London 2012 Olympics discussion (keep it here)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

So tomorrow will be the Olympics being held by the U of K,I thought OT could do with a central place to post Olympics related stuff instead of a sh!tload Olympic games threads.

So whats happened so far

South Korean flag was used to represent the North Korean womans football team

David Camerones said that the UK could make around £4 billion English pounds worth of profit from the Olympics

And Mitt Romneys met up with the Labour leader Edd Milband(David Camerones rival political party leader)

Olympic torch greeted by Royal family at Buckingham place

So OT,what do you think of the topics above?

Are you watching the Olympics?

And if you are what sports are you watching?

Note those living in the US can watch the Olympics herewhilst folks from the UK can watch it here.

*Update June 27 11:11AM GMT*

It's the final day of the torch relay across the United Kingdom,with the opening ceremony just hours away.The torch is currently crossing the river Thames on a flotilla of boats accompained by the Queens rowbarge.

*Update June 27 12:49PM GMT

Michelle Obama greets US atheletes in London,she tells Team USA that some of her fondest memories involved watching the Olympics on television and spoke about her father losing his own athletic ability due to multiple sclerosis.Mrs Obama was introduced by the former Olympic gymnast Dominique Dawes, who had joked that the First Lady was better at skipping.

*Update June 27 12:56PM GMT

The Olympic flame reaches City Hall to rest before emerging to light the cauldron at the opening ceremony.

*Update June 27 16:03PM GMT

London's black cab drivers have started a protest in the Olympic Games lane.They are moving slowly and stopping at Hyde Park Corner; their action was moved forward by three hours after police said they could not demonstrate on the Olympic Route Network from 16:00 to 03:00 BST.Cabbies have held two protests over not being allowed into the lanes which are reserved for officials and athletes and international media.The area in central London has become "stationary" and is causing congestion, BBC London Travel desk is reporting.

*Update June 27 21:00PM GMT

The Olympic opening ceremony of London 2012 will begin shortly!

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
I was wondering when a thread would pop up :P And yes, yes I am! Plan to watch as much as possible and will hopefully catch the opening ceremony tomorrow down the pub.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sexyweapons

I was wondering when a thread would pop up :P And yes, yes I am! Plan to watch as much as possible and will hopefully catch the opening ceremony tomorrow down the pub.Ravensmash

Yeah I was shocked no-one created one.I'm pretty excited,and seeing it at the pub sounds great fun:Dthough I doubt the opening ceremony will be nearly as good as China's.Anyway what sports are you watching?

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts

I'm excited, and overwhelmed by all the sports that are going to be there. I know I won't be able to watch everything, but I'll watch what I can.

I'm excited for the US Women's Gymnastics team, it's looking to be one of the best, Jordyn Wieber is very good!

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
It has already started before the opening ceremony with mens and womens football (soccer Yes,I'll probably watch it everyday Will watch anything but prefer the Athletics,Swimming,Boxing,Rugby 7s,Football (soccer) and want to see the Basketball and Ice Hockey this year
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sexyweapons

I'm excited, and overwhelmed by all the sports that are going to be there. I know I won't be able to watch everything, but I'll watch what I can.

I'm excited for the US Women's Gymnastics team, it's looking to be one of the best, Jordyn Wieber is very good!

juden41

Yeah,I should have plenty of time to watch it.Although I'm kinda worried that two events I want to see will be on at the same time.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
I'll pretty much watch anything but prefer swimming and track. Go USA!!!!!!!!
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sexyweapons

I'll pretty much watch anything but prefer swimming and track. Go USA!!!!!!!!ExoticAnimal

swimmings always good,hopefully GB get the gold GO GB!

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Didya hear about that Greek athlete who got booted for some tweets of hers?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sexyweapons

TheFallenDemon

Nope,tell me about it.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheFallenDemon

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

sexyweapons

Nope,tell me about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9426669/London-2012-Olympics-Greece-athlete-Voula-Papachristou-expelled-for-racist-comment-on-Twitter.html?vm=r

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]I'll pretty much watch anything but prefer swimming and track. Go USA!!!!!!!!sexyweapons

swimmings always good,hopefully GB get the gold GO GB!

Yea, can't wait to see how Phelps vs Lochte plays out but think Phelps will pull the sweep once again.

TheFallenDemon
Yea, read about that yesterday. Sucks for her but at least it will give the U.S. a better chance of getting a medal in the event. :P
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
Not sure about the £4 billion in profit. Not when you factor in the massive upset that the capital will have to its transit network for nearly a month.... how are people going to be able to get to work?
Zonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zonno
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

Lol @ North Koreans.

They must have felt as if they have been pecked in their tuft.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
My eyes are set on the men and women's 100m and 200m.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

TheFallenDemon
Yea that was pretty crazy. Was that the Olympic comity that decided or the Greek selection comity?
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

Nope,tell me about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9426669/London-2012-Olympics-Greece-athlete-Voula-Papachristou-expelled-for-racist-comment-on-Twitter.html?vm=r

Well thats one less athlete to worry about

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Rooting for the Brits, of course :P

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
congratulations you get STICKY HONOUR since we could benefit from a single thread for this, good initiative. I changed the thread title to something with fewer caps for some reason but it's all good mitt romney meeting with ed milliband is silly especially since they're supposed to be political opposites who should have nothing in common other than being opposition party candidates with no hope of winning
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sexyweapons

congratulations you get STICKY HONOUR since we could benefit from a single thread for this, good initiative. I changed the thread title to something with fewer caps for some reason but it's all good mitt romney meeting with ed milliband is silly especially since they're supposed to be political opposites who should have nothing in common other than being opposition party candidates with no hope of winningEJ902

Thanks EJ:)!I thought we should have a central thread for the Olmpics.

But yeah I simply don't understand why Mitt Romney would meet with Ed Miliband since their complete opposites when it comes to politics.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sexyweapons

Not sure about the £4 billion in profit. Not when you factor in the massive upset that the capital will have to its transit network for nearly a month.... how are people going to be able to get to work?Wolls

Yeah I to thought it was kinda strange,but ay gotta trust the PM

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I'll probably be watching Fencing and Basketball.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#23 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I have already begun watching the games. I watched our women lose to Japan yesterday in football. It really should have been a draw, had our keeper not been so aggressive.

-

My wife and I will be watching most, if not all of the games that we can. Our pvr will be busy.

Kayaking

Rowing

Track

and cycling are my go to events.

-

Bolt's going to break his record. 9.56.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Only interested in the opening ceremony since China will just win all the medals anyway.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
Im sad Shawn Johnson retired :( but wish i could go there LIVE since i live close to London :D
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

The excitement is almost at fever pitch here in London. I wish I were more excited. The Olympic stadium is just across the Thames from my House.

My mum got to take a pic holding the torch though :D, I guess thats something. As for the sports, I dont quite know what I'll be watching, the fotball, maybe, but I currently have other matters on my mind and may miss the whole thing, apart from the opening and closing ceremony.

Though we may make 4 billion quid from this, the whole thing is costing us 9 billion, I mean HAVE YOU SEEN THAT OLYMPIC VILLAGE? Its the size of a small city.

Anyways I have enjpoyed the torch relay ans stuff, helping the local people from all over the UK connect with the games, its not just about London.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#27 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Jut found out that the Spice Girls are reuniting for the closing ceremonies. Can't wait!!!!

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

I'm always excited for Olympics, not a big fan of most team sports, but I love the variety.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sexyweapons

Only interested in the opening ceremony since China will just win all the medals anyway.Lonelynight

Yeah though I doubt it will be as good as China's ,but I like to stay open minded.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#30 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Has it started?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sexyweapons

Has it started?

DeadMan1290

SOME sports have started but most haven't.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sexyweapons

The excitement is almost at fever pitch here in London. I wish I were more excited. The Olympic stadium is just across the Thames from my House.

My mum got to take a pic holding the torch though :D, I guess thats something. As for the sports, I dont quite know what I'll be watching, the fotball, maybe, but I currently have other matters on my mind and may miss the whole thing, apart from the opening and closing ceremony.

Though we may make 4 billion quid from this, the whole thing is costing us 9 billion, I mean HAVE YOU SEEN THAT OLYMPIC VILLAGE? Its the size of a small city.

Anyways I have enjpoyed the torch relay ans stuff, helping the local people from all over the UK connect with the games, its not just about London.

Zaibach

Must be cool to be so close,would of loved to have seen the build up in London.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts
I can't believe that mess up with the Korean flags
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sexyweapons

I can't believe that mess up with the Korean flagsseahorse123

Yeah,I couldn't stop laughing.The funniest thing is the South Korean and North Korean flags look nothing like each other!

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="seahorse123"]I can't believe that mess up with the Korean flagssexyweapons

Yeah,I couldn't stop laughing.The funniest thing is the South Korean and North Korean flags look nothing like each other!

I know the north Korean flag is red and blue I think and the south is a circle with red and blue and some black lines on the four sides how could that happen?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

sexyweapons

Well, its sort of cool, as long as you dont plan on traveling anywhwere within London for the next 2 weeks :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Can't wait to read about all the crazy sex orgies too lol.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zaibach

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Aljosa23

The hell kind of Olympics do you normally go to? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Zaibach

You're not aware, bro?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/sex-relationships/sex/london-2012-sex-mad-athletes-set-1144971

The Olympic village is pretty much one big sex orgy. Lifestyles even donated 150,000 condoms the other day.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

Well, its sort of cool, as long as you dont plan on traveling anywhwere within London for the next 2 weeks :P

managed to find this satellite pic of the Olympic park,its pretty big!

_61854109_sat.jpg?cachebuster=cb13433962

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Aljosa23

You're not aware, bro?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/sex-relationships/sex/london-2012-sex-mad-athletes-set-1144971

The Olympic village is pretty much one big sex orgy. Lifestyles even donated 150,000 condoms the other day.

Apparently not Lolo Jones, though.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

sexyweapons

Oh yeah its fvcking massive, didnt know there was that much real-estate in the middle of London.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Can't wait to read about all the crazy sex orgies too lol.:cool:

Aljosa23

You're not aware, bro?

Young Fit, agile, eager and excited people all in one place in the summer sun.

Yeah I could see why,

plus Hope Solo goddamn!!!

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

HYPED AS FVCK, SON

Aljosa23

You're not aware, bro?

Well I didn't know that lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Young Fit, agile, eager and excited people all in one place in the summer sun.

Yeah I could see why,

plus Hope Solo goddamn!!!

Zaibach

A dude on NeoGAF claimed he's an Olympic archer and got to smang Alex Morgan a few times lol.

mad jelly if tr00

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

Oh yeah its fvcking massive, didnt know there was that much real-estate in the middle of London.

Yeah,wonder what was there before the park.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

sexyweapons

I remember what was there before, it was a goddamn dump, a tip, a hell hole, a smyte on the face of Stratford.

It was an industrial tip, the kind of view that would make you want to commit suicide, no joke

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

I remember what was there before, it was a goddamn dump, a tip, a hell hole, a smyte on the face of Stratford.

It was an industrial tip, the kind of view that would make you want to commit suicide, no joke

Yeah,they just mentioned it on the news.The park itself is looking really nice,glad we managed to change the place around.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
cant wait for team USA AND DOMINATE THIS! LETS GO USA!
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheFallenDemon

cant wait for team USA AND DOMINATE THIS! LETS GO USA!Bloodseeker23

that era is dead.

The Chinadomination of Olympics has already begun, and there's nothing you can do about it.