Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@JML897 said:

Whether Michael Brown robbed the store or not (and he probably did), how could anyone side with the cop on this? There's so much evidence that shows the cop shot him from a distance and not immediately during any type of struggle.

For myself, I certainly do not side with the cop if it is indeed found that he was that far away. I do however want the full truth about the situation brought to bare. Thanks to this video we now have a bit more of the truth. Which certainly adds validity to the claim Mike Brown instigated a physical confrontation with the officer. The idea that has been forming so quickly around this man that he was sweet and gentle has seemed a little forced from the word go to me.

To get the full picture we need to know the character of both men, and what we now know of Mike Brown, is that he was a violent criminal, and violent criminals do stupid violent things. Stupid violent things like assaulting a cop.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
@Renevent42 said:
@JML897 said:

Twitter timeline by a witness, start from the bottom. The guy who made these tweets had zero affiliation with anyone involved and tweeted this while it was happening (meaning before any media would influence what he sent out there one way or the other).

https://twitter.com/7im/timelines/499639344613695488

"dude was running and the cops just shot.him. i saw him die bruh"

"the first two (shots were from behind), the next 5 werent, he turned around"

Whether Michael Brown robbed the store or not (and he probably did), how could anyone side with the cop on this? There's so much evidence that shows the cop shot him from a distance and not immediately during any type of struggle.

Because, twitter timelines from supposed eye-witnesses do not constitute absolute proof. I think it's already clear at least one of them is at the very least leaving out information, and it's possible the others are too (even with no affiliation). I already spoke about the person in the Kendrick Johnson case who was unaffiliated with KJ, but still made false testimony and even admitted to it.

We still haven't seen the police report or the police side of things, the investigation is not complete, and we don't even know basic stuff like the extent of the officer's wounds.

For anyone to be absolutely convinced they know what happened that day and be so emotionally invested in it at this early point with so little information shows a huge prejudice in their way of thinking. It very well may be the cop is a murderer, I agree, but there's no way to know at this point.

Did you see my post up above where the STL county police chief said Brown was 35 feet away from where any supposed struggle happened?

Even if the police officer has wounds that doesn't really matter because the killing didn't take place during any actual fistfight/struggle. Like I said earlier if the police officer has/had wounds then they should have put out a warrant for Michael Brown's arrest and put him on trial. You don't shoot the guy when even the police are saying he was unarmed and at a distance.

This case seems a lot more clearcut to me than the Trayvon/Zimmerman one did

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#153 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

OMG...Ferguson police cars don't have dash cams. This is known to all actually following the situation.

Also, "gangbanger"...pst, your racism is showing. There is no knowledge of any gang association. He was a high school grad who was college bound. But I mean, he was a black teen, so of course he was in a gang...

Here is a thought. STOP fucking posting when you clearly, as I already said previously, have a total misunderstanding of the entire situation.

Why do people keep bringing up that he was going to go to college? I keep seeing that and I think "so what"? Bad/violent people go to college all the time. Mike Brown doesn't look like much of a "gentle" giant in that video, he looks like a violent criminal. The kind of violent criminal who would make a move to grab a cops gun when he was in trouble. It also shows what kind of person his friend is as well, which casts into doubt the credibility of his testimony. (keeping in mind eye witness testimony is already notoriously dicey as is)

It could turn out the officer was in fact in the wrong, but it needs to stop being an automatic accusation of racism against anyone who asks for time for the investigation to play out as the cop may be telling the truth, or who questions the narrative that has been built around Mr.Brown.

Heh heh, yeah, I hate when they do that too. Those types of stories happen often here in Chicago. Like recently, girl was on her way to school when two boys, one 15 and the other 17, lured her in an alley, pointed and pressed a gun dead at her head, robbed her, then tag-teamed raped her. Despite all that, some people believe both boys should get a lighter sentence because both are apparently straight A's students. Or another story, a gang banger decided he wanted to shoot at a rival gang banger. Dude managed to miss his intended target and instead, all his stray bullets managed to find their way into someones home, specifically where a bunch of little girls were having a slumber party. One of the stray bullets ended up going through one of the unexpected girls head, killing her instantly. Now the folks who know this guy claim he would never do such a thing because he's supposed to be part of some stop the violence group despite there being witnesses identifying him as the shooter, along with street cameras showing him committing the crime...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@JML897 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@JML897 said:

Twitter timeline by a witness, start from the bottom. The guy who made these tweets had zero affiliation with anyone involved and tweeted this while it was happening (meaning before any media would influence what he sent out there one way or the other).

https://twitter.com/7im/timelines/499639344613695488

"dude was running and the cops just shot.him. i saw him die bruh"

"the first two (shots were from behind), the next 5 werent, he turned around"

Because, twitter timelines from supposed eye-witnesses do not constitute absolute proof. I think it's already clear at least one of them is at the very least leaving out information, and it's possible the others are too (even with no affiliation). I already spoke about the person in the Kendrick Johnson case who was unaffiliated with KJ, but still made false testimony and even admitted to it.

We still haven't seen the police report or the police side of things, the investigation is not complete, and we don't even know basic stuff like the extent of the officer's wounds.

For anyone to be absolutely convinced they know what happened that day and be so emotionally invested in it at this early point with so little information shows a huge prejudice in their way of thinking. It very well may be the cop is a murderer, I agree, but there's no way to know at this point.

Did you see my post up above where the STL county police chief said Brown was 35 feet away from where any supposed struggle happened?

Even if the police officer has wounds that doesn't really matter because the killing didn't take place during any actual fistfight/struggle. Like I said earlier if the police officer has/had wounds then they should have put out a warrant for Michael Brown's arrest and put him on trial. You don't shoot the guy when even the police are saying he was unarmed and at a distance.

This case seems a lot more clearcut to me than the Trayvon/Zimmerman one did

He also said MB pushed the officer inside his car, physically assaulted him, and then went for his gun. So if we are going to use that cop's comment as absolute proof let's make sure we include everything he says. Beyond that according to eye witnesses the first shot came while they were near the car, or at least that's what they said. Lot's of conflicting stuff...

Let's say that it went down just like that for a second for the sake of discussion...yeah I think the officer should face charges...but doesn't that totally shit on all the outcry? People acting like their baby boys are getting gunned down in the street when it's really a couple of guys who just committed strong armed robbery, then one of them pushed a cop back into his car, physically assaulted the officer (to the point he had to go to the hospital), and then tried to get a cop's gun only to get shot in anger afterwards?

It doesn't absolve the cop but it's more understandable from the cop's perspective and certainly isn't some gentle giant getting gunned down in the street for being black. If you are looking to get yourself shot, assaulting a cop and going for his gun is a pretty good way to make that happen.

Anyways, I still think there's a lot more to this story then what we know now.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I would like see the cop's injuries.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@xeno_ghost: Oh no I most def know cops can do wrong, but I'm not just going to jump to the conclusion that a cop shot someone on a whim either. I would hope that in that moment the cop that shot felt he had no other choice and made that decision, all a cop wants to do is be able to go home at night to their families.

There are plenty of bad cops doing shady things, but most aren't going to murder someone. This officer knows what happened, why it happened, once there is an investigation the public will know what happened and why it happened. Then you can commence the judgements.

All I was really saying in the rest of my post you cut off is "Listen and do what the cops tell you to do you" in that situation. No one would be dead if that had happened. There are times and places to question authority but when your in an amped up situation like that with law enforcement just do what they say it's not hard no one needs to try and be hard or a bad ass cause then they get shot.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#157 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I think it will hinge on the reason for which the cops came to stop Michael Brown.

Listen to the analysis of a CNN legal analyst when the prevalent narrative still was that the Cops had stopped Brown because they had knowledge of Brown's participation on a robbery moments earlier (which now we know isn't true, the officer that shot Brown didn't knew he was a suspect):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the facts about the robbery, I think we're going to find will create that probable cause.

Now, you can focus on the $40 of cigars and whether or not he had a weapon at the time of the robbery, but the real focus should instead be on that gives them the reason to stop and investigate these two gentlemen who are walking down the street.

If -- the real fact and focus on if there was physical injury to the police officer, now we're talking about self-defense, and it's a two- step analysis. That robbery gives them the probable cause to stop. A robbery is a robbery.

We can debate about strong-arm, but it is a crime of violence, so the police then if they have probable cause to stop, and a suspect resists arrests and threatens the officer, then -- and this is hard for a lot of people to follow -- but legally an officer can shoot and use deadly force on a fleeing felon.

The Supreme Court has addressed this issue. If the suspect is threatening violence and has actually hurt the officer, even if they're in flight, there is legal authority for the proposition that an officer may use deadly force to apprehend a felon even if they are fleeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/15/ath.01.html

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I think it will hinge on the reason for which the cops came to stop Michael Brown.

It has already been confirmed this morning by the police chief himself that the reason for stopping Brown was not because of the robbery.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Buckhannah

@Master_Live said:

Listen to the analysis of a CNN legal analyst when the prevalent narrative still was that the Cops had stopped Brown because they had knowledge of Brown's participation on a robbery moments earlier (which now we know isn't true, the officer that shot Brown didn't knew he was a suspect):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the facts about the robbery, I think we're going to find will create that probable cause.

Now, you can focus on the $40 of cigars and whether or not he had a weapon at the time of the robbery, but the real focus should instead be on that gives them the reason to stop and investigate these two gentlemen who are walking down the street.

If -- the real fact and focus on if there was physical injury to the police officer, now we're talking about self-defense, and it's a two- step analysis. That robbery gives them the probable cause to stop. A robbery is a robbery.

We can debate about strong-arm, but it is a crime of violence, so the police then if they have probable cause to stop, and a suspect resists arrests and threatens the officer, then -- and this is hard for a lot of people to follow -- but legally an officer can shoot and use deadly force on a fleeing felon.

The Supreme Court has addressed this issue. If the suspect is threatening violence and has actually hurt the officer, even if they're in flight, there is legal authority for the proposition that an officer may use deadly force to apprehend a felon even if they are fleeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is rather interesting. I had no idea, thanks for sharing.

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

According to this article:

"Authorities say one of the men pushed Wilson into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with him over the officer's weapon. At least one shot was fired inside the car before the struggle spilled onto the street, where Wilson shot Brown multiple times, according to police."

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@JDWolfie: ""Authorities say one of the men pushed Wilson into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with him over the officer's weapon. At least one shot was fired inside the car before the struggle spilled onto the street, where Wilson shot Brown multiple times, according to police."

Lies!! I believe this is what happened it makes more sense than that bullshit;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2725057/New-witnesses-claim-Michael-Brown-did-wrong-cop-shooting-Missouri.html

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@Master_Live said:

(which now we know isn't true, the officer that shot Brown didn't knew he was a suspect):

So then, what's the point of this post?

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

@Aljosa23: Apparently, it's okay to make fun of southern white culture by calling them rednecks, but "ghetto" is off the table to people who, well, live in the ghetto or act like they do. Ghetto culture is a culture, so please, stop acting like it doesn't exist.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#164  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Renevent42 said:
@emil_fontz said:

I've lost all sympathy for the victim, now that I'm aware that he was guilty of strong-arming a store clerk, stealing cigarettes, and intimidating another employee of the store he robbed.

Well I am certainly not loosing any sleep over this thug, but let's say the cop did use excessive force, it still needs to be prosecuted and the family would still deserve justice. We do have laws, and yes they protect even the less savory people in our country.

I think there's a lot more info that is still yet to be released, and I am withholding judgement until then.

Since you already called the late Michael Brown a thug, one might speculate what further judgement is being withheld.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 SaintLeonidas

After one rather peaceful night, it appears things have unraveled again. Protesters are out again. Reports of tear gas used on them. Which apparently riled up the crowd who are now standing off with police. It seems to have causing some looting again, police don't appear to be doing anything about it...however residents of Ferguson have begun actually clashing with looters, and guarding stores. So now we have the police battling the crowds, and the crowd battling each other...What. A. Clusterfuck.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@emil_fontz: "I've lost all sympathy for the victim, now that I'm aware that he was guilty of strong-arming a store clerk, stealing cigarettes, and intimidating another employee of the store he robbed"

Even if Brown did commit that crime does that mean he deserves to be shot and killed while surrendering or running away?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Xeno_ghost

@xxyetixx: "All I was really saying in the rest of my post you cut off is "Listen and do what the cops tell you to do you" in that situation. No one would be dead if that had happened. There are times and places to question authority but when your in an amped up situation like that with law enforcement just do what they say it's not hard no one needs to try and be hard or a bad ass cause then they get shot"

Agreed.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Buckhannah

@BranKetra: Thug: a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

The video clearly indicates he was a thug. Sweet, good, gentle people do not randomly decide to rob a convenience store for swisher sweets and violently bully and threaten people much smaller than them. That store has since been vandalized and looted, which really tells me that these folks need to buy some guns. As we saw with the LA riots when they reached the Korean owned business area, a few warning shots is all it takes to disperse these gutless low life animals, they don't have any convictions, they are just using this mans death and the ensuing controversy as a convenient excuse to commit criminal acts and get away with it.

Michael Brown was a violent thug, sucks for his supporters that the narrative they built around him has been so utterly shattered, but when you ask for the truth to be known, it cuts both ways.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@BranKetra said:

@Renevent42 said:
@emil_fontz said:

I've lost all sympathy for the victim, now that I'm aware that he was guilty of strong-arming a store clerk, stealing cigarettes, and intimidating another employee of the store he robbed.

Well I am certainly not loosing any sleep over this thug, but let's say the cop did use excessive force, it still needs to be prosecuted and the family would still deserve justice. We do have laws, and yes they protect even the less savory people in our country.

I think there's a lot more info that is still yet to be released, and I am withholding judgement until then.

Since you already called the late Michael Brown a thug, one might speculate what further judgement is being withheld.

What do you call people who commit strong armed robbery? That's the definition of the word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

Speculate away, you would be wrong.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Xeno_ghost

@Buckhannah: is it official that it is Brown in the video?

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Buckhannah

@xeno_ghost said:

Unless it's just some other young black male with the exact same physical build, wearing the exact same clothes, shoes, and hat… and hanging out with the person Mike Brown was hanging out with when he was shot just minutes later not very far away, yeah. It's Mike Brown. Or he had an evil twin, I dunno.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By thebest31406

Democracy Now Headline:

More than 100 Cities Join Moment of Silence for Michael Brown

More than 100 cities joined in a national moment of silence Thursday night to honor the memory of 18-year-old Michael Brown. The unarmed African-American teenager was shot to death by police last Saturday in Ferguson, Missouri. Protests continued in Ferguson for a sixth night with less tension after Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon put an African-American highway patrol captain named Ron Johnson in charge of security in the town of Ferguson. Johnson marched with protesters and ordered the riot gear put away. Protests also spread to Los Angeles, to Chicago, Philadelphia and St. Louis, where Brown’s family attended a vigil, to New Orleans, Houston and New York. In Miami, eight people with the group Dream Defenders were arrested after refusing to leave a federal justice building. Ahmad Abuznaid said police brutality is a problem across the country.

Abu Abuznaid: "It’s related to what’s happening in Ferguson. I think across the country we’ve seen police departments abuse their power, gun down innocent, unarmed people. It’s happened in Ferguson. It’s happened here in Miami with Israel 'Reefa' Hernandez just a year ago."

Israel Hernandez was an 18-year-old graffiti artist who died a year ago last Sunday after police shocked him with a Taser.

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/8/15/headlines#8151

I'm glad to see people finally stand up against extrajudicial killing by the police. It's been a long time coming.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

While I don't agree in the shooting unless there was danger to the cop. This robbery speaks to how well u can trust his friends word that they were just walking down the street. Did he not know just a few min ago he was involved in a robbery.. Allegedly

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By tocool340

@xxyetixx: "All I was really saying in the rest of my post you cut off is "Listen and do what the cops tell you to do you" in that situation. No one would be dead if that had happened. There are times and places to question authority but when your in an amped up situation like that with law enforcement just do what they say it's not hard no one needs to try and be hard or a bad ass cause then they get shot."

I don't understand why people can't grasp this simple concept. I highly doubt a police officer wants to waste time or have any more of a bad day than you do. So why not do as they say instead of making a big deal over them stopping you? If an officer tell you to put your hand on your chest, do it instead of saying "I ain't doing shit!" or making a bunch of unnecessary movement or gestures...

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Buckhannah

@AutoPilotOn said:

While I don't agree in the shooting unless there was danger to the cop. This robbery speaks to how well u can trust his friends word that they were just walking down the street. Did he not know just a few min ago he was involved in a robbery.. Allegedly

He knew, he purposefully left that part out.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

The internet moves faster than its own good: speculation about this case has been going on non-stop on twitter and forums, yet we know nothing of what happened. All we know is that Michael Brown is dead. That's it. Right now we can only sit back and wait for more details to come out. Lots of "he would have done this" or "this had to happen" talk going on in this topic.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Buckhannah

@limpbizkit818 said:

The internet moves faster than its own good: speculation about this case has been going on non-stop on twitter and forums, yet we know nothing of what happened. All we know is that Michael Brown is dead. That's it. Right now we can only sit back and wait for more details to come out. Lots of "he would have done this" or "this had to happen" talk going on in this topic.

We also know he robbed a convenience store and threatened and assaulted a store clerk shortly before he died. Which is for some strange reason being labeled as character "assassination", as opposed to evidence of character. (which it actually is)

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By thebest31406

@limpbizkit818 said:

Lots of "he would have done this" or "this had to happen" talk going on in this topic.

There are only like...two or three stormfronters that are doing that and that's to be expected anyway.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#179  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

Since I saw the news about this yesterday, no. If anyone has definitive proof it is, by all means, show it.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@BranKetra: well they say that the cop was not responding to the robbery when he apprehended Brown and his friend.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Pissed at militant response of peaceful protests.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Buckhannah

@BranKetra said:

@xeno_ghost said:

Since I saw the news about this yesterday, no. If anyone has definitive proof it is, by all means, show it.

So you're going with the evil twin theory? That someone in a city of only 22k people has the exact same build as Brown, was wearing the exact same clothes as Brown, and was with someone who also had the same build and clothing as Dorian Johnson? (Dorian has an evil twin as well????)

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Pushing a smaller guy =/= mean you are willing to confront an armed officer. That is a HUGE assumption to make, especially if you are going off of one incident. Plus, as I mentioned, they were in the middle of the street in a residential neighborhood. If Michael Brown thought the cop confronting him was because of the robbery, and he didn't want to go to jail, he would have ran. You really think he thought "well, if I fight or possibly kill the cop I'll get off free!"...makes no sense.

You are imputing logic and thought to an individual who has shown he has none.

Brown's thought process led him to risk a decade in prison over $4 worth of cigars, and another decade (or his life) for attacking the cop.

And for what? For nothing.

It's obvious this guy was never going to "make it" in civilization, and probably would spend most of his life in and out of prison to the tune of $60,000 a year, in between shitting out womb turds who grow up to be just as worthless.

Don't confuse this guy for a "black person" he was nothing of the kind.

As Chris Rock says, there's "black people" and then there's...well you know.

For the record, I don't usually support cops or redneck culture, but in this case I don't think anybody should be shedding any tears, they should be HAPPY this asswipe is off the streets, this is the kind of guy who mugs your grandmother and leaves her in a coma for cigarette money.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@ZombieKiller7: "It's obvious this guy was never going to "make it" in civilization, and probably would spend most of his life in and out of prison to the tune of $60,000 a year."

I don't think it was as obvious as you are making out.

From the article below;

"But he got his diploma. And 10 days after that, he was to start at a local technical school to learn how to fix furnaces and air conditioners"

“He’d accomplished it,” teacher John Kennedy said. “In the last two months, man, Mike was there every doggone day and he was giving it his full effort.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mike-brown-notched-a-hard-fought-victory-just-days-before-he-was-shot-a-diploma/2014/08/12/574d65e6-2257-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Mark wahlberg beat up and old guy and blinded him in one eye and was generally a racist little hooligan when he was a teen, so would he of deserved to be shot and killed way back then? Did Mark turn out to be a waste of human flesh? Maybe judging by his acting but you get my meaning.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Glen Beck held a Tea Party protest with 500,000 people . They left the place cleaner than it was when they got there.

CNN and MSNBC called the Tea Party a racist, violent, out of control mob, for holding up signs that said "We need lower taxes". CNN was outraged that one of the Tea Party members "might have spit on someone".

When hundreds of the citizens of Ferguson assaulted innocent people, burned down stores, looted, and attacked the police with molotov cocktails, CNN and MSNBC call them " protesters who are justifiably upset".

No double standard there. Nosireebob.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#186 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

@Bardock47 said:

Pissed at militant response of peaceful protests.

How do you think they should respond?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Pushing a smaller guy =/= mean you are willing to confront an armed officer. That is a HUGE assumption to make, especially if you are going off of one incident. Plus, as I mentioned, they were in the middle of the street in a residential neighborhood. If Michael Brown thought the cop confronting him was because of the robbery, and he didn't want to go to jail, he would have ran. You really think he thought "well, if I fight or possibly kill the cop I'll get off free!"...makes no sense.

You are imputing logic and thought to an individual who has shown he has none.

Brown's thought process led him to risk a decade in prison over $4 worth of cigars, and another decade (or his life) for attacking the cop.

And for what? For nothing.

It's obvious this guy was never going to "make it" in civilization, and probably would spend most of his life in and out of prison to the tune of $60,000 a year, in between shitting out womb turds who grow up to be just as worthless.

I personally know people who robbed stores when younger and had fights with authority (one literally getting in a fight with a vice principal) and they are now perfectly fine, functioning individuals who went to college, have jobs and regret being so stupid as a teen. So this idea that the one incident we have here means he was a thug and would always be in just plain bullshit.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: is any police response to a peaceful protest necessary?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Police have a difficult job. Accidents are bound to happen, and people need to grow up and stop rioting every time this happens.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

@ZombieKiller7: "It's obvious this guy was never going to "make it" in civilization, and probably would spend most of his life in and out of prison to the tune of $60,000 a year."

From the article below;

"But he got his diploma. And 10 days after that, he was to start at a local technical school to learn how to fix furnaces and air conditioners"

“He’d accomplished it,” teacher John Kennedy said. “In the last two months, man, Mike was there every doggone day and he was giving it his full effort.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mike-brown-notched-a-hard-fought-victory-just-days-before-he-was-shot-a-diploma/2014/08/12/574d65e6-2257-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Mark wahlberg beat up and old guy and blinded him in one eye and was generally a racist little hooligan when he was a teen, so would he of deserved to be shot and killed way back then? Did Mark turn out to be a waste of human flesh? Maybe judging by his acting but you get my meaning.

This is what we call "low expectations."

"I graduated from high school!" What do you want, a cookie? You still haven't even BEGUN to contribute anything to society.

A high school education is something the public pays for, for Michael Brown's BENEFIT.

And how did he repay that kindness?

How does the "black community" aka not-black-people tend to repay kindness? With race-baiting, violence and looting, calling people "white devils" and such?

The same "white devils" who paid for educating Michael Brown.

Every year, this country spends untold resources trying to teach, feed, and rehabilitate "the black community" aka not-black-people.

And every year we get it thrown back in our faces, with constant crime, protests, looting, violence, and accusing cops of racism to excuse rampaging "yoofs."

The race card is getting old and tired and I think most of us have become weary of the excuses and very short on sympathy.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

As Chris Rock says, there's "black people" and then there's...well you know.

What's really funny about that routine is that he never performed it again because he said white people like you used it to excuse their racism.

Just admit, brah, you're probably a regular at the local klan meeting

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@xeno_ghost said:

From the article below;

This is what we call "low expectations."

"I graduated from high school!" What do you want, a cookie? You still haven't even BEGUN to contribute anything to society.

A high school education is something the public pays for, for Michael Brown's BENEFIT.

And how did he repay that kindness?

How does the "black community" aka not-black-people tend to repay kindness? With race-baiting, violence and looting, calling people "white devils" and such?

The same "white devils" who paid for educating Michael Brown.

Every year, this country spends untold resources trying to teach, feed, and rehabilitate "the black community" aka not-black-people.

And every year we get it thrown back in our faces, with constant crime, protests, looting, violence, and accusing cops of racism to excuse rampaging "yoofs."

The race card is getting old and tired and I think most of us have become weary of the excuses and very short on sympathy.

Amen. The race card undermines real racism and makes it into the boy crying wolf too many times.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#194 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Micheal Broun is a theif

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 tocool340

@Bardock47 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: is any police response to a peaceful protest necessary?

Really? I could have sworn the first thing that occurred after the shooting were death threats to the police force, definitely not peaceful...

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/11/ferguson-police-city-leaders-receive-death-threats/13886027/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/13/police-wont-release-name-officer-who-shot-missouri-teen-citing-death-threats/

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I'm watching a livestream and a cop just threatened to shoot the streamer if he didn't leave.

Ho-lee shit.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 SaintLeonidas

Autopsy report released. Brown was shot six times, twice in the head, including one at the top of the skull...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

#shotsfired

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#200 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

John Oliver just did a segment about Ferguson on his show. Will post when it's up on YouTube.