Is it hard to live in California?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I live in orange county a regular track home in a middle class neighborhood will set you back half-million easily. Second all of the businesses in California are moving to Nevada. The politicians can't get their act together and they like to tax you up @$$ with fees that aren'treally taxes but they're actually taxes, there are special electronic recycling fees, high income taxes, high property taxes, and then there are theoretical taxes like getting taxed for every mile you drive etc, etc.

On the bright side we have Disneyland and the beach and the mountains are nice too. Other than there's nothing special.

x-wing20

We also have the Silicon Valley, which is one of the top enginnering and electronic flag ships in the country. We also have SEGA, UBISOFT, Google, Yahoo, Intel, Nvdia, Face Book, Apple, and very soon to have Nintendo of America and a crap load ofother huge corperationhead quarters all in the state. Jus sayin :P

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
I live about an hour and a half away from LA, and I love it. I'm dreading leaving SoCal for college in a few weeks...
geraldwillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 geraldwillkill
Member since 2005 • 1134 Posts

Depends on where you live. From what I know Orange county and LA cost alot to live but if you live more inland from the beach (around where i living) its alot cheaper

shadow13702

This, I live minutes from the beach and its really expensive. I was gonna get a place and move out with some buddies nearby but we soon learned it was too expensive unless we would choose to live in a sketchy neighborhood. For now we live with our parents and go to our universities/ colleges till we find something cheap in a decent neighborhood. My sister went to USC and ended up rooming in a sketchy neighborhood in LA, sure it was cheap but she got her laptop stolen once and after dark it was just not safe to be out in those areas alone. I also have some cousins that live more inland and housing is extremely cheaper there compared to where I live.

I love living here though, a lot of diversity which means lots of choices when it comes to women;)

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts
Like a cereal, California is full of fruits, nuts and flakes. You should probably try another state.MaxPred2010
How do people think of awesome one liners like these? :lol:
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
California is expensive, but its one of the best states in the country. You get what you pay for. :P
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

California is expensive, but its one of the best states in the country. You get what you pay for. :PTauruslink

^Damn straight.^

8)

calzeta930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 calzeta930
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts

Santa Monica huh... well its expensive to live there since the city eliminated rent control. Anywhere in Los Angeles is expensive if you want to come to So Cal to study.

calzeta930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 calzeta930
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

Depends on where you live. From what I know Orange county and LA cost alot to live but if you live more inland from the beach (around where i living) its alot cheaper

geraldwillkill

This, I live minutes from the beach and its really expensive. I was gonna get a place and move out with some buddies nearby but we soon learned it was too expensive unless we would choose to live in a sketchy neighborhood. For now we live with our parents and go to our universities/ colleges till we find something cheap in a decent neighborhood. My sister went to USC and ended up rooming in a sketchy neighborhood in LA, sure it was cheap but she got her laptop stolen once and after dark it was just not safe to be out in those areas alone. I also have some cousins that live more inland and housing is extremely cheaper there compared to where I live.

I love living here though, a lot of diversity which means lots of choices when it comes to women;)

USC is a really nice campus, but the area its in is such a ghetto crap hole
BlakcCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 BlakcCrow
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

May be a nice vacation or visit but to live there thats a hard thing to do.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

California really has gone to the dogs. I've lived here most of my life, but with the way this state is going down the drain, I just don't know if I could settle here.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I lived in California for five years. I loved the central coast (Monterey to Santa Barbara). I was single then. It wasn't too bad. Prices seemed about on par with other parts of the US although I'm certain it's much more expensive in the metropolitan areas.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Yes it is. It's EXTREMELY expensive to live here, the state is bankrupt and the job market and economy suck here.

Pirate700
This. I live in Los Angeles. It's congested.. no jobs... I had to end up getting a job in another city nearby lol. But I have a job! I'm grateful for that and I drive 30 mins to work. Too much smog and pollution. Everything is expensive of course. If you have the money, it's such a wonderful place. From Los Angeles, you can hit the beach in like 20 mins on the freeway.. or you can go wine and dine in Hollywood or Beverly HIlls. The Razzle Dazzle stuff is nice if you're banking it. This place can really drive your ego though. And it can make you feel really pathetic. Majority of the people are very competitive and downright aggressive and mean. This isn't Atlanta, Georgia where people will let you cut in front of them in traffic. I could go on about the pros and cons. But make sure you hold down a great job and career. You'll need it because there are expectations here. I dont know. I have my stereotypes for Los Angeles. It's so diverse here and so much going on. Overall, it's great, but I always wish I had more money haha. It would change everything. Or, I could just be simple and go live in Boston or something.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I lived in California for five years. I loved the central coast (Monterey to Santa Barbara). I was single then. It wasn't too bad. Prices seemed about on par with other parts of the US although I'm certain it's much more expensive in the metropolitan areas.

jun_aka_pekto
Oh goodness. Santa Barbara is so beautiful. My dream location to live. One can dream..
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 QuistisTrepe_

This. I live in Los Angeles. It's congested..Elann2008

Well there you go. Living in L.A. can suck the life out of anyone. I lived there for six months, never going back.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58311 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Elann2008

Oh goodness. Santa Barbara is so beautiful. My dream location to live. One can dream..

you should scope out an hour or so north in San Luis Obispo.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

mrbojangles25

SLO is awesome. I had always wanted an excuse to live out in that area. Or Pismo Beach.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58311 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Oh goodness. Santa Barbara is so beautiful. My dream location to live. One can dream..QuistisTrepe_

SLO is awesome. I had always wanted an excuse to live out in that area. Or Pismo Beach.

go to school there? that was my excuse. And I ended up staying haha.

As for the topic, California is tough to live in but can definately be overcome. In my opinion, many parts (specifically SLO, and college towns for that matter) are nice enough that you can just barely skate by and still be happy. In what other state can you wake up in the morning, go surfing on awesome waves, go skiing that very afternoon, and finally end up back in the world's best wine areas for booze and dinner?

Just stay out of SoCal lol. I cannot say that enough; while SoCal might have a lot to offer as far as material worth goes, it just is not worth it.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

go to school there? that was my excuse. And I ended up staying haha.

As for the topic, California is tough to live in but can definately be overcome. In my opinion, many parts (specifically SLO, and college towns for that matter) are nice enough that you can just barely skate by and still be happy. In what other state can you wake up in the morning, go surfing on awesome waves, go skiing that very afternoon, and finally end up back in the world's best wine areas for booze and dinner?

Just stay out of SoCal lol. I cannot say that enough; while SoCal might have a lot to offer as far as material worth goes, it just is not worth it.

Actually, I left CA for school. I agree on SoCal, I wouldn't live south of Ventura these days.