Racism at UCSD. Are the retaliations justified?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

................................................ Huh? The radical majority of Europeans who moved to the colonies had little to no dealings with jews.. Or the time to worry about descriminating them.. Infact it was mostly the poor and indentured servents who started it.... Furthermore you clearly don't know the purpose of black history month, it has little to do with slavery as so much historians have been extremely bias in either underplaying the contribution of blacks or completely berating them as inferior people.. This is just for arguments sake, I personally couldn't care less... If it will expose people to more history by all means, lets have every month a history month for a differen tgroup of people.. People now a days seem to have little grasp in overall history, when it shapes the foundation of economics, social and political policy to this day.

sSubZerOo

And how would you know that..?

Now historians are biased..?

:| The vast collection of history that are taught within the europe and US for hundreds of yearsis of course bias to a euro centric vision to where they stereotype an entire other culture as inferior, savage.. Or they base those cultures achievements on the benchmarks of what the eurocentric vision deems as correct.. This really only started changing during the 1940 to 50's on word..

And is this in your opinion...?

I'd really have to research that though...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

... Where did I say the man is putting people down, I never said that.. I pointed out that due to these issues in environments where relatives grew up they were forced into poverty like situations in which it had a snow ball effect.. This isn't blaming any one, this pointing out facts why minorities in general are disportionately have great numbers under the poverty line that whites.. No where did I say it was "the white mans" fault of today, but your being ignorant if you think the political, social and economic environment from 60 to 70 years ago hasn't effected any one today.. :|

HermitGTX

There are more poor white people in America than any other type. Doesn't matter how they got poor. Poor people are poor people no matter what way you want to spin it.

HermitGTX I apparently must be talking in code, I never said that what so ever.... There is of course poor of all races.. I am merely pointing out on why a disportionate amount of poor are often times minortieis in these socieites to this day.. No where did I say "the white man has it easy" or any other such thing.. You seem to be completely ignorant of history :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

And how would you know that..?

Now historians are biased..?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

:| The vast collection of history that are taught within the europe and US for hundreds of yearsis of course bias to a euro centric vision to where they stereotype an entire other culture as inferior, savage.. Or they base those cultures achievements on the benchmarks of what the eurocentric vision deems as correct.. This really only started changing during the 1940 to 50's on word..

.................. Uhh its truth, perhapes you should read up the policies with what the United States did with the American Indian.. They viewed them as a savage, stupid people that thought they knew whats best with them, so they committed what many people call cultural genocide to "kill the savage, save the man" through boarding schools.. These same type of people were writing the history books.. Its why you should never use secondary sources for research thats older then you in history because history is constantly be rewritten and trying to be purged from bias..

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]How are they applying it to all blacks?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Black History Month noot Ghetto Black History Month. They knew it was Black History Month so they took a specific stereotype of blacks and used it to mock them.

Well, let's say it was white history month...and blacks had a redneck party...do you think anyone would make this much of a fuss?..

Yes. Every time something like this happens, someone tries to make the point you are making, saying "whites are mocked/ whites wouldn't have a problem.." etc. But no one can ever point out an instance to prove it. There are ethnic neighborhoods having events all over Chicago. I have never once seen a black group mock one of them. And yes, if it happened I think there would be a fuss.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

.................. Uhh its truth, perhapes you should read up the policies with what the United States did with the American Indian.. They viewed them as a savage, stupid people that thought they knew whats best with them, so they committed what many people call cultural genocide to "kill the savage, save the man" through boarding schools.. These same type of people were writing the history books.. Its why you should never use secondary sources for research thats older then you in history because history is constantly be rewritten and trying to be purged from bias..

Right...Columbus thought the natives were extraordinarily beautiful..and yes the way Amercian Indians were treated was wrong..but i don't really see them having a month either..

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

The whole idea of the party I don't have a problem with, but they obviously held it during Black History Month for the attention. It isn't racist, but it is offensive.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"] Black History Month noot Ghetto Black History Month. They knew it was Black History Month so they took a specific stereotype of blacks and used it to mock them.TBoogy

Well, let's say it was white history month...and blacks had a redneck party...do you think anyone would make this much of a fuss?..

Yes. Every time something like this happens, someone tries to make the point you are making, saying "whites are mocked/ whites wouldn't have a problem.." etc. But no one can ever point out an instance to prove it. There are ethnic neighborhoods having events all over Chicago. I have never once seen a black group mock one of them. And yes, if it happened I think there would be a fuss.

In your opinion..and go look up the Black Panthers...

And i do believe i pointed out many instances earlier in the thread..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Right...Columbus thought the natives were extraordinarily beautiful..and yes the way Amercian Indians were treated was wrong..but i don't really see them having a month either..

Columbus may have thought them beautiful that didn't stop him from believe their culture to be completely backwards, and savage.. While his society was superior in every way possible, Europeans often times wen tover these peopel by trying to "save them from their own wicked ways" and to go down the path of god through Christianity..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="TBoogy"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

... Well its bound to happen, like I said earlier some where some one will be insulted by it.. Furthermore what the hell does the Black Panthers have to do with this?

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] Yes. Every time something like this happens, someone tries to make the point you are making, saying "whites are mocked/ whites wouldn't have a problem.." etc. But no one can ever point out an instance to prove it. There are ethnic neighborhoods having events all over Chicago. I have never once seen a black group mock one of them. And yes, if it happened I think there would be a fuss.sSubZerOo

... Well its bound to happen, like I said earlier some where some one will be insulted by it.. Furthermore what the hell does the Black Panthers have to do with this?

He likely means the New Black Panther Partywho are more of quasi protest movement who's actions have garnered some questions as to the true intention of the organization. They're only similar to the Black Panthers in name.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

I'm not ignoring anything. I posted every definition possible. It IS NOT specifically for Black People. Hillbilly most certainly is universally applicable. IT refers to a poor unsophisticated White Person. I have seen those words used towards a white man in a suit. There are double standards, but not for black people.

Silent_Bob32

If you continue to ignore the common social interpretation of ghetto-- that is, a boorish, unsophisticated, loud black male, dressed in clothes a few sizes too large-- then we should too ignore the common social interpretation of hillbilly.

The definition of hillbilly does not insinuate anything negative about lower-income white people living in the South, instead it is defined as:

"...a free and untrammelled white citizen of Alabama, who lives in the hills, has no means to speak of, dresses as he can, talks as he pleases, drinks whiskey when he gets it, and fires of his revolver as the fancy takes him."

The definition of a Hillbilly in the Dictionary is an Unsophisticated white Male. I posted the social interpretation of "Ghetto". Your source was also from the year 1900.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="Silent_Bob32"]

What exactly is widely known? That people who point out racism in others and in society are racist themselves?

If so, I would argue that it isn't widely known and also is inherently illogical and untrue.

Silent_Bob32

It's a known figure of speech. As in, almost everyone has heard it before.

That isn't a figure of speech.

Second part of the post. Almost everyone has heard of it. Are we really going to start criticizing grammar?

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 TBoogy
[QUOTE="Shattered007"]I'm so sick of the race base threads....I really hope the mods make some freakin rule for them (like the religion threads). Every where I go on the the internet is starting to turn into a reminder that people wont like me becuase of my race... :|

This is what I was just thinking. I'm not clicking another one. I am so sick of race lately. Tired of racism, tired of people screaming racism where there is none (though this doesn't happen as much as OT thinks) ,and even more annoyed that so many people make excuses for racist behavior. I may just have to stay of the internet...
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#214 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Wouldn't be that way if it was mocking white history month IMO..

They're just mocking an unecessary month...what's the problem...

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Are you **** kidding me?

Black History month is about remembering the good deeds done for all, not the **** these guys are dancing around in. Yeah, it's about a certain group of people being remembered but last I checked, there weren't any modern day heroes of this race...so I think it's fair.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I don't see how a frat's recognition by a University is a first amendment issue.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 TBoogy

It's always about racism against the black people.No one cares how many white people were beat up, killed or violated by blacks and latinos. And in American if you live in a big city it happens often.

I am not racist nor do I believe in race amongst humans but in terms of color and culture it's always about people that are not white that are the innocent victims or the ones who were treated badly and have just cause to do what they do.

HermitGTX
Another untrue scare tactic.I lived in Chicago, and 99% of the victims of black or latino rapists or murderers were other blacks and Latinos. Just like it is in every city in America.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="HermitGTX"]

It's always about racism against the black people.No one cares how many white people were beat up, killed or violated by blacks and latinos. And in American if you live in a big city it happens often.

I am not racist nor do I believe in race amongst humans but in terms of color and culture it's always about people that are not white that are the innocent victims or the ones who were treated badly and have just cause to do what they do.

TBoogy

Another untrue scare tactic.I lived in Chicago, and 99% of the victims of black or latino rapists or murderers were other blacks and Latinos. Just like it is in every city in America.

Not Really.

http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html

http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/rape.htm

http://weslowery.wordpress.com/2009/11/22/when-black-on-white-crime-gets-personal/

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TBoogy

[QUOTE="Silent_Bob32"]

[QUOTE="HermitGTX"]

Those poor people! Nothing in history has ever happened to white people:roll:

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Tell me, what atrocities have been committed against white people comparable to colonialism, slavery, genocide, racism and segregation?

Are you completely ignorant of history..?

Genocide and Segragation = Holocaust

Slavery = Read your history books (Slavs for one example)

Racism = Black Panthers (like the black KKK)

Colonialism = Don't understand how that's an "atrocity" really...wouldn't that fall under slavery..?

1. There are tons of Holocaust memorial events in the US. 2. The US government did not condone the slavery of any other group within it's borders. 3. The Black Panthers were not racist, and if they were taught about in school you would have known that. And I assume the colonialism part was directed at Native Americans.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

I didn't know such stupid people could get into UCSD. First off, it's bad enough they had a party that they knew would offend people. Second off, they did it during Black History Month? Talk about a bunch of retards.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

I'm looking at all of the people offended by that party and thinking that a lot of people need to grow a much thicker skin.

It's obviously meant to be fun, and slightly offensive, but not on the "OMFG RACISM MUST DESTROY!!!!1!!" level some people take it to.

If you disagree, then I'll take it as permission to beat the ever-loving **** out of the next person who makes a drunken Irishman joke. :lol:

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TBoogy

I'm looking at all of the people offended by that party and thinking that a lot of people need to grow a much thicker skin.

It's obviously meant to be fun, and slightly offensive, but not on the "OMFG RACISM MUST DESTROY!!!!1!!" level some people take it to.

If you disagree, then I'll take it as permission to beat the ever-loving **** out of the next person who makes a drunken Irishman joke. :lol:

OrkHammer007
To call it what it is "racist" does not mean one is offended. I can only be that if I am in attendance. As for any Irish jokes out there, go for it. But then, that is mostly whites teasing other whites anyway. Never heard another black person make an Irish joke in my life.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="Silent_Bob32"]

Tell me, what atrocities have been committed against white people comparable to colonialism, slavery, genocide, racism and segregation?

TBoogy

Colonialism = Don't understand how that's an "atrocity" really...wouldn't that fall under slavery..?

1. There are tons of Holocaust memorial events in the US. 2. The US government did not condone the slavery of any other group within it's borders. 3. The Black Panthers were not racist, and if they were taught about in school you would have known that. And I assume the colonialism part was directed at Native Americans.

1. Really i'd love for you to name one...and that wasn't the point of the post anyway..

2. Really..what were native americans who they tried to enslave first?..

3. How can you say that...had you taken time to research them you would have known that they were in fact racist..

African-American revolutionary organization established to promote Black Power

The group's political goals were often overshadowed by their confrontational, militant, and sometimes violent tactics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

It said ghetto, nowhere did it ever say dress up like black people, those people are just overreacting.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 TBoogy

Xx_Hopeless_xX

1. Really i'd love for you to name one...and that wasn't the point of the post anyway..

3. How can you say that...had you taken time to research them you would have known that they were in fact racist..

The group's political goals were often overshadowed by their confrontational, militant, and sometimes violent tactics

1. I could find many, but since you say that wasn't your point I will let it go. 2. I never heard of natives being enslaved. Murdered, yes. And we have all conceded that natives got it bad too. I advocate for them as well. 3. I know everything there is to know about the Black Panther Party, I assure you. Obviously we differ on what is "racist". But I will leave that with a Huey quote "Power to the people. Black power for black people. White power for white people". His point was, that the poor and oppressed of this nation needed to unite and fight for themselves, no matter what their color". Yes, the were confrontational. Yes, the had no problem shooting back at those who shot at them. And militant"? That's a word for those who don't accept the status quo.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] 1. There are tons of Holocaust memorial events in the US. 2. The US government did not condone the slavery of any other group within it's borders. 3. The Black Panthers were not racist, and if they were taught about in school you would have known that. And I assume the colonialism part was directed at Native Americans.TBoogy

1. I could find many, but since you say that wasn't your point I will let it go. 2. I never heard of natives being enslaved. Murdered, yes. And we have all conceded that natives got it bad too. I advocate for them as well. 3. I know everything there is to know about the Black Panther Party, I assure you. Obviously we differ on what is "racist". But I will leave that with a Huey quote "Power to the people. Black power for black people. White power for white people". His point was, that the poor and oppressed of this nation needed to unite and fight for themselves, no matter what their color". Yes, the were confrontational. Yes, the had no problem shooting back at those who shot at them. And militant"? That's a word for those who don't accept the status quo.

1. Right...

2. Yes, it was banned by a priest shortly after starting though...

3. Apparently it does..i think the history channel described them as a black supremacist movement..and blacks are not really opressed anymore..but that's a whole different discussion...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts
Sigh... I don't know about anyone else, but the Pike's were nothing but trouble at my University.
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#227 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"] They are not mocking an unecessary month they are mocking a race. The themes of the party all involved stereotypes of black people who live in the ghetto. It is blatant racism.sSubZerOo

They're mocking the black people that live in the ghetto..not the upstanding ones that rise above it..i'm sure the mock white people as well..

An unneccesary month or celebration is a matter of opinion.... But that being said I actually agree, they specifically say ghetto.. Blacks may fit in this stereotype but they do not make it.... I mean what difference would this make if there was a party with a red neck white trash theme? I sure as hell wouldn't care, if people are going to angry at that stereotype perhapes they should start criticizing the people who perpatuate it.. Though I personally wouldn't attend the party and I would find it stupid, I personally wouldn't care..

The beginning of the invitation specifically linked the party with 'black history month' thereby making the party specifically about race in some aspects.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#228 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Man!, I have a few friends up there in UCSD, i'll get some news from them :P
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 TBoogy

Xx_Hopeless_xX

1. Right...

3. Apparently it does..i think the history channel described them as a black supremacist movement..and blacks are not really opressed anymore..but that's a whole different discussion...

I hope you are not questioning me on point number one. I have a HD Video from THE WASHINGTON POST on the shooting that happened at the Holocaust Museum last year. That very museum has events every year, and it is not the only one. Also, the neighborhood that I graduated from is mostly Jewish, and has tons of events all the time. As for how the "The Masses" view The Panthers (as supremacists for example) should be no shock to anyone. But the fact remains that they never said "we are better than you". Their main enemy wasn't even "the people". It was the police, who were killing and beating blacks on the streets.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] 1. I could find many, but since you say that wasn't your point I will let it go. 2. I never heard of natives being enslaved. Murdered, yes. And we have all conceded that natives got it bad too. I advocate for them as well. 3. I know everything there is to know about the Black Panther Party, I assure you. Obviously we differ on what is "racist". But I will leave that with a Huey quote "Power to the people. Black power for black people. White power for white people". His point was, that the poor and oppressed of this nation needed to unite and fight for themselves, no matter what their color". Yes, the were confrontational. Yes, the had no problem shooting back at those who shot at them. And militant"? That's a word for those who don't accept the status quo. TBoogy

1. Right...

I hope you are not questioning me on point number one. I have a HD Video from THE WASHINGTON POST on the shooting that happened at the Holocaust Museum last year. That very museum has events every year, and it is not the only one. Also, the neighborhood that I graduated from is mostly Jewish, and has tons of events all the time. As for how the "The Masses" view The Panthers (as supremacists for example) should be no shock to anyone. But the fact remains that they never said "we are better than you". Their main enemy wasn't even "the people". It was the police, who were killing and beating blacks on the streets.

But i see no nationally recognized events...

Sure...not every cop was going around beating innocent black citizens and such...i doubt it was that much of a problem

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 TBoogy

1. Right...

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Sure...not every cop was going around beating innocent black citizens and such...i doubt it was that much of a problem

Man, I gotta give you credit for sticking with a fight you can't win. Anyway, here is a link for your first comment: http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/ihrd/comment_post.php And as for the second, you really don't know much about the 60's do you? Of course not "every" cop was doing it. So, how many cops is it ok to have do it? Five" Ten? The fact remains that the party started after Huey and others witnessed a black man being beaten by cops. They decided to start an armed patrol to watch cops when they pulled over people in the neighborhood. It was legal in Cali to have weapons displayed while on the street at the time. Obviously, the cops didn't like these "uppity" blacks watching their every move, and thats where the trouble started. I could also talk about the mistakes the party made, but I don't think you are looking for an intellectual debate of the pro's and con's of the Party.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Let'em have their parties. It just shows how much one month bothers them. To me every month is Black history month.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 TBoogy
Let'em have their parties. It just shows how much one month bothers them. To me every month is Black history month.MgamerBD
Couldn't agree more.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] I hope you are not questioning me on point number one. I have a HD Video from THE WASHINGTON POST on the shooting that happened at the Holocaust Museum last year. That very museum has events every year, and it is not the only one. Also, the neighborhood that I graduated from is mostly Jewish, and has tons of events all the time. As for how the "The Masses" view The Panthers (as supremacists for example) should be no shock to anyone. But the fact remains that they never said "we are better than you". Their main enemy wasn't even "the people". It was the police, who were killing and beating blacks on the streets.TBoogy

Man, I gotta give you credit for sticking with a fight you can't win. Anyway, here is a link for your first comment: http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/ihrd/comment_post.php And as for the second, you really don't know much about the 60's do you? Of course not "every" cop was doing it. So, how many cops is it ok to have do it? Five" Ten? The fact remains that the party started after Huey and others witnessed a black man being beaten by cops. They decided to start an armed patrol to watch cops when they pulled over people in the neighborhood. It was legal in Cali to have weapons displayed while on the street at the time. Obviously, the cops didn't like these "uppity" blacks watching their every move, and thats where the trouble started. I could also talk about the mistakes the party made, but I don't think you are looking for an intellectual debate of the pro's and con's of the Party.

I find your arrogance/confidence amusing..but i will be honest and admit i had never heard of that day before..

I still disagree with you about the black panthers movement though..and you are correct i don't relly feel like debating/discussing their motives etc..

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 TBoogy

Xx_Hopeless_xX

I find your arrogance/confidence amusing..but i will be honest and admit i had never heard of that day before..

I still disagree with you about the black panthers movement though..and you are correct i don't relly feel like debating/discussing their motives etc..

I am really not that arrogant (and not confident about a lot of things), but I know what I know. And I knew that this was one thing I couldn't be beat on. I mean, look at my avatar for Pete's (whoever that is) sake! ;)
the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 the_new_guy_92
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Wow, then you really don't have a good understanding of history. It's a well known fact, public display of firearms was banned in California to attack the Black Panthers, and the Panthers had many white followers too, so I don't understand the claim of racism.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] Man, I gotta give you credit for sticking with a fight you can't win. Anyway, here is a link for your first comment: http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/ihrd/comment_post.php And as for the second, you really don't know much about the 60's do you? Of course not "every" cop was doing it. So, how many cops is it ok to have do it? Five" Ten? The fact remains that the party started after Huey and others witnessed a black man being beaten by cops. They decided to start an armed patrol to watch cops when they pulled over people in the neighborhood. It was legal in Cali to have weapons displayed while on the street at the time. Obviously, the cops didn't like these "uppity" blacks watching their every move, and thats where the trouble started. I could also talk about the mistakes the party made, but I don't think you are looking for an intellectual debate of the pro's and con's of the Party. the_new_guy_92

Wow, then you really don't have a good understanding of history. It's a well known fact, public display of firearms was banned in California to attack the Black Panthers, and the Panthers had many white followers too, so I don't understand the claim of racism.

Well had you read my other posts..

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

They're not doing anything illegal. First amendment right protects their freedom of speech.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

For the issue of slavery in North America, the guy who brought up the Native Americans was correct. The American government condoned the slavery of Native people, specifically those from the northern Carribbeann islands but it was found they were not strong enough, as they succumbed easily to foreign diseases. Blacks were taken because limited slavery with Africans had proven "economically succesful" in Europe despite this being on a small scale, and they'd had contact with Europeans already for thousands of years and could stand up to things like smallpox.

HermitGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 HermitGTX
Member since 2009 • 541 Posts

[QUOTE="HermitGTX"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

... Where did I say the man is putting people down, I never said that.. I pointed out that due to these issues in environments where relatives grew up they were forced into poverty like situations in which it had a snow ball effect.. This isn't blaming any one, this pointing out facts why minorities in general are disportionately have great numbers under the poverty line that whites.. No where did I say it was "the white mans" fault of today, but your being ignorant if you think the political, social and economic environment from 60 to 70 years ago hasn't effected any one today.. :|

sSubZerOo

There are more poor white people in America than any other type. Doesn't matter how they got poor. Poor people are poor people no matter what way you want to spin it.

HermitGTX I apparently must be talking in code, I never said that what so ever.... There is of course poor of all races.. I am merely pointing out on why a disportionate amount of poor are often times minortieis in these socieites to this day.. No where did I say "the white man has it easy" or any other such thing.. You seem to be completely ignorant of history :|

Stop talking in code. I was just adding to your comment, not debating it.

the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 the_new_guy_92

It really sucks that things like this happen, it doesn't make race relations better.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#242 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
People are so overly sensitive. Anything that isn't fully politically correct is immediately flagged as an abomination to all life on earth. These are college kids throwing a lame party. Nothing malicious there.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
People are easily provoked. This is more like a scream for attention.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Freedom of Speech. Unless the fraternity receives school-funding it falls under some code of conduct violation.

I personally think ghetto/gangsta people are hilarious. I make fun of them whenever I get a chance. Even in uniform.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Are you sure that you are not confusing the Black Panther Party with the New Black Panther Party? The latter is most certainly a hate group but is unrelated to the original BPP.
the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 the_new_guy_92

Freedom of Speech. Unless the fraternity receives school-funding it falls under some code of conduct violation.

I personally think ghetto/gangsta people are hilarious. I make fun of them whenever I get a chance. Even in uniform.

airshocker
Yea, aren't you the cop that argued that racial profiling was OK a couple week/months ago?
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"] Man, I gotta give you credit for sticking with a fight you can't win. Anyway, here is a link for your first comment: http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/focus/ihrd/comment_post.php And as for the second, you really don't know much about the 60's do you? Of course not "every" cop was doing it. So, how many cops is it ok to have do it? Five" Ten? The fact remains that the party started after Huey and others witnessed a black man being beaten by cops. They decided to start an armed patrol to watch cops when they pulled over people in the neighborhood. It was legal in Cali to have weapons displayed while on the street at the time. Obviously, the cops didn't like these "uppity" blacks watching their every move, and thats where the trouble started. I could also talk about the mistakes the party made, but I don't think you are looking for an intellectual debate of the pro's and con's of the Party. limpbizkit818

Are you sure that you are not confusing the Black Panther Party with the New Black Panther Party? The latter is most certainly a hate group but is unrelated to the original BPP.

Yeah i'm probably confusing them :P..

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yea, aren't you the cop that argued that racial profiling was OK a couple week/months ago?the_new_guy_92

I don't think so. I probably said something along the lines of I'm more wary around people who are clearly "hood", than normal looking people.

HermitGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 HermitGTX
Member since 2009 • 541 Posts

airshocker

Let's say for example you announced you were going to assassinate the president but you meant it metaphorically speaking. What would happen?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

HermitGTX

Let's say for example you announced you were going to assassinate the president but you meant it metaphorically speaking. What would happen?

You would recieve cookies my friend..you would recieve many cookies..