Mother who strangled her autistic son walks free.

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts
Oh, wait, they're journalists who took english classes, not law classes. Nibroc420
well, neither did you
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] And yet they have children. Some people are just idiots.Nibroc420

Many women suffer from depression caused by pregnancy, how were they supposed to know?

So they should get help, not wait 10 years only to strangle their child in a hotel room with a belt.

I'm not referring to this case specifically. I'm referring to you calling people who suffer from depression and have kids being "Idiots".

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
Autism isn't real.Fightingfan
Care to elaborate?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Unlawful yet intentional. Which would be considered pre-meditated.T_P_O

Well, I expected this to end up here. I do not know quite how to tell you this (well, I do, because I told you this before), but yeah, if you are trying to prove a murder in the jurisdiction of England and Wales, that is not the definition you'll have to satisfy. The context is kind of important, since the legal definition of murder varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Dictionary definitions are kind of stupid to use in cases like this.

And I'm just going to "in before" you here: I didn't say that the UK definition was universal, I've implied your definition was wrong in the context of the UK criminal justice system.

You said my definition was wrong based on the UK system, and that it was "probbably wrong" in all the countries. (I have you quoted btw.) Now, because it seems i have to fully explain this..

dic·tion·ar·y/ˈdikSHəˌnerē/
Noun: A book that lists the words of a language in alphabetical order and gives their meaning, or that gives the equivalent words in a different language.

To not use the actual meaning of a word, when using the word wouldn't make sense.
As such, when using a word, use the word with the correct definition. In this case...

mur·der/ˈmərdər/ Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
The mother's actions were.
1.) Illegal.(unlawful)
2.) resulted in death. (killing)
3.) Were thought out prior to doing it, as was stated in the article.

As such, she is a murderer.

Doesn't take much to come to a logical conclusion.

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

[QUOTE="T_P_O"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Unlawful yet intentional. Which would be considered pre-meditated.Nibroc420

Well, I expected this to end up here. I do not know quite how to tell you this (well, I do, because I told you this before), but yeah, if you are trying to prove a murder in the jurisdiction of England and Wales, that is not the definition you'll have to satisfy. The context is kind of important, since the legal definition of murder varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Dictionary definitions are kind of stupid to use in cases like this.

And I'm just going to "in before" you here: I didn't say that the UK definition was universal, I've implied your definition was wrong in the context of the UK criminal justice system.

You said my definition was wrong based on the UK system, and that it was "probbably wrong" in all the countries. (I have you quoted btw.) Now, because it seems i have to fully explain this..

dic·tion·ar·y/ˈdikSHəˌnerē/
Noun: A book that lists the words of a language in alphabetical order and gives their meaning, or that gives the equivalent words in a different language.

To not use the actual meaning of a word, when using the word wouldn't make sense.
As such, when using a word, use the word with the correct definition. In this case...

mur·der/ˈmərdər/ Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
The mother's actions were.
1.) Illegal.(unlawful)
2.) resulted in death. (killing)
3.) Were thought out prior to doing it, as was stated in the article.

As such, she is a murderer.

Doesn't take much to come to a logical conclusion.

I've pondered how to answer this. The most obvious response is "lol". The best response would be to tell you the following: I said "in the UK system", not "based on"; I admitted I made a mistake (though how big of a mistake it would've been idk) and said "in all the common law countries", like England and Wales; the dictionary definition is not what must be satisfied to prove murder in the UK, and hence, is unsuitable in the context of this case; we know context is important. My response is: lol, I'm going to smoke and watch TDH play mafia.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#106 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Autism isn't real.Fightingfan

I'm thinking you listen to Michael Savage or someone similar. Am I right?

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
This lady is slicker than OJ. In all seriousness however, I don't agree with the judges decision. She murdered her own son, regardless of his autism and how hard it was for her care for him, she still MURDERED her own son. She should have gotten some time.
CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] And yet they have children. Some people are just idiots.Nibroc420

Many women suffer from depression caused by pregnancy, how were they supposed to know?

So they should get help, not wait 10 years only to strangle their child in a hotel room with a belt.

U win the thread

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#109 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

The woman needed a lot of help before it ever got this far... Sad regardless of what you thought the outcome should be.