***POLL*** Anyone else want to see a Hillary Clinton/ Joe Biden win in 2016?

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wslacker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 wslacker2
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
I would never vote for a liberal. Hilary is definitely one.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Just curious, what do you think of Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from Florida?

AFBrat77

I think he'd make a good veep.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#53 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Well, with all due respect, what's the point?

airshocker

Disproving his point. >.>

Just reread the posts. You're right. My bad.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

Problem with Christie is he likely won't win the Primaries, his record in New Jersey isn't that good and is an easy target in the Primaries, despite his popularity with voters in the state.

airshocker

wat?

What exactly is bad about his record?

CNN had a list of things, can't remember specifics but state unemployment was one. I'd have to look into it more. Still, I must confess he remains popular with voters in the state. If Christie can get things together as he moves forward, it could be a moot point.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

Just curious, what do you think of Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from Florida?

airshocker

I think he'd make a good veep.

I don't know much about him, but he seemed smart and respectfull in the Senate hearing with Hillary Wednesday (Its Thursday now on the East Coast)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GreySeal9

Really, as I've been saying, who wins has alot to do with how the Obama admin is viewed at the end of its 2nd term. All things being equal, Republicans are going to have a harder time than Democrats in natonal elections because of their shrinking electoral map and demographics, but if Obama's popularity is low at the end of the term, Repubs have a definite opportunity. If he is fairly popular, I think they can kiss it goodbye.

Who knows what can happen in 4 years tho.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I would be against this, but anyone the democrats nominate will be awful anyways.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GreySeal9

One point I will concede to Airshocker is that it will help Republicans somewhat if establishment Repubs make an early push for Christie. One of the mistakes they made in 2012 was waiting too long before really making a push for Romney. That being said, I don't think Romney was ever going to win in 2012. He was the wrong candidate for the times. But he probably would have had an easier time had the establishment Republicans vouched for him earlier.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

I think that Hilary would be better than Obama or Biden on account of the fact that she already has 8 years experience as the president, but I don't want to see her win.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GreySeal9

I think that Hilary would be better than Obama or Biden on account of the fact that she already has 8 years experience as the president, but I don't want to see her win.

Jacobistheman

Yeah, Hillary was an excellent President!

Oh wait...she wasn't President.

WTF, Jacob?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

GreySeal9

Sometimes I wonder how much effect she did have on Bill's good presidency besides driving him to Monica Lewinsky. Bill's his own man but I could see her being a strong influence on him and some of his policies perhaps.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

AFBrat77

Sometimes I wonder how much effect she did have on Bill's good presidency besides driving him to Monica Lewinsky. Bill's his own man but I could see her being a strong influence on him and some of his policies perhaps.

I bet she was a strong influence in many ways, but that doesn't give her eight years worth of experience as the President since she was not the President.

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Depends on who the Republican presidential nominee in 2016 is. If it is a reasonable, intellegent and moderate Republican, then I'd have to think about it. If it is a bat-guano insane, unreasonable, far right Republican, then yes.

I'd say that the latter is more likely than the former, however.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jacobistheman

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

AFBrat77

I believe that Hilary had a large influence on Bill's politics to the point that HIlary probably made as many decision during his 8 years as he did. Just for a few examples of why I think this: Bill Clinton once said that in electing him, the nation would "get two for the price of one"; in 1990, Bill Clinton planned not to run for Governor again and instead letting Hilary run, but when polls showed it was nearly impossible for her to win, he changed his mind and ran again; she was put on some political task forces, including one that was in charge of trying to pass healthcare reforms (nicknamed "hillary-care") that eventually failed. I don't think that she drove Bill to Monica Lewinsky, I think he did that himself (and probably had a bunch of other affairs). I have seen a lot of research that shows that the same personality trates that drive people to become invoked in politics also drive them towards risky behavior (such as affairs)
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts
I'd rather see Pelosi run with Hillary than Biden, but I'd personally prefer someone like Howard Dean and/or Debbie Wasserman Schultz run in 2016, personally I'd prefer Dennis Kucinich but even I can recognize he wouldn't have a shot in hell.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Biden for Overlord in 2016.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacobistheman

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

I bet she was a strong influence in many ways, but that doesn't give her eight years worth of experience as the President since she was not the President.

It depends on how much influence you think she had. If she had as much influence over Bill's political actions as he did over his own actions (which I don't think is really much of a stretch), she may not have the official title, but she had the experience of running the country.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I would definitely support a Clinton ticket, personally I don't like Biden, but I doubt he'll want to be VP again, and Clinton would beat him in the primaries if she played her cards right. The only Republican candidate I would support is Christie, so if it was Clinton v. Christie, I would actually be an undecided voter. As long as Santorum is not even in the competition, I hate that guy.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

tumblr_m9p4wb9EhP1raw1oio1_1280.png.

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

wis3boi

tumblr_m0iblorZbs1qgcra2o1_500.gif

neil-degrasse-tyson-consfused-o.gif

I'd vote. Their collective intellect surpasses that of Congress.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

wis3boi
now that's an inspired idea, if we ever wanted the country to evolve technologically then having scientists at the head of policy would certainly be a nice change of pace
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

Jacobistheman

It depends on how much influence you think she had. If she had as much influence over Bill's political actions as he did over his own actions (which I don't think is really much of a stretch), she may not have the official title, but she had the experience of running the country.

It's impossible for Hillary to have as much influence over his actions as he did since she is not him.

What amount of influence she had is speculation. The only fact is that she was not the President. Thus, she does not have 8 years of experience being President.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
TRUMP / OPRAH 2016!!
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#74 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Hillary, just so I can witness Bill being the first ever "first man". Thats a riot.

Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
Why Biden?
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
I really don't want to see either of them run.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I would vote through Hillary, but not for Loud Joe. I like him, but not as a President.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Biden again? :lol:

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

The__Kraken

tumblr_m0iblorZbs1qgcra2o1_500.gif

neil-degrasse-tyson-consfused-o.gif

I'd vote. Their collective intellect surpasses that of Congress.

I love you

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AFBrat77

Biden again? :lol:

Pirate700

I wouldn't want him as President especially, though I don't think he would be awfull. Obama could have used Biden earlier to meet with Senators and Representatives and probably could have helped melt the ice between Republicans and Senators in Congress. I think he could be a good active VP.

I understand he would be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, but I'm ok with that, and he's that right now anyways.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I don't think Biden would want to be Vice President for another 4 to 8 years.

As far as either one running, I think Clinton would be weakened by the Benghazi issue and may be seen as too liberal/too feminist by the American electorate and some people may be tired of the Clintons and want something new. Biden is weakened by his reputation for gaffes (it unfortunately may leadsome people to question his intelligence) and by the trend in which Vice-President's rarely get elected as President (basically only once a century has a VP been elected, although Nixon is a special case in that he lost to Kennedy and later on cameback to win a few elections later). I think both Clinton and Biden might be weakened by their age, their whiteness (Democrats need high minority turnouts to win because they lose among white voters of which Romney got 58% in 2012 and Bush got 58% in 2004), and the general trend of presidential elections which is that generally speaking one political party doesn't win more than two presidential elections in a row.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 whipassmt

elizabeth warran and dennis kucinich

make karl rove foam at the mouth and roger ailes commit suicide

BossPerson

Interesting pick. Kucinich has voted against the party line, and was critical of Obama's involvement in Libya, which may be something that could hurt him in the primary if the Democratic primary turns out to be an Obama butt-kissing contest where all the candidates try to demonstrate their loyalty to Obama (of course whether this occurs may depend on Obama's popularity among Democrats or the general electorate in 2015).

As for Warren, by 2016 she will have only been a four year Senator, not having completed her term and she may be seen as having insufficient experience. She may also be too liberal for the American electorate. Also presidential candidates from Massachusetts haven't won for decades (was JFK the last Massachusetts guy to be elected President, I think so).

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

But in 2016 it's Christie all the way.

BossPerson

If he can make it out of the primary..

I cant really see anyone currently in the potential field that would win over him.

I think a lot of it depends on how much the GOP decides to change their attitude about bipartisanship and the changing demographics in America. Also if Chris Christie decides to run at all. He doesn't seem to be all that interested in becoming president, but a lot can change in four years.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
Whoever I vote for in the next election I'm going to make sure that bringing people together is a top priority. That goes for everyone I vote for, and not just the president. I think it's clear that we can't expect things to get done if we vote for people who want to "Bring the fight to Washington!" I think it would be better if we put in people who recognize that American voters also put people in from the others side of the aisle, and its now their job to work together.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 whipassmt

She probably would have been a better President than Obama.

But in 2016 it's Christie all the way.

airshocker

I think it's either gonna be Christie or Rubio.

It's possible that if Christie runs he can carry some states that Democrats have traditionally carried. Christie could probably win New Jersey since he has a 74% approval rating there, and he has a decent shot of getting New York and Connecticut, maybe even Rhode Island because he would probably do very well among Italian-American voters (though maybe most Italian Americans already vote Republican, I've read that Jews are the only white ethnic group now that still votes predominantly democratic, though maybe Italians over all vote Republican but the ones in the Northeast vote Democrat). Losing New York could seriously hurt the Democrats, losing multiple Northeastern states would make it real hard for them to win. Who knows maybe Christie could even put Pennsylvania in play.

I think Christie is a pretty relatable guy, more so than Romney or Hillary Clinton (Biden is pretty relatable). There is the adage that people vote for who they can best picture themselves having a beer with, I don't know about beer, but Christie is definitely the candidate that I (and probably many Americans) could picture myself having a calzone with.

I think in 2016 the Republicans will most likely win Florida and Virginia, which they lost only by a little bit in 2012. If Rubio is part of the ticket than Florida is very likely in Republican hands.

If the Republican candidate can pull off George W. Bush 2004 numbers (58% of white voters, 44% of Hispanics, 44% of Asians, 11% of blacks) they can win pretty handily. Rubio has a good shot of getting a decent amount of Hispanic voters, Christie might be able to do so too because Italians and Hispanics have things in common that Hispanic voters may be able to relate too in Christie.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 -Sun_Tzu-

Christie could probably win New Jersey since he has a 74% approval rating there, and he has a decent shot of getting New York and Connecticut, maybe even Rhode Island because he would probably do very well among Italian-American voters.

whipassmt
Had a good laugh at this
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

Christie could probably win New Jersey since he has a 74% approval rating there, and he has a decent shot of getting New York and Connecticut, maybe even Rhode Island because he would probably do very well among Italian-American voters.

-Sun_Tzu-

Had a good laugh at this

why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

and may be seen as too liberal/too feminist

whipassmt

lol what exactly is "too liberal"? America in general is becoming more liberal and progressive. The religious right and social conservative nutjobs are dying out.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
My first reaction is no. I don't want either one of those awful people running my country. My second reaction is that the republicans will not have anybody better so I guess it doesn't really matter.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

Had a good laugh at this

why?

This is why
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
That would be a dream ticket. My Only concern being that they are a bit on the older side. For then to run in for years and serve for 8 would mean if they won they would have to be in great health for 12 years. Thats a tough order. But can you imagine how much swag Bill would have as first gent.

Am I the only one who still thinks Hillary as of today is super sexy
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
My first reaction is no. I don't want either one of those awful people running my country. My second reaction is that the republicans will not have anybody better so I guess it doesn't really matter.DaBrainz
So who would you support that could actually win?
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Had a good laugh at this -Sun_Tzu-

why?

This is why

Still Christie has a homefield advantage in NJ and very high approval ratings there.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]My first reaction is no. I don't want either one of those awful people running my country. My second reaction is that the republicans will not have anybody better so I guess it doesn't really matter.Diablo-B
So who would you support that could actually win?

Nobody I would support could actually win.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

Aljosa23

lol what exactly is "too liberal"? America in general is becoming more liberal and progressive. The religious right and social conservative nutjobs are dying out.

Actually from what I've read people who identify as Conservative outnumber those who identify as liberal 2 to 1 (though maybe that doesn't account for people who use the term "progressive").

Moreover in some ways the shift has gone to conservatives: Gallup polls have seen a 32% increase in the pro-life position since the mid-1990s, though in general most people fall somewhere in the middle (namely opposing tax-payer funded and late term abortions, and generally wanting abortion to be more restricted and less common, but legal in some rare cases).

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] why?

whipassmt

This is why

Still Christie has a homefield advantage in NJ and very high approval ratings there.

And Romney had "homefield advantage" in Massachusetts.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] This is why-Sun_Tzu-

Decent point. But it's been a while since Romney was governor there, plus Christie's approval ratings in NJ are up in the 70s.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

Actually from what I've read people who identify as Conservative outnumber those who identify as liberal 2 to 1 (though maybe that doesn't account for people who use the term "progressive").

Moreover in some ways the shift has gone to conservatives: Gallup polls have seen a 32% increase in the pro-life position since the mid-1990s, though in general most people fall somewhere in the middle (namely opposing tax-payer funded and late term abortions, and generally wanting abortion to be more restricted and less common, but legal in some rare cases).

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] Still Christie has a homefield advantage in NJ and very high approval ratings there.

whipassmt

Decent point. But it's been a while since Romney was governor there, plus Christie's approval ratings in NJ are up in the 70s.

Largely because of Hurricane Sandy. When a disaster strikes the public tends to rally around their government. He is not going to have similar approval ratings 3 to 4 years from now.