Only 4 hours of sleep a day

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="-Renegade"]its not healty. i know this gril at my job that only gets 4 hours of sleep. your body needs more sleep then that you are killing yourself.gamerguru100
Sleep, no sleep. You're going to die either way.

This. But I really wish we naturally needed only a few hours of sleep. We'd have more time for work and leisure.

You can develop type 2 diabeties from lack of sleep. And you have a possibility of becoming obese(less sleep, some cell in your brain that tells you when you're full starts slacking off.)
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Sleep, no sleep. You're going to die either way.

This. But I really wish we naturally needed only a few hours of sleep. We'd have more time for work and leisure.

You can develop type 2 diabeties from lack of sleep. And you have a possibility of becoming obese(less sleep, some cell in your brain that tells you when you're full starts slacking off.)

I said, "naturally", so I would hope that could counteract that somehow. And we're still all gonna die anyway.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] This. But I really wish we naturally needed only a few hours of sleep. We'd have more time for work and leisure. gamerguru100

I said, "naturally", so I would hope that could counteract that somehow. And we're still all gonna die anyway.

Besides, losing the last 10 years of your life isn't so bad. Thats 10 less years of sitting in a home, unable to care for yourself, getting sponge baths from gross nurses who hate their jobs.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
In my early 30's I did full time college, part-time job and full time party. I'm not sure how I did it because now I need 8-12 hours of sleep at least and I need sleep aids due to working odd hours. Go figure.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

I was referring to Nibroc.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

I was referring to Nibroc.

Wolfetan
Does Type two diabetes, or obesity prevent death? No, they actually help it progress faster. Doesn't change my earlier statement; You're going to die, regardless of the amount of sleep you're getting.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="Wolfetan"] You can develop type 2 diabeties from lack of sleep. And you have a possibility of becoming obese(less sleep, some cell in your brain that tells you when you're full starts slacking off.)Nibroc420

Besides, losing the last 10 years of your life isn't so bad. Thats 10 less years of sitting in a home, unable to care for yourself, getting sponge baths from gross nurses who hate their jobs.

Pretty much. I wouldn't wanna be a 90 year old and be restricted to someone bathing me and changing my adult diapers and wiping my ass for me.
Liam9512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Liam9512
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

A bit late, but I want to share my experience anyways. I have been sleeping for 4,5 hours every day for about a year now and so far so good. Just make sure you get about 4,5 hours maybe, I have been sleeping even less than that, but after a while you won't be able to keep on doing that. Another tip from me , follow your sleeping cycles. As you might know when taking a catnap, it shouldn't last longer than 30 minutes. This is because in the first 30 minutes we are not yet in our deepest sleep, which follows the next hour. So, you have cycles of 1,5 hours, than you get back to 'light' sleep. If you wake up then, you will feel more refreshed them waking up 30 minutes later. That is also why I sleep 4,5 hours, not 4.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Old thread.

However, since it's here, I am one busy motherfucker, but I pretty much refuse to sleep less than 6 hours a night regardless of what I was doing the previous day - and I strongly prefer 8. I cannot function without sleep. The notion of 4 hours of sleep a night on a regular basis, I mean, holy fucking shit I'd die simply driving places. It'd be nice to extend my effective waking lifespan by 25%, so I am a little envious of people who can swing it.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#60 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:

I go to work and college. I get around 30-35 hours of work a week then go full time at college. I realized that I need to sleep just 4 hours a night so that I can get some extra time to study. Its been working with me because I can stay awake good till I start work. When I start work, I dont get sleepy at all because it keeps me busy. When I come home from work I just go to sleep. I dont go home either on the days I work, so its hard to feel like I can just lay down and sleep.

Any of you just sleep 4 hours a day? How was it like for you?

Four hours is not enough. If you intend to work at maximum capacity, you need seven hours if you have a normal build.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I could survive on 3 - 4 hours of sleep when I was working full time.

If only the days were longer...

EDIT: old thread. Ok then...