Rugby is so stupid.

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
It's actually quite cool, I love it.
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts

note to OP: Rugby isnt american football, hence the different rules.

solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
This is basically a thread about how the OP can't understand the game and therefore wants it to be more like FOOOOOOOOTBAAAAALLL YEAH FOOTBALL!!!. I can hardly understand american football but does it mean I dismiss it completely out of hand? No, I try and understand it and see why people enjoy it.
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
I honestly can't stand it. Living in NZ, it gets front and back page exposure - All Black selection got equal news exposure with a recent cop killing - but I detest it for so many reasons.
stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

I live in Australia and Rugby is a big sport, but I don't really like, you know why, I don't hate the game, I just hate those lads/chavs who plays it.

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
just dont call the real football soccer okay? Where you actually play it with a BALL and KİCK it with your feet.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

Yeah, to be honest, rugby would be more fun if it played more like american footballavatar_genius

That's because it's Rugby...not American Football.

I really don't understand what you're trying to get at with this topic.All you're doing is complaining about a something you don't fully understand,and quit before you even took the time to.That's like saying a foreign language is stupid after you've only learned a couple of phrases.

What you're saying here could be said for ANY sport that someone has little knowlege of.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
There are backwards passes even in football. Theyre called lateral, dude dawg diggidy. Its too bad youre wussing out on rugby. You could have at least picked a cool reason, like your face got stepped on.
Superbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Superbored
Member since 2008 • 1187 Posts

[QUOTE="super_mario_128"][QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

I'll vent my justified opinion ona truly stupid game if I damn well please, homey.

Kind of hard to form an opinion on a sport when you haven't even played a match of it.

Rules that don't make sense turn me off really fast.

"You can only pass to a player if they are behind you going toward your endzone, that's right. It is completely counter-intuitive to the way most sports games work."

Thats exactly how the NFL works if you haven't noticed. The only players that usual makes forward passes in football are the quaterbacks and they have to be behind the line of scrammage to do so. So considering 99% of all NFL players/positions do NOT make forward passes I don't really see how this doesn't make any sense.

druglord6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 druglord6
Member since 2005 • 1030 Posts

i love rugby. sometimes it gets so rough its like a controlled riot. with tactics lol.

druglord6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 druglord6
Member since 2005 • 1030 Posts

and how is this not aggressive?

Juice_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Juice_13
Member since 2009 • 293 Posts

When I first started watching rugby, I had no idea what was going on. Once you get a hold of what is going on, it's very fun and entertaining. Also a very brutal sport. And I don't agree with the ehtire "the rules make no sense and they prevent you from trying to get into the endzone" agrument that you put forth, and I will jsut leave it at that. Every sport has their own rules, including rugby. If you don't like them, don't play. Simple as that.

snobas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 snobas
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

Don't talk bad things about rugby bro. Some All Blacks might kill you.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
that's why football is far superior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

You pass backwards instead of forwards, therefore the logic behind the game is backwards? lulz

links136

Coincidence?

Like I said, the game feels compulsively nonconformist.

Anything obvious is against the rules, like no blocking allowed and passing backwards.

if every sport was challenge-less then why would you play it? Passing backwards and no blocking gives it more of a challenge and to get people to work as a team rather than as individuals. I mean could you imagine if soccer had no offside, hockey had no blue line, football had no line of scrimmage, or a basketball hoop five feet wide? I mean why do those things exist? They go against logic

I like playing as an individual.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

Coincidence?

Like I said, the game feels compulsively nonconformist.

Anything obvious is against the rules, like no blocking allowed and passing backwards.

if every sport was challenge-less then why would you play it? Passing backwards and no blocking gives it more of a challenge and to get people to work as a team rather than as individuals. I mean could you imagine if soccer had no offside, hockey had no blue line, football had no line of scrimmage, or a basketball hoop five feet wide? I mean why do those things exist? They go against logic

I like playing as an individual.

Then don't join team sports? Rugby is a team sport. Football is also a team sport. What kind of point are you trying to make here? I don't see one. I played football all my life and I never heard any where its an individual sport. It takes 11 guys on each side of the ball to play. You can't play football by yourself... Anyways.. individuals are weak.. groups/teams are strong, especially when they are working together for a common goal.

I really have no idea where you're going with this thread.. nothing you're saying makes much sense.. it all comes across I'm 15 and want to everything done my way... type attitude

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

I'm not gonna lie.

When the guy was trying to explain the rules and gameplay to me today, I thought "Why?"

its good to question "Why?", just dont be negative about it.

It would be better if you could be more aggressive with it, that's why I don't like it, that's why I'll stick to things like basketball, football, and soccer and avoid this game. Aggression and competition in a sport should be encouraged, not discouraged and even "penalized."

To call rugby non-aggressive...well, simply put, you've admittely never played/watched rugby, therefore you're forming an opinion on something you know nothing about. Meh, I critisize some sports, but I've played them, I played football (american) for 4 years, was boring, too many delays, no real impact hitting, I played middle linebacker. Rugby is an intelligent game, it's very violent, but it requires a ton of strategy, all the rules make perfect sense if you play the game. Why should blocking be allowed, in a game that doesn't stop when someone hits the turf? Proper rucking and mauling can win you games, given the right strategy. Rugby hits, in my experience, as quite a bit harder than football, and you don't get any time to recover, you just need to keep going in it, you should either play the game, or learn the game, then come up with some proper criticisms, rather than quit half way through a practice (which is weak), and claim to know anything about it.
Avatar image for dundermuffin666
dundermuffin666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 dundermuffin666
Member since 2009 • 202 Posts

No! How dare you insult the mighty rugby?!?!?! Rugby wipes the floor with you stupid americans and your stupid football game!!!!!!!!!1

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
It's only stupid because you are not used to it. Hence, you are stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 avatar_genius

It's only stupid because you are not used to it. Hence, you are stupid.skinnypete91

Oh me.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#121 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

Rugby can be sorta boring to watch for me anyway but I quite like playing it.

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
I don't like it all that much.
Avatar image for Never3ndingLife
Never3ndingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123 Never3ndingLife
Member since 2009 • 1114 Posts
im not a fan of it.. it's just that i dont understand it. people say its just like football, but it doesnt look like it
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

[QUOTE="Taegukki"]

That's the whole point of rugby, it's not supposed to be a namby-pamby girl sport. It's harder and that makes it a better game. Perhaps you're better suited to soccer.

I happen to love namby-pamby girl sports. Football, basketball, and soccer are great games and I love 'em.

Then rugby is not for you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a078b8de7122
deactivated-5a078b8de7122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 deactivated-5a078b8de7122
Member since 2009 • 380 Posts

I do not understand rugby, therefore I despise it....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 avatar_genius

im not a fan of it.. it's just that i dont understand it. people say its just like football, but it doesnt look like it Never3ndingLife

The rules are very different from football.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I honestly can't stand it. Living in NZ, it gets front and back page exposure - All Black selection got equal news exposure with a recent cop killing - but I detest it for so many reasons.D3nnyCrane
Lol yeah I got to admit that anything All black related seems to become the prime focus of every single news station. If the All Blacks won the next world cup and there was a terrorist attack on the Sky Tower, I really would not be surprised if rugby was the front page header. At least the domestic competitions aren't so glorified.

leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
What's wrong with the mechanics? please explain what you don't get about the game, Rugby has been around longer than American football, so may I ask questions like Why pass the ball forward, why tackle a player without the ball? Nothing against American Football, it's just your argument is crap.