Quarter of Americans falsely believe FBI orchestrated January 6. A few even want the rioters freed from jail.

• 59 results
Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1014 Posts
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

2024 and people STILL believe trump's proven lies and defend his attack on democracy. Quite an indictment on some of the education systems in the United States.

How can you attack something we don't have. First of all we are a Representative Republic

About that.....

How the Trump fake electors scheme became a 'corrupt plan,' according to the indictment | AP News

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Electoral College is part of this Representative Republic right?

@JimB said:

It was they who were behind the assult on the capitol.

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

2024 and people STILL believe trump's proven lies and defend his attack on democracy. Quite an indictment on some of the education systems in the United States.

Why do you think there is no independent investigation it to what realy happened on January 6 2021.

There literally is.

Jan. 6 investigations update : NPR

@JimB said:

As a result the real people behind what will still thrive in the shadows to strike again at some one who threaten's them.

You conservatives in this thread make Flat Earthers look smart.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@Pedro said:

Arguing with the illogical conspiracy mongering far right should only be done for entertainment.😂

I think that's honestly how a lot of these things started off as, but Poe's Law has gone into overdrive and people are making too much money off of their Youtube videos and stupid shirts and hats and becoming "experts" that we have to take these things serious.

It's one thing for some asshole to say "Democrats are kidnapping children and we need to stage a coup!" but when the far-right take it serious, it escalates, their beliefs are reinforced by "authority figures" like Tucker and Alex Jones and others...we have no choice but to take them serious as well.

It's sad because I feel like as little as a few years ago we would have just had a good laugh at these people and moved on but now it is deadly serious.

It's all just terrible because their whole raison d'etre is a literal fiction--the culture war, the threats to their freedoms, etc--and they have so thoroughly bought into it, that it is now everyone's problem.

I would love to argue with these people for fun, but sadly we have to take them serious because despite them being a minority, they have control of some very critical parts of our government (specifically the courts).

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@robertos: You will never get anything from Jim that back up his claims. If anything he will post sources that counter his stance and proves him wrong.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 536 Posts

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How can you attack something we don't have. First of all we are a Representative Republic which the Democrats want to eliminate. Our elected leaders do not control the government, it is the unelected buracrats who answer to no one who run the government. It was they who were behind the assult on the capitol. Why do you think there is no independent investigation it to what realy happened on January 6 2021. Three years go I posted on Gamespot that an independent investigation should be conducted to find out what really happened. All we have had is poilitcal investigations to score political points. As a result the real people behind what will still thrive in the shadows to strike again at some one who threaten's them.

Yes Jim, it's all a conspiracy from those nefarious shadow actors, and everything is "political" (i.e., anything that isn't a full absolvement of Trump's criminality) when it doesn't align with your partisan wishes.

Funny how it's only justice and fair when Trump and republicans are no longer held responsible for their own actions. Much easier to hide behind tribalism than to actually be the party of personal responsibility and actually take responsibility.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How can you attack something we don't have. First of all we are a Representative Republic which the Democrats want to eliminate. Our elected leaders do not control the government, it is the unelected buracrats who answer to no one who run the government. It was they who were behind the assult on the capitol. Why do you think there is no independent investigation it to what realy happened on January 6 2021. Three years go I posted on Gamespot that an independent investigation should be conducted to find out what really happened. All we have had is poilitcal investigations to score political points. As a result the real people behind what will still thrive in the shadows to strike again at some one who threaten's them.

Great example of what I posted. We are also a democracy. Only people that deny that are those that want an authoritarian to lead them.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Someone recently told me that too many people believe they can convince people of something because they are right, have evidence, and the logic is clean, but all you really have to do is repeat your stance more than the other guy. Repetition gives it an air of validity because it creates the impression of a lot of support even if it's just a few guys saying it often or with big microphones.

To laugh it off unchallenged is to concede.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

It's rather silly to loop in "probably" and "definitely" into the same pool when answering a question.

Although my favorite quote from an assistant US attorney when asked if he would indict on one of our cases, he replied with a "definite maybe."

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's rather silly to loop in "probably" and "definitely" into the same pool when answering a question.

Although my favorite quote from an assistant US attorney when asked if he would indict on one of our cases, he replied with a "definite maybe."

lol that's hilarious.

I love legal semantics or technicalities or whatever. And by "love" i mean "fascinated with in the same way someone can be fascinated by a train wreck".

I think another one I enjoyed was concerning supreme court justices and the phrasing of "should not" vs "will not" and how "should not" basically means nothing because it's more of a suggestion, whereas "will not" is a legal thing meaning you definitely cannot do the thing without consequence.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#60 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

lol that's hilarious.

I love legal semantics or technicalities or whatever. And by "love" i mean "fascinated with in the same way someone can be fascinated by a train wreck".

I think another one I enjoyed was concerning supreme court justices and the phrasing of "should not" vs "will not" and how "should not" basically means nothing because it's more of a suggestion, whereas "will not" is a legal thing meaning you definitely cannot do the thing without consequence.

It's wild, but always a good indicator to me when the goal of the defense attorney for example is to nitpick on a spelling or grammatical error, it shows me the case is rock solid on its merits. I'm one of the few folks which loves going to court and testifying; it's fun to me and equally fun to debate defense attorneys.

Haven't had the pleasure to testify in federal court yet. Still in the background process to get my Task Force Officer status with Homeland Security Investigations so I can be dually sworn as a federal agent and a state agent.