Is pedophilia a sickness or is it just a feeling towards young people?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

It changes with the times, the legal age in some U.S. states was 7 up until 1890 ish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.Stesilaus

I'd contend that religious indoctrination is potentially far more harmful to a child than consensual sex with a caring adult. Yet religious indoctrination of children is permitted in the US.

Unfortunately in cases of child rape, its not consensual sex. A "caring" adult would not be having sex with a 10 year old child especially one, who by definition, can not give consent.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It changes with the times, the legal age in some U.S. states was 7 up until 1890 ish.

tenaka2
Still is legal in states like west virgnia and kentucky, but only if that young person is related to you.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Child preadators don't deserve tolerance. People that tolerate them are mentally ill.

ShadowMoses900

Being born with certain urges does not make you a child predator. And you know this. I know you like to put all different people against a wall and shoot them, but in real life some nuance does not hurt brother. Eradicating The Different with jail cells and bullets sounds good in the mind of somebody who sees things in black and white. Myopic world view. Specsavers fanboys. But take that 1943 to 1984 sh*t elsewhere and realise that not everybody acts on these things. God.

There isn't any evidence that people are born as pedophiles, there isn't any real evidence that says people are born with any sexual desires. Pedophiles are a danger to society, they are a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time before they act, if they haven't then they need to be checked into a mental ward where they can be treated and never let out.

Most pedophiles do not care however, their brain patters are similar to that of rapists and seriel killers. They lack empathy and compassion, no conscionce, that is why they are capable of doing the sick things they do. I often worry about people on OT, including you, so many people here defend pedphiles and incest and other sick sh!t. Do you guys even live in reality? If the average person saw the things you guys support they would think there would be something wrong with you.

People that defend pedophiles makes me wonder about them....about who they really are....

And every person is a potential criminal if pushed hard enough. Punishing people for urges or aspects of their personality they do not have ANY control over is ludicrous. Dangerous. Orwellian. Hear me out for me a minute, because this is a controversial and unheard of thought, but, maybe it's a good idea to punish people for their actions? Their conscious mistakes. Their park stakeouts. Their Omegle activity. But f*ck if you will find me defending removing "potential threats" with no rhyme or reason just because The Society TM deemed them a potential danger. You know who else did that? I am not defending child predators. Molestation. Convicted attackers. Jimmy Savile. It's a bit sickening you use twist my words to imply I'm a "pedophile", but whatever makes you feel better about advocating one of the scariest worlds since 1984.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....MrPraline

Is this a joke post?

Probably not sadly.

Some of them look young, and its obviously more acceptable to joke about hitting on 15-16 year olds....
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Ofcourse it's a sickness!!!!!

It's horrible!

Btw,to anyone who thinks teens are kids,you're wrong.

Technically,they are between kids & adults.

So don't include them.

The correct term for liking teens is hebephilia.

NOT the same.

GreekGameManiac
Did people see this post? Kinda funny
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

OT is many things but if you came here for reassurance, you made a mistake.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MrPraline
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Is this a joke post?lonewolf604
Probably not sadly.

Some of them look young, and its obviously more acceptable to joke about hitting on 15-16 year olds....

Oh I get that, and yeah, but 15-16 isn't pedophilia, that's what I meant.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Ofcourse it's a sickness!!!!!

It's horrible!

Btw,to anyone who thinks teens are kids,you're wrong.

Technically,they are between kids & adults.

So don't include them.

The correct term for liking teens is hebephilia.

NOT the same.

themajormayor

Did people see this post? Kinda funny

:lol:... hentai

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

like any other sexual paraphilia: necrophilia, zoophilia, sadism, and masochism

It's something people can't control, in that sense, like homosexuality as well, though I don't think pedophilia is a sexual orientation, more like a division of sexuality.

It's been misunderstood, and became a target of modern witch hunt, it's one of the proofs that modern society really hasn't moved on much from the middle ages.

Should it be a mental disorder? well, for the convenience of the public, I guess there are reasons keeping it a "mental disorder", but then again mental disorder is just artificial created labels for deviance, especially for socially stigmatized ones. Just being logical here, if homosexuality (once been a mental disorder) is not, why is pedophilia a mental disorder?

Ncsoftlover

Stop thinking that just because you don't like something it automatically makes it paraphillia.

And fyi,pedophillia isn't even a paraphilia,imo atleast.

Paraphillias can be ok,liking kids is SICK!

Don't put them in the same class!

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Thanks for all the posts people and a special thanks for keeping it civilized. I was expecting bad things when I did this. We all think the same about the issue but I wanted to know why,who and what. Thanks again to all of you
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
It's a mental disorder; a feeling only sick-minded people get.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.sonicare

I'd contend that religious indoctrination is potentially far more harmful to a child than consensual sex with a caring adult. Yet religious indoctrination of children is permitted in the US.

Unfortunately in cases of child rape, its not consensual sex. A "caring" adult would not be having sex with a 10 year old child especially one, who by definition, can not give consent.

Rapist: She said "no", but I know she meant "yes".

Prosecutor: She said "yes", but I know she meant "no".

:roll:

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

Paedophilia isn't immoral per se since no one can really be blamed for an urge they don't choose to have, but obviously acting on that urge is immoralMannyDelgado

that also depends, in the 70's people having relationship with 15 year olds is perfectly normal, these days people want their intestines cut out. while in China, age of consent is 14, Japan 13, Spain 13, these relationships continue to be normal. I'm sure hundred of years ago, 15 would be the normal age of marriage, and giving birth to children, so it's all perspective.

Age of consent vastly differs from one place to another, people are socially conditioned to confuse age of consent to age of "Acceptable attraction". So in the states, attraction toward a girl 17 years 364 days 23 hours old would probably be an abomination, while in China, when the Age of consent is 14, such a social attitude does not exist at all, these days, the westerns societies are being more conserved, possibily feeling guilty as a society for the sexual liberation movement.

See the truth is, from the nature's point of view, if a child go through sexual development (age 11 to 12), then it's perfectly normal to feel sexual attraction toward them, if you feel it's an abomination to feel sexual attraction toward a 13 years old, it's social conditioning at work, I don't think there's anything unnatural about it. Certainly our ancesters from 500 years old wouldn't think there's anything unnatural about it, but then again, our ancester would think homosexuality is unnatural, so, it's all perspectives.

Whether it's moral or not to have sex with a 13 years old, that's a completely different topic all together, but the attraction itself, is nothing unnatural. And no, people feeling a perfect natural attraction should not be in prison for the rest of their lives being raped and killed by double convicted murderers.

People also never realize that pedophilia is about feeling sexual attraction toward prepubescent children, so sexual attraction toward anyone older than 11, is not pedophilia, pedophilia itself is an attraction that's not so much logical, but then again, homosexuality is not that logical to begin with, so if it doesn't hurt anyone, why would the attraction itself be so stigmatized.

Does being a heterosexual meaning you will go out and rape women? If not, why are people willing to put pedophiles forever in prison for thought crimes, and why do people assume that pedophiles will just go out and harm Children? There's no grounds for such statement. They're just finding the next target now that gays are not popular to hate.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
it's a paraphilia, therefore it is a diagnosable illness. Most pedophiles never act on their urges.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

like any other sexual paraphilia: necrophilia, zoophilia, sadism, and masochism

It's something people can't control, in that sense, like homosexuality as well, though I don't think pedophilia is a sexual orientation, more like a division of sexuality.

It's been misunderstood, and became a target of modern witch hunt, it's one of the proofs that modern society really hasn't moved on much from the middle ages.

Should it be a mental disorder? well, for the convenience of the public, I guess there are reasons keeping it a "mental disorder", but then again mental disorder is just artificial created labels for deviance, especially for socially stigmatized ones. Just being logical here, if homosexuality (once been a mental disorder) is not, why is pedophilia a mental disorder?

GreekGameManiac

Stop thinking that just because you don't like something it automatically makes it paraphillia.

And fyi,pedophillia isn't even a paraphilia,imo atleast.

Paraphillias can be ok,liking kids is SICK!

Don't put them in the same class!

no, it's perception, having sexual attraction toward a shoebox and having sexual attraction toward a 8 years old boy seem to me like they are in the same category. I don't think any one thought is really objectively worse than any other. It's just that people are more sensitive to kids that's all.

It's the action that matters, not the thought, I mean afterall, name me a human being that never for a second thought of killing someone.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrPraline
It's the action that matters, not the thought, I mean afterall, name me a human being that never for a second thought of killing someone.Ncsoftlover
Yep.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Ncsoftlover

it's a paraphilia, therefore it is a diagnosable illness. Most pedophiles never act on their urges.Apocalypse33

That's debatable, personally, I don't think anyone would label sadomasochism (and all those kinky stuff) as mental disorders, they're as strange as pedophilia to some, but they're not as stigmatized and you know the reason why. My question is, just because pedophilia is more stigmatized, that automatically makes it a mental disorder? And I thought clinical psychiatry is serious business that's non biased here!

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ncsoftlover

Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....lonewolf604

I don't know how many times should I clarify this, that is not pedophilia, sexual attraction toward a 15 or 16 year old is not unnatural, they are not prepubescent, age of consent in most countries in the world allow sexual activitiy with 16 year olds.

In Canada for example, even 12 year old can engage in sexual activity with a 14 year old, while 15 year old can legally have sex with a 20 year old, though it's not okay it the older person is 22, for example.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

I guess it depends how loose we are with the term illness, though, it certainly could be. I am far too uneducated on the matter.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....Ncsoftlover

I don't know how many times should I clarify this, that is not pedophilia, sexual attraction toward a 15 or 16 year old is not unnatural, they are not prepubescent, age of consent in most countries in the world allow sexual activitiy with 16 year olds.

In Canada for example, 12 year old can engage in sexual activity with a 14 year old, while 15 year old can legally have sex with a 20 year old, though it's not okay it the older person is 22, for example.

But my point is, some 15 year olds look really young, and under developed.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....lonewolf604

In Canada for example, 12 year old can engage in sexual activity with a 14 year old, while 15 year old can legally have sex with a 20 year old, though it's not okay it the older person is 22, for example.

But my point is, some 15 year olds look really young, and under developed.

Hmm, of course you're right, more people have pedophilia tendencies than they would care to admit, if not, how do you explain the 9 year olds marriages through out human history?

whether a person looks developed or not is entirely subjective. Would a Chinese 14 years old girl look developed to an American for example? But in China, she is of age of consent and could legally have sex with anyone of any age, while the American would definitely be socially conditioned to feel "guilty" about having feeling toward a seemingly "underdeveloped" 14 year old asian girl, but then, what is the standard baseline for looking "developed", would Chinese feel guilty about such attractions, probably not, so again, perceptions.

No matter how underdeveloped the 15 year old may look, she/he has been through sexual development, if nature has an intentions, what does that tell you? Why would anything be "unnatural" but exist? In fact, I'd argue there's nothing "unnatural" being attracted to a 7 years old either, using the argument that if it exist then it's can't be unnatural, it might be deviant and abnormal, but then left handedness is alsoabnormal, but not unnatural.

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]it's a paraphilia, therefore it is a diagnosable illness. Most pedophiles never act on their urges.Ncsoftlover

That's debatable, personally, I don't think anyone would label sadomasochism (and all those kinky stuff) as mental disorders, they're as strange as pedophilia to some, but they're not as stigmatized and you know the reason why. My question is, just because pedophilia is more stigmatized, that automatically makes it a mental disorder? And I thought clinical psychiatry is serious business that's non biased here!

it's not debatable, it's an actual thing. and a lot of that "kinky stuff" (exhibitionists, froettuers, etc) are also diagnosable paraphilias.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Define the word "pedophilia" and then I can answer.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]it's a paraphilia, therefore it is a diagnosable illness. Most pedophiles never act on their urges.Apocalypse33

it's not debatable, it's an actual thing. and a lot of that "kinky stuff" (exhibitionists, froettuers, etc) are also diagnosable paraphilias.

no one has ever answered me, why is pedophilia a mental disorder and homosexuality no longer is and (why it used to be).

Clinical psychiatry is more often than not a joke, that's the answer.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse33"]it's a paraphilia, therefore it is a diagnosable illness. Most pedophiles never act on their urges.Apocalypse33

Dude whats the music video from your sig I remember that was so funny

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Im sorry, but if somebody ever did that to my son, we wouldnt be having a sickness/feeling debate. We're be having a Murder trial... I know Im not the only one either.