SHOCKING NEWS: LeBron wins fourth MVP award

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9239537/2013-nba-playoffs-lebron-james-miami-heat-named-mvp-fourth

lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

tumblr_m0bcs4YhdE1qd8sn0o1_400.gif

hail to the king, plebs

#2 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -

tumblr_mduc64a5051rsuyhco1_500.png

Should have been 5 in a row.

#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award.

#4 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award.

Pirate700

lol implying he wouldn't win those too. :P

#5 Posted by Wasdie (53456 posts) -

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award because otherwise, he's just going to automatically keep winning it.

Pirate700

That's exactly what most valuable player means.

:|

#6 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Meh, the award becomes meaningless when it keeps going to the same guy. They should just change it to the most outstanding or best player award because otherwise, he's just going to automatically keep winning it.

Wasdie

It's what it means now. If LBJ wasn't on the Heat, they'd still be a playoff team. There are other players in the league who, if they weren't on their team, they wouldn't even be competitive thus they are arguably more valuable to their team. 

#7 Posted by Diablo-B (4063 posts) -

Pirate700
Actually the award losing meaning only if we don't give it to the best player, which he is
#8 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

It's what it means now. If LBJ wasn't on the Heat, they'd still be a playoff team. There are other players in the league who, if they weren't on their team, they wouldn't even be competitive thus they are arguably more valuable to their team. 

MVP doesn't mean most valuable player on a specific team, it means most valuable player in the whole league. LeBron is by far the best player currently so giving it to anyone else would be stupid.

#9 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Aljosa23

MVP doesn't mean most valuable player on a specific team, it means most valuable player in the whole league. LeBron is by far the best player currently so giving it to anyone else would be stupid.

Eh fair enough. It just gets boring when it's always the same guy winning it. I guess I'd like the guidlines to be where at least someone else has a chance.

#10 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]It's what it means now. If LBJ wasn't on the Heat, they'd still be a playoff team. There are other players in the league who, if they weren't on their team, they wouldn't even be competitive thus they are arguably more valuable to their team. 

Pirate700

Eh fair enough. It just gets boring when it's always the same guy winning it. I guess I'd like the guidlines to be where at least someone else has a chance.

But what kind of message does that send to kids? Telling them that even if you're the best somebody else should get the award because of fairness. Why are you advocating the pussification of society, Pirate?

:P

#11 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]MVP doesn't mean most valuable player on a specific team, it means most valuable player in the whole league. LeBron is by far the best player currently so giving it to anyone else would be stupid.

Aljosa23

But what kind of message does that send to kids? Telling them that even if you're the best somebody else should get the award because of fairness. Why are you advocating the pussification of society, Pirate?

:P

:lol: Maybe the other players are offended that he always wins. :P

#12 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

Pirate700

I can bet Carmelo Anthony is furious

lol Knicks fans

#13 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
There's literally no argument you can use against Lebron being MVP other than "him winning it all the time is boring". He was clearly the most deserving player.
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Aljosa23

lol Knicks fans

Isn't there some kind of award for ball hogging?

#15 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Aljosa23

lol Knicks fans

lol Sun Tzu will rage when the Celtics win
#16 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

kingkong0124

lol Knicks fans

lol Sun Tzu will rage when the Celtics win

Yeah it'll be funny stuff. :P

Sun has some wacky sports opinions

#17 Posted by Silverbond (16130 posts) -

shouldve gone to kobe

#18 Posted by lowkey254 (5964 posts) -

Congratulations are in order.

#19 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

shouldve gone to kobe

Silverbond
#20 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -
Melo is garbage
#21 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
Melo is garbageDroidPhysX
He shouldn't even end up in the top 10 for MVP imo
#22 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -
[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

shouldve gone to kobe

Allicrombie

Alli marry me
#23 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

shouldve gone to kobe

kingkong0124

Alli marry me

you feeling ok? >.>
#24 Posted by heeweesRus (5492 posts) -

Should've gone to Durant.

#25 Posted by Starchaser187 (451 posts) -

shouldve gone to kobe

Silverbond
#26 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Allicrombie
Alli marry me

you feeling ok? >.>

plz
#27 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

Meanwhile the Stanley Cup playoffs actually remain interesting and competitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#28 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
Quite possibly the most overrated player in sports history.
#29 Posted by heeweesRus (5492 posts) -

Quite possibly the most overrated player in sports history.Heirren
Nah, that would be Peyton Manning.

#30 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
Lebron the God should of won DPOY too
#31 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
I went to a sports forum to glance at the adulation and the rage flying around, and sure enough it was there in spades. Grown men really need to stop being so emotionally about what a bunch of overpaid twenty-somethings do.
#32 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

LOL

#33 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Quite possibly the most overrated player in sports history.Aljosa23

LOL

Why laugh, it's true.
#34 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Quite possibly the most overrated player in sports history.Heirren

LOL

Why laugh, it's true.

Name 1 current player that's better than him
#35 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

How?

#36 Posted by heeweesRus (5492 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]LOL

Bucked20

Why laugh, it's true.

Ibaka

#37 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Quite possibly the most overrated player in sports history.Heirren

LOL

Why laugh, it's true.

No it isn't lol

#38 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]LOLBucked20
Why laugh, it's true.

Kobe. I think Russel Wesbrook is probably the all around best raw athlete in the league, but he lacks the smarts in the game quite often Lebrun lacks that WIN mentality--that instinct--that players like Kobe have. Lebron almost always dumps the ball off when in crunch time.
#39 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

Birdman is closet MVP of the year. Shame Lebron overshadows everyone in the NBA.

Avatar image for michael_1234576
#40 Posted by michael_1234576 (8631 posts) -
he's a douche
#41 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15755 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Why laugh, it's true.

Kobe. I think Russel Wesbrook is probably the all around best raw athlete in the league, but he lacks the smarts in the game quite often Lebrun lacks that WIN mentality--that instinct--that players like Kobe have. Lebron almost always dumps the ball off when in crunch time.

So....what about the other 45 minutes on the court?
#42 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Name 1 current player that's better than him

So....what about the other 45 minutes on the court?

Lebron is still a good player--he just lacks finesse and looks downright clumsy at times. Ron Artest(forgot his new name, lol) is another player that's very overhyped. You can look at a stat sheet all you want, but it's a game and the point is to win. Kobe has proven time and time again he knows how to do this. He's the type of player where the other team KNOWS there is a very high probability he's going to take the shot, and he'll still come through.. The guy is the best since Jordan. Fact of the matter is the league isn't what it used to be. The league needs stars, and advertising creates this. In the past, there was almost a team player that was almost a mascot of sorts--Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glide, Tim Hardaway, Isaia, Reggie Miller, etc. the image the league has right now isn't so great anymore because of player conduct. Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.
#43 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.Heirren
I live in the Chicago area. I think literally every single Bulls game this season was broadcast on either local Chicago TV or national TV.
#44 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.JML897
I live in the Chicago area. I think literally every single Bulls game this season was broadcast on either local Chicago TV or national TV.

Yeah, no. Even the playoffs weren't.
#45 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.Heirren

Yeah, no. Even the playoffs weren't.

Do you somehow not get Comcast Sports Net?

All I know is I've watched every Bulls game of this year's playoffs and I don't have any special NBA packages.

#46 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
btw Lebron is one of the 5 best players to ever play in the NBA. He is extremely good at basketball. To illustrate how good he is: "In his 10 worst games this season, LeBron averaged 19.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, and 5.2 assists. LeBron James on a bad day is basically Scottie Pippen on a good one. " And that's Scottie f*cking Pippen, a hall-of-famer and one of the 50 best players ever.
#47 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29919 posts) -

Lebron is still a good player--he just lacks finesse and looks downright clumsy at times. Ron Artest(forgot his new name, lol) is another player that's very overhyped. You can look at a stat sheet all you want, but it's a game and the point is to win. Kobe has proven time and time again he knows how to do this. He's the type of player where the other team KNOWS there is a very high probability he's going to take the shot, and he'll still come through.. The guy is the best since Jordan. Fact of the matter is the league isn't what it used to be. The league needs stars, and advertising creates this. In the past, there was almost a team player that was almost a mascot of sorts--Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glide, Tim Hardaway, Isaia, Reggie Miller, etc. the image the league has right now isn't so great anymore because of player conduct. Its why you don't see as many games broadcast on national tv, or even your own team on your local channels. I live in Chicago and hardly any games are broadcast on regular television.Heirren
LeBron lacks finesse and looks clumsy? Have you even seen the guy play? No one is able to stop him when he's on a fast break. He can create his own shot in any given situation. LeBron can play every single position and play them well. He's anything but clumsy and that's literally the only time I've heard that criticism. LeBron breaking down in crunch time might have been valid 18 months ago but not now, certainly not since he won his first Championship and is in an even better position to win another.

I don't really understand what the rest of your post has to do with LeBron. I'd argue the NBA is as entertaining as ever and definitely the highest it's been in terms of skill level ever. I live in Canada and we regularly get NBA season (not just the Raptors) and playoff games.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#48 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

Pirate700
It became meaningless when it becomes based solely on stats and to prop up other players.
#49 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

TheWalkingGhost
It became meaningless when it becomes based solely on stats and to prop up other players.

If not based on stats then what should it be based on?
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#50 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

JML897

If not based on stats then what should it be based on?

Lebron James

26.7 PPG 7.5 RPG 7.0 APG 1.6 SPG 0.6 BPG

Derrick Rose

25.0 PPG 4.1 RPG 7.7 APG 1.0 SPG 0.6 BPG

Who won the MVP award the year these two did this and why?