Russia cracks down on pastafarians.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The outrage!

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/24/20153441-humor-failure-in-russia-crackdown-on-pastafarians-shows-kremlin-church-ties?lite

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
First good thing Russia has done in a long time
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

What Russia should really be working on is improving road safety and getting drunk drivers the hell off the road. Or they all need their eyes checked. The corrupt police need to take a hike, as well.

I'll just leave this for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C_yVh-OqYw

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
So they really haven't made any improvements since the 1960's. It's just a bunch of shellac that is not crumbling away revealing the rusted, ancient core.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44639 Posts
they must not like pasta... I mean I heard as a cultural movement Russia wanted to do away with foreign words to preserve their own language, and not use words like "hot dog" or "pizza", guess "pasta" must be an affront to their ultranationalistic sensibilities of preserving a pure Russian culture
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli
So the appropriate response to non-violent actions which may be insensitive is violent repression? They make fun of what others believe because to them, those beliefs are absurd. They have just as much right to voice those beliefs as religious people have to proselytize theirs. To advocate or even to be apathetic about violence against them just because their beliefs make you uncomfortable is disgusting. No matter what anyone says, it's not okay to respond to words with violence.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58441 Posts

What Russia should really be working on is improving road safety and getting drunk drivers the hell off the road. Or they all need their eyes checked. The corrupt police need to take a hike, as well.

I'll just leave this for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C_yVh-OqYw

gamerguru100

if that was not occuring in public, to the public, it'd be hilarious.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli
What if they have strong faith in His noodly appendage?
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44639 Posts
yes, we should respect the beliefs of everyone, even if those beliefs say to everyone that unless you believe what they believe you're a godless heathen with no moral compass that will burn in Hell for all eternity
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.lamprey263
yes, we should respect the beliefs of everyone, even if those beliefs say to everyone that unless you believe what they believe you're a godless heathen with no moral compass that will burn in Hell for all eternity

fsm.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

They aren't making fun of religion just for the sake of it. It's protesting how religion is being forced onto them. 

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.famicommander
So the appropriate response to non-violent actions which may be insensitive is violent repression? They make fun of what others believe because to them, those beliefs are absurd. They have just as much right to voice those beliefs as religious people have to proselytize theirs. To advocate or even to be apathetic about violence against them just because their beliefs make you uncomfortable is disgusting. No matter what anyone says, it's not okay to respond to words with violence.

I'm not applauding the violence inflected on them, I'm just unsympathetic or apathetic. If it was up to me I wouldn't have responded to their march with violence. And let's try to not have double standards. The law punishes hate speech, homophobic speech...etc why shouldn't it punish disrespectful speech against religious people? Are they lesser people because some just don't like religion? Also I don't understand how you're justifying their actions by saying that they're making fun of religious people's beliefs because to them they are absurd. They can fvck right off if they do find them absurd, its none of their business. On the other hand, they have every right to criticize these beliefs specially when they affect their lives one way or another.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli

I'm not applauding the violence inflected on them, I'm just unsympathetic or apathetic. If it was up to me I wouldn't have responded to their march with violence. And let's try to not have double standards. The law punishes hate speech, homophobic speech...etc why shouldn't it punish disrespectful speech against religious people? Are they lesser people because some just don't like religion? Also I don't understand how you're justifying their actions by saying that they're making fun of religious people's beliefs because to them they are absurd. They can fvck right off if they do find them absurd, its none of their business. On the other hand, they have every right to criticize these beliefs specially when they affect their lives one way or another.

Actually Russian law forbids not being homophobic.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.toast_burner

They aren't making fun of religion just for the sake of it. It's protesting how religion is being forced onto them. 

Which is something I have absolutely nothing against. If religion somewhere is affecting how nonreligious folks live their lives I do acknowledge their right to voice their opposition and fight back if they must. There is just no need to incite hatred in society by patronizing others you disagree with. It just serves no purpose and is not in the benefit of anyone.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxhound_fox
why shouldn't it punish disrespectful speech against religious people? GazaAli
Telling someone their beliefs are stupid is not defamatory or libelous. Religion does not entitle you to be free from offense in a public place. The freedom of speech allows people to communicate openly and freely with others, and allow them to work out their differences through discussion and debate.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli

Which is something I have absolutely nothing against. If religion somewhere is affecting how nonreligious folks live their lives I do acknowledge their right to voice their opposition and fight back if they must. There is just no need to incite hatred in society by patronizing others you disagree with. It just serves no purpose and is not in the benefit of anyone.

Freedom of religion is a basic human right. If someone else's religion offends you that's your problem.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="famicommander"] So the appropriate response to non-violent actions which may be insensitive is violent repression? They make fun of what others believe because to them, those beliefs are absurd. They have just as much right to voice those beliefs as religious people have to proselytize theirs. To advocate or even to be apathetic about violence against them just because their beliefs make you uncomfortable is disgusting. No matter what anyone says, it's not okay to respond to words with violence. toast_burner

Actually Russian law forbids not being homophobic.

I'm not particularly talking about Russia here. But since you brought this up, Russia is on the wrong because of its homophobic laws. Not because I approve of homosexuality but simply because of "live and let live".
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

derp, fvck russia, hope it will trigger a whole new wave of converting to pastafarianism.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]They aren't making fun of religion just for the sake of it. It's protesting how religion is being forced onto them. KC_Hokie

Freedom of religion is a basic human right. If someone else's religion offends you that's your problem.

That's out of context. Pastafarianism is a "religion" that has been founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and a parody of Christianity.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli

Give me a break. :lol:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foxhound_fox
That's out of context. Pastafarianism is a "religion" that has been founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and a parody of Christianity.GazaAli
Christianity wasn't founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and parody of Roman paganism?
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] Which is something I have absolutely nothing against. If religion somewhere is affecting how nonreligious folks live their lives I do acknowledge their right to voice their opposition and fight back if they must. There is just no need to incite hatred in society by patronizing others you disagree with. It just serves no purpose and is not in the benefit of anyone.GazaAli

That's out of context. Pastafarianism is a "religion" that has been founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and a parody of Christianity.

Who cares?

Get over it.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] Which is something I have absolutely nothing against. If religion somewhere is affecting how nonreligious folks live their lives I do acknowledge their right to voice their opposition and fight back if they must. There is just no need to incite hatred in society by patronizing others you disagree with. It just serves no purpose and is not in the benefit of anyone.

Still a religious belief based on 'prove yours is right and I'll stop believing in mine'.
DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DavesAlt
Member since 2012 • 950 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.GazaAli

Here in the US, hate speech is only punishable if it incites violence or other prejudice actions against groups. So homophobic speech is prefectly allowed. Why the The WBC is able to do what it does.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]why shouldn't it punish disrespectful speech against religious people? foxhound_fox
Telling someone their beliefs are stupid is not defamatory or libelous. Religion does not entitle you to be free from offense in a public place. The freedom of speech allows people to communicate openly and freely with others, and allow them to work out their differences through discussion and debate.

This is the same old broken record. You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society. I just can't see what good does it serve to allow certain people to incite hatred and disunite people for no good reason, just so they can say whatever they want. This is a load of BS. In our own social life we on daily basis practice self-restraint when dealing with others so that we can continue to maintain healthy and productive relationships with people around us and continue to be accepted in the different walks of society. Its funny how people keep advocating for absolute freedom of speech while they can't say one word when their boss at work takes a dump on them, all the time, or when they stfu so they can continue to have access to a vagina And the list goes on and on.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]That's out of context. Pastafarianism is a "religion" that has been founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and a parody of Christianity.foxhound_fox
Christianity wasn't founded for the sole purpose of being a satire and parody of Roman paganism?

:roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]why shouldn't it punish disrespectful speech against religious people? GazaAli

This is the same old broken record. You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society. I just can't see what good does it serve to allow certain people to incite hatred and disunite people for no good reason, just so they can say whatever they want. This is a load of BS. In our own social life we on daily basis practice self-restraint when dealing with others so that we can continue to maintain healthy and productive relationships with people around us and continue to be accepted in the different walks of society. Its funny how people keep advocating for absolute freedom of speech while they can't say one word when their boss at work takes a dump on them, all the time, or when they stfu so they can continue to have access to a vagina And the list goes on and on.

How do you know they were trying to incite hatred?

Satire and hate aren't the same. 

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KC_Hokie
Love the way some people act like certain religions are based around facts and if you question it you're being 'disrespectful', but in reality all religions are based around faith and not facts.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society.GazaAli

I don't like this mentality to be honest.  We don't have to respect someone's belief, only their right to hold those beliefs.  

Should I respect my neighbors belief that homosexuals are sinful creatures going to hell?  I don't think so.  The idea that I have to respect my neighbors beliefs is pure garbage.  

This is even ignoring that such an attitude is ambiguous, people get offended for different reasons and it would be impossible to determine what speech is appropriate of not. 

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society.HoolaHoopMan

I don't like this mentality to be honest.  We don't have to respect someone's belief, only their right to hold those beliefs.  

Should I respect my neighbors belief that homosexuals are sinful creatures going to hell?  I don't think so.  The idea that I have to respect my neighbors beliefs is pure garbage.  

This is even ignoring that such an attitude is ambiguous, people get offended for different reasons and it would be impossible to determine what speech is appropriate of not. 

Exactly. Prior to the concept of freedom of speech...people took out their differences with duels and 'honor' and all that crap.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli
I really don't think what I'm saying here is that hard to grasp. If you don't agree with the beliefs of some people its ok, just don't rub it in their faces that's all. This works both ways, for the religious and nonreligious and for any two parties disagreeing on something that is completely intellectual, philosophical or spiritual.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KC_Hokie
I really don't think what I'm saying here is that hard to grasp. If you don't agree with the beliefs of some people its ok, just don't rub it in their faces that's all. This works both ways, for the religious and nonreligious and for any two parties disagreeing on something that is completely intellectual, philosophical or spiritual.GazaAli
And all you have to do is turn away from that protest or parade or whatever. That's the point. Ignore speech you don't like or speak out against it.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
First good thing Russia has done in a long timeJML897
You think that people not having freedom of speech and assembly is a good thing?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society.HoolaHoopMan

Respecting a belief or an idea is not about approving of it, its just about the rejection of that idea or belief in a respectful way. You can tell your neighbor that his beliefs are inhumane or uncivilized or whatever or you can dress up like a FSM and taunt him all day its your choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society.GazaAli

Respecting a belief or an idea is not about approving of it, its just about the rejection of that idea or belief in a respectful way. You can tell your neighbor that his beliefs are inhumane or uncivilized or whatever or you can dress up like a FSM and taunt him all day its your choice.

By that logic they should ban Christianity. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]First good thing Russia has done in a long timeLaihendi
You think that people not having freedom of speech and assembly is a good thing?

Yes. I think that is good thing. [spoiler] I wasn't being completely serious [/spoiler]
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I really don't think what I'm saying here is that hard to grasp. If you don't agree with the beliefs of some people its ok, just don't rub it in their faces that's all. This works both ways, for the religious and nonreligious and for any two parties disagreeing on something that is completely intellectual, philosophical or spiritual.KC_Hokie
And all you have to do is turn away from that protest or parade or whatever. That's the point. Ignore speech you don't like or speak out against it.

I'd do that no problem, but it seems some other people are unable to for some reason. You won't be able to make these people disappear and it would be dangerous to let such tension and hostility build up in a society, it serves no purpose. Was it that important for these people to do what they did? How would you feel if I marched the streets of the U.S wearing a fake explosive belt while rubbing the U.S constitution against my balls?
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society.GazaAli

In all honesty, these people wouldn't be out in the streets mocking religion if said religion wasn't trying to permeate society with their beliefs. Its a satirical response. If people can't take a little criticism then they shouldn't be trying to promote their beliefs. People have different views on what 'respectful' would actually entail. It would become too muddled.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

toast_burner

elaborate :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] Respecting a belief or an idea is not about approving of it, its just about the rejection of that idea or belief in a respectful way. You can tell your neighbor that his beliefs are inhumane or uncivilized or whatever or you can dress up like a FSM and taunt him all day its your choice. GazaAli

Christians often march in public insulting other peoples beliefs. Usually in a much more direct way. 

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]I really don't think what I'm saying here is that hard to grasp. If you don't agree with the beliefs of some people its ok, just don't rub it in their faces that's all. This works both ways, for the religious and nonreligious and for any two parties disagreeing on something that is completely intellectual, philosophical or spiritual.GazaAli

I'd do that no problem, but it seems some other people are unable to for some reason. You won't be able to make these people disappear and it would be dangerous to let such tension and hostility build up in a society, it serves no purpose. Was it that important for these people to do what they did? How would you feel if I marched the streets of the U.S wearing a fake explosive belt while rubbing the U.S constitution against my balls?

Well when you crack down on those protests you get violence and drive them underground often resulting in further violence. When you tolerate speech and religion you disagree with the results are peaceful.

Pretty simple.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

HoolaHoopMan

In all honesty, these people wouldn't be out in the streets mocking religion if said religion wasn't trying to permeate society with their beliefs. Its a satirical response. If people can't take a little criticism then they shouldn't be trying to promote their beliefs. People have different views on what 'respectful' would actually entail. It would become too muddled.

I acknowledge their right to voice their opposition to the fact that a religious belief may be affecting their own lives. To try and change that they can either do what they did in which case they would go nowhere, or to voice their opposition and fight back in a way that would not allow anyone to stand in their way and exclude them from the political and social life of the state. They chose unwisely because its the end that matters.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]By that logic they should ban Christianity. 

toast_burner

Christians often march in public insulting other peoples beliefs. Usually in a much more direct way. 

If they're doing that then I hold the same views on them. Regardless what you said is out of context since "my logic" does not say anything about banning atheism.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]This is the same old broken record. You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society. I just can't see what good does it serve to allow certain people to incite hatred and disunite people for no good reason, just so they can say whatever they want. This is a load of BS. In our own social life we on daily basis practice self-restraint when dealing with others so that we can continue to maintain healthy and productive relationships with people around us and continue to be accepted in the different walks of society. Its funny how people keep advocating for absolute freedom of speech while they can't say one word when their boss at work takes a dump on them, all the time, or when they stfu so they can continue to have access to a vagina And the list goes on and on.

Whoa, look out guys, we gotta professional victim here. The beauty of the freedom to say whatever you want while respecting other people's physical sovereignty (i.e. merely talking) is that those who are being insulted can "return fire" with comments of their own. The government should not regulate the "respect and social fabric of society". We should expect our fellow citizens to be capable of that on our own, and recognize the trolls when we see them.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

methinks you didn't get the joke behind the spaghetti monster and why it was created

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GazaAli
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]This is the same old broken record. You believe in absolute freedom of speech, I believe in freedom of speech that preserves respect and maintains the social fabric of a society. I just can't see what good does it serve to allow certain people to incite hatred and disunite people for no good reason, just so they can say whatever they want. This is a load of BS. In our own social life we on daily basis practice self-restraint when dealing with others so that we can continue to maintain healthy and productive relationships with people around us and continue to be accepted in the different walks of society. Its funny how people keep advocating for absolute freedom of speech while they can't say one word when their boss at work takes a dump on them, all the time, or when they stfu so they can continue to have access to a vagina And the list goes on and on.

Whoa, look out guys, we gotta professional victim here. The beauty of the freedom to say whatever you want while respecting other people's physical sovereignty (i.e. merely talking) is that those who are being insulted can "return fire" with comments of their own. The government should not regulate the "respect and social fabric of society". We should expect our fellow citizens to be capable of that on our own, and recognize the trolls when we see them.

How does that make me a professional victim :?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]If you want to troll people then you must be ready to face the consequences of your actions. I wouldn't comment this way if they actually had a mature and respectful agenda regardless if it collides with others beliefs. But to march the streets making fun of what others hold dear and sacred just for the hell of it, no.wis3boi

methinks you didn't get the joke behind the spaghetti monster and why it was created

I did. I read about Henderson's letter to the education board of Kansas or Texas I don't remember.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Well Pastafarianism is actually a real religion. So whatever they do is their right, if Christians feel offended they can cry a river. A lot of things they do might offend other religions and they can still do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] elaborate :roll:GazaAli

If they're doing that then I hold the same views on them. Regardless what you said is out of context since "my logic" does not say anything about banning atheism.

Yet as soon as they stop doing that, so will pastafarians. 

They're trying to draw light onto an issue that is usually ignored.Â