Never gonna take the NFL serious again....

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
vikings had their chance... that last play before the end of the 4th qtr was a TERRIBLE call. they gave the ball away too many times and in the end the saints took advantage of that.
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 Buck_Hotep
Member since 2003 • 10589 Posts

I always seem to see these kinds of topics pop up when a fan of a particular team thinks the refs screwed their team in the playoffs. My answer to that is...your team should've done better to win their game. The refs during the Vikings/Saints game were awful officiating the game for both teams. I say real fans should blame the team and their coach for not preparing the team better (12 man in the huddle in the final seconds of a potential game-winning FG) and their team's star players for not playing better (2 late game INTs and case of fumble-itis).

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

They lost. Quit ******** about it.clayron

If a team was robbed as bad as the Vikings were last night, I think they earned the right to **** all they want about it.

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Buck_Hotep

[QUOTE="clayron"]They lost. Quit ******** about it.LikeHaterade

If a team was robbed as bad as the Vikings were last night, I think they earned the right to **** all they want about it.

Then if that's the case if they did win then the Saints fans could say the same since some of those pass interference and roughing the passer calls were borderline at best and refs overly protective of Favre at worst. Some of those calls ended up saving the Vikings drive and leading to two TDs. One of them being the TD which tied the game late in the 4th.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="clayron"]They lost. Quit ******** about it.Buck_Hotep

Then if that's the case if they did win then the Saints fans could say the same since some of those pass interference and roughing the passer calls were borderline at best and refs overly protective of Favre at worst. Some of those calls ended up saving the Vikings drive and leading to two TDs. One of them being the TD which tied the game late in the 4th.

I agreed with one of them. I do not recall the other. The defender watched Favre throw the ball, and while I can understand him having too much momentum from running and not being able to stop, the defender picked Favre up and slammed him on the ground. The Vikings got far worse calls in that game IMO. I did not see any major calls for Saints fans to complain about, had they lost in that game. This coming from an unbiased standpoint.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

These people complaining only have tunnel vision, I thought Minnesota had a few calls go their way that shouldn't have early in the game. Fifteen yards roughing the passer because he was in the process of tackling Favre when he threw the ball and Favre takes an epic flop to make it look like eh was driven to the ground? another fifteen yards for a hit on Favre because they ran a fake play where the rusher thought Favre still had possession? Vikings got just as many breaks as the Saints, maybe instead of complaining about penalties Vikes fans should be complaining about the SIX TURNOVERS, most of them from their two best players.

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Buck_Hotep

[QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

LikeHaterade

I agreed with one of them. I do not recall the other. The defender watched Favre throw the ball, and while I can understand him having too much momentum from running and not being able to stop, the defender picked Favre up and slammed him on the ground. The Vikings got far worse calls in that game IMO. I did not see any major calls for Saints fans to complain about, had they lost in that game. This coming from an unbiased standpoint.

Like I said, some were borderline and in most playoff games refs will rarely call them, especially deep into a game. The roughing the passer calls were definitely the refs being overly protective. Maybe they thought Favre was getting hit too much (and he was like a redheaded stepchild). What I'm trying to say is that both teams were getting subpar officiating from the refs during the game. In the end, the Saints made less mistakes and when they saw the chance to win the game they went for it. The Vikings just seemed to play sloppy all day long. They should've won and it wasn't the refs who made them lose. It was their 3 lost fumbles and two INTs which did it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
The Vikings are my least favorite team by far. I'm glad that they're out! I did NOT want them in the Superbowl being even more arrogant than they already are because, you see, I'm a Packers fan, and they have Favre now, and I didn't want them thinking that they're suddenly the best team ever. :D
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Buck_Hotep

The Vikings are my least favorite team by far. I'm glad that they're out! I did NOT want them in the Superbowl being even more arrogant than they already are because, you see, I'm a Packers fan, and they have Favre now, and I didn't want them thinking that they're suddenly the best team ever. :Dt3hrubikscube

Now the Vikings fans know how you feel then. :lol:

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

this is just karma getting back at him for that retirement charade. thats what brett gets for thinking "o i can skip training camp, do half the work that everyone else does...and get paid more for it!" nothing makes me happier when someone gets special treatment, thengets smashed and embarassed in front of everyone. in a sense, i knew he wouldnt win this game...he didnt deserve it.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]I got to say I think NO had to play through quite a few iffy calls. Those hits on Mr. Favre were also perfectly clean, and at this point it wouldn't be hard to break his 40+ year old ankle. If he is going to get that hurt after every hit maybe he should just retire. You know, for real this time.
Americans love their sports with abstract rules that are always controversial no matter what the call. Should just stick to sports like football and basketball where any minor contact is usually called as a foul.F1_2004
Wussy sports?

Sport is sport, not melee combat. Europeans love their boxing as well as their footy, but separately.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
the vikings didn't play well enough to win. I don't think the refs gave the game to the saints.
Shawcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Shawcross
Member since 2007 • 1277 Posts

Well personally I don't blame the refs entirely for the Vikings loss cause the Vikings kept turning the ball over when they really needed a TD and 2 of those turnovers were in the Red Zone. The only call I saw that was over stupid was when they reviewed the catch that gave the Saints a 1st down in Overtime and set them up in field goal range. It was clearly a incomplete pass and the ground caught the ball for the receiverwhich should of been overturned. Also to add to this I am not a Vikings fan or a Saints fan.

Funny that on every single Football topic people come in here bashing it saying Soccer is better.......... Soccer may be better in other countries but if you look at viewing and income stats Soccer is a very lowly sport in America so get over it soccer fans cause it won't ever be a huge sport in the USA like Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#64 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
in all honesty, i thought the referees were giving old man favre too much attention earlier in the game. before the low hit that hurt favres ankle, they were calling roughing the passer on clean hits. either way, you cant have that many turnovers and complain about the game being taken from you.
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
If he wasn't fit to play, then they should have took him out. SIMPLE AS THAT. He is old(Well, old in football years) and frankly should have retired 2 years ago when he had the chance do do it with dignity. Maybe if he didn't make a rudimentary mistake by passing when he should have ran, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
Well, a few plays before Favre hurt his leg, the Saints got called for what I thought was a pretty clean tackle. I understand the desire from some to see the QB get more protection, but it's getting to the point where you can hardly hit him at all. If Favre is too old to take a hit, he should not have been playing.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Whine whine whine whine..... Maybe if the Vikings held onto the ball they would have won. You can't expect to win with that many turnovers, they were completely at fault on that.

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Buck_Hotep

With all the whining Vikings fans are doing about the refs taking the game away from their team Green Bay Packers fans need to send them truckloads of cheese to top it off.

Avatar image for priestinacloset
priestinacloset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 priestinacloset
Member since 2005 • 1508 Posts
You should see basketball and their no calls. I've seen Bulls D Rose drive to the basket many times, got hit, and he never got the foul call yet the refs would usually call a tic tacky foul against the bulls. Definitely pisses me off, but I'm not going to stop watching basketball...tocool340
basketball reffing was so bad that there was one ref blatantly trying to influence the outcome of games. AND NO ONE COULD TELL. because the rest of the officials were so poor
doctorfoiyopie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 doctorfoiyopie
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

I think there was one bad call against the Saints. The last booth review in OT. He did not have control of that ball. It also hit the ground.

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
Your point would have been valid if the Vikings didn't have 3 opportunities to win the game even with the "bad" calls. /thread
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

Welcome to the world of sports. If you dislike the NFL may I introduce you to the NHL? Much more exciting.

Triniboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Triniboy95
Member since 2010 • 279 Posts

It ranks up there with the WWE the way the refs never seem to see the Vikes QB getting his liver removed via his facemask or how they high/low him, damn near break his ankle, all a good hour after the pass. Oh and the reviews were a joke. Why go through the charade if your just gonna deiced the play in favor of NO. We all know they need to win and wah wah wah and all that crap. Better yet, why play? I mean a "game" needs things called "rules" and stuff and it seemed that the rule book was not their for NO. They got away with so much crap. Cathes that were not catches, TDs that were not TDs, roughing the passer that a 10 drunk monkeys could call while throwing their feces.

Whatever. Rule one if your a Vikes fan: Prepared to be burned by the refs.....

Zoomer30

This is just trolling. And bad trolling at that.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts

You should see basketball and their no calls. I've seen Bulls D Rose drive to the basket many times, got hit, and he never got the foul call yet the refs would usually call a tic tacky foul against the bulls. Definitely pisses me off, but I'm not going to stop watching basketball...tocool340

Fellow Bulls fan?

Derrick has been a little better at getting calls lately but I think it's ridiculous that a player needs to get respect in the league in order to get the proper calls. A foul is a foul wheter its Kobe Bryant or Lindsey Hunter getting fouled. Watching a lot of these games makes me kind of believe Tim Donaghy.

areuodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 areuodd
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts
At least it wasn't a blowout and came down to just a field goal
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] :o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:

Im afraid a lot of Americans dislike soccer "because nothing happens" :(

Americans are big on scoring, and scoring often. In a game like hockey or soccer we tend to claim nothing happens in comparison to a basketball game or a football game.

Actually, I think we like sports that emphasize possession. In soccer, it doesn't really matter who has control of the ball since it'll end up in the team's control soon enough. I'm sure a lot of the scoring in soccer comes from coordinated efforts, but a lot of it seems to be someone sneaking in a quick kick while everyone's all in a mess at one end of the field. In football and basketball, who is in control of the ball really matters. Turnovers are actually kept track of, and are important to the game. They can be game-changing... but in soccer it's just like "oh, well.. um, now that team's kicking the ball around... wait no, now it's going the oth -- scratch that now it's back this wa -- no, nevermind, it's on th -- oh **** this."
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#77 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

What pissed me off was how the Saints were playing dirty in trying to hurt Favre, and how the Ref let the "catch" on 3rd and 3 in OT stand. It all comes down to the terrible, TERRIBLE overtime rules in the NFL.

And to all the American Football haters in this thread, GTFO.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Meh. You gotta admit we did give the game away though.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
The only bs call I saw in that game was the pass interference in the overtime..other than that it was a great game. They lost get over it, there's always next year. The refs are human, they'll make errors every one and a while.
ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
Huh... I thought the refs loved his Royal Highness Brett Farve.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

Anyone above me posting about "quit complaining" "quit **** "this is typical" You are ALL a bunch of PRICKS. I'm a Vikings fan, and I'll say we beat ourselves, but the emotions are high right now running in Viking Nation after a loss like that. That whole overtime, the refs jobbed the Vikings. But next time your team gets handed an emotional loss like that, we'll see how u feel after a game like that. have a little respect, tho i know a bunch of u metal-heard pieces of **** don't give a crap about football yet are still posting in this thread.

MaddenBowler10
My team did have a loss....I'm a Jets fan and have been for 20 years....we've been getting beat for 41 years...
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] :o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:clayron
Im afraid a lot of Americans dislike soccer "because nothing happens" :(

Americans are big on scoring, and scoring often. In a game like hockey or soccer we tend to claim nothing happens in comparison to a basketball game or a football game.

I'm American and honestly i think hockey is the most fun to watch because its so fast-paced and entertaining. Soccer on ice never looked so good.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#84 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]

Anyone above me posting about "quit complaining" "quit **** "this is typical" You are ALL a bunch of PRICKS. I'm a Vikings fan, and I'll say we beat ourselves, but the emotions are high right now running in Viking Nation after a loss like that. That whole overtime, the refs jobbed the Vikings. But next time your team gets handed an emotional loss like that, we'll see how u feel after a game like that. have a little respect, tho i know a bunch of u metal-heard pieces of **** don't give a crap about football yet are still posting in this thread.

BladeOfHeaven
My team did have a loss....I'm a Jets fan and have been for 20 years....we've been getting beat for 41 years...

ur team didn't have the heartbreaking loss that the Vikings had, or have had in the past.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

When you turn the ball over 6 times, you don't deserve to **** about anything.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LikeHaterade

Like I said, some were borderline and in most playoff games refs will rarely call them, especially deep into a game. The roughing the passer calls were definitely the refs being overly protective. Maybe they thought Favre was getting hit too much (and he was like a redheaded stepchild). What I'm trying to say is that both teams were getting subpar officiating from the refs during the game. In the end, the Saints made less mistakes and when they saw the chance to win the game they went for it. The Vikings just seemed to play sloppy all day long. They should've won and it wasn't the refs who made them lose. It was their 3 lost fumbles and two INTs which did it.

Buck_Hotep

Or it was the bad calls in OT that allowed the Saints to win. Either way, I never said that it was the calls that caused the Vikings to lose. I just said that based on what I saw, they got screwed over a lot worse than the Saints in the game.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
dude......you guys coughed teh ball up 5 times.....you shoulda been blown out by 50....be happy you were even in that game and call it a good year...
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

The refs burnt the Saints even more than the Vikings (ie roughing the passer calls).

Tell me ONE bad call against the Vikings, just one.

AHUGECAT
Dude you just screwed yourself over...the meachum catch at the end of the game was not a catch...the pass interference was not a pass interference at all at the end of the game...oh wait sorry you wanted just one my fault
boxofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 boxofwonder
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

[QUOTE="boxofwonder"]

i never have, i dont know how you americans like it... you play for 10 seconds and then you stop for a whole 2 minutes?? and whats with all the protective gear? grow a pair.

UltimoIce

My assumption is that you are English, and use rugby as a basis for football being a wimpy sport. Yes, rugby is a tough sport, but so is getting hit by 300 pounds of pure muscle as hard as they can hit you 80 times in one night.

As someone else mentioned, ignorance is great!

i HAVE to clear up the fact that i'm not british (australian- happy australia day!) and that saying so is an insult as everything there is kinda going downhill - look at the legal system...

AND what difference is getting hit 80 times a night if your practically one step away from bieng an armoured mech?

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
I agree completely. The three fumbles -- especially the one on the ten at the end of the first half -- and the INT when the game was very, very winnable with a field goal (worst pass ever?) were not factors at all. It was all the officials. They were clearly out to "get" the Vikings fans. They just can't stand Minnesota. Seven points off the board at the end of the half and a few fumbles that could have went the Saints' way were nonfactors. Also, fielding a punt on the goal line was an intelligent play. Recap: Not capitalizing on Reggie Bush's fumble by fumbling the ball, lucking out on not losing the ball even more times, and throwing one of the worst passes (given the circumstances) in league history were nothing compared to the calls that went in favor of the Saints. What a joke of a league.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
I can't stand the vikings and ill tell you right now the refs made it so the NO aints won its obvious that sports are fixed can't you guys see? I mean we all see the same plays as everyone else and well guess what ttheres more than one ref out there and the refs are always right there to if ur not gonna make the right calls then move the hell out of the way so u don't get hit in thd balls by a pass....and if one ref doesn't see something then another ref should sorry...
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
I can't stand the vikings and ill tell you right now the refs made it so the NO aints won its obvious that sports are fixed can't you guys see? I mean we all see the same plays as everyone else and well guess what ttheres more than one ref out there and the refs are always right there to if ur not gonna make the right calls then move the hell out of the way so u don't get hit in thd balls by a pass....and if one ref doesn't see something then another ref should sorry...Eazy1891
Different officials have different jobs and different places to see. Also, a large part of the game is judgment by the officials. Is it a hold or isn't it? Was that really pass interference or was it going both ways? It's not as simple as someone should always see a penalty when it happens: it's IF an official sees a penalty, does said penalty warrant a flag being thrown?
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

The only call that bothered me was the phantom pass interference call in overtime... there was virtually no contact, the reciever just got turned around by the pass and tripped over his own feet. Then you throw in the fact that the ball wasn't even catchable... and they still called it.

Now granted, I'm a Dolphins fan, so this game was nothing more than entertainment for me. That call still irked me a bit though.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

When you turn the ball over 6 times, you don't deserve to **** about anything.

Renegade_Fury

They were lucky they were even still in it.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#95 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
Oh, so did the refs grease the ball up too? And did they force Favre to throw those picks?
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Buck_Hotep

dude......you guys coughed teh ball up 5 times.....you shoulda been blown out by 50....be happy you were even in that game and call it a good year...Omni-Slash

Man, like always, speaks truth. Plus, this was Favre you Vikes fans had in the end. His last pass as a Packer was during the NFC championship game and guess what he did....INT.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

After "bountygate" this topic almost became prophetic given that it was this very game that started the investigation.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Ah AHUGECAT...I wonder who he is now.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points