Is pedophilia a sickness or is it just a feeling towards young people?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
It's a discussion me and my friends have for quite a time now. First I want to say I don't have the intention to offence people with this question,I know it is a really hard thing to think and talk about. That said I believe it's something that can not be cured. It's like I love my wife and she loves me. It's like my best friend who is gay and loves his man. Nothing wrong with it? I think everything is wrong with it. What about you and why?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

It's definitely an illness but I don't think it's an excuse.

MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MannyDelgado
Member since 2011 • 1187 Posts
Paedophilia isn't immoral per se since no one can really be blamed for an urge they don't choose to have, but obviously acting on that urge is immoral
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
I'd even go as far to say that's it's natural (as in, a natural diversion of human behavior). With that said, it doesn't mean society has to tolerate it.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, but non-criminal pedophiles should be treated equally, or at least not too badly discriminated against.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I don't care. Just execute them already
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

It's definitely an illness but I don't think it's an excuse.

Pirate700

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
It's a mental disorder and there should never be an excuse for it.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts
It's a mental disorder and there should never be an excuse for it. BatCrazedJoker
not to condone the actions or anything, but isn't conceding that it's a mental disorder in and of itself an excuse?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5871 Posts
It is an (abnormal) sexual orientation that results in rape if acted on.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

It's the only true way to live.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

something to do with hormones i believe.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Pedophilia is said to be a abnormal/illness. However these days I am starting to wonder if all can be designated as such or if some are just the type who get a natural high from anything taboo. Like its a turn on to do something against the norm. Starts off innocent enough and eventually it gets worse and worse. Unsure if that is a mental disorder since so many humans do in all ways of life.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

something to do with hormones i believe.

TheShadowLord07

mahesh, don't see you anymore on OT. hows life?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuraimen
Pedophilia is said to be a abnormal/illness. However these days I am starting to wonder if all can be designated as such or if some are just the type who get a natural high from anything taboo. Like its a turn on to do something against the norm. Starts off innocent enough and eventually it gets worse and worse. Unsure if that is a mental disorder since so many humans do in all ways of life.CreasianDevaili
There were many cultures and still there are where pedophilia is perfectly normal. It's also normal on our close ancestors like chimps and bonobos. But cultures change and things become taboo. Right now pedophilia is taboo because it can be harmful for children. That a behavior is natural or normal doesn't mean it's good. I think it's more useful if we say things like they are instead of trying to pretend things are like we want to. Problems are solved easier that way.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Paedophilia isn't immoral per se since no one can really be blamed for an urge they don't choose to have, but obviously acting on that urge is immoralMannyDelgado
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Pedophilia is said to be a abnormal/illness. However these days I am starting to wonder if all can be designated as such or if some are just the type who get a natural high from anything taboo. Like its a turn on to do something against the norm. Starts off innocent enough and eventually it gets worse and worse. Unsure if that is a mental disorder since so many humans do in all ways of life.kuraimen
There were many cultures and still there are where pedophilia is perfectly normal. It's also normal on our close ancestors like chimps and bonobos. But cultures change and things become taboo. Right now pedophilia is taboo because it can be harmful for children. That a behavior is natural or normal doesn't mean it's good. I think it's more useful if we say things like they are instead of trying to pretend things are like we want to. Problems are solved easier that way.

I know the history of it. That was why i specifically mentioned people who get a thrill out of doing something taboo. I think we all know them. Hell maybe slept with them and that was why we don't anymore. When i said it is said to be abnormal/illness I was merely saying the definition as to my own culture's standards. I know why we label it taboo and for good reason. We have taboo'ed many personal freedoms which are harmful because we know they are harmful. But mostly I brought up the taboo thing because I don't see it as a illness. I see it as something else. Don't afford it for myself and damn others for it but not a illness imo.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Pedophilia is said to be a abnormal/illness. However these days I am starting to wonder if all can be designated as such or if some are just the type who get a natural high from anything taboo. Like its a turn on to do something against the norm. Starts off innocent enough and eventually it gets worse and worse. Unsure if that is a mental disorder since so many humans do in all ways of life.CreasianDevaili

I know the history of it. That was why i specifically mentioned people who get a thrill out of doing something taboo. I think we all know them. Hell maybe slept with them and that was why we don't anymore. When i said it is said to be abnormal/illness I was merely saying the definition as to my own culture's standards. I know why we label it taboo and for good reason. We have taboo'ed many personal freedoms which are harmful because we know they are harmful. But mostly I brought up the taboo thing because I don't see it as a illness. I see it as something else. Don't afford it for myself and damn others for it but not a illness imo.

I agree.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CreasianDevaili
I agree.kuraimen
So I figure the mention that we shouldn't pretend was in reference to trying to comfort ourselves by labeling it an illness instead of just human nature in general eh? Since an illness is someone people say you have or you don't and can leave behind the notion that their own loss of control can kill, rape, molest, etc.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#21 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

We had a thread just like this in OT months ago. It did not end well. :(

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I agree.CreasianDevaili
So I figure the mention that we shouldn't pretend was in reference to trying to comfort ourselves by labeling it an illness instead of just human nature in general eh? Since an illness is someone people say you have or you don't and can leave behind the notion that their own loss of control can kill, rape, molest, etc.

Yeah labelling it an illness is the easy way out but not really good to find a solution or to understand the phenomenon. It's a good approach to understand these things scientifically but for that we need to be honest first.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CreasianDevaili

We had a thread just like this in OT months ago. It did not end well. :(

Lucky_Krystal
I think that was because people decided to have fun and bring up bronies and my little pony. Long as no one mentioned how people think my little pony bronies are borderline pedophiles this thread will be fine.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#24 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Pedophilia, whether it is a sickness or not I don't know. It is sick, and there is no excuse for it.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Paedophilia isn't immoral per se since no one can really be blamed for an urge they don't choose to have, but obviously acting on that urge is immoralMannyDelgado
/thead
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Everyone is attracted to little kids at one point(when they are little) as we grow our hormones change and so does what we're attracted... So based on that pedos for some reason don't change from childhood... It's important to know that being into that jailbate 14 year old who's more "developed" that some 23 year olds doesn't make you a pedophile...
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

It's a sexual preference, just like any other. It is just wildly inappropriate in many cases.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#28 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

It's disgusting and pedophiles have no place in the world. Either lock them up for life or kill them, this is the only cure.

People that defend them are probably pedophiles themselves.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

It's disgusting and pedophiles have no place in the world. Either lock them up for life or kill them, this is the only cure.

ShadowMoses900
This post is oozing with tolerance.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

GazaAli

Child preadators don't deserve tolerance. People that tolerate them are mentally ill.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Child preadators don't deserve tolerance. People that tolerate them are mentally ill.

A pedophile does not necessarily act on their impulses/urges.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] This post is oozing with tolerance.GazaAli

They all do, they have the desire, they will act on it. They have no place in society.

Really OT is the only place where I see people defend this kind of stuff, people here need to get their head checked.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

It's an illness. The ones that harm children are sociopathic monsters.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrPraline

ShadowMoses900

Being born with certain urges does not make you a child predator. And you know this. I know you like to put all different people against a wall and shoot them, but in real life some nuance does not hurt brother. Eradicating The Different with jail cells and bullets sounds good in the mind of somebody who sees things in black and white. Myopic world view. Specsavers fanboys. But take that 1943 to 1984 sh*t elsewhere and realise that not everybody acts on these things. God.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....lonewolf604
Is this a joke post?

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrPraline
Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....lonewolf604
That's because liking 15 and 16 year olds is not pedophilia.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrPraline

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Everyone jokes about hitting on 15 and 16 year olds so I don't think its uncommon.....Aljosa23

Is this a joke post?

Probably not sadly.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GazaAli

ShadowMoses900

They all do, they have the desire, they will act on it. They have no place in society.

Really OT is the only place where I see people defend this kind of stuff, people here need to get their head checked.

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
You are the one that needs to get his head checked seriously. You want society to preemptively execute people before they commit anything.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GazaAli

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] This post is oozing with tolerance.MrPraline

Being born with certain urges does not make you a child predator. And you know this. I know you like to put all different people against a wall and shoot them, but in real life some nuance does not hurt brother. Eradicating The Different with jail cells and bullets sounds good in the mind of somebody who sees things in black and white. Myopic world view. Specsavers fanboys. But take that 1943 to 1984 sh*t elsewhere and realise that not everybody acts on these things. God.

Proof that Praline is a theist.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

If being attracted to kids is a mental illness, then so is being gay Pedophiles hurt no one unless they act on their impulses

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.kuraimen

I'd contend that religious indoctrination is potentially far more harmful to a child than consensual sex with a caring adult. Yet religious indoctrination of children is permitted in the US.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Ofcourse it's a sickness!!!!!

It's horrible!

Btw,to anyone who thinks teens are kids,you're wrong.

Technically,they are between kids & adults.

So don't include them.

The correct term for liking teens is hebephilia.

NOT the same.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GazaAli

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.Stesilaus

I'd contend that religious indoctrination is potentially far more harmful to a child than consensual sex with a caring adult. Yet religious indoctrination of children is permitted in the US.

:roll:
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]It's not an illness. "Pedophilia" is found everywhere in nature. But that doesn't mean it should be allowed since it can harm children.Stesilaus

go back to /r/atheism
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

like any other sexual paraphilia: necrophilia, zoophilia, sadism, and masochism

It's something people can't control, in that sense, like homosexuality as well, though I don't think pedophilia is a sexual orientation, more like a division of sexuality.

It's been misunderstood, and became a target of modern witch hunt, it's one of the proofs that modern society really hasn't moved on much from the middle ages.

Should it be a mental disorder? well, for the convenience of the public, I guess there are reasons keeping it a "mental disorder", but then again mental disorder is just artificial created labels for deviance, especially for socially stigmatized ones. Just being logical here, if homosexuality (once been a mental disorder) is not, why is pedophilia a mental disorder?

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

GazaAli

Proof that Praline is a theist.

Old habits die hard. :D But I do have a god. Comes in a plethora of different bottles and flavours.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] This post is oozing with tolerance.MrPraline

There isn't any evidence that people are born as pedophiles, there isn't any real evidence that says people are born with any sexual desires. Pedophiles are a danger to society, they are a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time before they act, if they haven't then they need to be checked into a mental ward where they can be treated and never let out.

Most pedophiles do not care however, their brain patters are similar to that of rapists and seriel killers. They lack empathy and compassion, no conscionce, that is why they are capable of doing the sick things they do. I often worry about people on OT, including you, so many people here defend pedphiles and incest and other sick sh!t. Do you guys even live in reality? If the average person saw the things you guys support they would think there would be something wrong with you.

People that defend pedophiles makes me wonder about them....about who they really are....

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Religious indoctrination is definitely more harmful than raping a child. Makes sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

This is quite possibly the most retarded post I have ever read on here.