Russia cracks down on pastafarians.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

yeah... most people don't respect the WBC but they still have the right to hate gay people and be assholes out in public

lightleggy

not even that...I was thinking "Who the hell actually believes pastafarianism is anything but an internet meme?"  Some people can't be assed to learn for themselves though

So keep it in the internet, because these guys didn't and it's pretty damn clear they are not leaving it just on there.

No.  Your feelings have no bearing on law and who gets labeled 'hate group' or gets arrested.  But I guess if this fake religion meme was not criticizing your own beleifs you wouldn't give two shits.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#152 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

not even that...I was thinking "Who the hell actually believes pastafarianism is anything but an internet meme?"  Some people can't be assed to learn for themselves though

wis3boi

So keep it in the internet, because these guys didn't and it's pretty damn clear they are not leaving it just on there.

No.  Your feelings have no bearing on law and who gets labeled 'hate group' or gets arrested.  But I guess if this fake religion meme was not criticizing your own beleifs you wouldn't give two shits.

Lol I don't care about laws that defend people who are doing nothing but mocking others, yes if it would be up to me, freedom of expression wouldn't apply in such cases. And no, I'd still care, the same way that I care about gay rights and fight against homophobia even thought I'm not gay.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
I really don't think what I'm saying here is that hard to grasp. If you don't agree with the beliefs of some people its ok, just don't rub it in their faces that's all. This works both ways, for the religious and nonreligious and for any two parties disagreeing on something that is completely intellectual, philosophical or spiritual.GazaAli
Ya but at the end of the day you can't have your cake and eat it too. The problem is you can't sit here and practice your beliefs with no bother and then on top of it not have people who are against those beliefs demonstrating why they don't believe in them. Really what they are demonstrating is their beliefs, in which if they are offensive you don't have a right to stop them as they don't have a right to stop. Yes, there are times where rallies are a little nuts and unnecessary, and some times straight over the top, but that is what freedom of religion does for you.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] So keep it in the internet, because these guys didn't and it's pretty damn clear they are not leaving it just on there.lightleggy

Lol I don't care about laws that defend people who are doing nothing but mocking others, yes if it would be up to me, freedom of expression wouldn't apply in such cases. And no, I'd still care, the same way that I care about gay rights and fight against homophobia even thought I'm not gay.

so we're ok with banning satire because it offends people...yeah, glad you aren't running the country.  Your labeling of pastafarianism satire as a hate group is laughable and insane.  Freedom of speech and expression goes both ways and if you don't like it, suck it up or move to a more restricitve country that caters to your emotions

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] So keep it in the internet, because these guys didn't and it's pretty damn clear they are not leaving it just on there.lightleggy

What an awful idea

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#156 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am very happy that BranKetra has no meaningful say about what goes on in the states. Days like these make me take comfort in the fact that one person really doesn't fvcking matter.

coolbeans90
Do you feel better after acting like an Internet Tough Guy? If I were talking about the 'states,' I would be off-topic since this thread is about Russia and Pastafarianism.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 wis3boi

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

I am very happy that BranKetra has no meaningful say about what goes on in the states. Days like these make me take comfort in the fact that one person really doesn't fvcking matter.

BranKetra

Do you feel better after acting like an Internet Tough Guy? If I were talking about the 'states,' I would be off-topic since this thread is about Russia and Pastafarianism.

no