seed on the Eastern Conference. Without Curry the Warriors are a lottery team.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award because otherwise, he's just going to automatically keep winning it.

Master_Live

Not it doesn't. Is LeBron more valuable to the Heat than, let say, Stephen Curry to the Warriors? I would say no. Without the LeBron the Heat are still arguably a top 4 seed on the Eastern Conference. Without Curry the Warriors are a lottery team.

Whats your point? You could say the same about Kobe and the Lakers. It might even apply to Carmelo and the Knicks this year.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

TheWalkingGhost

Whats your point? You could say the same about Kobe and the Lakers. It might even apply to Carmelo and the Knicks this year.

Ok, so I could say the same about Kobe or Melo. What is your point?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch
lol wtf
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch
Hell you talking bout cawk sucker
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JML897"] I live in the Chicago area. I think literally every single Bulls game this season was broadcast on either local Chicago TV or national TV. JML897

Yeah, no. Even the playoffs weren't.

Do you somehow not get Comcast Sports Net?

All I know is I've watched every Bulls game of this year's playoffs and I don't have any special NBA packages.

Comcast sports net is what channel? I thought Comcast was cable. They provide a local channel?
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Lebron is still a good player--he just lacks finesse and looks downright clumsy at times. Ron Artest(forgot his new name, lol) is another player that's very overhyped. You can look at a stat sheet all you want, but it's a game and the point is to win. Kobe has proven time and time again he knows how to do this. He's the type of player where the other team KNOWS there is a very high probability he's going to take the shot, and he'll still come through.. The guy is the best since Jordan. Fact of the matter is the league isn't what it used to be. The league needs stars, and advertising creates this. In the past, there was almost a team player that was almost a mascot of sorts--Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glide, Tim Hardaway, Isaia, Reggie Miller, etc. the image the league has right now isn't so great anymore because of player conduct. Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.Aljosa23

LeBron lacks finesse and looks clumsy? Have you even seen the guy play? No one is able to stop him when he's on a fast break. He can create his own shot in any given situation. LeBron can play every single position and play them well. He's anything but clumsy and that's literally the only time I've heard that criticism. LeBron breaking down in crunch time might have been valid 18 months ago but not now, certainly not since he won his first Championship and is in an even better position to win another.

I don't really understand what the rest of your post has to do with LeBron. I'd argue the NBA is as entertaining as ever and definitely the highest it's been in terms of skill level ever. I live in Canada and we regularly get NBA season (not just the Raptors) and playoff games.

Been watching basketball since the mid 80s. Lebrun is not graceful. Again, I did not say he was a bad player, but I stand by what I've said. I've seen him dump the ball off in crunch time sooooo many times. It's almost as if he's afraid to take criticism from the press for not fitting the bill the media makes him out to be.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Hell you talking bout cawk sucker Bucked20
bucked, like all people that are "gangsta" I have a strong feeling you'll be working at mcdonalds for the majority of your life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch

Huh?

Kobe Bryant was the one accused of rape and he got acquitted.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

I am so shocked right now. 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
He's a douchebag
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Well deserved.  Now he needs another championship to go along with it.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] It became meaningless when it becomes based solely on stats and to prop up other players. TheWalkingGhost

If not based on stats then what should it be based on?

Lebron James

26.7 PPG 7.5 RPG 7.0 APG 1.6 SPG 0.6 BPG

Derrick Rose

25.0 PPG 4.1 RPG 7.7 APG 1.0 SPG 0.6 BPG

Who won the MVP award the year these two did this and why?

Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Kobe. I think Russel Wesbrook is probably the all around best raw athlete in the league, but he lacks the smarts in the game quite often Lebrun lacks that WIN mentality--that instinct--that players like Kobe have. Lebron almost always dumps the ball off when in crunch time. Heirren
So....what about the other 45 minutes on the court?

Lebron is still a good player--he just lacks finesse and looks downright clumsy at times. Ron Artest(forgot his new name, lol) is another player that's very overhyped. You can look at a stat sheet all you want, but it's a game and the point is to win. Kobe has proven time and time again he knows how to do this. He's the type of player where the other team KNOWS there is a very high probability he's going to take the shot, and he'll still come through.. The guy is the best since Jordan. Fact of the matter is the league isn't what it used to be. The league needs stars, and advertising creates this. In the past, there was almost a team player that was almost a mascot of sorts--Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glide, Tim Hardaway, Isaia, Reggie Miller, etc. the image the league has right now isn't so great anymore because of player conduct. Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.

Kobe barely got his team into the playoffs and he was playing with several former all stars. The lakers w/o shaq or pau gasol also either missed the playoffs or barely made it there. Kobe has never shot 50% in a season. IF anything Kobe is the most over rated player of all time.

Lebron carried a bunch of nobodies to the finals and the cavs had atleast 2 60 win game seasons w/ lebron. Now he led the heat to two finals appearances, 66 wins this season and that 27 win streak.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Been watching basketball since the mid 80s. Lebrun is not graceful. Again, I did not say he was a bad player, but I stand by what I've said. I've seen him dump the ball off in crunch time sooooo many times. It's almost as if he's afraid to take criticism from the press for not fitting the bill the media makes him out to be.Heirren
LeBron is most certainly graceful. He's probably the greatest combination of power, agility, and finesse to ever play the game. Again, that criticism might have been somewhat valid two seasons ago but not anymore.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheWalkingGhost

Kobe barely got his team into the playoffs and he was playing with several former all stars.AsadMahdi59
This year? Pau was out hurt for what, 20 games? Steve Nash is almost 40 and has missed games, even then he was the worst player in the starting five. Howard has been hurt all year, it is a miracle that LA got in at all...And that was because of Kobe, not in spit of him.

The lakers w/o shaq or pau gasol also either missed the playoffs or barely made it there.AsadMahdi59
Same could be said of Kobe. Pau never won a playoff game on his own.

Kobe has never shot 50% in a season.AsadMahdi59
Grasping. He is a shooting guard, most today at his position don't. He shoots low percentage shots. Only 2 guards actually did this year, Wade and Parker. Kobe took the most shots in the NBA this year, almost 600 more than Parker.

IF anything Kobe is the most over rated player of all time.AsadMahdi59
If you are an idiot, yes. How can you call a 15 time all star, former MVP, 5 time champion, 2 finals MVP and 9 time all defensive first overrated is beyond me. 

Lebron carried a bunch of nobodies to the finalsAsadMahdi59
:lol: Yeah, Gooden and his 11 PPG and 8.5 RPG was a nobody, Varejao was averaging 6 rebounds off the bench that year during the playoffs. Larry Hughes was not a nobody just average, Gibson played nicely off the bench and Big Z was almost averaging a double double...YEAH, total nobodies!

and the cavs had atleast 2 60 win game seasons w/ lebron.AsadMahdi59
Weak conference, and he wasn't alone. Has some nice big men, as shown above.

Now he led the heat to two finals appearances, 66 wins this season and that 27 win streak.AsadMahdi59
Wait...Was Wade and Bosh hurt that whole time? Could have sworn it was a team game. And the Heat won some of those games without James or/and Wade. Yep, Bosh was the only one of them on the court in some of those wins. 

Yes, Lebron is a good player. But not jesus in sneakers like you are trying to claim. Kobe is good too, just happens to play a different position.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Kobe's one of the greats for sure, I just think he gets far too much credit. People forget he wanted to be traded when the lakers were struggling and if it he hadn't played with the likes of shaq and pau and had phil jackson he could be another allen iverson/ carmelo.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheWalkingGhost

Kobe's one of the greats for sure, I just think he gets far too much credit. People forget he wanted to be traded when the lakers were struggling and if it he hadn't played with the likes of shaq and pau and had phil jackson he could be another allen iverson/ carmelo.

AsadMahdi59
I remember that, the only reason it didn't happen was because the Bulls refused to part with Luol Deng. Pau was not that great before he went to LA, and Kobe was before Pau and continued to be without Phil. Phil did help him, but helped MJ too. Not sure why this should be a knock against Kobe, LBJ would have benefited as well.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

Oh, thought this was going to be important news for a moment.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The_Lipscomb
So edgy and cool
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

AsadMahdi59

Just stop. 

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

Silverbond
So edgy and cool

No.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Serge Ibaka is the greatest player in NBA history.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Rose = Volume shooter. Has A LOT of melo in him Melo = Not the right star for any elite team
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
damn some of these fellas are tall
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.JML897
gotta love LeBrick fans and their conspiracies
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Master_Live
[QUOTE="JML897"]Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.kingkong0124

Well, you do know that JML897 is a BULLS fan right? RIGHT?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingkong0124
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="JML897"]Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.Master_Live

Well, you do know that JML897 is a BULLS fan right? RIGHT?

is still a fan of LeBrick tho. or Maybe he's trying to suck up to him on the off chance that LeBron will read his post, see how much Bulls fan love him, and then make the move to the Bulls
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JML897
[QUOTE="JML897"]Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.kingkong0124

I'm a Bulls fan who hated Lebron during that season I still don't really root for him but objectively speaking he's clearly better than everyone else right now
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DroidPhysX
lmao @ kk calling him Lebrick. Bro, this isn't 2011.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kingkong0124
DroidPhysX
Wonder how good Mr. BJ will be when he's Kobe's age
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]kingkong0124
Wonder how good Mr. BJ will be when he's Kobe's age

Better because he gets shooters to his team
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]

[QUOTE="JML897"] If not based on stats then what should it be based on?JML897

Lebron James

Derrick Rose

Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.

:lol: No. Even Lebron said Derrick deserved it that year. He had an amazing year and was the main reason behind the success of the Bulls that year.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="JML897"]Rose won because journalists were butthurt over Lebron's decision. In my opinion "journalist butthurt" should not be a factor when it comes to MVP voting. Lebron should have won.JML897

I'm a Bulls fan who hated Lebron during that season I still don't really root for him but objectively speaking he's clearly better than everyone else right now

People overreacted to the decision. I never had a problem with him over that.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]

Lebron James

Derrick Rose

TheWalkingGhost

:lol: No. Even Lebron said Derrick deserved it that year. He had an amazing year and was the main reason behind the success of the Bulls that year.

Is he suppose to say otherwise when his rep was already trash?JML is right. Journalists were extremely butthurt (See: Wilbon, Wojnarowski) about Lebron and they found an out with Rose. Not surprisingly, the MVP couldn't defeat Lebron.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="JML897"]

DroidPhysX

Is he suppose to say otherwise when his rep was already trash?JML is right. Journalists were extremely butthurt (See: Wilbon, Wojnarowski) about Lebron and they found an out with Rose. Not surprisingly, the MVP couldn't defeat Lebron.

No, JML is wrong. There is more to the MVP than just stats. Can you deny that rose had a great year and was clearly deserving of that award? FYI, basketball is a team sport and the Bulls couldn't defeat the Heat, not rose couldn't defeat Lebron. And the Heat lost the finals that year.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

lol Basketball.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]:lol: No. Even Lebron said Derrick deserved it that year. He had an amazing year and was the main reason behind the success of the Bulls that year. TheWalkingGhost

No, JML is wrong. There is more to the MVP than just stats. Can you deny that rose had a great year and was clearly deserving of that award? FYI, basketball is a team sport and the Bulls couldn't defeat the Heat, not rose couldn't defeat Lebron. And the Heat lost the finals that year.

Not as much of a team sport as you think it is. Look at the Cavs before Lebron left and look at them after he left. Team sport, right?
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Can't stand him, way too much attitude. He needs to be taken down a few notches and stop thinking he is a god.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 heeweesRus

lol Basketball.

Obviously_Right

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

lol Basketball.

heeweesRus

Yet you still read through the thread :lol:

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jagged3dge

lmao @ kk calling him Lebrick. Bro, this isn't 2011. DroidPhysX

Ironic he has LeBron playing a violin in his sig, it's like he's trolling himself

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Can't stand him, way too much attitude. He needs to be taken down a few notches and stop thinking he is a god.Rattlesnake_8
Hell yeah shame on that man for having confidence,we need more low self esteem people in this world
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 heeweesRus

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

lol Basketball.

Jagged3dge

Someone's butthurt that the NBA will never be as big as the NFL :lol:
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

heeweesRus

Someone's butthurt that the NBA will never be as big as the NFL :lol:

Why would I care about how popular a sport I like is?  That's just stupid.

I like football also, but the action just doesn't compare imo.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DroidPhysX
Lebron won 121/122 votes with one voter giving melo a vote. Fvcking idiot.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 JML897
one voter giving melo a vote.DroidPhysX
lmao Is it anonymous or can we see who voted for who? Voting Durant #1 would be wrong but acceptable, voting Carmelo #1 is just being bad at following basketball