HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4902 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Typical Statham movie. If you like gunfights and ass whoopings, you'll like the movie.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4903 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4904 ophelmark
Member since 2017 • 613 Posts

Kingdom of Heaven.I can understand when in a movie certain type of people are written as villains but Man oh man in this movie christians are portrayed as something worst than shit.Crusaders specially.Ok i get some of them did terrible things but to paint them all as scum it's ridiculous.If Ridley Scott was a character in this movie.He would be one of the Crusaders.Cause he just acts like them...demonizing all Crusaders and overall all christianity.

As i kept watching i was wondering if RS shared the director credits with Saladim.Cause in this movie the Muslims are portrayed as pure saints.Again i can understand when you pick certain people to be the heroes but RS went full retard again with the depiction of the Muslims.

It's a shame cause i thought this movie will give a fair shake to this part of the story but i guess i was asking too much.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4905 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Just rewatched Lego Batman. Excellent movie that hasn't gotten old. Zach Galifianakis should really be on more people's best Jokers' of all Time lists.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4906  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Rocky - Just a damn good movie, realised that I've never actually seen it before even though I knew all the key moments and pop references from it since I was a kid. 8/10 The boy ray looked really solid also for such an old movie.

Rocky 2 - The directing and cinematography weren't nearly as solid this time around, but it was still a good watch overall. 6/10

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4907 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

Jojo Rabbit. Started off funny AF, then got really depressing later on. 8/10 Sam Rockwell is always awesome.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4908 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

AltOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4909 AltOmega
Member since 2020 • 9 Posts

Bloodsport, the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie

KUMITE KUMITE

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4910 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
Loading Video...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4911 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Ant Man and the Wasp. Ehhhh

Omega2149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4912 Omega2149
Member since 2020 • 69 Posts

Superman: Red Son

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4913 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

The Conjuring 1 and 2. Two, of the very few, modern horror movies that I've enjoyed.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4914 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

The Night Comes for Us, craziest action movie ever.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4915 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Black Sheep *Chris Farley will always be one of my favorite comedians ever* Non-stop laughs!

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4918 ophelmark

Mortal Kombat.Man this was such a lame movie.When you got more violence on older Van Damn movies you know this movie it's a huge joke.When i saw...kintaro? you know the freak with 4 arms do a ''fatality'' on Jax i laughed my ass off.Oh no so much ''gore'' LOL.I'm fainting here.This movie was terrible.Maybe it's my bias against Netherrealms but this movie was just a huge retarded joke.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4919 ophelmark

See No Evil, Hear No Evil.I think some jokes lose their comedy value after you hear them so many times.I have seen bits and pieces of this movie and i thought it was pretty funny but when i saw it again today some of the jokes lost it's luster.But overall it's a pretty good movie.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4920  Edited By ophelmark

The Maze Runner.Great movie.I hope the sequels are good.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4921 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

I watched I See You. Not bad with a bunch of no-name actors, except for Helen Hunt. I had no idea it was her until after when I checked IMDb. I thought it was Rocky Dennis.

alighassan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4922  Edited By alighassan69
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

i,m watching now a day diriliÅŸ ertuÄŸrul amazing series all the time

artberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4923 artberg
Member since 2020 • 5 Posts

This morning I looked belgian trash "Wedding Vase". My morning has never begun "so well"))

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4925 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

just watched Munich. Prime film. One of Spielbergs best.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4926 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Every Saturday is movie night with my oldest son. This weekend I introduced him to "Memphis Belle". He's learning WW2 in school so I'm showing him movies of that theme.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4927 ophelmark

Serpico.Great movie.It actually made me feel bad for Serpico's character.He was just a good and honest cop trying to survive in a world of corruption.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4929 ophelmark

Dead Man Walking.Honestly i didn't feel that bad about Poncelet at first but when the time arrived were he was going to be executed i did.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4930 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

lawrence of arabia

long but good movie

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4931  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

Having more time lately during times of crisis, I've been watching a lot of movies. I've rewatched some favorites and I've been watching new ones too.

Here's some of the new movies I've watched recently:

The Florida Project

Damn. This movie hit like a ton of bricks and it really crept up as the movie went on. There is an incredibly raw sense of craft, all the characters feel painfully realistic and Willem Dafoe feels so regular with the crowd too. There is so much amazing stuff to unpack here and buy-and-large the film is a tragic look into the real life of people living on the fringes of society and there's a lot of adult drama yet the film is focused on a child's point-of-view. I think the ending is going to go down as one of the greatest yet most divisive endings I've seen in a film, ever. My goodness was it something. I think The Florida Project is shaping up to having the recognition of one of the great films of the 21st-century so far, and I can wholly understand and I can concur with that praise.

The Invisible Man

Pretty great horror movie that tackles the themes of domestic abuse in relationships railing along the side of an updated H.G Wells vision. There was some very fun uses of horror that does not feel blatantly inspired by what we've seen in other horror movies. There was some really cool stuff in here and it handles a subject overall well.

Rocketman

I have not really been aboard this whole phase of musician biopics, but I found myself watching Rocketman recently and I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. Overall, can't go wrong with Elton John and you get a lot of that here, and it was exceptionally well-made with some pretty cool and at times surrealistic composition.

Midsommar

Uhhh, this one just made me squirm. I felt almost dirty after watching it and I really had no idea what to think of it. Midsommar is a very uncomfortable, cringy film, and it's that way on purpose. As the week went by this one has been on my mind a lot. After some analysis I have respect for Midsommar. It's a truly uncomfortable and reversed take on horror as a genre. My biggest takeaway in this film is the first and final shot. If you've seen this movie you know what I'm talking about - now that's a juxtaposition and it's kinda brilliant.

The Disaster Artist

I have not even seen the movie this movie is based on, but for some reason I was interested in watching this, because albeit not seeing The Room, I'm familiar with the eccentric demeanor of Tommy Wiseau and I enjoy James Franco. I had no problem understanding this movie despite not seeing the one its based on, because overall it's pretty much your universal backstage drama comedy and we've seen a lot of those in cinema. The Disaster Artist isn't trying to innovate, but overall I found it oddly charming. Tommy Wiseau is popular for a reason, and he's entertaining to watch, and James Franco is a great actor too - and that's basically what this movie overall leans on, the characteristics of this persona and the weirdness of a production. I enjoyed it overall, and if I ever get around to watching The Room, maybe I'll get a lot more references and find it more entertaining.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4932 ophelmark

Train to Busan.I felt the need to rewatch this movie for some reason.I still think it's an amazing movie.But this time i think i have become more cynical.Cause i think the theme of this movie about the sacrifices made by Men.Specifically Fathers nowadays are not appreciated anymore or are even used to take advantage of them.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4933 DEVILinIRON
Loading Video...

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4934 ophelmark

Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure.The best part was the second half by far.Overall it was a good movie.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4935 DEVILinIRON

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4936 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Into the Blue 2005

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4937 ophelmark

I decided to finish Nekromantik since my afternoon was kinda ruined.Don't ask.This movie reminds me of all the hot garbage that postmodernist art has brought to the world.I was kinda weirded out that i could stomach this movie.I was even eating my dinner while i was watching the last minutes of this movie.The ending was proper to the story.But what really made me wonder was the part when he...how could i say it...how he fixes back a crucifix...before that i was kinda confused why he was prancing around like a retard...watching the sky...the only conclusion i could muster it's that he realized God would forgive him even tho he was a huge pervert that gets off on dead people?

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4938 ophelmark

Mad Max.Just a rewatch of an old favorite of mine.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4939 ophelmark

The Night Eats The World.I think this movie would have been better with a narrator expressing the thoughts of the mc.And it would also helped if it had a better actor as the mc.For a moment i thought the big reveal was going to be that he was a robot all along with the mind of a children.Also the movie didn't build him properly i felt zero sympathy towards him.Not because of the mistakes he made but cause i just didn't like how he acted or at least the things i saw.

Anyway if you want to watch an actually good zombie movie that has a great story that makes you care about their protagonists...watch Train to Busann.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4940 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Rampage

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4941  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Portishead: Roseland New York Live (1997) (DVD)

Wow! I've watched a ton of concert films this year, and this was easily one of the best. Never realized the band was such a huge crew when I just listened to the albums. It's almost an orchestra. Loved seeing the heavy electronic trip hop orchestral slow jazz actually performed, with intimate photography (often close shots of the equipment being played) to boot. Also appreciated the back stage footage that was interspersed over the music. I thought it helped the flow. You could tell they were so excited when it was over. Listened to the stereo track with headphones, looking forward to revising in 5.1. Would pay good money for a Blu-ray with higher res audio, but will never happen for most of these old concert films. Anyway, a really tight performance with a great mix in spite of the compression.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4942 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Miracle in Cell no. 7. I cried like a baby.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4943 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

Spidey-Man 2.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4944 ophelmark

Oldboy(korean original).Just a rewatch of one of my all time favorites.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4945 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

Game GTA 5 was a movie game with a nice story.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4946 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

"Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" if you haven't seen it, it's your typical Will Ferrell comedy, but with catchy music. I enjoyed it, but I am easily entertained. Molly Sandén lends her amazing voice to the movie and the song at the end of the contest is amazing. Best song to come out of it is Jaja Ding Dong.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4947  Edited By DEVILinIRON

Predator 2

Claire's Knee

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4948  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

Saw Joker.

Most conflicted I've felt about a movie in a while. It's a very well made movie, each individual thing about it was expertly made. Very artsy fartsy yet incredibly spooky and genuinely terrifying at spots.

But it's very existence gives me pause. Much has been said that it could be triggering to people with mental conditions, and after watching it, I think they are correct.

The message of the film of the lack of empathy and social programs leading to crime is good, but it portraying Joker as a sympathetic hero is very questionable. It can also be co-opted by those that see the poor as an enemy and that the rich are the true heroes.

The script is a bit fat, movie is a bit long; a better screenwriter could probably have merged a bunch of different scenes. Also, the Wayne aspect seemed like it was added in late just to make it more Batman-like.

Visually the movie is great, the score sounded good but I didn't think the tone was appropriate. Very heroic when the Joker was breaking down, Happy music when the murders start.

I believe IMO that the message of the lack of care for mental health leads to crime is undermined by the movie portraying Joker as a hero of the people and frequently glorifying violence and (for a multitude of scenes) suicide.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4949 ophelmark

The Beguiled.I need to offer an apology to the guy or chick that recommend this movie and i trashed it before even finishing it.Well i decided today to watch the rest of it for several reasons.Man this movie took an unexpected horror turn.I was shellshocked the movie went into that direction after starting out as a romance novel like movie for chicks.Pretty good movie.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4950 ophelmark

@Willy105: I don't want to get into arguments cause i have a few beers in the tank and the last thing i want to do is waste a good buzz by arguing but i think you missed the point of Joker.The music and setting seems heroic cause psychos like him and all the rioters in this movie see themselves as heroes so they can justify all horrible things they do.