SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Police seem to actually be targeting and going after those who are causing trouble tonight.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#252 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I bet the ratings are through the roof.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I just love how we have protests when there was literally NOTHING known of the circumstances of the incident. Surprise! Everything that has been coming out suggest the cop was pretty justified in shooting Michael.

The dumbass cops have mishandled the protests enough to make themselves look beyond idiotic now though. Had they not fucked that part up, the people of Ferguson would likely be looking so stupid here in the near future.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By SaintLeonidas

...Jake Tapper on CNN asking a protester about the chagrin he was feeling about the tear gas...chagrin...chagrin...CHAGRIN.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#255 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@Aljosa23 said:
Loading Video...

Good stuff. Maybe Amazon should watch this (at least starting at minute 13...)

I am normally a "fan" of oliver but here he proves that sometimes he just talks and goes with what brings in more viewers.

Because how can anyone think that the fact that Brown few hours/mins before robbed a store is irrelevant to the shooting, not to mention that a police force cant force anyone to join their ranks neither can they let someone through the police academy without them being qualified , not even to boost up how many african-americans there are on the police force. So perhaps a bit more information before we jump to any conclusion that the police force is just a bunch of white racist hillbillies.

Black_Alpha_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Black_Alpha_G
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@Aljosa23 said:
Loading Video...

Good stuff. Maybe Amazon should watch this (at least starting at minute 13...)

I am normally a "fan" of oliver but here he proves that sometimes he just talks and goes with what brings in more viewers.

Because how can anyone think that the fact that Brown few hours/mins before robbed a store is irrelevant to the shooting

I'm thinking this might be why people think the alleged robbery is irrelevant. And to be honest, that's pretty old news. It should be well known at this point Wilson had no knowledge of the Browns alleged involvement in the robbery. And even he did, that's still no excuse at all to shoot and kill someone who is unarmed.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#257 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

.....Everything that has been coming out suggest the cop was pretty justified in shooting Michael.

Justified, JUSTIFIED????? what the hell, how can you possibly justify a white cop murdering an unarmed man??

You must be white and live in an affluent area where everyone knows the first names of all the cops in the area cause there'e no other way you could possibly justify another cold blooded murder on a black man by the police.

The revolution is coming so all police beware cause your marked.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@BranKetra said:

"Theory," you say. We will know from the investigation and trial.

*rolls eyes*

Anyway… this was written in CNN article comments by a white cop who patrolled in a high crime area, and sheds some light on what these guys deal with.

Having been a police officer in high crime areas I understand how difficult it is for young people growing up in these areas. They are born into a toxic local culture, toxic attitudes, and are immersed in negativity.This bad environment creates a vicious cycle which is very difficult to change or escape. It is almost standard to disdain and disrespect the police with an intense confrontational attitude in some places. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "B*tch a*s police", "White mother f*ck*r", and many other statements like these.

I was shot at by people like this. People in the neighborhood came running out recording with their phones, yelling and cussing me out, saying I better not be shooting with their babies out, and wanted my name and badge number to report me. I didn't fire back because the cowards shot at me from a crowd. When witnesses from the crowd of approximately 40 people were asked, not one would admit that shots were fired or from whom. The aggressive confrontational attitudes (often turning physical) coupled with the very real threat leaves officers on edge, which in this case could have caused this loss of life.

Was this man defenseless and shot without cause? Is the officer a cold blooded killer or did he legitimately fear for his life? We don't know and may never know....

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@l34052 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

.....Everything that has been coming out suggest the cop was pretty justified in shooting Michael.

Justified, JUSTIFIED????? what the hell, how can you possibly justify a white cop murdering an unarmed man??

You must be white and live in an affluent area where everyone knows the first names of all the cops in the area cause there'e no other way you could possibly justify another cold blooded murder on a black man by the police.

Easy, if the guy attacked the cop and went for his gun he would easily be justified for shooting him.

"The revolution is coming so all police beware cause your marked."

Yeah keep dreaming...these people are idiots even if the cop isn't justified (totally possible) they are doing nothing but tearing up their own neighborhood and destroying local business there.

Anyways stop being racist and acting just because someone may think it's justified they must be white. Also, nothing wrong with living in an affluent area! That's the reward for making the right choices and working hard. Try it sometime...

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Because how can anyone think that the fact that Brown few hours/mins before robbed a store is irrelevant to the shooting, not to mention that a police force cant force anyone to join their ranks neither can they let someone through the police academy without them being qualified , not even to boost up how many african-americans there are on the police force. So perhaps a bit more information before we jump to any conclusion that the police force is just a bunch of white racist hillbillies.

They want to think it's irrelevant because it makes them look like a bunch of suckers for buying into and promoting the lies that were told in the immediate aftermath of the shooting that MB was this sweet, good, saint like lil' kid who was going to change perceptions of young black men in America, only to find out he was just as steeped in the toxic culture that most of the rest of them are in. At some point these folks have to realize that modern day black culture is poison. The sooner they stop taking life advice for Tupac, Jay-Z, and Al Sharpton… and start listening to people like Barack Obama, and Bill Cosby, (who is labelled an Uncle Tom who wants blacks to "act white", and they say that without realizing how badly they are insulting themselves) the better.

I don't understand the whole "not enough black officers" thing either. Why do they always immediately jump to the idea that it must be because the police force is "racist"? Maybe not many black people apply to join? Maybe the few that do, just do not meet the qualifications?

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Michael Brown assaulted a little old man and robbed his store.

Michael Brown attacked a police officer, beat the officers face in, and tried to take his gun.

Michael Brown started to run after that, but instead, turned around and charged the officer again.

THAT is when Michael Brown got shot.

The cop did nothing wrong.

Case closed.

Black_Alpha_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Black_Alpha_G
@Born_Lucky said:

Michael Brown assaulted a little old man and robbed his store.

Michael Brown attacked a police officer, beat the officers face in, and tried to take his gun.

Michael Brown started to run after that, but instead, turned around and charged the officer again.

THAT is when Michael Brown got shot.

The cop did nothing wrong.

Case closed.

I... I honestly can't tell if serious...

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@l34052 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

See, I know you're not stupid. You must be smart enough to realize that this culture of "**** the police" makes it more likely for innocent people to get killed by the police. Imagine for just a second that you're a cop in an area with that kind of anti-cop sentiment. If the community is overwhelmingly giving off the impression that you're the enemy and they want you to die, is that going to make you more likely to view THEM as the enemy, or less likely to view THEM as the enemy? Even if you're not actively viewing them as the enemy, you're still going to be more on edge and thus more likely to make the kinds of mistakes that get innocent people killed.

See, there are two ways this can go. Either you're too stupid to realize that your attitude is the kind of thing that gets innocent people killed, or you simply do not care when innocent people get killed by the cops. And I really doubt that you're stupid.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#264 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@Jacanuk: "Because how can anyone think that the fact that Brown few hours/mins before robbed a store is irrelevant to the shooting"

Because the cop didn't know anything about the robbery when he stopped Brown and his friend.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 MrGeezer

@xeno_ghost said:

@Jacanuk: "Because how can anyone think that the fact that Brown few hours/mins before robbed a store is irrelevant to the shooting"

Because the cop didn't know anything about the robbery when he stopped Brown and his friend.

Did Brown know that the cop didn't know?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@Buckhannah: "At some point these folks have to realize that modern day black culture is poison"

If that's not a bullshit sweeping generalizing comment I don't no what is.

So I guess the blacks that were stopping other blacks from looting are poison aswell. I guess they were the blacks that don't listen to Jay Z.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#267  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

When you attack someone who is armed do you expect that person will just let you attack them because you are not armed? When you do stupid you get stupid.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#268 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

So Brown knew that the cop didn´t know?

Also the longer the cop was there increased the chances that he would hear something on the radio, So could it be possible that Brown acted on the idea that the cop either knew or would figure it out and therefore acted on it

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@MrGeezer: "Did Brown know that the cop didn't know?"

well yeah! The cop initially stopped them because they were walking in the middle of the road, the cop simply pulled up and told them to get off the road, they replied we are nearly at our destination, the cop swerved in front of there path and events unfolded from there.

So the robbery was totally irrelevant to the shooting.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Considering that a police officer can potentially invoke this situation just by doing their job...unlike civilians...it makes perfect sense to make an exception in these circumstances. The name was revealed because time has past, riots have calmed, and there's less heat-of-the-moment aggression. What difference does it make how much time has past since releasing the name? Surely they were going to reveal it eventually. Maybe that time during the name being withheld was used to deliberate how they will handle the situation.

Can we be frank for a moment? Anyone can invoke this situation provided they are in the majority and the "victim" is in the minority. Riots are still going on name released or not and it shouldn't have been released just to appease the protestors because they act like animals destroying things, robbing, etc..,and rationale won't work with them. I think it should have been released sooner because the people have the right to know. What difference does it make waiting as long as they did? It removed any trust. Police are treated differently than civilians. Period. If the police wanted to nip this situation in the bud maybe they should have just went all 1968 Democratic National Convention on them rather than playing games. This entire situation has nothing but losers. The police allowed the situation to get out of control and the "protestors" used an incident to act like animals while doing nothing to alleviate the situation. The police allowed it to get so out of control they tried playing G.I. Joe and that didn't even work.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Xeno_ghost

@Jacanuk: "Also the longer the cop was there increased the chances that he would hear something on the radio, So could it be possible that Brown acted on the idea that the cop either knew or would figure it out and therefore acted on it"

Nah the cop stopped them because they were walking in the middle of the road, he told them to get on the side walk, they replied that they were nearly at their destination and remained on the road, the cop took offence and swerved I front of their path and events quickly escalated from there.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By MrGeezer

@xeno_ghost said:

@MrGeezer: "Did Brown know that the cop didn't know?"

well yeah! The cop initially stopped them because they were walking in the middle of the road, the cop simply pulled up and told them to get off the road, they replied we are nearly at our destination, the cop swerved in front of there path and events unfolded from there.

So the robbery was totally irrelevant to the shooting.

How exactly does that establish what Brown did or didn't know?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Renevent42

It's also related because one of the primary witnesses was with him during the robbery which affects his credibility.

Anyways anyone else see that new video of the crime scene where an off camera witness is heard describing what happened including Michael rushing back at the cop? This is very similar to the story from the leaked cops side of the story. ..

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@MrGeezer: really!? Ok, the officer stopped them for walking in the road all the cop wanted them to do is walk on the side walk, obviously the pair would know from the officers request that the cop is not stopping them in relation to the robbery but stopping them from blocking the road, Which is why they answered the cop saying they were nearly at there destination. I hope I've made that clear enough for you to understand.

The cop new nothing of the robbery at the time.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#275 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@xeno_ghost said:

@Jacanuk: "Also the longer the cop was there increased the chances that he would hear something on the radio, So could it be possible that Brown acted on the idea that the cop either knew or would figure it out and therefore acted on it"

Nah the cop stopped them because they were walking in the middle of the road, he told them to get on the side walk, they replied that they were nearly at their destination and remained on the road, the cop took offence and swerved I front of their path and events quickly escalated from there.

Note that you need to take into account on how that message of "we're almost at our destination" was conveyed. Did they point and say that their destination is across the street and that were were about to cross or were they rude in the way it was said which prompted the cop to pull in front of them (I'm assuming this was most likely the case. I've dealt with a my fair share of cops, missouri cops too, and witness enough from how others dealt with them to know that if you act like a smartass, suspicious, and/or don't follow simple directions the cop gives you that they will bother you. And not that its exclusive to "black people", though I've witnessed it more from them, but people claiming to be witnesses tend to exaggerate stories in an attempt to make the cops look bad despite the perpetrator aggravating the cop to act)...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 SaintLeonidas

Lets hope they can get the freaking place under control before any more results of the investigation are released. If Michael Brown is found to have attacked the cop unprovoked, I think all hell might break loose.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Master_Live

This one is for you Xeno:

"Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson on Friday said the police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown was not aware that the unarmed 18-year-old was accused of robbing a convenience store just minutes before the shooting.

"Jackson later told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that, after the initial stop, Wilson realized Brown could be the suspect of the robbery when he spotted the potentially stolen cigars in Brown's hand."

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/15/6007055/mike-brown-robbery-shooting-unrelated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So while it looks like officer Wilson was unaware that Michael Brown specifically was accused of the robbery, officer Wilson was indeed aware that a robbery of cigars had occurred.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Renevent42

Even that reporting is off, the captain never said the officer was unaware of the robbery completely. ..He said the stop was initially unrelated to the robbery. Key word being initially and for some reason this was reported over and over as the officer had no idea throughout the entire incident. I actually wanted to comment on that earlier but figured I'd wait until more information was released.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Renevent42

@Motokid6: probably not...what it's starting to look like is while the initial stop was over Jay walking, at some point the cop knew about the robbery and went tried to question/apprehend/something and things escalated from there.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

@BranKetra said:

As someone of African American and Caucasian descent, I would very much appreciate a ceasing of the generalizations about the mental capacity of people of my ethnicity.

lol They let you be a mod?

Seriously what happened to this site?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Master_Live

What would federal prosecutors have to prove in the Michael Brown shooting?

Don’t Expect the Feds to Find Much in Ferguson

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts
@SaintLeonidas said:

Live rounds fired on the Vice livefeed...

Police are handling this situation as they should. These people need to get off the streets.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Xeno_ghost

@JimB: "When you attack someone who is armed do you expect that person will just let you attack them because you are not armed? When you do stupid you get stupid"

That's true but in this case why don't you relax and wait for the facts, if we ever get the facts that is. Has there even been an official statement from the cop that shot Brown?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Xeno_ghost

@tocool340: I agree they may have been rude which made the cop pull up In front of them, and become more annoyed and aggressive, which then lead to things quickly escalating.

Black_Alpha_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Black_Alpha_G

@purplelabel said:

@BranKetra said:

As someone of African American and Caucasian descent, I would very much appreciate a ceasing of the generalizations about the mental capacity of people of my ethnicity.

As someone else who is also half black/half white, I really am not sure what to make of that comment.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#287 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@Buckhannah said:

@BranKetra said:

*rolls eyes*

Anyway… this was written in CNN article comments by a white cop who patrolled in a high crime area, and sheds some light on what these guys deal with.

Having been a police officer in high crime areas I understand how difficult it is for young people growing up in these areas. They are born into a toxic local culture, toxic attitudes, and are immersed in negativity.This bad environment creates a vicious cycle which is very difficult to change or escape. It is almost standard to disdain and disrespect the police with an intense confrontational attitude in some places. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "B*tch a*s police", "White mother f*ck*r", and many other statements like these.

I was shot at by people like this. People in the neighborhood came running out recording with their phones, yelling and cussing me out, saying I better not be shooting with their babies out, and wanted my name and badge number to report me. I didn't fire back because the cowards shot at me from a crowd. When witnesses from the crowd of approximately 40 people were asked, not one would admit that shots were fired or from whom. The aggressive confrontational attitudes (often turning physical) coupled with the very real threat leaves officers on edge, which in this case could have caused this loss of life.

Was this man defenseless and shot without cause? Is the officer a cold blooded killer or did he legitimately fear for his life? We don't know and may never know....

We will hopefully learn the truth from the investigation and trial rather than rely on guessing and anecdotal evidence to form our views of this situation.

@purplelabel said:

@BranKetra said:

Clearly.

If you have any criticisms of my actions, feel free to take them to Bug Reporting & Feedback or contact the moderation team. Otherwise, I again will say that I would appreciate an end to some of the comments posted in this thread like what was resolved earlier between another user and I.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 SaintLeonidas

@purplelabel said:
@SaintLeonidas said:

Live rounds fired on the Vice livefeed...

Police are handling this situation as they should. These people need to get off the streets.

No, they really aren't. And the peaceful protesters, who make up 95+% of those out there, have every right to do what they are doing.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@Master_Live: @Master_Live:

I'm not buying that shit, why is it he says one thing then hours later has to come back and change the story, changes the story in a way theat makes Wilson look better?

How is it they can't get the story striaight from the get go? Because they are lying that's why.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Renevent42
@xeno_ghost said:

@Master_Live: @Master_Live:

I'm not buying that shit, why is it he says one thing then hours later has to come back and change the story, changes the story in a way theat makes Wilson look better?

How is it they can't get the story striaight from the get go? Because they are lying that's why.

How exactly are they changing the story? The guy said the initialcontact did not have anything to do with the robbery, not that at no point did the officer have any information about it. I find it funny though as long as the chief says things that kind of sorta goes along with the narrative you already have going in your head it's all good, but the second more info is released and things clarified all the sudden they are lying.

BTW, that actually jives with the leaked account by the officer's friend on the radio, and I'd imagine once the police report is released it will reflect that as well.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@BranKetra said:
@Buckhannah said:

@BranKetra said:

*rolls eyes*

We will hopefully learn the truth from the investigation and trial rather than rely on guessing and anecdotal evidence to form our views of this situation.

Unfortunately Ferguson isn't taking that advice.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Aljosa23: Vancouver riots in 2011 after they lost in the Stanley Cup finals to Boston. Same thing happened in 1994. Heck, just about every derby match in European soccer you'll have rioting and hooliganism. The match with Bastia vs. Marseille last weekend had 40+ cops injured. These are mostly white people, too.

Its only acceptable when whites do it.

@xeno_ghostSay I never hear on the news that a unarmed white guy has been shot it's always a black guy, is it just that it's not big news? Or is it that it just doesn't happen?

If its a white girl, then it be will be news worthy.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Master_Live

Previously, on 24...

And on tonight's episode...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Master_Live

Awww, not much happening tonight.

I bet some in MSNBC will be disappointed.

Maybe someone will throw rocks at Chris Hayes.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@Master_Live: I don't know dude, you would think that the full story would have been obtained from Wilson, and that Jackson would have those details and would disclose the relevant details at one time. Just seems like Jackson did a u turn.

I get it that Brown was no angel, but the cops aren't always angels also.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Renevent42

Not confirmed yet, but there reports being leaked about the cops injuries and it is being said he suffered an orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 l34052

@Renevent42 said:

Not confirmed yet, but there reports being leaked about the cops injuries and it is being said he suffered an orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.

more bullshit from the police to try and justify another murder of a blackman

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Renevent42

@l34052: and if it turns out to be true, what then?

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By l34052

@Renevent42 said:

@l34052: and if it turns out to be true, what then?

tell me you're not that naive that you dont believe cops close rank on issues like this and protect each other all the time, even flat out lie about things to protect the gulty pig