Quarter of Americans falsely believe FBI orchestrated January 6. A few even want the rioters freed from jail.

• 59 results
Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 960 Posts

We just had the three year anniversary's of that heinous event 3 days ago. I gave a solemn moment of silence for the tragedy. But I made this thread because to my surprise, a disturbing number of Americans STILL believe the most zaniest and false conspiracy theories about it!

Quarter of Americans falsely believe FBI orchestrated January 6, poll finds | The Independent (the-independent.com)

The results of a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll also found that 34 per cent of Republicans and 44 per cent of Americans who voted for Mr Trump continue to believe that FBI operatives organised and encouraged the attack.

There is no proof the FBI caused this. What leads people to be so loony? I understand social media is full of bologna, but why believe it? At least it's just a small minority but still. C'mon now.

But what's worse is this,

Trump calls on Biden to release those jailed in connection to Jan. 6: "I call them hostages" - CBS News

Clinton, Iowa — Former President Donald Trump said Saturday at a campaign rally in Clinton, Iowa, that President Biden should release Jan. 6 rioters who are serving prison time for their actions during the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

"Release the J6 hostages, Joe," Trump said. "Release them, Joe. You can do it real easy, Joe."

Some Americans, including the former POTUS, want these maniacs to be released from jail. I'm speechless....are we not about law and order anymore?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58312 Posts

Yeah, a quarter sounds about right, to be honest. A quarter of the US is batshit insane and/or idiotic.

It's not a majority, not by a long shot, but they are way more powerful than they should be.

South Park actually did an episode on this around 9/11 conspiracy theories...the gist of it was that Stan, Kenny, Kyle, and Eric were trying to solve this mystery and Eric was like "Oh it's a conspiracy like 9/11" and the end joke was "Yeah about a quarter of Americans are idiots; let's see you, Kyle, and Kenny don't believe it, and Cartman does. Yup, that's 1/4"

This is why having fair, honest elections and getting EVERYONE involved is so important. Because while that 25% might be of the entire population, come voting time it might turn into 40+% of the voting population. Add in your margin of error, flip-floppers, and people that can't decide and default to the wrong side and you can see how 25% of the population can retain power.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

There is no proof of Donald J Trump starting Jan 6 violence 😎

Any antifa plant who push an innocent to attack to the police should go in jail but the innocent peaceful protestor they try to frame should not be jailed and chased for the rest of there life. Almost no body was violent but the libs wave this around like a bloody flag for years and for years to accuse the patriots which only want peace and law and order. The libs are pushing peaceful people - they push their value and they push them to harmonize but only to to what they want and do not see the hypocriticalness of it - this is the real corruption of america to only be the way of progressive who do not all agree even. You see it they argue when they are not progressive enough for the other progressive and even yell at each other there is fracture in the party.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@thatforumuser: There is, however, proof that he tried to overthrow the government.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Robertos
@thatforumuser said:

Bait.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8222 Posts

About 120,000 protestors in DC that day

About 1000 of that 120,000 went to to the capital

Less than half of that 1000 charged for anything worse than trespassing.

Was a mostly peaceful protest where a couple hundred at worst rioted and broke windows and pushed over barricades.

They weren't armed, the only person killed was an unarmed middle aged woman who was climbing through a broken window and got shot in the face by some security guard.

The FBI refuses to answer under oath if undercover FBI agents were inside or outside the capital that day, some are suggesting there were about 200 under cover agents at the capital on January 6th.

January 6 wasn't good, but it definitely wasn't an insurrection, as much as the democrats and never trumpers want January 6th to be some sort of 9/11.. it just wasn't. And it happening after the summer of love BLM riots is just the irony cherry on top...

It's obvious Biden is down real bad in the polls and has little to nothing to offer voters, seems like the DNC strategy will to be fear monger January 6th in hopes it slows turn out for Trump because they have nothing positive to offer.

Also: many of the sentences for crimes as weak as trespassing.. locking these people up for over a year is excessive and I'd consider many political prisoners at this point.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 684 Posts

A similar amount probably believe the presidential election was rigged despite hundreds of investigations, litigations, recounts and audits.

This is a case of:

Believe what you want to believe and never get reality get in the way.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

@sargentd: I partly agree. I mean, I doubt that the vast majority of people who stormed the Capitol had any actual plan besides protesting, and they had no real idea of what to do when they got inside. They can be charged with trespassing, etc., but otherwise they're just idiots who shouldn't shoulder the blame.

On the other hand, we know that some of Trump's most radical and militarised supporters were in the crowd. Whether they were simply spurred on by Trump and co's violent rhetoric, or whether they had an actual coordinated plan for violence, is up for debate. I suspect the latter since it lines up better with all of the planning we know Trump's team did around that day.

Meanwhile, there's a shitload of evidence demonstrating that Trump and his allies planned a fake elector scheme in multiple key states, and they planned January 6 as the day they would get their fake certifications to the Capitol to have Pence (or his backup if they removed Pence) declare Trump as the winner of the election. Whether the violence was an intended cover story, or a desperate backup plan after the scheme started unravelling...let's leave it up to the criminal trials to figure that one out.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Was a mostly peaceful protest

(J6th refers to the Riot, not the distant protest)

Nope.

Jan. 6 Capitol riot: Hundreds of convictions, but major mystery is unsolved | AP News

@sargentd said:

They weren't armed

(Yes they were)

Nope.

Capitol Riot Weapons Include Bear Spray, Fire Extinguishers And Baseball Bats : NPR

@sargentd said:

The FBI refuses to answer under oath if undercover FBI agents were inside or outside the capital that day, some are suggesting there were about 200 under cover agents at the capital on January 6th.

(Flat Earther level crazy)

Nope.

FACT FOCUS: Federal agents didn't orchestrate Jan. 6 | AP News

@sargentd said:

January 6 wasn't good, but it definitely wasn't an insurrection

(Strawman)

Nope. Never said it legally was. It did involve Seditious Conspiracy to overthrow the US though:

Office of Public Affairs | Four Oath Keepers Found Guilty of Seditious Conspiracy Related to U.S. Capitol Breach | United States Department of Justice

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Undefendable.

@sargentd said:

It's obvious Biden is down real bad in the polls and has little to nothing to offer voters

Nope.

The Trump vs. Biden economy: 12 charts comparing the nation’s economic growth - The Washington Post

@sargentd said:

locking these people up for over a year is excessive and I'd consider many political prisoners at this point.

Nope.

What to know about Jan. 6 sentences, arrests 3 years after the attack - The Washington Post

But in the vast majority of the more than 700 sentencings to date, judges have issued punishments below government guidelines and prosecutors’ requests.

You're not too good at this are you? Almost every single one of your sentences was a lie or wrong lol.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD

@Planeforger said:

@sargentd: I partly agree. I mean, I doubt that the vast majority of people who stormed the Capitol had any actual plan besides protesting, and they had no real idea of what to do when they got inside. They can be charged with trespassing, etc., but otherwise they're just idiots who shouldn't shoulder the blame.

On the other hand, we know that some of Trump's most radical and militarised supporters were in the crowd. Whether they were simply spurred on by Trump and co's violent rhetoric, or whether they had an actual coordinated plan for violence, is up for debate. I suspect the latter since it lines up better with all of the planning we know Trump's team did around that day.

Meanwhile, there's a shitload of evidence demonstrating that Trump and his allies planned a fake elector scheme in multiple key states, and they planned January 6 as the day they would get their fake certifications to the Capitol to have Pence (or his backup if they removed Pence) declare Trump as the winner of the election. Whether the violence was an intended cover story, or a desperate backup plan after the scheme started unravelling...let's leave it up to the criminal trials to figure that one out.

The "fake elector" scheme as some would call it, has alot of nuances.

This is kind of a sidebar comment but I've been listening to this Destiny guy talk to a bunch of different people over the last week in preparation on a January 6th debate, I do not agree with Destiny politically but I do find him interesting to listen to if I want to see the perspective of January 6th from someone on the left, tho I do not agree with him, he mostly tries to argue in good faith.

He did a talk with Riketa Law (he's a Libertarian and a lawyer, another person I respect to hear out like destiny but different political background)

I found the exchange pretty interesting, it didn't really come to a conclusion, I didn't feel like anyone was able to completely make thier case as 100% truth. But it was interesting hearing the amount of nuances and things to consider when trying to charge Trump with some sort of coup or insurrection and using the (fake elector scheme) as the crux of how he's guilty. I think you are right it will come down to courts, but if im going to be honest I feel like this was just the fall back plan once the January 6th commitee and trying to use the rioting as a way to take down Trump failed.

• Did Trump believe there was election fraud?
  • Were the electors presented by trumps team an illegal act
  • Since the electors were never chosen anyway who is the victim?
  • Even if the state had chosen Trumps electors.. they would have legally been allowed to do so because it's within thier jurisdiction, they solely get to decide the electors, so they could have legally accepted trumps electors legally, but instead just didn't even bother.

^Just some spark notes of this talk that circled like a drain, i found it i teresting though, basically libertarian and liberal go back n forth and never agree lol.

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

We are forgetting a key point: since Jan 6th, far-right extremists have been emboldened, and there are constant threats of violence against politicians, especially GOP politicians that remotely go against Trump in any way.

If anything, we have gone too easy on these offenders as we have shown they can get away with their crimes, and they are encouraged to do more crimes (like threaten election workers, judges and lawyers, politicians, etc.).

Folks can argue technicalities all they want, but we all know what happened. There's no conspiracy theory, no false flag...just a bunch of far-right extremists committing crimes and mostly getting away with it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25
@Planeforger said:

That's a copout.

Most of the people in prison for murder weren't murderers before they got there. They were caught up in the wrong combination of circumstances and ended up killing someone. I'm not saying this out of sympathy; I'm just saying most folks in prison for murder didn't exactly plan on murdering people, it just sort of happened.

You go to rob a store and end up killing someone because things didn't go your way, or you got caught up in the moment.

Likewise, I am sure you're right that most of those protesters didn't intend to commit an insurrection, but some did once they got inside. I think that's sort of the key point, and why they need to be slapped with more than just a basic trespassing charge.

You go to protest, which is fine...then next thing you know someone breaks a window and you're inside with a makeshift weapon going office to office looking for a politician to hurt.

I suggest you two go back and watch the footage, watch the fights with the cops, the people walking the halls looking for politicians. We were this close to having our democracy overturned or at least seriously harmed.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2138 Posts

The same people who are convinced that everyone participating in Jan 6 were ANTIFA FBI plants are also demanding every convicted traitor to be released because these are the true MAGA patriots. Can't make this shit up.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Planeforger said:

That's a copout.

Likewise, I am sure you're right that most of those protesters didn't intend to commit an insurrection, but some did once they got inside. I think that's sort of the key point, and why they need to be slapped with more than just a basic trespassing charge.

You go to protest, which is fine...then next thing you know someone breaks a window and you're inside with a makeshift weapon going office to office looking for a politician to hurt.

I suggest you two go back and watch the footage, watch the fights with the cops, the people walking the halls looking for politicians. We were this close to having our democracy overturned or at least seriously harmed.

Nah bojangles, I suggest you go back and watch the full footage that's since been released. Not the cherry picked same 20 minutes of footage that was shoved down our throats on every MSM station when this first happened.

There is thousands of hours of footage of just this..

Just people walking through in lines..

With cops waving at em.. lol

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@thatforumuser said:

There is no proof of Donald J Trump starting Jan 6 violence 😎

Rubbish.

Trump spent months and months instilling into people the belief that their democracy had been stolen from them. He poured fuel on that emotional potency by repeating his delusional lies over and over again, then leveraged that potency to action as a final attempt to hold onto power when all his other attempts and pressure campaigns had failed. Then he sat on his fat ass for over three hours while people pleaded with him to call it off, instead posting more inflammatory tweets to rile up his cultists even more as people were dying, being beaten and traumatized.

Answer me this: had Trump not uttered a single word about election fraud, would the violence of Jan 6th happened? If yes, caused by what?

No, it wouldn’t have, therefore Trump is directly responsible for causing the violence that day.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@Planeforger said:

Meanwhile, there's a shitload of evidence demonstrating that Trump and his allies planned a fake elector scheme in multiple key states,

The "fake elector" scheme as some would call it, has alot of nuances.

No it doesn't. You're trying to muddy the waters and trick people. This is probably the most undefendable and straight forward thing about Trump's attempt to steal the election.

@sargentdsaid:

• Did Trump believe there was election fraud?

No. We have a large amount of evidence showing he knew he lost and was told he lost by his top officials.

• Donald Trump Admits He Was Told Election Fraud Claims Were False (people.com)
  • Emails show Trump knowingly pressed false voter fraud claims, judge says | Reuters
  • ‘Can You Believe I Lost to This Effing Guy?’ Trump Knew Biden Won, Aides Testify (wsj.com)
  • Bill Barr obliterates Trump's defense: 'He knew well that he had lost the election' | CNN Politics

"The emails show that President Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong but continued to tout those numbers, both in court and to the public," the judge wrote.

If you would stop getting your information from a washed up esports player debating a partisan grifter on some shitty random youtube channel you might have known this.

@sargentd said:

• Were the electors presented by trumps team an illegal act

Yes, charges include: Offering a false instrument, uttering a forged instrument, conspiracy to defraud the United States of America, conspiracy to committee election forgery.

Michigan fake electors back in court, as state elections director testifies ⋆ Michigan Advance

Again, a quick google search showed this through court documents and DOJ documents. I don't know why you would think such an action would ever be acceptable, or ever try to defend it. Or do you think we should have fake electors every 4 years? Yikes.

@sargentd said:

• Since the electors were never chosen anyway who is the victim?

It's called attempted or conspiring to commit. Like attempted murder or attempted voter fraud, or conspiring to commit election fraud, which is still all illegal and bad lol. People get years in prison for those examples I gave even though they failed to fully succeed in the crime.

Eastern District of Pennsylvania | Former U.S. Congressman and Philadelphia Political Operative Sentenced to 30 Months in Prison for Election Fraud | United States Department of Justice

The above is an example of this. We were taught this in grade school, what's wrong with you.

@sargentd said:

• Even if the state had chosen Trumps electors..

But that's the thing! The States never chose those electors! The States has to officially certify them, but the Trump goons just decided to fake it all lol. Fake the documents and everything. And then they sent that to Pence to sign 😅😂. You're helping me here.

Seriously stop watching random garbage bullshit and do a little bit of reading. How can you get the most basics wrong on this. No wonder you're defending so much crazy bullshit you're getting your news from weirdo youtubers.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Robertos

Some new J6 footage,

Loading Video...

You can hear those deranged MAGA folk squealing in the back like the pigs they are. Really pathetic display.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

Well Fox News claims to be entertainment but still carries news as part of their name. Who would have thought.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Robertos

Even some Republicans know how absolutely insane and moronic the whole "hostages" meme is,

GOP senators slap down Trump on Jan. 6 ‘hostages’ | The Hill

“Somebody who’s been duly convicted of a federal crime is not a hostage,” he said.

“If they were proven guilty in a court of law of a crime, it is what it is,” he said. “Are there some people that were swept up in it? Yeah, but use better judgment. If you were only accidently in the Capitol, you probably didn’t get convicted. If you hurt a police officer, you should have been convicted. If you broke anything on the Capitol, you should have been convicted. You should serve your time. Period, end of story.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I have no clue why some low IQ dullards think some laws don't apply to people just because of their political affiliation. That's crazy.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

We are forgetting a key point: since Jan 6th, far-right extremists have been emboldened, and there are constant threats of violence against politicians, especially GOP politicians that remotely go against Trump in any way.

If anything, we have gone too easy on these offenders as we have shown they can get away with their crimes, and they are encouraged to do more crimes (like threaten election workers, judges and lawyers, politicians, etc.).

Folks can argue technicalities all they want, but we all know what happened. There's no conspiracy theory, no false flag...just a bunch of far-right extremists committing crimes and mostly getting away with it.

Yea 18 plus years for trespassing isn't enough. We should line them up and shoot them.

And you call the right fascist? 🤣

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

I'm just visualizing someone slapping a yellow headed ex-prez upside the head. It's the very least he deserves, justly. That footage would become gif gold for hundreds of years to come. Also, getting whacked with his own butt trumpet upside the head would be endearing as well. The 6th was most def. his fault.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yea 18 plus years for trespassing isn't enough. We should line them up and shoot them.

And you call the right fascist? 🤣 (Spoilers: They are)

"But in the vast majority of the more than 700 sentencings to date, judges have issued punishments below government guidelines and prosecutors’ requests."

🤷‍♀️

Heck, even the more common sense conservative Republican Senators agree:

“If they were proven guilty in a court of law of a crime, it is what it is,” he said. “ You should serve your time. Period, end of story.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SargentD
Loading Video...

Excellent rant 🤙🤙🤙

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Just because it wasn't as bad as 9/11 doesn't mean it wasn't bad. A very bizarre take, devoid of common sense.

• Office of Public Affairs | Four Additional Oath Keepers Sentenced for Seditious Conspiracy Related to U.S. Capitol Breach | United States Department of Justice
  • Police union says 140 officers injured in Capitol riot - The Washington Post
  • These Jan. 6 rioters received the longest sentences so far (axios.com)

Would you not agree the above is bad?

You also have not proved the FBI orchestrated it or that there are hostages. Claims this bold require pretty top tier sources, got any? Or do you agree both claims are completely false like a normal person?

Also, gave up on defending the Fake Electors plot? Wise choice my man, it is a kind of universally "undefendable" no touch subject for most conservatives, you were doing a very bad job by spamming easily fact checked stuff.

@sargentd said:

Excellent rant

That's a rando far right editorial channel and he calls J6th a "Fed Riot". Why are you posting crackheads.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Uhhh another shitty thread about January 6th, 3 years later. 🤣

This thread is based off of completely new data & events contained in two articles from January 4th, 2024 and January 7th, 2024. Three days late, not three years.

1. The first article , which this thread is about, discuss how a high number of Republicans as of now still think the FBI orchestrated Jan 6th, which is objectively false. Do you agree with them? If so, can you provide verified sources showing so?
  2. The second article talks about a recent event in which Trump called the J6 criminals "hostages" and that they should be released, as do a few other Republicans. This is false going by both law and definitions. Do you agree with him? If so, can you provide verified sources showing so?

If you disagree with both statements, as any educated adult should, then why are you upset?

@silentchief said:

I wonder if you have the same tough stance on crime with all people who break the law?

Yes.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

Uhhh another shitty thread about January 6th, 3 years later. 🤣

This thread is based off of completely new data & events contained in two articles from January 4th, 2024 and January 7th, 2024. Three days late, not three years.

1. The first article , which this thread is about, discuss how a high number of Republicans as of now still think the FBI orchestrated Jan 6th, which is objectively false. Do you agree with them? If so, can you provide verified sources showing so?
  2. The second article talks about a recent event in which Trump called the J6 criminals "hostages" and that they should be released, as do a few other Republicans. This is false going by both law and definitions. Do you agree with him? If so, can you provide verified sources showing so?

If you disagree with both statements, as any educated adult should, then why are you upset?

@silentchief said:

I wonder if you have the same tough stance on crime with all people who break the law?

Yes.

This thread is created by a ban dodger and it's tiring.

1. No I don't think the FBI orchestrated it.

2. Many of the January 6th protestors were over prosecuted. Yes I do agree. Getting several years for stepping into a building when people were waiving them though is a bit ridiculous .

The good news is most people don't give a shit about this and are more focused on the absolute failure of Biden as a President.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

{Edited out all traces of childish flamebaiting}

Great so you at least half way agree with the thread, and reality. That's a start.

@silentchief said:

2. Many of the January 6th protestors were over prosecuted. Yes I do agree {that they are hostages and should be freed}.

"But in the vast majority of the more than 700 sentencings to date, judges have issued punishments below government guidelines and prosecutors’ requests."

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Laws matter, as does criminal sentencing. Can't just randomly call people hostages and they need to be freed without valid sources, it's fanfic/head-cannon.

🤷‍♀️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silentchief

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

{Removed all traces of childish flamebaiting}

Great so you at least half way agree with the thread, and reality. That's a start.

@silentchief said:

2. Many of the January 6th protestors were over prosecuted. Yes I do agree {hat they are hostages and should be freed}.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Laws matter, as does criminal sentencing. Can't just randomly call people hostages and they need to be freed, it's fanfic/head-cannon.

🤷‍♀️

Yea you didn't have that same energy in 2021 when leftist protestors were burning down cities. This is is the hypocrisy from you clowns is so amusing.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Yea you didn't have that same energy in 2021 when leftistprotestors rioters were burning down cities.

Nah. I was completely against those rioters and think everyone who committed crimes should go to prison. Consistency for the win.

This whataboutism won't work. 😁 Going to have to stick to the unfortunately embarrassing topic.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silentchief

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

Yea you didn't have that same energy in 2021 when leftistprotestors rioters were burning down cities.

Nah. I was completely against those rioters and think everyone who committed crimes should go to prison. Consistency for the win.

This whataboutism won't work. 😁 Going to have to stick to the unfortunately embarrassing topic.

You weren't constantly making threads about it. The hypocrisy is glaring. Regardless glad to hear you feel that way.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 684 Posts

@silentchief: you are just thinking in terms of sides. Lots of people that saw the January 6 protests as an attempted coup also were heavily against the violent anti police protests after George Floyd murder.

Even though most people this days do blindly align with a party. Some people do maintain the ability to think critically.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69488 Posts

Arguing with the illogical conspiracy mongering far right should only be done for entertainment.😂

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Over a year of rioting, billions in damage, cities held hostage, dozens of deaths and innocents beaten, cars flipped, buildings burned and looted, courthouses and records destroyed, police unable to act, refusing military intervention, the list goes on and on, and we pretend it never happened even during the time news outlets were spurring it on... but let's worry about something that never happened... well, not in any way, shape, or form that any intelligent human couldn't comprehend from being anything but hyperinflated bs. The echo chamber works overtime in dying corners of the internet... sort of like.. well, this one.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: The only people who think Jan 6 was a peaceful protest are Trump supporters, and those fortunately make up a minority of Americans. Everyone else in the world knows what happened there.

You can either interpret it generously as a violent riot that occurred simultaneously to Trump's attempts to steal the election, or you can interpret it cynically as a violent riot that was incited by Trump to assist his plan to steal the election. Your call.

You'd have to be *extremely* gullible to believe any of the many conflicting lies the conservatives have told about that day.

If you think it was peaceful, then you haven't seen the footage. If you think team Trump hadn't planned to steal the election on Jan 6, then you haven't been paying attention to all of the people confessing to that plan, and all of the evidence of their plot. And if you think it was some kind of false flag attack, then you're too far down the path of radicalisation for anything to convince you otherwise.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Robertos
@WitIsWisdom said:

Over a year of rioting, billions in damage, cities held hostage, dozens of deaths and innocents beaten, cars flipped, buildings burned and looted, courthouses and records destroyed, police unable to act, refusing military intervention, the list goes on and on,

Whataboutism. Also False Equivalency. One was far more politically tied in nature, involved Sedition, over 100 injured cops, stopping the certification of a US POTUS with congressmen sent running (a first in history, mind you), death, etc. Both were very bad though. I do feel one was worse, but that's a debate for a different thread.

Anyone saying Jan 6th wasn't very bad is just lying and repeating some kind of weird deluded far right echo chamber. Simply objectively false given the footage and charges.

@WitIsWisdom said:

and we pretend it never happened

Nah. It happened. What percent of Americans or Democrats say it never happened? The Summer riots were bad. Just like how January 6th was bad. Albeit in different ways, IE: no sedition and less directly political but more property damage.

See, that's me not being a hopelessly tribal loser. It's so easy, you should try it!

@WitIsWisdom said:

but let's worry about something that never happened...

Are you feeling okay?

Office of Public Affairs | Four Additional Oath Keepers Sentenced for Seditious Conspiracy Related to U.S. Capitol Breach | United States Department of Justice

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
@WitIsWisdom said:

well, not in any way, shape, or form that any intelligent human couldn't comprehend from being anything but hyperinflated bs.

I'd feel an intelligent human being could see the above footage, hundreds charged, hundreds of injured cops, multiple related deaths, congressmen sent running, and see that the US presidential election certification had to be delayed from all of that lunacy would realize it was very bad. A stain on our Democracy.

@WitIsWisdom said:

The echo chamber works overtime in dying corners of the internet... sort of like.. well, this one.

Sadly the far right echo chamber is also working over time, but to put out disinformation on J6th. Just look at this thread.

Fortunately the correct "echo chamber" is winning, as the poll shows a 75/25 split in favor of the truth for J6th regarding FBI, and a 78/28 split for disapproval of J6th rioter actions.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@robertos: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Imagine grasping onto a couple small stories involving a very small handful of individuals who got caught up in the sting operation and trying to pretend that was the greater narrative and not the outlier. Pathetic.

Comparing Jan. 6th to the year plus of rioting is asinine and borderline psychotic.

A big old nothing burger that no one truly ever gave a shit about because it didn't happen the way they want you to believe.

Let's just excuse and pretend the exact same thing didn't happen a few weeks ago by protestors of war... but that's different right? Flip the narrative and it's fine.. as long as it fits the pill they want you to swallow.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Planeforger: You will know if and when that actually happens, trust me...

Opening the doors and giving walkthroughs isn't exactly what most sane people would consider a nightmare fuel induced frenzy.. lmao

The amount of irony, ignorance, and head in the sand bs is astounding.. lol. Our media these days rivals that of China and Russia and certain people snap it up, no questions asked.

We ignore nearly two years of domestic terrorism and condemn an event involving less than 1,000 unarmed people because democratically owned media tells us too. Give me a break. How about forming your own opinions and stop parroting the weak smoke and mirror narrative.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mattbbpl

@WitIsWisdom: I was chatting with some family about this the other day, and they were completely unaware that we have detailed plans about how they intended to overthrow the government. Perhaps you just haven't seen any of it?

Sample link

A newly revealed memo authored by a Trump-allied attorney laid out a sweeping strategy for organizing Trump supporters to serve as fake electors in the wake of the 2020 election, shining new light on the origins of an alleged scheme that is central to the most recent indictment of former President Donald Trump.

The six-page memo dated Dec. 6, 2020, was authored by attorney Kenneth Chesebro and circulated among Trump campaign lawyers and associates, two people familiar with the matter tell CBS News. The New York Times obtained and published the memo for the first time on Tuesday.

The document, signed by "K.C.," was one of a series of memos crafted by Chesebro and John Eastman, a conservative attorney, that formed the proposed legal basis for the ultimately unsuccessful fake elector scheme. The indictment alleges the plan "evolved over time from a legal strategy to preserve the Defendant's rights to a corrupt plan to subvert the federal government function by stopping Biden electors' votes from being counted and certified."

This is in addition to two prior memos detailing the plan at other levels of development. Those memos are also briefly mentioned in the article.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Why can't people see through orchestration.

Seriously.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@mattbbpl: lmfao... give me a damn break man. You can not be serious. You really think that a few unarmed middle aged citizens were TRULY plotting to overthrow the strongest nation on Earth without a real plan?

Like I said, if and when it ever happens people like you will be the last to know and first to realize how wrong you have been. Open your damn eyes and ears and shut your mouth just long enough to actually think things over a bit. Ask yourself what we have to gain or lose depending on what side ultimately winds up on top. God knows we will never meet in the middle, and that's unfortunate.

They want everyone to believe that everyone is either far right or far left and there is no in-between when in actuality 70 to 85 percent fall within 20 percent of the middle line. We need to find common middle ground and negotiate instead of letting the government tell us where we should stand and where we should draw lines in the sand.

The people around the world need to unite and remind the social elite that they work for us... not the other way around.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl

@WitIsWisdom said:

@mattbbpl: lmfao... give me a damn break man. You can not be serious. You really think that a few unarmed middle aged citizens were TRULY plotting to overthrow the strongest nation on Earth without a real plan?

Like I said, if and when it ever happens people like you will be the last to know and first to realize how wrong you have been.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "without a plan." We have the plan in writing.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@mattbbpl: Sigh... yes, because an obvious plan, put in ink no less and not protected to the teeth, of 700 unarmed people (who weren't in on said plan) to overthrow the strongest nation that has ever existed is so highly orchestrated and obviously inked with the blood of the devil himself... lmfao.

Mental health issues can effect both sides..

Anyone can write a letter with a plan, but that doesn't mean it has backing or isn't just the ranting of a brainwashed lunatic. Those people exist on both sides but for whatever reason are championed as being the average Joe. That is what social media WANTS us to believe.. if they can keep the mice fighting then the cats can feast.

I'm sure I have the deed to a bridge to sell you around here somewhere. All I'm saying is that you are the perfect puppet they wish we all were. I'm guessing you are in your early to mid 20s. Don't worry man, you'll see the light of day eventually, I just hope it isn't too late.

You can't lump the 99.9 in with the 0.01 (that also being extremely generous) and pretend that is the greater narrative.

Anyone can say anything, but that doesn't make it true, regardless of how much attention the media give it. Hundreds of stories go completely unreleased or buried under seas of negativity, and that's because they don't want us to know we aren't so different. They want us to believe that violence is the only answer. It keeps us worried about us and not them.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Robertos
@WitIsWisdom said:

@robertos: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Yes. Facts help me sleep at night. So far in this thread, only conservatives have told the big lies and were swiftly fact checked.

Including yourself. Just stop lying so often, it's making your entire premise/point seem absurd.

@WitIsWisdom said:

a very small handful of individuals

Lie.

District of Columbia | Three Years Since the Jan. 6 Attack on the Capitol (justice.gov)

• Approximately 718 individuals have pleaded guilty to a variety of federal charges, many of whom faced or will face incarceration at sentencing.
  • Police union says 140 officers injured in Capitol riot
  • Over 1,000 arrests.

Small handful? Why lie?

@WitIsWisdom said:

Comparing Jan. 6th to the year plus of rioting is asinine and borderline psychotic.

So you just called yourself asinine and psychotic? You're literally the person who started comparing them in an attempted (and failed) whataboutism.

Whether J6 was worse or not as worse than a completely separate event doesn't stop it from being bad. This is something an 8 year old understands.

@WitIsWisdom said:

A big old nothing burger

Lie.

Over 1,000 arrests, Over 140 injured cops. Sedition. Over 700 guilty pleas. Literally stopped a god damn USA Presidential certification, an unprecedented attack our our literal Democracy. Nothing Burger...

I'm so happy that most Americans are not this deluded,

78% of respondents disapprove of the actions of those who forced their way into the Capitol, the survey found.

@WitIsWisdom said:

it didn't happen the way they want you to believe.

I literally posted videos and court documents. Are you suggesting it was CGI/AI? Wild.

@WitIsWisdom said:

Let's just excuse and pretend the exact same thing didn't happen a few weeks ago by protestors of war

Lie.

Those were bad, but exact same? It was like 1/100th the people, 100s of less injured cops, 100s of less arrests, 100s of less charges...no stopped POTUS certification. "Exact"....words have meanings man.

Why are you saying things that are so easily fact checked as false?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattbbpl

@WitIsWisdom: You're not even addressing the plan. As stated within, the activities from the rabble outside the buildings were a combination of a distraction and a sower of confusion for the next step - taking the fake electors, counting them instead of the real ones, and throwing the results to Trump.

Your rant above has next to nothing to do with my post or the documents it mentions at all.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Robertos
@WitIsWisdom said:

He literally gave you the receipts to your objectively false claims and you just replied with a rhetorical question.....

Newly unveiled memo cited in Trump indictment detailed false electors scheme - CBS News

Just take an L on that one.

@WitIsWisdom said:

Mental health issues can effect both sides..

Do you agree the people at the capitol riot had mental health issues? They actually believed Trump's lie that Biden stole the election lol.

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Planeforger:

Opening the doors and giving walkthroughs isn't exactly what most sane people would consider a nightmare fuel induced frenzy.. lmao

Sadly for us, Trumpers aren't very sane.

Look at these "walkthroughs",

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This guy is lying through his teeth.

Police started herding some people to de-escalate, as they were severely outnumbered. Herding the low IQ animal Trumpers.

Just because some of the Trump degenerates were being herded doesn't mean there wasn't also mass violence going on elsewhere. 140+ injured cops dude.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Robertos

@WitIsWisdom said:

We ignore nearly two years of domestic terrorism

About that....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

2024 and people STILL believe trump's proven lies and defend his attack on democracy. Quite an indictment on some of the education systems in the United States.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

2024 and people STILL believe trump's proven lies and defend his attack on democracy. Quite an indictment on some of the education systems in the United States.

How can you attack something we don't have. First of all we are a Representative Republic which the Democrats want to eliminate. Our elected leaders do not control the government, it is the unelected buracrats who answer to no one who run the government. It was they who were behind the assult on the capitol. Why do you think there is no independent investigation it to what realy happened on January 6 2021. Three years go I posted on Gamespot that an independent investigation should be conducted to find out what really happened. All we have had is poilitcal investigations to score political points. As a result the real people behind what will still thrive in the shadows to strike again at some one who threaten's them.