I dont like How people say merry christmas to me I dont celebrate it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KingOfAsia
Member since 2010 • 1587 Posts

I think its kinda rude.. I live in canada we should start to say happy holidays not merry christmas I dont celebrate this holiday so why say it to me.. kinda akward..and ignorant to..

I think they shouldnt celebrate it in schools etc work place and stuff...

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
In America, people are saying Happy Holidays and people want to let other people tell them Merry Christmas.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I think its kinda rude.. I live in canada we should start to say happy holidays not merry christmas I dont celebrate this holiday so why say it to me.. kinda akward..and ignorant to..

KingOfAsia
If you actually believe what you wrote and are not trolling, you're an idiot
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

Merry Christmas :)

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I say Merry Christmas to both my Christian and non-Christian friends. and i'm not even freakin' Christian. I don't even celebrate it - unless invited by friends or family (my American side is Lutheran).

Not gonna get my panties in a wad over whether they use the term or not.

It's December 21st, 4 more days it's christmas time. it's freakin' Christmas your talking about, not some generic holiday name. and Christmas can be all about Jesus Christ, the winter solstice or simply a day for family gathering, or even just a different version of Black Friday (as it's seems in some countries). Totally depends on the person and family.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still called CHRISTMAS

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

PUBLIC holiday is public, and haters's gonna hate.

Merry christmas everypony!

Orayus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7 Orayus
Member since 2002 • 565 Posts

KingOfAsia

Bah Humbug!

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Here's what I think, OP. Be grateful people even take the time to give you well-wishes. Because with an attitude like that, a "go **** yourself, grinch" is more appropriate. Really and seriously, how the hell are people supposed to know what you celebrate? What's ignorant is for you to assume that you can and/or should be able to force people to bend to fit what you want. They're not forcing you to celebrate Christmas. I say happy holidays on occasion, but unless I know somebody is Jewish or celebrates a holiday other than Christmas, I'm going to basically just say merry christmas, because that's what I celebrate and I hope that they enjoy their holiday as much as I enjoy mine. You don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. It's more or less a pagan/commercial holiday now as it is, so really what is the problem? Also, Merry Christmas. Grinch.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

A lot of places in the US have already converted to saying Happy Holidays because of some non-Christians who said they were offended by the word Christmas. Guess you can come down here if you don't like it up there.

Sometimes you should forget about what is said and appreciate the thought behind it. It's kind of like when somebody says "Bless you" when you sneeze. Even if you're Atheist you can probably appreciate the thought even if you don't agree with the concept.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

KingOfAsia

Agreed. Say happy Satan Worshiping day to them. Then explain them the error and folly of their ways. Most of these Christ- Types need examples to show them the error.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
How are they supposed to know you don't celebrate Christmas?
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
How are you offended by people being nice? edit~ Oh, it's KOA. Cool story, bro.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

KingOfAsia
Didn't you make a thread where you tattled to your campus security because somebody called you an alien?
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Banjo_Kongfooie

Here's what I think, OP. Be grateful people even take the time to give you well-wishes. Because with an attitude like that, a "go **** yourself, grinch" is more appropriate. Really and seriously, how the hell are people supposed to know what you celebrate? What's ignorant is for you to assume that you can and/or should be able to force people to bend to fit what you want. They're not forcing you to celebrate Christmas. I say happy holidays on occasion, but unless I know somebody is Jewish or celebrates a holiday other than Christmas, I'm going to basically just say merry christmas, because that's what I celebrate and I hope that they enjoy their holiday as much as I enjoy mine. You don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. It's more or less a pagan/commercial holiday now as it is, so really what is the problem? Also, Merry Christmas. Grinch.XilePrincess

Noone likes name calling. You say merry christmas you assert your celebration of a very superficial time. Do you know suicides are common this time of year.

If I walked up and said happy suicide season I would offend people. Not many people like thinking about that. Most people who are not Christian do not want christian beliefs hurled at them either.

Happy holidays is the most appropriate term and saying Merry Christmas is innapropriate.

Happy Holidays and Gingrinch is the grinch this year. TC is a reasonable citizen who has issues with religous fundies or those who love the superficial notion to throw Christmas at him constantly.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Banjo_Kongfooie
Also you seem to like Growlithe... Saying merry christmas to someone who does not celebrate it would be like me making a game in which you could dismember the puppy like pokemon and torture it in various ways. It is provacotive in nature and imo mean spirited.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scorch-62
[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]Noone likes name calling. You say merry christmas you assert your celebration of a very superficial time. Do you know suicides are common this time of year. If I walked up and said happy suicide season I would offend people. Not many people like thinking about that. Most people who are not Christian do not want christian beliefs hurled at them either. Happy holidays is the most appropriate term and saying Merry Christmas is innapropriate. Happy Holidays and Gingrinch is the grinch this year. TC is a reasonable citizen who has issues with religous fundies or those who love the superficial notion to throw Christmas at him constantly.

Do you actually believe everything you type? Or do you know it's bullshіt?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

Noone likes name calling. You say merry christmas you assert your celebration of a very superficial time. Do you know suicides are common this time of year.

If I walked up and said happy suicide season I would offend people. Not many people like thinking about that. Most people who are not Christian do not want christian beliefs hurled at them either.

Happy holidays is the most appropriate term and saying Merry Christmas is innapropriate.

Happy Holidays and Gingrinch is the grinch this year. TC is a reasonable citizen who has issues with religous fundies or those who love the superficial notion to throw Christmas at him constantly.

magicalclick

I think you guys just too serious about Xmas being Christian. I actually didn't even know Xmas has anything to do with Jesus until I moved to USA. Xmas is supposed to be about Santa Clause.

I don't know who's worse D: It's like a mule talking to a brick wall
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 scorch-62
Also you seem to like Growlithe... Saying merry christmas to someone who does not celebrate it would be like me making a game in which you could dismember the puppy like pokemon and torture it in various ways. It is provacotive in nature and imo mean spirited.Banjo_Kongfooie
What the fuсk have you been smoking?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chaoscougar1
Also you seem to like Growlithe... Saying merry christmas to someone who does not celebrate it would be like me making a game in which you could dismember the puppy like pokemon and torture it in various ways. It is provacotive in nature and imo mean spirited.Banjo_Kongfooie
:lol: Battler
siriusbusiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 siriusbusiness
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts

if you get offended by someone telling you to have a happy pagan holiday that should not even relate to religion, then wow.

KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KingOfAsia

How are they supposed to know you don't celebrate Christmas?xdude85

im jewish you idiott.....

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

damn dude, does it really matter?

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
lol...somebody should bring out the old pics from the last King of Asia. We gonna troll your ass.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]Noone likes name calling. You say merry christmas you assert your celebration of a very superficial time. Do you know suicides are common this time of year. If I walked up and said happy suicide season I would offend people. Not many people like thinking about that. Most people who are not Christian do not want christian beliefs hurled at them either. Happy holidays is the most appropriate term and saying Merry Christmas is innapropriate. Happy Holidays and Gingrinch is the grinch this year. TC is a reasonable citizen who has issues with religous fundies or those who love the superficial notion to throw Christmas at him constantly.scorch-62

Well lets see.

The Bible advocates sexual slavery

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. " (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

God will punish those who do not listen to him and let babies be consumed... Note the sexism as well.

If you refuse to listen to the LORD your God and to obey the commands and laws he has given you, all these curses will pursue and overtake you until you are destroyed. These horrors will serve as a sign and warning among you and your descendants forever. Because you have not served the LORD your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, you will serve your enemies whom the LORD will send against you. You will be left hungry, thirsty, naked, and lacking in everything. They will oppress you harshly until you are destroyed. "The LORD will bring a distant nation against you from the end of the earth, and it will swoop down on you like an eagle. It is a nation whose language you do not understand, a fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for the old and no pity for the young. Its armies will devour your livestock and crops, and you will starve to death. They will leave you no grain, new wine, olive oil, calves, or lambs, bringing about your destruction. They will lay siege to your cities until all the fortified walls in your land – the walls you trusted to protect you – are knocked down. They will attack all the towns in the land the LORD your God has given you. The siege will be so severe that you will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters, whom the LORD your God has given you. The most tenderhearted man among you will have no compassion for his own brother, his beloved wife, and his surviving children. He will refuse to give them a share of the flesh he is devouring – the flesh of one of his own children – because he has nothing else to eat during the siege that your enemy will inflict on all your towns. The most tender and delicate woman among you – so delicate she would not so much as touch her feet to the ground – will be cruel to the husband she loves and to her own son or daughter. She will hide from them the afterbirth and the new baby she has borne, so that she herself can secretly eat them. She will have nothing else to eat during the siege and terrible distress that your enemy will inflict on all your towns. (Deuteronomy 28:45-57 NLT)

Child abuse, Slavery, hatred of homosexuals. Plenty of reasons for athiests to hate being wished a merry christmas.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="xdude85"]How are they supposed to know you don't celebrate Christmas?KingOfAsia

well then... Happy Chanukkah

Shalom!

siriusbusiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 siriusbusiness

[QUOTE="xdude85"]How are they supposed to know you don't celebrate Christmas?KingOfAsia

because we all know that jews have features that stand out and are stereotyped on a daily basis...

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I don't like it either, you're implying I'm Christian and I'm not, though I never say anything because I don't care enough to inform them.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaudiFury

Banjo_Kongfooie

It couldn't be OT Christmas thread without turning into a bash-fest.

siriusbusiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 siriusbusiness

[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]Noone likes name calling. You say merry christmas you assert your celebration of a very superficial time. Do you know suicides are common this time of year. If I walked up and said happy suicide season I would offend people. Not many people like thinking about that. Most people who are not Christian do not want christian beliefs hurled at them either. Happy holidays is the most appropriate term and saying Merry Christmas is innapropriate. Happy Holidays and Gingrinch is the grinch this year. TC is a reasonable citizen who has issues with religous fundies or those who love the superficial notion to throw Christmas at him constantly.Banjo_Kongfooie

Well lets see.

The Bible advocates sexual slavery

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. " (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

God will punish those who do not listen to him and let babies be consumed... Note the sexism as well.

If you refuse to listen to the LORD your God and to obey the commands and laws he has given you, all these curses will pursue and overtake you until you are destroyed. These horrors will serve as a sign and warning among you and your descendants forever. Because you have not served the LORD your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, you will serve your enemies whom the LORD will send against you. You will be left hungry, thirsty, naked, and lacking in everything. They will oppress you harshly until you are destroyed. "The LORD will bring a distant nation against you from the end of the earth, and it will swoop down on you like an eagle. It is a nation whose language you do not understand, a fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for the old and no pity for the young. Its armies will devour your livestock and crops, and you will starve to death. They will leave you no grain, new wine, olive oil, calves, or lambs, bringing about your destruction. They will lay siege to your cities until all the fortified walls in your land – the walls you trusted to protect you – are knocked down. They will attack all the towns in the land the LORD your God has given you. The siege will be so severe that you will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters, whom the LORD your God has given you. The most tenderhearted man among you will have no compassion for his own brother, his beloved wife, and his surviving children. He will refuse to give them a share of the flesh he is devouring – the flesh of one of his own children – because he has nothing else to eat during the siege that your enemy will inflict on all your towns. The most tender and delicate woman among you – so delicate she would not so much as touch her feet to the ground – will be cruel to the husband she loves and to her own son or daughter. She will hide from them the afterbirth and the new baby she has borne, so that she herself can secretly eat them. She will have nothing else to eat during the siege and terrible distress that your enemy will inflict on all your towns. (Deuteronomy 28:45-57 NLT)

Child abuse, Slavery, hatred of homosexuals. Plenty of reasons for athiests to hate being wished a merry christmas.

why do you let christmas relate to religion? It is about the holiday spirit. I am an agnostic athiest and I LOVE christmas. The lights on peoples houses, the christmas trees, the food, and the brand new toys.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Banjo_Kongfooie

It couldn't be OT Christmas thread without turning into a bash-fest.

SaudiFury

Hahaha

Funny how you delete dirrect quotations from the Bible...

Accuse me of doing a "bash-fest" while pulling this **** posts before mine.

[QUOTE="KingOfAsia"]

SaudiFury

Shalom!

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="KingOfAsia"]

[QUOTE="xdude85"]How are they supposed to know you don't celebrate Christmas?siriusbusiness

because we all know that jews have features that stand out and are stereotyped on a daily basis...

Well, if they're wearing a yarmulke, or a hijab/Taqiyah you gotta be pretty fawkin' stupid to not know they're not Christian.
KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KingOfAsia

damn dude, does it really matter?

nZiFFLe

yes it needs to be taken away from schools work places and in the public.. no christmas decorations anywhere....its offending

Merry christmas needs to be converted to happy holidays no more merry christmas...

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
Why should it even be called a holiday? That's just slang for Holy Day. Who cares dude, people mean good when they say it don't get pissy because you don't believe in it.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]Hahaha

Funny how you delete dirrect quotations from the Bible...

Accuse me of doing a "bash-fest" while pulling this **** posts before mine.

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

[QUOTE="KingOfAsia"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

Shalom!

I didn't delete it. i'm simply not going to quote that mountain of text, copy and pasted from somewhere AGAIN.

I quoted you to direct my comment to you.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
That's not a good enough reason.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

How could we be so ignorant? OF COURSE every single Jewish person in the world (or anyone with Jewish heritage) dosen't celebrate christmas.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Banjo_Kongfooie

why do you let christmas relate to religion? It is about the holiday spirit. I am an agnostic athiest and I LOVE christmas. The lights on peoples houses, the christmas trees, the food, and the brand new toys.

siriusbusiness

Christmas has never been a secular holiday and never will be. There are secular aspects too it but bringing up Christmas in general correlates to the Christian religion.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 scorch-62
Plenty of reasons for athiests to hate being wished a merry christmas.Banjo_Kongfooie
I'm an atheist. I'm a homosexual. You know what I think of when someone tells me to have a merry Christmas? I think of a jolly, old, fat guy wearing a red suit riding a sleigh being pulled by flying reindeer. Never -- not once -- does slavery or stoning or other stupid religious bullshіt cross my mind, especially when you take into consideration that Christmas is largely based on pagan traditions to celebrate the winter solstice. Please just fuсk off. You're an embarrassment to humanity.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Here's what I think, OP. Be grateful people even take the time to give you well-wishes. Because with an attitude like that, a "go **** yourself, grinch" is more appropriate. Really and seriously, how the hell are people supposed to know what you celebrate? What's ignorant is for you to assume that you can and/or should be able to force people to bend to fit what you want. They're not forcing you to celebrate Christmas. I say happy holidays on occasion, but unless I know somebody is Jewish or celebrates a holiday other than Christmas, I'm going to basically just say merry christmas, because that's what I celebrate and I hope that they enjoy their holiday as much as I enjoy mine. You don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. It's more or less a pagan/commercial holiday now as it is, so really what is the problem? Also, Merry Christmas. Grinch.Banjo_Kongfooie

Were you dropped frequently as an infant?

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Banjo_Kongfooie

I didn't delete it. i'm simply not going to quote that mountain of text, copy and pasted from somewhere AGAIN.

I quoted you to direct my comment to you.

SaudiFury

Somewhere else???? You mean the Bible. Those are dirrect quotations from the Bible.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Banjo_Kongfooie

Looooool. I am agnostic. I do not participate in organized religion. Please point out where I am hurling Christian beliefs at anybody, especially when I just said Christmas is mostly Pagan and commercial now, and that I am agnostic. I really wonder how I can be a 'religious fundie' if I'm not religious at all. There is very little "Christ" in Christmas anymore, anyway, so using religion as a defense is pretty stupid.

I enjoy gift-giving, good food and spending time with people I care about and I guess that's super horrible to wish that somebody else can share in the goodwill and togetherness this season often brings.

People also kill themselves the rest of the year too. I've been manic depressive since I was 8 and tried to kill myself many times. But I don't want to kill myself every time somebody says "Merry Christmas" to me.

As I said before, if people get offended by my well-wishes and don't like them, they can go **** themselves for being uptight asshats. Just enjoy that somebody said something nice and positive to you, don't turn it into a goddamn battle.

How about instead of nitpicking like morons, people just come together as one and be a bit more gracious to each other in the holiday season, regardless of what holiday they celebrate, or whether they're religious or not? Also, as everyone else said, what HAVE you been smoking, do you really believe the BS you're spouting? You should become a religious preacher if you do, you're built for it.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
I will always say 'Merry Christmas'. That's the name of the public holiday, that the name of the day that 90% of people celebrate. I'm not offended by people saying 'Happy Holidays' or any other variation, but if you are offended by me saying Christmas, you are the one who is ignorant
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

KingOfAsia
Get the fuk over it.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#48 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Wear a sign or leave the country. It's how things work in certain cultures.
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

So should the world revolve around u op.

KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KingOfAsia

So should the world revolve around u op.

sinpkr

yes..