Man, Circumcision is barbaric

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

I was watching Penn and Teller and they talked about circumcision and how it is a load of bull. A lot of the stuff they said really stuck with me and I did a bit of research on it.

How can people let this useless, painful, and awful surgery done to their babies? What kind of a first impression is it for a baby to literally have part of his penis shaved off. If you support this surgery, tell me have you seen a video of it? It is one of the most awful things I've ever seen.

There is no benefit to it.

It does slightly protect against STI if you are having unprotected sex, big whoop. If you have unprotected sex with someone with an STI you'll get one anyway. Use a condom to deal with that.

Studies show women couldn't care less. Uncircumcised actually has more sexual benefits do to more nerve endings and it has built in 'ribs' (For his and her pleasure, what did you think ribbed condoms were for?)

Cleanliness is not an issue, you can clean is just as easy and you can go from uncircumcised to circumcised if you want just by folding the thing back. I don't get it. Why do parents let this crap happen =

A link for info
NOCIRC

Being quite honest, I think my rights were violated when the doctors did this to me WITHOUT my parents permission.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toriko42
Oh, 1 more thing

Barbaric!
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts

I'd like to thank my parents for not giving into that bull****.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts

Yeah ever since the circumcision day of my Myth, Magic, and Folk Religion class I have been INCREDIBLY against the practice.

My disgust over male circumcision totally PALES in comparison to the female circumcision issue going on in Africa.

Look it up if you must. The practice is absoultely AWFUL and I do believe it has been declared a human rights issue by the UN....

Edit: I just realized you forgot to mention how male circumcision can lead to sexual dysfunction later on in life....

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
No, doing anything without the child's consent, unless it is a medical emergency, is wrong and should be illegal. The child should be given the right to choose if they want a piece of their manhood chopped off.

BTW, using Penn & Teller as a source really isn't that great, they are far too biased for their own good, even if they present facts, they do so like Michael Moore, with rose-coloured glasses.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
I honestly don't care, it's not like I have any control over it.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
It looks better.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

looks so weird tho, and Ive talked to a lot of girls about this, 90% of them PREFER circumcised. They just say it looks and tastes cleaner and generally feel more durable/harder. the other girls dint really care either way (but they ho's they just love the ****)

and about the whole traumatizing, first impression bull**** there is a reason why our years of infancy are left in the darkness, it's natural, what happens during those years could seriously effect us for the rest of our lives. some things should never be remembered/forgotten. so get your facts straight. it may hurt them at the time but they get over it and forget it. ****'s sakes....

-theCHUD-

I guess it sucks for everyone not from the United States since rates of circumcision are well below majority.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toriko42
I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older. Dark_Knight6
My brother is uncircumcised my parents made sure of it. He's a year younger then me. He says it is perfectly fine.
Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts
Agreed. There are no medical benefits, and even if there were, the child should be able to choose whether he wants it or not once he can make decisions on his own.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toriko42
[QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]

looks so weird tho, and Ive talked to a lot of girls about this, 90% of them PREFER circumcised. They just say it looks and tastes cleaner and generally feel more durable/harder. the other girls dint really care either way (but they ho's they just love the ****)

and about the whole traumatizing, first impression bull**** there is a reason why our years of infancy are left in the darkness, it's natural, what happens during those years could seriously effect us for the rest of our lives. some things should never be remembered/forgotten. so get your facts straight. it may hurt them at the time but they get over it and forget it. ****'s sakes....

foxhound_fox

I guess it sucks for everyone not from the United States since rates of circumcision are well below majority.

Yeah, the US is the only place in the world where the majority is circumcised. Americans have to pay for it and of course Doctors will do it because they make money off it so why not make a hundred dollars for a simple torture..I mean surgery
Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts

I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.Sajedene

I remember that thread. It was the first debate I took a big part in. Oh, the memories . . . :P

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toriko42

Yeah ever since the circumcision day of my Myth, Magic, and Folk Religion class I have been INCREDIBLY against the practice.

My disgust over male circumcision totally PALES in comparison to the female circumcision issue going on in Africa.

Look it up if you must. The practice is absoultely AWFUL and I do believe it has been declared a human rights issue by the UN....

Edit: I just realized you forgot to mention how male circumcision can lead to sexual dysfunction later on in life....

Thechaninator
Female circumcision is disgusting but it'll be quite hard for us to stop the practice in a foreign country especially when the people doing it obviously have disregard for law.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older. Toriko42
My brother is uncircumcised my parents made sure of it. He's a year younger then me. He says it is perfectly fine.

No, I think that's the reason that used to be used, which doesn't really make sense. The skin can be pulled back.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older. Dark_Knight6

No, I think that's the reason that used to be used, which doesn't really make sense. The skin can be pulled back.

Exactly, and it's not like it is hard to do so
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

Nah, this is barbaric:

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sajedene
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]

Toriko42

Yeah, the US is the only place in the world where the majority is circumcised. Americans have to pay for it and of course Doctors will do it because they make money off it so why not make a hundred dollars for a simple torture..I mean surgery

No -- its also pretty big with Jewish countries like Israel, and the Philippines which is a Christian-dominated country.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
lol girls want the circumcised
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

Toriko42

Female circumcision is disgusting but it'll be quite hard for us to stop the practice in a foreign country especially when the people doing it obviously have disregard for law.

I think it is mainly hard because they either distrust the outside sources or let their religious thinking completely override the dangers they know are present.

In the vid we watched this couple who had taken part of a screening of a movie meant to spread awareness about the dangers of the practice STILL got their daughter circumcised despite having be jostled a bit by the film.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Thechaninator

lol girls want the circumcisedNetYankEagle

I guess some just like their man-meat freakish and un-natural....

They don't have to live with the consequences so whatever....

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dark_Knight6
[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older. Toriko42

I currently have a baby brother on the way, I'm going to try and convince my mom not to have it done to him. It really isn't right.

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

lol girls want the circumcisedNetYankEagle

I dont get it neither, why cant they accept it for the way it is.

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.Sajedene

Oh great, you again.:(

I'm extremely against circumcision without consent of the person who is supposed to get it done.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NetYankEagle

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]lol girls want the circumcisedThechaninator

freakish and unnatural wtf last time i checked my ish looked normal
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Gee thats not shallow at all
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]I think it's mainly for sanitation sake but you're right, it wouldn't be that hard to clean. I truly think it should be left up to the man when he becomes older. Dark_Knight6

I currently have a baby brother on the way, I'm going to try and convince my mom not to have it done to him. It really isn't right.

Lucky you with the baby brother!

And good, I'd hate to see my siblings go through that.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
i have no opinion on it, all i know is that i do not plan on having my eventual son be circumsized
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.FrostyPhantasm

Oh I'm sorry my standards dont include you.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]lol girls want the circumcisedNetYankEagle

Uncircumcised is normal to 90% of the world

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e97585ea928c

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.Sajedene

:lol: Standard? Your exluding a person from dating you because of something they had no control over, forgetting all other potential great things about them..

"Yeah hey, i don't date girls with outies"

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]

Toriko42

torture? hell i know i dont remember it at all nor i dont remember even feeling it.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sajedene
[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]lol girls want the circumcisedToriko42

Where do you live? Because from where I came from and where I live now -- circumcised is the norm and I like it that way.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thechaninator

It's also just plain natural......

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dark_Knight6

you with the baby brother!

And good, I'd hate to see my siblings go through that.Toriko42

My dad mentioned not having him circumcised a while back. So, hopefully, we can convince my mom. I really don't want to see him put through something so traumatizing at such a young age.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NetYankEagle

good for those people:| like i said most girls dont like uncircumcised. Sucks for that 90%
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Nah, this is barbaric:

tzar3

And they say Jesus suffered before he died.

Anyway yes circumcision is barbaric. I don't know of any way to chop up a babies penis without being barbaric.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sajedene
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.FrostyPhantasm

:lol: Standard? Your exluding a person from dating you because of something they had no control over, forgetting all other potential great things about them..

I consider sex to be a very big, important part of a relationship, as any person who knows how to keep a relationship would. Why then would I be with someone who can not excite me or turn me on in that part of the relationship? So yes it is a deal breaker.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
I'd rather have it done
Coke-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Coke-
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
I don't really care too much about the issue. I do see it as pointless, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it as parents do far worse things to their children (and by that I don't necessarily mean in a physical sense). Though I do love the arguments these threads tend to draw. If you make comments regarding a mans genitals it's laughable how defensive they get. Who really cares (aside from females)?
Redneck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Redneck33
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

Circumcision should be mandatory IMO. There is less of a chance of STDs, it is easier to clean, and most importantly, prevents many problems that very well could come up in the future. When you are a baby, you do not remember any pain, so it is better to be circumcised then instead of waiting until you are in your teens. It is a simple surgery when you are young and there is little reason to keep the foreskin, so might as well get it over with while you feel no pain.

And just to let you know, penn & teller bull****! show really is a bunch of bull****, which is kind of ironic if you think about it. I would honestly find a better source to get info and facts from.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NetYankEagle

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]you with the baby brother!

And good, I'd hate to see my siblings go through that.Dark_Knight6

My dad mentioned not having him circumcised a while back. So, hopefully, we can convince my mom. I really don't want to see him put through something so traumatizing at such a young age.

then dont watch it stop crying about it
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MindFreeze
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.FrostyPhantasm

Don't try that with her, she says "that's like, totttalllyy different." :P

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
I heard the baby doesn't feel it because the nerves aren't fully developed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.MindFreeze

It's pretty much like saying that all women need to get D size implants or its "Un-natural and not normal"
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MindFreeze

Circumcision should be mandatory IMO. There is less of a chance of STDs, it is easier to clean, and most importantly, prevents many problems that very well could come up in the future. When you are a baby, you do not remember any pain, so it is better to be circumcised then instead of waiting until you are in your teens. It is a simple surgery when you are young and there is little reason to keep the foreskin, so might as well get it over with while you feel no pain.

And just to let you know, penn & teller bull****! show really is a bunch of bull****, which is kind of ironic if you think about it. I would honestly find a better source to get info and facts from.

Redneck33

Even more ironic is that you're making up this "less chance of STDs" BS.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sajedene
[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Sajedene"]I said it before (an old thread where I got seriously flamed because of) and I will say it again... I dont like or will I ever hook up with a man who is uncircumcised.MindFreeze

Yeah, assuming I am a ditz is the best argument in regards to my standard/opinion. Yay you! And I'll include a mandatory flip of my hair for that too.
Coke-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Coke-
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

Isn't that what everyone does? No one really has complete control over their looks. I'm sure you wouldn't date a girl you found extremely unnattractive. Chances are she has little control over that.