People living off of gov. assistance should not vote.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@BranKetra said:

I had a moment, but at least I am not calling users that.

hmmm...I don't believe I specifically named anyone as a li^%ard". Only that one should not be offended unless they felt they might be a li&^%rd.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

TC

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BSC14

@lostrib said:

TC

Nope, I'm here to stay my friend.....forever.

But isn't that typical....stop posting because I don't agree with you.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@BSC14:

People on assistance will keep voting for people who keep giving to them.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

TC

no, stop posting because you're just making it worse. Your original post was bad enough, but now you're arguing with mods about having to remove an "offensive" term from your post.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BSC14

@JimB said:

@BSC14:

I know, that was my whole point. It turns into buying votes basically.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@JimB said:

@BSC14:

and they have every right to vote for the candidate they want

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

TC

no, stop posting because you're just making it worse. Your original post was bad enough, but now you're arguing with mods about having to remove an "offensive" term from your post.

No, I'm arguing because he asked me to take it off and then quoted me right after. And my first post was not "bad enough"...I said nothing derogatory towards anyone with the exception that I used the word ....lib^%rd.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

No, I'm arguing because he asked me to take it off and then quoted me right after. And my first post was not "bad enough"...I said nothing derogatory towards anyone with the exception that I used the word ....lib^%rd.

I didn't say it was derogatory, I said it was bad. The ideas/statements you have put forth in this thread are completely awful, and down right un-American. You should be ashamed of yourself

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@JimB said:

@BSC14:

Yes they do. Even if it's because they are the turds of society and just want someone in office who continue to let them be.....you're right. It's their right.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@JimB said:

@BSC14:

Yes they do. Even if it's because they are the turds of society and just want someone in office who continue to let them be.....you're right. It's their right.

and yet you keep talking about taking that away from them, or somehow preventing them from exercising it

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

What about people who don't pay income tax?

Or how about people who funnel their money through foreign countries in order to get a negative tax bracket?

Veterans who get disability benefits?

People who were born with a disability?

Single, working parents who get child welfare benefits?

What you're saying is convoluted, makes little sense, and would cost a ton of money to regulate, and would require the government to investigate our lives in order to choose who is going to investigate our lives next time at the ballot.

Wouldn't that be awesome; standing in a line up reminiscent of the DMV in order to obtain the ability to vote!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

I didn't say it was derogatory, I said it was bad. The ideas/statements you have put forth in this thread are completely awful, and down right un-American. You should be ashamed of yourself

I am, I feel terrible now.

The point was that SOME people take advantage and these people have the power to sway elections. It hurts everyone including the people who really DO need the $$. You can call me un-American all you like but the way I see it, it's un-American to let them get away with it....

But you know....I'm ok with being the bad guy here.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#114 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Renevent42 said:

Someone mentioned above giving these people better alternatives/incentive; I think that's asinine. For a person who is lazy, doesn't want to work, and just wants to party, what better way is there than a check from uncle Sam, free/reduced housing, and no job responsibilities?

People tend to choose the best option they have available to them, not always, but usually. With higher paying jobs that do not require an education disappearing these days, there are about three options regularly available to poor people in this day and age; college via grants, multiple crappy jobs that you work your ass off on plus government welfare that allows them to barely scrape by, and or just welfare that allows people to barely scrape by. If you don't feel like you have what it takes to get through college than you likely are left with the other two options.

Figuring out an alternative that would mean not scraping by would actually help get at the root of the problem rather than simply looking down on them in nasty ways for choosing the option that others find distasteful.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 BSC14

@vl4d_l3nin said:

What about people who don't pay income tax?

Or how about people who funnel their money through foreign countries in order to get a negative tax bracket?

Veterans who get disability benefits?

People who were born with a disability?

Single, working parents who get child welfare benefits?

What you're saying is convoluted, makes little sense, and would cost a ton of money to regulate, and would require the government to investigate our lives in order to choose who is going to investigate our lives next time at the ballot.

I addressed vets and obviously people born with these issues would be a different situation...I did not write a whole book on how it would work.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 vl4d_l3nin

@BSC14: sound like you put very little thought into the basic idea..

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@BSC14 said:

Unless they are a vet or something along those lines.

I know I'll be called a racist by the libtards but let me clarify why I think this.

I never really thought about it until here lately after being around one of my neighbors. I moved next door to him a couple years ago and he claims disability. How he gets away with this is totally beyond me...I have seen him do his yard work, wood construction, get drunk regularly, pick up a small fridge full of frozen fish, come home with black eyes after getting in fights...you name it. Yet while able to do these things claims he can not work...though he does from time to time doing odd jobs around the neighborhood when he's low on beer money. On top of that, after hurricane Ike he got a new home because his turd of a house was damaged during the storm. And it's not a POS....see we live on Bolivar peninsula (somewhat small but decent area on the beach), close to Houston/Galveston and he got a brand new beach house and insisted he "needed" a lift (average of about $12k after installation) attached to the home that we have never seen him use even once. He got it...all of it. We needed a lift for my home because my father-in-law is in a wheel chair and so visiting is really difficult but then so is dropping $12k.

Anyway, I know for a fact this man could absolutely work. For two years I have watched him and some others in the area that are just like him take advantage of the system. They all tend to hang out drinking and having a good time but none of these guys and ladies work. Life is all about having a good time and letting the government pay for it and they have no shame about it either. To give you an idea of how he thinks, he told me the other day that the home owners association was on his butt about cleaning up around his home....he told me they need to come do it because he shouldn't have to. Amazing....

And he will proudly tell you he is a democrat supporter....because "the republicans don't care about people like him".

And I just thought to myself...."how many people are out there just like this guy and why should they be allowed to vote at all"

Most people vote for who they believe will benefit them most and I get that but then most also contribute to society. In this situation though one party is getting votes only because the voter wants to continue to get a free ride. Though being in Texas his vote is void really but what about all the people in so many other states?

I have never had a personal problem with the guy and we get along fine so far but I have to be honest and say I would have no problem stripping him of his right to vote.

There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites...

And by the way he's white...so don't pull the race card on me, it does not apply.

Racist? You do realize that the greatest group that receives welfare are whites, right? And that the greatest number of welfare recipient states are located within southern red states, right? If anything this would harm the right far more........Furthermore how do you define parasites, under your very broad classification we could classify all those senior citizens on social security..

That does not surprise me at all. I see tons of white people all over these small towns in Texas who receive government assistance. A huge number of them...so I'm right there with you. I just said that because it seems like SOME people call racism for everything.

It's not a broad classification at all...I said "There are people who really need help and there are these parasites"

These parasites being people like my neighbor...I thought it was pretty obvious. And obviously I'm not talking about people on SS....those people only get a fraction of what they put in as it is.

So basically what your saying is you support a hamfisted generalization in punishing all because of some of the people who do take advantage of the system... I honestly don't understand this outrage towards people on welfare, compared to companies like Walmart getting away with bloody murder.. In which they purposely pay their workers like sh!t, do everything in their power to force employees about to get raises to quit etc etc.. Walmart promotes their workers to taking advantage of the welfare system (showing them the in's and out's) while getting away with record profits and spreading.. And they are one of many companies who are taking advantage of the system, making millions to billions of dollars while putting as little as they can in the system.. They are more or less costing this country billions of dollars in their goal of maximizing their profits with out care of the long term effects so their executives and shareholders can run to the bank.. And really this is a bipartisan problem, both are deep in bed with the lobbying organizations of corporate America..

They are much larger parasites on our system currently than any of the welfare kings and queens in this country.. Sure it's maddening when some one abuses the system, but what is even more maddening is the complete ignoring of the much larger parasites (certain companies) to out right defense of them while they have a far greater impact on our economic and political systems.. No one here is going to rationally defend the people who do take advantage of the system, and are frauds.. But at the same time every option put forward by the people against it, including this one, is treating the people who are in need as the criminals as well. Furthermore the single welfare king or queen is but one vote with minimal impact in a district, compared to the billions of dollars that are pumped into our political system to steer elections by corporations.. Why do you think organizations like the EPA are basically under attack by all sides? Because they pose a threat to corporate America which has shown time and time again that they only care about profits.. It is why the Clean Water Act was first put to pen, because a major river had to CATCH fire for people to realize we need companies to stop poisoning our water supply.

I leave you with this.. Look at the current state of affairs in the United States... You would think with the majority of the nation having economic troubles in some form, stagnating wages, costs shooting through the roof, etc etc that we are all in general trouble.. But that isn't the case what so ever, the DOW is larger than it has ever been.. Corporations are larger than they have ever been before consistently producing growth across the board.. There is more money being pumped into politics then ever in the history of America now.. The Middle class is shrinking within the United States, and the poor class is increasing.. The average American worker works harder hour wise than the average worker of any other western country and gets the least amount of vacation days per year on average over the majority of the west.. Basically your complaining about a noticeable dent on your vehicle while the rest of it is burning.. If these welfare kings and queens are sucking up so much cash, shouldn't they be the ones exploding in power within politics and numerous other facets? They are in fact the weakest group and have some of the lowest voter turn outs to begin with.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@BSC14:

That is why Obama wants all the illegal immigrants let into the country. If he can have a great number of them in Texas and turn the state blue the Democrats will never lose another presidential election and the people on assistance will still be taking handouts while those of us who are able to find work will be paying for it all. Liberalism always generates the opposite of its stated intent.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BSC14

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe.

Vets and people born with legitimate issues would not be among the ones who could not vote.

In all reality I was just making conversation and expressing my frustration with people who don't even try to do better but expect to be carried. I was really only half serious but once people started jumping on me I figured I would argue regardless if I was really being serious or not.

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

There is a misconception about "Government Assistance".

First off, It's OUR money they took through us by taking Taxes.

Secondly, It is OUR Money.

Thirdly it is OUR Money!

You aint paying it, I aint paying it and the Government sure the hell aint paying it!

Not MY money, Not YOUR Money! Anyone whoever worked or made money paid into the system. So they are not "living off of anything". They are just getting back what they put in! You all act like people are taking money from you for Government Assistance and that is so stupid. 100's of Millions of people have paid into this "System" and never took a penny out.

So there is nothing wrong with the few and yes it is a huge minority of the 300 million Americans that need "Help".

That's the whole point of paying into a system!!!!!!!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BSC14

@High-Res said:

There is a misconception about "Government Assistance".

First off, It's OUR money they took through us by taking Taxes.

Secondly, It is OUR Money.

Thirdly it is OUR Money!

You aint paying it, I aint paying it and the Government sure the hell aint paying it!

Not MY money, Not YOUR Money! Anyone whoever worked or made money paid into the system. So they are not "living off of anything". They are just getting back what they put in! You all act like people are taking money from you for Government Assistance and that is so stupid. 100's of Millions of people have paid into this "System" and never took a penny out.

So there is nothing wrong with the few and yes it is a huge minority of the 300 million Americans that need "Help".

That's the whole point of paying into a system!!!!!!!

Our $ goes to taxes, taxes help pay for the government assistance. Am I wrong?

And I'm not talking about people temporarily collecting while they are out of work, I'm talking about people who no plans on ever working....like my neighbor.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

The point was that SOME people take advantage and these people have the power to sway elections. It hurts everyone including the people who really DO need the $$. You can call me un-American all you like but the way I see it, it's un-American to let them get away with it....

...you think it's un-American to let people vote for those who support their way of life/views?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe.

Vets and people born with legitimate issues would not be among the ones who could not vote.

In all reality I was just making conversation and expressing my frustration with people who don't even try to do better but expect to be carried. I was really only half serious but once people started jumping on me I figured I would argue regardless if I was really being serious or not.

In that case, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I don't feel like you are contributing to society so your rights should be taken away

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

...you think it's un-American to let people vote for those who support their way of life/views?

Yes, if their life style is anything like my neighbor....absolutely.

Why should they do nothing but take when they could work? What about the people who need help that could receive more than what little they get now but can't because $$ is stretched too thin?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe.

In that case, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I don't feel like you are contributing to society so your rights should be taken away

But I do...in fact I pay more than my fair share.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Maybe.

But I do...in fact I pay more than my fair share.

Nope, I feel your views negatively effect society so I don't think you should vote anymore

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

Why should they do nothing but take when they could work? What about the people who need help that could receive more than what little they get now but can't because $$ is stretched too thin?

and you know who is worse than those people?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#129 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Using libtards and assuming people who find your idea moronic and dangerous are liberal makes you seem like a stubborn person who is unwilling to listen to views that oppose yours.

The leftist on this board are not willing to hear any views that differ form theirs either, everyone who has been here long enough knows better than this. Stop with the holier than thou bullshit.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lostrib

@vfibsux said:

@dave123321 said:

Using libtards and assuming people who find your idea moronic and dangerous are liberal makes you seem like a stubborn person who is unwilling to listen to views that oppose yours.

The leftist on this board are not willing to hear any views that differ form theirs either, everyone who has been here long enough knows better than this. Stop with the holier than thou bullshit.

I think most of us are just appalled with the idea of taking away people's right to vote

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

Well don't keep me in suspense......who? And why?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lostrib

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

that would be you

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@vfibsux said:

@dave123321 said:

I think most of us are just appalled with the idea of taking away people's right to vote

And I will agree that taking away someone's right to vote is a bit un-American. It's way extreme....I get that.

I wouldn't do it in reality if I had the power but I'll keep arguing if you like.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BSC14

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

that would be you

lol...I know. :)

However that is why I asked "And why?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-59d151f079814

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

that would be you

Pretty sure he is going to say the people he thinks are liberals, those being United States liberals.. After all the US being a very conservative country compared to the rest of the first world, he most think the rest of the world are full of communist socialist scum.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BSC14

@sSubZerOo said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

that would be you

Pretty sure he is going to say the people he thinks are liberals, those being United States liberals.. After all the US being a very conservative country compared to the rest of the first world, he most think the rest of the world are full of communist socialist scum.

OMG are you stereotyping me? I thought you guys were open-minded and didn't support stereotypes? I guess I'm some redneck racist too? :P

No, I don't think that about the rest of the world nor do I think liberals are terrible people. I just think they have problems dealing with logic but usually are decent people...as decent as the human race can be anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@BSC14 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

@lostrib said:

@BSC14 said:

that would be you

OMG are you stereotyping me? I thought you guys were open-minded and didn't support stereotypes? I guess I'm some redneck racist too? :P

No, I don't think that about the rest of the world nor do I think liberals are terrible people. I just think they have problems dealing with logic but usually are decent people...as decent as the human race can be anyway.

Actually that was a mistake for some reason I thought Vfibsux was in this string and it was specifically directed towards him with his inflammatory remarks.. Apologies.. And furthermore I don't think I have called any one here a racist red neck to begin with, in less I am drunk..

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@vfibsux: you are one of the most closed minded people here who likes to generalize people because it fits into your fucked up anti-american world view.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#140 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

For a board that supposed to be so liberal, there sure are a lot of callous and immature rightwingers on here.

Anyway, taking away someone's right to vote just because they are on public assistance is disgusting, especially considering that not everybody who is on welfare is dishonest or lazy or whatever label you wish to attach to them.

Grow up.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BSC14

@GreySeal9 said:

For a board that supposed to be so liberal, there sure are a lot of callous and immature rightwingers on here.

Anyway, taking away someone's right to vote just because they are on public assistance is disgusting, especially considering that not everybody who is on welfare is dishonest or lazy or whatever label you wish to attach to them.

Grow up.

I didn't put a label on anyone except the people I described ....not everyone who needs help.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@vfibsux: don't complain about closed minded people not willing to listen when you come into this thread and refuse to read what people had to say

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Don't know if criminals can vote in the US, but i think they should be able to

Criminals who are incarcerated are not allowed to vote...if that's what you meant.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

This is a fucking dumb idea.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#145 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@jasean79: that's weird, that's not the case here

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

@Renevent42 said:

Someone mentioned above giving these people better alternatives/incentive; I think that's asinine. For a person who is lazy, doesn't want to work, and just wants to party, what better way is there than a check from uncle Sam, free/reduced housing, and no job responsibilities?

People tend to choose the best option they have available to them, not always, but usually. With higher paying jobs that do not require an education disappearing these days, there are about three options regularly available to poor people in this day and age; college via grants, multiple crappy jobs that you work your ass off on plus government welfare that allows them to barely scrape by, and or just welfare that allows people to barely scrape by. If you don't feel like you have what it takes to get through college than you likely are left with the other two options.

Figuring out an alternative that would mean not scraping by would actually help get at the root of the problem rather than simply looking down on them in nasty ways for choosing the option that others find distasteful.

For the situation I and the OP described, what you said doesn't address anything. There are people out there who are flat out lazy and don't want to work and just want to party. Given the opportunity (ie welfare/etc), they will do just that.

Anyways there's still plenty of jobs that don't require a college education out there. You won't be rich, but you won't be scraping by either and will have many amenities that 75% of the rest of the world only wishes they had.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79: that's weird, that's not the case here

Really? How odd. Criminals gave up their rights when they committed the crime that landed them in prison.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

People already bitch about us taking a convicted felon's right to vote away in some states, so there is no way we could do that to people on welfare. A better solution would be to investigate welfare fraud but the question is if it would be worth it on a financial standpoint. It might cost more to investigate fraud than what we would save from who we catch.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 vl4d_l3nin
@vfibsux said:

I am not even going to read the thread because I already know the leftist, socialist hacks who are crying about this.

Socialist because we think voting should be as universal as possible?

Loading Video...

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jasean79

@ad1x2 said:

People already bitch about us taking a convicted felon's right to vote away in some states, so there is no way we could do that to people on welfare. A better solution would be to investigate welfare fraud but the question is if it would be worth it on a financial standpoint. It might cost more to investigate fraud than what we would save from who we catch.

How about they offer rewards to citizens for turning in these criminals that are abusing the system? I think a mere $1000 reward would do, and cost a lot less than continuing to pay benefits to those that don't need it.