***POLL*** Anyone else want to see a Hillary Clinton/ Joe Biden win in 2016?

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

After Hillary's strong showing against the Republicans in the Senate / House today, I think she has the smarts, toughness, and right ideas to be a helluva a good President. Joe Biden is great in the VP role.

Like to see her beat Biden in the Primaries, and bring him on the ticket.

Personally, I wanted her to be President in 2008 over Obama, think she would have done better.

Pick your best answer if 2 apply.

I'm assuming Clinton, Biden, and Cuomo will run in 2016.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Joe Biden VP 5eva
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I would support Clinton unless the Republican party had a good candidate which is doubtful. Biden hasn't really been a good VP I honestly can't say what I know he's done the past 4 years. Although to be honest i'm not really sure what the VP's job is but I haven't heard him do anything except this Gun control task force recently.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

elizabeth warran and dennis kucinich

make karl rove foam at the mouth and roger ailes commit suicide

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Biden is probably not going to be VP twice.

I think the most likely outcome is that Hillary doesn't run and Biden wins the Democratic nomination (Vice Presidents almost always easily win their party's nomination). If Obama's next 4 years are even somewhat successful, Biden has a very good chance of becoming President.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreySeal9

I would support Clinton unless the Republican party had a good candidate which is doubtful. Biden hasn't really been a good VP I honestly can't say what I know he's done the past 4 years. Although to be honest i'm not really sure what the VP's job is but I haven't heard him do anything except this Gun control task force recently.

TwistedShade

If you can't say what he's done, how do you if he's been a good VP or not?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AFBrat77

I think the most likely outcome is that Hillary doesn't runand Biden wins the Democratic nomination (Vice Presidents almost always easily in their party's nomination). If Obama's next 4 years are even somewhat successful, Biden has a good chance of becoming President.

GreySeal9

I think there's a very good chance that she will run......just a vibe I'm getting, but we'll see.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

I think the most likely outcome is that Hillary doesn't runand Biden wins the Democratic nomination (Vice Presidents almost always easily in their party's nomination). If Obama's next 4 years are even somewhat successful, Biden has a good chance of becoming President.

AFBrat77

I think there's a very good chance that she will run......just a vibe I'm getting, but we'll see.

Well, she's been pretty adamant in saying she's not interested, but she could definitely change her mind in 4 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

She probably would have been a better President than Obama.

But in 2016 it's Christie all the way.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

No,

thread/

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AFBrat77

airshocker

I must say though I usually vote Democrat, I have respect for Christie, find him refreshing. But I think Hillary is definitely the stronger candidate.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I think the most likely outcome is that Hillary doesn't run and Biden wins the Democratic nomination (Vice Presidents almost always easily win their party's nomination). If Obama's next 4 years are even somewhat successful, Biden has a very good chance of becoming President.

GreySeal9

Yeah, but how many VPs actually win the election? Only four in history, none before Bush since 1836, and only one (Jefferson) has ever been re-elected. Not a stellar track record, and Biden doesn't have the most affable reputation to begin with.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

airshocker

If he can make it out of the primary..

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BossPerson

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

JML897

I cant really see anyone currently in the potential field that would win over him.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 theone86

Obama probably would have been a better President than Hillary.

alternate reality airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I must say though I usually vote Democrat, I have respect for Christie, find him refreshing. But I think Hillary is definitely the stronger candidate.

AFBrat77

That's laughable. The Republicans would destroy her when it comes to her record as Secretary of State. And he's already got a leg-up on her being a fiscal conservative in a very, very blue state.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

theone86

Yeah, but how many VPs actually win the election? Only four in history, none before Bush since 1836, and only one (Jefferson) has ever been re-elected. Not a stellar track record, and Biden doesn't have the most affable reputation to begin with.

I think Biden is a good guy and probably fun to party with, he's well respected in Congress, Obama should have used him in that capacity much earlier.....I just don't think he's as good a candidate for the top job as Hillary is, she was mastrerfull today, with no verbal screwups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

JML897

Who does he have to compete with? You better believe the RNC is already grooming him to be their candidate.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BossPerson

He should start slimming down a bit now. Be in somewhat good shape by 2016.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

theone86

Actually, the track record is not as bad as you're making it seem.Gore actually won the popular vote in 2000.

If an administration leaves the White House with good will, the VP of that administration has a good chance. The VPs that failed came from adminsitrations that did not have good will.

The Republicans pretty much need Obama to leave The White House without good will to have much of chance of winning in 2016, especially considering their demographic problems. If Obama is popular at the end of his 8 years, I see no reason why Biden wouldn't be formidable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

BossPerson

His weight is the least of my concerns.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

AFBrat77

I think Biden is a good guy and probably fun to party with, he's well respected in Congress, Obama should have used him in that capacity much earlier.....I just don't think he's as good a candidate for the top job as Hillary is, she was mastrerfull today, with no verbal screwups

I don't think Biden could ever win a presidential election. That doesn't mean I don't think he's qualified, but he has a real PR problem. He has experience, he has credentials, people (Republican faithful aside) generally agree with him on various issues, but people just do not like him. Part of it are the gaffes he makes, part of it is that sometimes he's painfully blunt, but those are the sorts of things that can kill you in a presidential election.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

airshocker

His weight is the least of my concerns.

it's for his benefit more than yours
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

airshocker

That's laughable. The Republicans would destroy her when it comes to her record as Secretary of State. And he's already got a leg-up on her being a fiscal conservative in a very, very blue state.

I disagree, her record as Secretary of State is good, I don't think its tarnished. Keep in mind that Hillary could win Southern States as Bill Clinton did, I don't think Christie can beat her in the Electoral column. I think Christies 15 minutes will fade a bit after awhile. I still like the guy though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

it's for his benefit more than yours BossPerson

Still, I don't think people much care about his weight. He's a big guy with a big attitude.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

AFBrat77

I think Hillary would be more formidable as well, but I definitely think he's the most likely candidate if she doesn't choose to run. There's not much new blood on the Dem side of things and the Dems will probably want a candidate that easily win the nomination to avoid the kind of messy process that the Republicans are almost certain to have.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
I see no good republican alternative. Although that ticket could be Republican governing themselves by the looks of how conservative Obama has gone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I disagree, her record as Secretary of State is good, I don't think its tarnished. Keep in mind that Hillary could win Southern States as Bill Clinton did, I don't think Christie can beat her in the Electoral column. I think Christies 15 minutes will fade a bit after awhile. I still like the guy though.

AFBrat77

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then. Hillary can't win southern states now, not in this political landscape. Christie could.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I think Hillary would be more formidable as well, but I definitely think he's the most likely candidate if she doesn't choose to run. There's not much new blood on the Dem side of things and the Dems will probably want a candidate that easily win the nomination to avoid the kind of messy process that the Republicans are almost certain to have.

GreySeal9

Why do you say this? You think the RNC wouldn't learn this time around?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]it's for his benefit more than yours airshocker

Still, I don't think people much care about his weight. He's a big guy with a big attitude.

yea there's that too.

I think he may actually have a better chance being 'fat' than being of normal weight.

It shows that he has a lot of character and is somewhat more 'human' than the last 6 foot tall, full haired, slim, rich white guy with 6 kids candidate you guys had.

some imperfection is good.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
ALSO the RNC is extremely butt hurt @ Obamas wins, so much so that they're trying to change electoral distribution to a proportional based system in blue states.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

You're asking if we think Republicans learn? Not sure if serious...

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="JML897"]

airshocker

Who does he have to compete with? You better believe the RNC is already grooming him to be their candidate.

Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal, Jeb Bush, Santorum are all names that have been floated about.

Chris Christie hardly has the nomination on lock, especially since many Republicans are not too happy with him. The 2016 Republican primary will be a contest between the more far right and moderate elements of the party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

airshocker

I'd agree with this if Christie wasn't the scummbag who vetoed NJ's same-sex marriage bill after it already passed.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

Problem is, Republicans have a real PR problem now and the forseeble future (Republicans in House of Representatives are a mess), and the Latino vote continues to climb, lending more votes to Democrats

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BossPerson

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

GreySeal9

Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal, Jeb Bush, Santorum are all names that have been floated about.

Chris Christie hardly has the nomination on lock, especially since many Republicans are not too happy with him. The 2016 Republican primary will be a contest between the more far right and moderate elements of the party.

Other than Jeb Bush (lets pray to god we dont get another bush in the white house) the other candidates are viewed as too extreme to be in the election. The republicans dont want to make the same mistake as last time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

GreySeal9

I would bet Jeb Bush avoids this. Santorum is so fanatical that he'll do whatever he thinks God tells him to do.

While I like Paul Ryan, I don't think he has a shot against Christie. Bobby Jindal, on the other hand...

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

It's not a matter of learning or not.

The Republican party is divided right now. Those divisions will have to work themselves out during the primary. The Republican Party, after suffering such an epic loss in 2012, will have to choose what direction it wants to go in.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

airshocker

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then. Hillary can't win southern states now, not in this political landscape. Christie could.

Hillary doesn't need to win southern states.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Problem is, Republicans have a real PR problem now and the forseeble future (Republicans in House of Representatives are a mess), and the Latino vote continues to climb, lending more votes to Democrats

AFBrat77

I'm not talking about general election woes we are certain to have.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Aljosa23

I'd agree with this if Christie wasn't the scummbag who vetoed NJ's same-sex marriage bill after it already passed.

Problem with Christie is he likely won't win the Primaries, his record in New Jersey isn't that good and is an easy target in the Primaries, despite his popularity with voters in the state.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

The Republican party is divided right now. Those divisions will have to work themselves out during the primary. The Republican Party, after suffering such an epic loss in 2012, will have to choose what direction it wants to go in.

GreySeal9

I'm almost positive the GOP learns from the ridiculous primary it had last time around. Which is why I would bet the RNC is preparing Christie this far ahead. He is already sympathetic to the Tea Party, but he isn't beholden to it like Bachmann and Santorum were.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]Yeah, but how many VPs actually win the election? Only four in history, none before Bush since 1836, and only one (Jefferson) has ever been re-elected. Not a stellar track record, and Biden doesn't have the most affable reputation to begin with.

theone86

I don't think Biden could ever win a presidential election. That doesn't mean I don't think he's qualified, but he has a real PR problem. He has experience, he has credentials, people (Republican faithful aside) generally agree with him on various issues, but people just do not like him. Part of it are the gaffes he makes, part of it is that sometimes he's painfully blunt, but those are the sorts of things that can kill you in a presidential election.

Biden's popularity is middling. He's not super popular, but he's not that unpopular either.

Like I said, if people are satisfied with the job the Obama administration has done after 8 years, he can run as a continuation of the Obama admin. Considering the Republicans' shrinking electoral map, the strong likelihood of a messy primary process, and their demographic issues, I see no reason to believe that the Republican candidate would have a better chance than the VP of a popular admistration.

And if Obama is very unpopular 8 years, the Republicans probably win anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

GreySeal9

Not the point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Problem with Christie is he likely won't win the Primaries, his record in New Jersey isn't that good and is an easy target in the Primaries, despite his popularity with voters in the state.

AFBrat77

wat?

What exactly is bad about his record?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Everyone seems to be forgetting Peyton Manning's lookalike Mitch Daniels and the token Hispanic guy Marco Rubio.

both suck

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

I'm almost positive the GOP learns from the ridiculous primary it had last time around. Which is why I would bet the RNC is preparing Christie this far ahead. He is already sympathetic to the Tea Party, but he isn't beholden to it like Bachmann and Santorum were.

I'm sure that the GOP establishment are going to try their hardest to get Christie the nomination and I think he has a good chance of it. My point is that it won't be easy. There will be resistance, which what I mean by messy primary. In contrast, Biden or Hillary would probably cruise to nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary runs basically unopposed should she run.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

Not the point.

Well, with all due respect, what's the point?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

airshocker

Just curious, what do you think of Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from Florida?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Well, with all due respect, what's the point?

GreySeal9

Disproving his point. >.>