People living off of gov. assistance should not vote.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Make a poll, tc

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@BSC14:

We basically live in a post scarcity society, and if you are not educated getting a higher end job is basically impossible. Instead what you need to do (and I'm including your neighbor in this concept) is to get two or more part time minimum wage jobs (jobs that can likely already be performed by machines) that in no way will fulfill you as a human. Other people, like your neighbor, have found a way around this and achieve a level of happiness that you yourself have been unable to replicate.

Your response to this new found way of surviving in the world is to get irrationally angry at those that accomplish it, and advocate for methods that you hope will result in the taking away of said happiness.

I like you tc, you're a classy dude.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

So because I get foot stamps and medical through the state, I shouldnt vote? Thats a bit much

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@deeliman said:

Really stupid idea that wouldn't solve this issue at all, if it's even that much of an issue, I don't know how many people on welfare are frauds.

So it's a stupid idea but you don't even know if it's an issue or how many people are frauds?

Think it's a stupid idea? Ok...

I prefer to not let leaches like this effect the outcome of who is put in office.

That said I was not suggesting that taking away that right would fix fraud, just that they should not be allowed to effect an election.

Who cares what you think? The right to vote is a constitutionally protected right. I don't like that tax-exempt organizations should be able to affectelections, such as religious organizations, but I'm not going to petition to have their rights infringed upon because I don't like something.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic but I'm a structural engineer for petrochemical company in Houston. That's said what would it matter? You have to approve of my education before my opinion counts I guess?

Also I grew up dirt poor...literally had half a roof over my head as a kid so I have been there. Maybe you need to get info before spouting off and running your mouth.....mr "shut the **** up". I have been in those shoes...was for years.

And this is a forum...so you might not care about my opinion but only an idiot would bitch about someone posting an opinion on a forum.

By the way I pay taxes you moron so that's why I care....I pay a lot of taxes. Beside you libtards don't have an issue taking away protected rights like guns so don't preach to me.

No, I'm only trying to assess the education level of someone who would have such a hair-brained idea. You certainly don't write like someone with an especially high level of education. I'm skeptical of your claims, but I've known many otherwise intelligent people who are intolerant and not particularly empathetic.

If you've been in those shoes, did your parents receive government assistance? If so, were they/you not better off for having that social safety net? My issue with such ideas is that they affect those who genuinely need the assistance and those that it helps to get back on their feet. Would you punish the majority of aid recipients just to smite the minority that game the system?

Nobody is trying to take away your guns. Paranoid much? Libtards...the use of that word speaks volumes about your closed-mindedness.

Maybe it is a bad idea....I know it would obviously not be fair to those who are not frauds. The problem is that it's not addressed so then these people are allowed to vote for a free ride....what is the answer because we know damn well nothing will ever be done.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all about helping those who need it. It's just that I don't believe anyone will ever address it. And I pay a crap ton of $$ and I look next door and see that crap....yeah it pisses me off.

And being educated dose not make someone a better person...kim jong un is well educated.

My family did not take assistance from the government, my step father worked two jobs as a security officer making crap money but getting us in a decent neighborhood. Unfortunately we did not have the money to keep the house up and pay the bills. We did have to borrow money from family regularly....fortunately I have done well enough to not live anything like that but I do know what it's like.

I just mentioned the gun thing as a response to the protected right statement. There are a large number of people who would love to take guns away...they are the libtards I was talking about and yes there are some here. I personally don't even own a gun.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts
@BSC14 said:

I just mentioned the gun thing as a response to the protected right statement. There are a large number of people who would love to take guns away...they are the libtards I was talking about and yes there are some here. I personally don't even own a gun.

I'm a liberal who owns a bigger arsenal than the local National Guard.

Generalizations, lol...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

People should assume the internet is more than America.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Wrong answer....and way to ignore the principles this country was founded on. I hope you are not from the US.

kille142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kille142
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I really hope hes not from Canada >_>.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BSC14

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14:

We basically live in a post scarcity society, and if you are not educated getting a higher end job is basically impossible. Instead what you need to do (and I'm including your neighbor in this concept) is to get two or more part time minimum wage jobs (jobs that can likely already be performed by machines) that in no way will fulfill you as a human. Other people, like your neighbor, have found a way around this and achieve a level of happiness that you yourself have been unable to replicate.

Your response to this new found way of surviving in the world is to get irrationally angry at those that accomplish it, and advocate for methods that you hope will result in the taking away of said happiness.

What I get angry about is that I pay for them to have that life, my job pays very well but why should so much of what I work for go to people like this?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@BSC14 said:

Generalizations, lol...

I don't have a problem with guns either, per se, and I tend to identify more with liberals than conservatives, particularly on social issues. That said, I'll never understand why people feel the need to own assault weapons and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable knowing everyone around me is carrying. I don't trust 90% of the population to use a firearm responsibly with a cool head, in public, should the need arise.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic

@kille142 said:

@LJS9502_basic: I really hope hes not from Canada >_>.

If he's not....we can work out a deal. You get him....sounds fair. :p

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BSC14

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wrong answer....and way to ignore the principles this country was founded on. I hope you are not from the US.

I'm from the US.

I don't think this country's principles were founded on mooching off the government either.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Serraph105

@BSC14 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@deeliman said:

Really stupid idea that wouldn't solve this issue at all, if it's even that much of an issue, I don't know how many people on welfare are frauds.

So it's a stupid idea but you don't even know if it's an issue or how many people are frauds?

Think it's a stupid idea? Ok...

I prefer to not let leaches like this effect the outcome of who is put in office.

That said I was not suggesting that taking away that right would fix fraud, just that they should not be allowed to effect an election.

Who cares what you think? The right to vote is a constitutionally protected right. I don't like that tax-exempt organizations should be able to affectelections, such as religious organizations, but I'm not going to petition to have their rights infringed upon because I don't like something.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic but I'm a structural engineer for petrochemical company in Houston. That's said what would it matter? You have to approve of my education before my opinion counts I guess?

Also I grew up dirt poor...literally had half a roof over my head as a kid so I have been there. Maybe you need to get info before spouting off and running your mouth.....mr "shut the **** up". I have been in those shoes...was for years.

And this is a forum...so you might not care about my opinion but only an idiot would bitch about someone posting an opinion on a forum.

By the way I pay taxes you moron so that's why I care....I pay a lot of taxes. Beside you libtards don't have an issue taking away protected rights like guns so don't preach to me.

No, I'm only trying to assess the education level of someone who would have such a hair-brained idea. You certainly don't write like someone with an especially high level of education. I'm skeptical of your claims, but I've known many otherwise intelligent people who are intolerant and not particularly empathetic.

If you've been in those shoes, did your parents receive government assistance? If so, were they/you not better off for having that social safety net? My issue with such ideas is that they affect those who genuinely need the assistance and those that it helps to get back on their feet. Would you punish the majority of aid recipients just to smite the minority that game the system?

Nobody is trying to take away your guns. Paranoid much? Libtards...the use of that word speaks volumes about your closed-mindedness.

Maybe it is a bad idea....I know it would obviously not be fair to those who are not frauds. The problem is that it's not addressed so then these people are allowed to vote for a free ride....what is the answer because we know damn well nothing will ever be done.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm all about helping those who need it. It's just that I don't believe anyone will ever address it. And I pay a crap ton of $$ and I look next door and see that crap....yeah it pisses me off.

And being educated dose not make someone a better person...kim jong un is well educated.

My family did not take assistance from the government, my step father worked two jobs as a security officer making crap money but getting us in a decent neighborhood. Unfortunately we did not have the money to keep the house up and pay the bills. We did have to borrow money from family regularly....fortunately I have done well enough to not live anything like that but I do know what it's like.

Your dad's case of working two jobs kinda proves my point, and it's even worse these days. Those without a college education can work 2 or more jobs, which is the socially respectable thing to do (but life is admitedly crappy for those people), or they can do what your neighbor is doing and actually enjoy their life. Yeah your neighbor isn't doing the sort of thing that earns respect, but he doesn't come home every night wishing life didn't suck so much either.

kille142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kille142
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I'm lucky i guess.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BSC14

@br0kenrabbit said:
@BSC14 said:

Generalizations, lol...

Look at what I said....I did not say all liberals and did not say all liberals were libtards...

"There are a large number of people who would love to take guns away...they are the libtards I was talking about"

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Serraph105

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14:

What I get angry about is that I pay for them to have that life, my job pays very well but why should so much of what I work for go to people like this?

I suppose you could help him get pell grants for college (again tax payer money, but whatever), and try to ensure he can get a higher paying job one day, but I don't think people are interested in the two to three minimum wage job alternative that you are angry about them not taking.

Of course it would be deliciously ironic if he went to work at a place like Walmart and still needed government assistance.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Serraph105

@BSC14 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:
@BSC14 said:

Generalizations, lol...

Look at what I said....I did not say all liberals and did not say all liberals were libtards...

"There are a large number of people who would love to take guns away...they are the libtards I was talking about"

You would spend less time explaining yourself if you didn't throw out insults/generalizations.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@bforrester420 said:

I don't have a problem with guns either, per se, and I tend to identify more with liberals than conservatives, particularly on social issues. That said, I'll never understand why people feel the need to own assault weapons and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable knowing everyone around me is carrying. I don't trust 90% of the population to use a firearm responsibly with a cool head, in public, should the need arise.

I own guns simply because I like them. I love the feeling of a powerful recoil, I love the sound, I love the mechanics, I love the way they look and feel. I love developing the skill and discipline necessary to use them well (it's not all point and shoot...if you want to be any good with them, you have to pay a lot of attention to and have control of your own physiology).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic

@BSC14 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm from the US.

I don't think this country's principles were founded on mooching off the government either.

Not addressed so not important....

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BSC14

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14:

I suppose you could help him get pell grants for college (again tax payer money, but whatever), and try to ensure he can get a higher paying job one day, but I don't think people are interested in the two to three minimum wage job alternative that you are angry about them not taking.

Of course it would be deliciously ironic if he went to work at a place like Walmart and still needed government assistance.

Now see you're assuming that I would have a problem with that situation...not at all.

If he were working at walmart and trying his best and still needed assistance I would absolutely have not one issue with him needing / getting help. I would totally respect that.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Serraph105

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14:

Now see you're assuming that I would have a problem with that situation...not at all.

If he were working at walmart and trying his best and still needed assistance I would absolutely have not one issue with him needing / getting help. I would totally respect that.

Yeah the socially respectable thing to do is all about how you feel. You don't care about the person living a crappy life, you simply care about how your money is being spent. Are you honestly surprised that people like your neighbor don't find that to be enough of a motivation?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

You feel so strongly about this, yet you are not willing to report him. Think about that.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BSC14

@LJS9502_basic said:

@BSC14 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm from the US.

Not addressed so not important....

I agree with your first post...you're right, it is ignoring the principles this country was founded on. But I also see the country/people being taken advantage of and don't see that as fair either.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 br0kenrabbit

@BSC14 said:

I'm from the US.

You're so wrong! The whole Boston Tea Party thing was because we were being taxed...to pay for the solders werequested to protect us from the natives!

Look it up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm from the US.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BSC14

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14 said:

@Serraph105 said:

@BSC14:

Yeah the socially respectable thing to do is all about how you feel. You don't care about the person living a crappy life, you simply care about how your money is being spent. Are you honestly surprised that people like your neighbor don't find that to be enough of a motivation?

If that's how you see it then fine. I see it as everyone should do their best before dipping into the pockets of others. I don't find it acceptable to expect to be taken care of if you don't try. The attitude of "why work if they will take care of me" is just a dishonest way to live.

Yes it's about my money, your money....and money that could go to people who really need it and not someone who is doesn't want to grow up.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BSC14

@br0kenrabbit said:

@BSC14 said:

I'm from the US.

You're so wrong! The whole Boston Tea Party thing was because we were being taxed...to pay for the solders werequested to protect us from the natives!

Look it up.

No what I'm saying is the idea was not to be a lazy bastard and not work expecting to be taken care of.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#79 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

In the old days many states did stipulate that only property-owners could vote. I think that was also the way it was in the French Republic after the French Revolution.

I don't think disqualifying people who are welfare recipients (especially if only for a short amount of time) or limiting the vote to property-holders is a good idea. Those people still are affected by political decisions, and thus should have some say. I could see however limiting votes on property taxes to property holders or only allowing tax-payers to vote on referenda that would affect tax rates.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@BSC14 said:

I'm from the US.

Look it up.

No what I'm saying is the idea was not to be a lazy bastard and not work expecting to be taken care of.

Bro this country was founded by lazy bastards

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#81 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@BSC14: yeah, uhm no. Everyone has a right to vote, so you're wrong here mate. Unless he's caught for scamming the goverment, and put in jail. There's not a lot of logic going on there. You're also generalizing, not everyone's like him you know...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@BSC14 said:

The two people I know who are on disability would love to work. But seeing as how they got blown up in Iraq/Afghanistan to protect your right to come on here and complain about them, that's not really in the cards. And you don't think these brave men should not be able to vote? /eyeroll

There are also people on disability who are physically functional, but their mental ailments would make maintaining employment difficult. People with certain circadian dysfunctions, for instance.

The rule stick for disability isn't that you can't do any work, it's that you can't maintain gainful employment due to some physical or mental ailment.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BSC14

@br0kenrabbit said:

@BSC14 said:

The two people I know who are on disability would love to work. But seeing as how they got blown up in Iraq/Afghanistan to protect your right to come on here and complain about them, that's not really in the cards. And you don't think these brave men should not be able to vote? /eyeroll

There are also people on disability who are physically functional, but their mental ailments would make maintaining employment difficult. People with certain circadian dysfunctions, for instance.

The rule stick for disability isn't that you can't do any work, it's that you can't maintain gainful employment due to some physical or mental ailment.

The first line I wrote was "Unless they are a vet or something along those lines".

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@BSC14 said:

The first line I wrote was "Unless they are a vet or something along those lines".

And the rest of my post?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BSC14

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BSC14: yeah, uhm no. Everyone has a right to vote, so you're wrong here mate. Unless he's caught for scamming the goverment, and put in jail. There's not a lot of logic going on there. You're also generalizing, not everyone's like him you know...

I'm not generalizing at all...I said "There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites"

And I agree....mann I hate to agree with you...but yes it would be better if the right were taken away only if busted taking advantage. Problem is nothing is really being done about it. Well at least as far as I see.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BSC14

@br0kenrabbit said:

@BSC14 said:

And the rest of my post?

I don't disagree at all. Those people in some cases are worse off than someone who can't walk. I can completely understand that.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 The_Last_Ride

@BSC14 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I'm not generalizing at all...I said "There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites"

And I agree....mann I hate to agree with you...but yes it would be better if the right were taken away only if busted taking advantage. Problem is nothing is really being done about it. Well at least as far as I see.

Look we have douchebags here in Norway aswell, but you can't refuse them to vote. You can punish them severely, but that's about all you can do

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@BSC14 said:

Unless they are a vet or something along those lines.

I know I'll be called a racist by the libtards but let me clarify why I think this.

I never really thought about it until here lately after being around one of my neighbors. I moved next door to him a couple years ago and he claims disability. How he gets away with this is totally beyond me...I have seen him do his yard work, wood construction, get drunk regularly, pick up a small fridge full of frozen fish, come home with black eyes after getting in fights...you name it. Yet while able to do these things claims he can not work...though he does from time to time doing odd jobs around the neighborhood when he's low on beer money. On top of that, after hurricane Ike he got a new home because his turd of a house was damaged during the storm. And it's not a POS....see we live on Bolivar peninsula (somewhat small but decent area on the beach), close to Houston/Galveston and he got a brand new beach house and insisted he "needed" a lift (average of about $12k after installation) attached to the home that we have never seen him use even once. He got it...all of it. We needed a lift for my home because my father-in-law is in a wheel chair and so visiting is really difficult but then so is dropping $12k.

Anyway, I know for a fact this man could absolutely work. For two years I have watched him and some others in the area that are just like him take advantage of the system. They all tend to hang out drinking and having a good time but none of these guys and ladies work. Life is all about having a good time and letting the government pay for it and they have no shame about it either. To give you an idea of how he thinks, he told me the other day that the home owners association was on his butt about cleaning up around his home....he told me they need to come do it because he shouldn't have to. Amazing....

And he will proudly tell you he is a democrat supporter....because "the republicans don't care about people like him".

And I just thought to myself...."how many people are out there just like this guy and why should they be allowed to vote at all"

Most people vote for who they believe will benefit them most and I get that but then most also contribute to society. In this situation though one party is getting votes only because the voter wants to continue to get a free ride. Though being in Texas his vote is void really but what about all the people in so many other states?

I have never had a personal problem with the guy and we get along fine so far but I have to be honest and say I would have no problem stripping him of his right to vote.

There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites...

And by the way he's white...so don't pull the race card on me, it does not apply.

Racist? You do realize that the greatest group that receives welfare are whites, right? And that the greatest number of welfare recipient states are located within southern red states, right? If anything this would harm the right far more........Furthermore how do you define parasites, under your very broad classification we could classify all those senior citizens on social security..

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BSC14

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BSC14 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Look we have douchebags here in Norway aswell, but you can't refuse them to vote. You can punish them severely, but that's about all you can do

In all honest I agree. I do get all kinds if annoyed and go off but when I stop and really think about it removing someone's right to vote is obviously extreme.

I don't know...it's messed up.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BSC14

@sSubZerOo said:

@BSC14 said:

Unless they are a vet or something along those lines.

I know I'll be called a racist by the libtards but let me clarify why I think this.

I never really thought about it until here lately after being around one of my neighbors. I moved next door to him a couple years ago and he claims disability. How he gets away with this is totally beyond me...I have seen him do his yard work, wood construction, get drunk regularly, pick up a small fridge full of frozen fish, come home with black eyes after getting in fights...you name it. Yet while able to do these things claims he can not work...though he does from time to time doing odd jobs around the neighborhood when he's low on beer money. On top of that, after hurricane Ike he got a new home because his turd of a house was damaged during the storm. And it's not a POS....see we live on Bolivar peninsula (somewhat small but decent area on the beach), close to Houston/Galveston and he got a brand new beach house and insisted he "needed" a lift (average of about $12k after installation) attached to the home that we have never seen him use even once. He got it...all of it. We needed a lift for my home because my father-in-law is in a wheel chair and so visiting is really difficult but then so is dropping $12k.

Anyway, I know for a fact this man could absolutely work. For two years I have watched him and some others in the area that are just like him take advantage of the system. They all tend to hang out drinking and having a good time but none of these guys and ladies work. Life is all about having a good time and letting the government pay for it and they have no shame about it either. To give you an idea of how he thinks, he told me the other day that the home owners association was on his butt about cleaning up around his home....he told me they need to come do it because he shouldn't have to. Amazing....

And he will proudly tell you he is a democrat supporter....because "the republicans don't care about people like him".

And I just thought to myself...."how many people are out there just like this guy and why should they be allowed to vote at all"

Most people vote for who they believe will benefit them most and I get that but then most also contribute to society. In this situation though one party is getting votes only because the voter wants to continue to get a free ride. Though being in Texas his vote is void really but what about all the people in so many other states?

I have never had a personal problem with the guy and we get along fine so far but I have to be honest and say I would have no problem stripping him of his right to vote.

There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites...

And by the way he's white...so don't pull the race card on me, it does not apply.

Racist? You do realize that the greatest group that receives welfare are whites, right? And that the greatest number of welfare recipient states are located within southern red states, right? If anything this would harm the right far more........Furthermore how do you define parasites, under your very broad classification we could classify all those senior citizens on social security..

That does not surprise me at all. I see tons of white people all over these small towns in Texas who receive government assistance. A huge number of them...so I'm right there with you. I just said that because it seems like SOME people call racism for everything.

It's not a broad classification at all...I said "There are people who really need help and there are these parasites"

These parasites being people like my neighbor...I thought it was pretty obvious. And obviously I'm not talking about people on SS....those people only get a fraction of what they put in as it is.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Serraph105

"If that's how you see it then fine. I see it as everyone should do their best before dipping into the pockets of others. I don't find it acceptable to expect to be taken care of if you don't try. The attitude of "why work if they will take care of me" is just a dishonest way to live.

Yes it's about my money, your money....and money that could go to people who really need it and not someone who is doesn't want to grow up."

@BSC14:

Let me state that moochers will continue to exist no matter what. That being said today society's alternative to mooching for those without higher education is a really crappy choice, and frankly it often involves government assistance.

Leaving people with only the option of multiple crappy jobs combined with your tax dollars doesn't actively help them (nor you tbh), it is only about making you feel slightly better.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

That's not what the constitution says /thread.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BSC14

@Serraph105 said:

"If that's how you see it then fine. I see it as everyone should do their best before dipping into the pockets of others. I don't find it acceptable to expect to be taken care of if you don't try. The attitude of "why work if they will take care of me" is just a dishonest way to live.

Yes it's about my money, your money....and money that could go to people who really need it and not someone who is doesn't want to grow up."

@BSC14:

Let me state that moochers will continue to exist no matter what. That being said today society's alternative to mooching for those without higher education is a really crappy choice, and frankly it often involves government assistance.

Leaving people with only the option of multiple crappy jobs combined with your tax dollars doesn't actively help them (nor you tbh), it is only about making you feel slightly better.

Are you suggesting that people who don't have an education should not have to work and should be supported because they don't want to work for a lower salary?

If they can work they should because that $$ could go to someone who can't work.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 The_Last_Ride

@BSC14 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BSC14 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

In all honest I agree. I do get all kinds if annoyed and go off but when I stop and really think about it removing someone's right to vote is obviously extreme.

I don't know...it's messed up.

Oh i agree, it's FUBAR. But you can't someone's rights away just because they're a douchebag. Don't know if criminals can vote in the US, but i think they should be able to

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#95  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@outworld222 said:

That's not what the constitution says /thread.

That is a bad argument since the Constitution can be changed. Better to argue on the merits of whether the OP argument in principle is good or bad policy.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Serraph105

Basically you need to advocate for something that provides people with better alternatives than simply living off welfare if you want to live in a society where people work for a living. I say this because people are not buying into that position in life if they don't have to do so, and they will never have to so long as we insist on taking care of the poor.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#97 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:
@BSC14 said:

Generalizations, lol...

Wow.

This is exactly like another terrible mentality some people advocate.

"There are black people who are cool and then there are thugs who are n******."

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BSC14

@BranKetra said:

@BSC14 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:
@BSC14 said:

Generalizations, lol...

Wow.

This is exactly like another terrible mentality some people advocate.

"There are black people who are cool and then there are thugs who are n******."

You can't be serious....

First you ask me to take "libtard" out of my first post, then you quote it AND compare it to racism?

I feel bad now....please remove the word libtard from your post it's offensive.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#99  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Your complaint is a valid one while simultaneously being absurd.

That is an interesting dichotomy.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Yeah OP, the situation with your neighbors stinks and I've seen the same situation many times. I have some folks in my extended family who can absolutely work and just mooch instead. One in particular because of a minor injury during a car accident she now is considered disabled and lives off of welfare. This injury doesn't stop her from going out and partying/dancing all night, hanging out with friends, and all sorts of other activities.

Someone mentioned above giving these people better alternatives/incentive; I think that's asinine. For a person who is lazy, doesn't want to work, and just wants to party, what better way is there than a check from uncle Sam, free/reduced housing, and no job responsibilities?