Never gonna take the NFL serious again....

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

It ranks up there with the WWE the way the refs never seem to see the Vikes QB getting his liver removed via his facemask or how they high/low him, damn near break his ankle, all a good hour after the pass. Oh and the reviews were a joke. Why go through the charade if your just gonna deiced the play in favor of NO. We all know they need to win and wah wah wah and all that crap. Better yet, why play? I mean a "game" needs things called "rules" and stuff and it seemed that the rule book was not their for NO. They got away with so much crap. Cathes that were not catches, TDs that were not TDs, roughing the passer that a 10 drunk monkeys could call while throwing their feces.

Whatever. Rule one if your a Vikes fan: Prepared to be burned by the refs.....

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
:lol: This reminds me of all the whining Seahawk fans did after their Superbowl with the Steelers.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

The refs burnt the Saints even more than the Vikings (ie roughing the passer calls).

Tell me ONE bad call against the Vikings, just one.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

:lol: This reminds me of all the whining Seahawk fans did after their Superbowl with the Steelers. JML897

Now that was true bias. The refs were VERY anti-Seahawks that game and that isn't even debatable. The Seahawks were jobbed.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I have never seen so much whining from so many men. They lost. Quit ******** about it.
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

One: there's already a few topics on this. Second: it's not the refs playing the game. Had the Vikings not been so sloppy handling the ball, they'd be on their way to the SB right now.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
uhh lol... we have a mad vikings fan. alas refs are human and as long as they dont review every play(ala college) there is bound to be some human error... but the game was called decently.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I love when people talking about sports being rigged, it's always entertaining, and I love to go and watch the match in question, because after reading a rant, you start to notice more sketchy calls :P And man, it's been ages since I last saw a post from AHUGECAT! :o Were you on vacation? If you were, welcome back :D
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Good God, Vikings fans whine a lot. The refs really were not that bad. You had numerous chances to win the game, but couldn't get it done. Stop blaming the refs for the loss.

trenno2529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trenno2529
Member since 2007 • 3396 Posts

NFL has never been anything but a glorification of mediocre athletes.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
NBA its much worse my god.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#12 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
You'll be back.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 II_Seraphim_II
NBA its much worse my god.MrLions
To be honest, the only sport I can stand to watch is Soccer. It's fast paced, entertaining, and just a lot of fun to both watch and play. While American Football, may be fun to play *AT TIMES* its a total chore to watch. NBA is also pretty boring to watch. Soccer is the only sport I find both enjoyable to watch, play and play on video games.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrLions
[QUOTE="MrLions"]NBA its much worse my god.II_Seraphim_II
To be honest, the only sport I can stand to watch is Soccer. It's fast paced, entertaining, and just a lot of fun to both watch and play. While American Football, may be fun to play *AT TIMES* its a total chore to watch. NBA is also pretty boring to watch. Soccer is the only sport I find both enjoyable to watch, play and play on video games.

I see NBA and Soccer to be the same thing O_O It's fast paste and keeps going and going non stop, so I really dont get why you dont like the NBA xD. I agree with you on Soccer and football :D
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TaCoDuDe

[QUOTE="MrLions"]NBA its much worse my god.II_Seraphim_II

Complete opposite for me. I get bored out of my skull watching soccer.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="MrLions"]NBA its much worse my god.TaCoDuDe

:o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrLions
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] :o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:

Im afraid a lot of Americans dislike soccer "because nothing happens" :(
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
You should see basketball and their no calls. I've seen Bulls D Rose drive to the basket many times, got hit, and he never got the foul call yet the refs would usually call a tic tacky foul against the bulls. Definitely pisses me off, but I'm not going to stop watching basketball...
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] :o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:

Americans are big on scoring, and scoring often. In a game like hockey or soccer we tend to claim nothing happens in comparison to a basketball game or a football game.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TaCoDuDe

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] To be honest, the only sport I can stand to watch is Soccer. It's fast paced, entertaining, and just a lot of fun to both watch and play. While American Football, may be fun to play *AT TIMES* its a total chore to watch. NBA is also pretty boring to watch. Soccer is the only sport I find both enjoyable to watch, play and play on video games. II_Seraphim_II

:o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:

I don't hate it, I just hate watching it. I played soccer for 12 years, including 5 years of club, and loved it. I just find watching it incredibly boring.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="MrLions"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] :o I must be imagining what I think I just read. Surely no one could possibly hate soccer! :o --- :| ---- :x --- :evil:

And you know what? think about American Football. They spend more time in a huddle or on the line, than actually playing the damn game. How is that fun? Maybe if I had a fetish for (sometimes) overweight men in tights.... You change those NFL players to female supermodels, then we have a sport I can watch :D
Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bruin4ev3r1520
Member since 2005 • 8843 Posts
I say the same thing about the NBA whenever a team I support is kicked out of the playoffs :P
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
dude its opinion.. i love watching basketball and football on tv, in person or listening on the radio... i like watching baseball in person... i find soccer extremely boring to watch on tv... but thats my opinion.. soccer is the most popular sport in the world so i know a bunch of people love it, but many people have different opinions.
RJay123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RJay123
Member since 2009 • 911 Posts

Football is very very boring for me to watch.

But I find when I play the Madden or NCAA Football video games, I have a good time. It makes me appreciate the strategy more if I'm the one calling the shots.

Still, it's a snoozefest for me to watch it for real.

boxofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 boxofwonder
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

i never have, i dont know how you americans like it... you play for 10 seconds and then you stop for a whole 2 minutes?? and whats with all the protective gear? grow a pair.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 II_Seraphim_II

i never have, i dont know how you americans like it... you play for 10 seconds and then you stop for a whole 2 minutes?? and whats with all the protective gear? grow a pair.

boxofwonder
Seriously. Rugby is 100x better, and im not even a big fan of the sport. I can sort of forgive the tights and protective, but I can't forgive the stopping after each and every fraking play! FFS! I don't know why they even have halftime for the NFL, It's like standing around for half the game isn't enough rest....
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Americans love their sports with abstract rules that are always controversial no matter what the call. Should just stick to sports like football and basketball where any minor contact is usually called as a foul.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
I got to say I think NO had to play through quite a few iffy calls. Those hits on Mr. Favre were also perfectly clean, and at this point it wouldn't be hard to break his 40+ year old ankle. If he is going to get that hurt after every hit maybe he should just retire. You know, for real this time.
Americans love their sports with abstract rules that are always controversial no matter what the call. Should just stick to sports like football and basketball where any minor contact is usually called as a foul.F1_2004
Wussy sports?
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
NBA its much worse my god.MrLions
Raps beat the Lakers :)
XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts

Aw, I see someone's upset the Vikings lost... Well, I haven't seen the game (Damn Fox...), so I can't judge on how blind the refs were, but I'm glad Saints won... for some reason. It's the first NFl season I really followed (not from US), and for some reason I like the Saints. Doubt they're gonna beat the Colts, but hey...

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Oh, look what we have here. Another upset Vikings fan. Awesome.
ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ExpiredGhost
Member since 2010 • 528 Posts
I find the were calling a lot of penalties in the Vikings favor.
Mellosinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mellosinferno
Member since 2010 • 465 Posts
All sports are rigged these days in my opinion.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Right.... keep thinking that...

NFL has never been anything but a glorification of mediocre athletes.

trenno2529
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

The refs burnt the Saints even more than the Vikings (ie roughing the passer calls).

AHUGECAT

Pass interference on Ben Leber over an uncatchable ball.

ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ExpiredGhost

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Flamecommando

The ball was not uncatchable.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

ExpiredGhost

"Slow motion replay shows no contact occurred and Fox's Aikman questioned whether contact was made. Second, the ball was overthrown by seven yards. Thomas turned to make the catch at the 30 yard line, the ball landed on the 23 yard line. This is what the rule book terms uncatchable." Whatever though. If Favre would have done something short and out to the side. The kick is up and Vikings win. Not today.

ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ExpiredGhost

[QUOTE="ExpiredGhost"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

Flamecommando

It was somewhere in front of him and high.

If he would of been able to complete the route he would of caught it, he fell down after being engaged by Leber.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
LOL Are you serious? There was more calls that went against the Saints than the Vikings, yet they still won. Stop crying and be a big boy now, it's just a game. I didn't cry and make excuses when my Cards got destroyed by the Saints last week. Face it, the better team won... and it wasn't the Vikings. The Vikings had a chance to win it at the end of regulation and Favre choked horribly and threw an interception. That was hilarious. Old man needs to go put on his Depends, hop in his electric wheelchair, and ride his ass back to the retirement home so he can cry and dwell on his epic failure chokejob that blew his chance at going to the Super Bowl. :lol:
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Messiahbolical-

boxofwonder
Stereotypical ignorance from someone who knows absolutely nothing about the game.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

I always liked college better. Bunch of whiney babies in the NFL (personal opinion, of course).

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Messiahbolical-

I always liked college better. Bunch of whiney babies in the NFL (personal opinion, of course).

UltimoIce
College's "playoff system" is a complete joke, and it's hard for me to even take it serious.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UltimoIce

boxofwonder

My assumption is that you are English, and use rugby as a basis for football being a wimpy sport. Yes, rugby is a tough sport, but so is getting hit by 300 pounds of pure muscle as hard as they can hit you 80 times in one night.

As someone else mentioned, ignorance is great!

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

I must have been watching a different game than everyone else:roll:

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Messiahbolical-

College's "playoff system" is a complete joke, and it's hard for me to even take it serious.

The BCS system is crap, but college games are more entertaining to me still. There is more strategy as well, as there isn't as much perfection. That's why college can have things like the spread offense, which takes advantage of weakness.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
The Vikes lost b/c they could not hold onto the football -6 fumbles -2 INT's...the last one cost them the game...Brett had an easy to throw to a RB to set up a FG...but he is Brett...so he threw the unsafe pass
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

UltimoIce

The BCS system is crap, but college games are more entertaining to me still. There is more strategy as well, as there isn't as much perfection. That's why college can have things like the spread offense, which takes advantage of weakness.

I wasn't putting down college games, I enjoy them thoroughly when I watch them. I was just implying that there isn't much making me want to watch it over the NFL because the post-season is just so bad that there's pretty much nothing to look forward to in the regular season and the championships aren't as meaningful. Why do you think March Madness is such a huge event that gets everyone interested in NCAA basketball? It's the elimination brackets! College football needs the brackets too. Without them, college fails IMO.
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

I stopped watching in '96 after it became painfully clear that the NFL refs are (to put it bluntly) blind idiots who were only hired because they were incapable of holding a real job (like mopping the floors at McDonald's). The playoffs and Superbowl that year drove me to becoming a hockey fan (the Red Wings/Avalanche playoff series that year was epic).

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] College's "playoff system" is a complete joke, and it's hard for me to even take it serious.Messiahbolical-

I wasn't putting down college games, I enjoy them thoroughly when I watch them. I was just implying that there isn't much making me want to watch it over the NFL because the post-season is just so bad that there's pretty much nothing to look forward to in the regular season and the championships aren't as meaningful. Why do you think March Madness is such a huge event that gets everyone interested in NCAA basketball? It's the elimination brackets! College football needs the brackets too. Without them, college fails IMO.

I'm not arguing with you. I agree the BCS is stupid. But, Obama keeps his word and gets us a college football playoffs, we just have to enjoy what we have :).