Homersexual (spelt wrong for cencorship reasons) Pride

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

My brother in laws brother is gay as can be and I have seen him with his buddy actually do gay stuff just to mess with people and you can't tell me people in a gay parade don't think like that. I am not saying all do but it is there no matter how you want to twist it.

foxhound_fox

How is messing with people rubbing it in their faces? Tons of people do things to mess with other people, regardless of their sexual orientation.

I would say tounging your boyfriend when people are going eeewww messing with people when they said watch this.

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="xxxAdvocatexxx"]

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] No... what's that?jimmyjammer69

Gay Pride is all about putting sexuality out in the public so people can see it and saying "hey we aren't going anywhere so get use to us".

But most of us are used to it, we don't need it rammed down our throats.

this it just gives a negitive view of the people at hand

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 corwinn01

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

My brother in laws brother is gay as can be and I have seen him with his buddy actually do gay stuff just to mess with people and you can't tell me people in a gay parade don't think like that. I am not saying all do but it is there no matter how you want to twist it.

mrbojangles25

How is messing with people rubbing it in their faces? Tons of people do things to mess with other people, regardless of their sexual orientation.

because when a straight bullies people, its normal

but when a gay person bullies people, its sick, twisted, and abnormal.

*sarcasm intended

I don't like any kind of bullies.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I would say tounging your boyfriend when people are going eeewww messing with people when they said watch this.

corwinn01

Heterosexual couples do that all the time. :|

Especially around single people.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

mrbojangles25

because when a straight bullies people, its normal

but when a gay person bullies people, its sick, twisted, and abnormal.

*sarcasm intended

Its not even bullying to begin with.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

corwinn01

how is that any worse than a boy and girl making out in public?

tbh I find PDAs a little rude in general, doesnt matter what the orientation is.

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 corwinn01

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

foxhound_fox

Not just to cause a stir the don't.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Teenaged

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

corwinn01

Uh yes they do. :|

SevenSlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#159 SevenSlain
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts

...This is ridiculous. It seems all us straight people are feeling left out from having our own pride parades! boohoo.

I mean, how jealous/greedy can society get? do you REALLY want to be in a position where a parade is necessary to make you feel more accepted? I feel bad for people who need huge events ..usually its cancer or some awful thing.

Either way, like someone mentioned a couple pages back, the Gay Pride Parades are a bit extravagant and counter-intuitive. They sorta make the gay people stand out like a sore thumb, and become DEFINED by their sexual orientation, which ultimately defeats the purpose of being viewed equally in society. There are better, more effective ways than parades.

In fact, this topic is silly in a sense. Didn't the OP originally ask "How come gay ppl get parades and we dont??" .. aww, no fair. :(

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
It'd be somewhat redundant I think.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#162 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

corwinn01

Yes... yes they do. :?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Yeah I find it weird, and yes I would love to see a straight pride parade, but we all can't get what we want eh?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#164 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
The reason why they feel they have to have a march is because they're always being looked down upon and persecuted again. Heterosexuals are considered the norm by society, therefore, there really isn't a reason for them to have a pride march.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Teenaged

The reason why they feel they have to have a march is because they're always being looked down upon and persecuted again. Heterosexuals are considered the norm by society, therefore, there really isn't a reason for them to have a pride march.JustPlainLucas
Seriously now this should be so obvious and yet I see people coming here seriously asking why there isnt a pride parade for heterosexuals and to top that they are talking about double standards. :roll:

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 corwinn01

It's a good thing that you set them straight.:roll:

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 supa_badman

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]But it is not directed to you or who anyone else who is perfectly fine with homosexuality but the rest.

Teenaged

But it still is rammed down someones throat. No pun intended.

Really? Is it?

Can you define this expression?

Let me do it for you.

In short its when you impose a certain idea to someone with any kind of violence or means forcefull in nature.

Now tell me it fits the definition.

Saying that you think marriage should be between man and woman will get a loud 'homophobe' in your face and tell you that your mind is simple and stuck in the past where prejudice reigned supreme. It's happened to me, and it's happened to others. I understand that they faced tons of humiliation, and I'm glad that they have broke out of that and have been more accepted, but sexual orientation is far more touchy than, say, racism imo and telling me that I'm simple and making a pride parade because of what I believe is pushing far past the boundary of 'necessary'.
marluxia101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 marluxia101
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts

there cool but mostly there VERY over the top and stereotypic i wanna go to one when im of age:oops:

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Teenaged

corwinn01

Its a good thing you have proven your points with arguments. :roll:

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
Sure, but there's no need for it.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

But it still is rammed down someones throat. No pun intended.

supa_badman

Really? Is it?

Let me do it for you.

In short its when you impose a certain idea to someone with any kind of violence or means forcefull in nature.

Saying that you think marriage should be between man and woman will get a loud 'homophobe' in your face and tell you that your mind is simple and stuck in the past where prejudice reigned supreme. It's happened to me, and it's happened to others. I understand that they faced tons of humiliation, and I'm glad that they have broke out of that and have been more accepted, but sexual orientation is far more touchy than, say, racism imo and telling me that I'm simple and making a pride parade because of what I believe is pushing far past the boundary of 'necessary'.

I dont understand your point.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]Really? Is it?

Let me do it for you.

Teenaged

Pride parade is taking it a little too far, and it is kinda forceful for those who are happy for the gays but have a consverative view of marriage.

They have all the right to do it, but there is such a thing as 'overstepping the boundary', even for minorities.

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 corwinn01

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

Teenaged

Since you have been doing such a fine job trying to shoot down everyones opinion that doesn't agree with what you state I just wanted to throw some stuff out there.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] Saying that you think marriage should be between man and woman will get a loud 'homophobe' in your face and tell you that your mind is simple and stuck in the past where prejudice reigned supreme. It's happened to me, and it's happened to others. I understand that they faced tons of humiliation, and I'm glad that they have broke out of that and have been more accepted, but sexual orientation is far more touchy than, say, racism imo and telling me that I'm simple and making a pride parade because of what I believe is pushing far past the boundary of 'necessary'.supa_badman

Pride parade is taking it a little too far

How come?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

corwinn01

Since you have been doing such a fine job trying to shoot down everyones opinion that doesn't agree with what you state I just wanted to throw some stuff out there.

I am not shooting down people's opinion. I am trying to answer to them if I consider them wrong. And I try to do so by elaborating, making arguments, giving examples and so on.

Throw what stuff?

Sarcasm because I find it absurd that people cant see the obvious or rather ingoring it? If I am wrong, prove me wrong.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

corwinn01

You know, debating would be really, really boring if you just agreed to disagree with everyone who shares a different opinion. Just saying.

Kingotoyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Kingotoyx
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
I happen to be very proud of my heterosexuality.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont understand your point.

Teenaged

Pride parade is taking it a little too far

How come?

I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]It's only fair after all the prejudice they've facedWolls
this also do you really care anyway?

Seriously. Its not like you have to attend said parade. The only thing I could see you complaining about is if it closes down some major street you use regularly.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] Pride parade is taking it a little too far

supa_badman

How come?

I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.

Its different when you generally dont like parades or this form of "protest".

If you have no logical reason to disagree (not just vocally but in actions) then I dont see how your disagreement would be welcome.

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 corwinn01

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]Its a good thing you have proven your points with arguments. :roll:

Teenaged

I am not shooting down people's opinion. I am trying to answer to them if I consider them wrong. And I try to do so by elaborating, making arguments, giving examples and so on.

Throw what stuff?

Sarcasm because I find it absurd that people cant see the obvious or rather ingoring it? If I am wrong, prove me wrong.

Well so far you don't think gays go for the shock factor in public. You don't think heteros should have parades. You even complained about the TCs poll. There were more but I don't feel like argueing. I will give you that one comment was sarcastic but no worse than some of your answers to people. I think you kinda have a chip on your shoulder. Asfor provingyou wrong as many ways as I could spin it you could spin just as far the other way so there really isn't any use.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Dark_Knight6

I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.supa_badman

I had to pretend that I was straight up until last June so forgive me for being unsympathetic for that fact that you have to pretend to be for something that doesn't effect you in any way, shape, or form.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="corwinn01"]

corwinn01

Throw what stuff?

Well so far you don't think gays go for the shock factor in public. You don't think heteros should have parades. You even complained about the TCs poll. There were more but I don't feel like argueing. I will give you that one comment was sarcastic but no worse than some of your answers to people. I think you kinda have a chip on your shoulder. Asfor provingyou wrong as many ways as I could spin it you could spin just as far the other way so there really isn't any use.

It all looks pretty awful when you blend them in a short post, doesnt it?

You are wrong in every bit that you said.

I didnt say that gay parades are not to provoke, and I didnt say that heterosexuals are prohibited to have a parade. Thanks for twisting my words.

Also what you like to call "spinning", is actually called having arguments and cohesive thoughts on the matter.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#184 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i would be against seeing it as you are making it sound as if it was a competition.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]How come?

Teenaged

If you have no logical reason to disagree (not just vocally but in actions) then I dont see how your disagreement would be welcome.

You're right, I have no reason to disagree with what they do, no one does. However, it is being forced on me, hence the reason why I quoted you.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.Dark_Knight6

I had to pretend that I was straight up until last June so forgive me for being unsympathetic for that fact that you have to pretend to be for something that doesn't effect you in any way, shape, or form.

Great, we both had some experiences we didn't like, (because it's empathy, not sympathy) but as for not affecting me in anyway shape or form, you should probably read the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th last word in my post.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.supa_badman

You're right, I have no reason to disagree with what they do, no one does. However, it is being forced on me, hence the reason why I quoted you.

What is forced?

What is the gay pride parade forcing on you?

Its not even a means of force or violence. They just pass by your street.

I think that you think that since conditions for gays have been improved a lot over the last years they shouldnt continue to have parades.

The thing is that maybe thats what you see around you. No matter how corny it sounds, a homosexual parade is done in the collective sense. Not only for the gays of your area, but for wherever there is discrimination against them. In Greece, we just had a proposal for gay civil unions being allowed and I am not sure if even that passed.

Things are not as good as they sound especially when you see many people not only discriminating against them but also hating and despising.

I made a comment earlir of what I have noticed of the people around me and I got the answer that just because it happens around me it doesnt mean its happening everywhere. Do we have to reach a point where its happening everywhere in order to protest?

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Dark_Knight6

Great, we both had some experiences we didn't like, (because it's empathy, not sympathy) but as for not affecting me in anyway shape or form, you should probably read the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th last word in my post.supa_badman

I read your entire post. Again, forgive me for not caring.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]Its different when you generally dont like parades or this form of "protest".

Teenaged

What is forced?

What is the gay pride parade forcing on you?

Its not even a means of force or violence. They just pass by your street.

I think that you think that since conditions for gays have been improved a lot over the last years they shouldnt continue to have parades.

The thing is that maybe thats what you see around you. No matter how corny it sounds, a homosexual parade is done in the collective sense. Not only for the gays of your area, but for wherever there is discrimination against them. In Greece, we just had a proposal for gay civil unions being allowed and I am not sure if even that passed.

Things are not as good as they sound especially when you see many people not only discriminating against them but also hating and despising.

I made a comment earlir of what I have noticed of the people around me and I got the answer that just because it happens around me it doesnt mean its happening everywhere. Do we have to reach a point where its happening everywhere in order to protest?

lol I guess I brain-farted on saying the pride parade is the reason why I felt it's forced on me What I meant to say was, is that I have to sympathize with gays or else I get yelled at or criticized because I have a conservative view on marriage. It wouldn't a be a surprise to me if people like me have gone through the same thing It's not that I hate gays or dislike them in anyway, no, but marriage between a man and a woman is my view and sticking by that will get you called blind and simple, by gays and straight people who feel the same as the gays about marriage. And sorry I can't respond to any of your posts anymore because I have to go to a party >_>. Sorry dude lol
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]I edited my post But like I said before, saying that your against it, is asking to get called a homophobe, and it isn't fair that even though you're happy for them, you're looked down upon. I don't attend or participate in Pride parades but the fact that I have PRETEND to agree with their views to avoid getting criticized, is a line that the gays have past.supa_badman

Great, we both had some experiences we didn't like, (because it's empathy, not sympathy) but as for not affecting me in anyway shape or form, you should probably read the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th last word in my post.

You mean being called a homophobe?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]Great, we both had some experiences we didn't like, (because it's empathy, not sympathy) but as for not affecting me in anyway shape or form, you should probably read the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th last word in my post.Dark_Knight6

Well, fantastic for you then :?
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 supa_badman

[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Teenaged

You mean being called a homophobe?

yep
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Teenaged

lol I guess I brain-farted on saying the pride parade is the reason why I felt it's forced on me What I meant to say was, is that I have to sympathize with gays or else I get yelled at or criticized because I have a conservative view on marriage. It wouldn't a be a surprise to me if people like me have gone through the same thing It's not that I hate gays or dislike them in anyway, no, but marriage between a man and a woman is my view and sticking by that will get you called blind and simple, by gays and straight people who feel the same as the gays about marriage. And sorry I can't respond to any of your posts anymore because I have to go to a party >_>. Sorry dude lolsupa_badman
Its ok, but I'll respond to yours. :P

No matter how individual morals should be respected, homosexual people cant just allow such morals to define their lives just so that they are respectful to those morals, when firstly those morals while imposed on them, regulate their lives.

Trust me no one will call you homophobic if you just have your morals but dont expect them to be passed into laws. ;)

Nobody wants you to change your feelings, but at least not being disrespectful. Even a person that is completely against homosexuality can respectfully disagree with them and trust me he/she wont be called homophobic if he/she is really respectful.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I live in The Netherlands and here homosexuality is not a taboo at all (we nearly got a homosexual president a couple of years ago). There are still prides though, but they're more of a flamboyant party for everyone. There are hundreds of thousands heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals etc. having a good time together, I don't see the problem.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]Great, we both had some experiences we didn't like, (because it's empathy, not sympathy) but as for not affecting me in anyway shape or form, you should probably read the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th last word in my post.supa_badman

Well, fantastic for you then :?

You're comparing being called a homophobe to the discrimination a homosexual faces being out of the closet. I'm sorry but they're not even in the same league.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#196 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

I live in The Netherlands and here homosexuality is not a taboo at all (we nearly got a homosexual president a couple of years ago). There are still prides though, but they're more of a flamboyant party for everyone. There are hundreds of thousands heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals etc. having a good time together, I don't see the problem.

TheFlush

exactly. Lets just all relax and have fun.

I dont care if you do not approve of homosexuality, just dont judge people by it.

I mean, I hate baseball, cant understand why anyone would enjoy it, but I dont hate people that like it.

Likewise, having a homosexual relationship has zero appeal to me. But if someone wants to have one, fine, and I'll be damned if I am going to let superstitious notions such as "holy marriage" and homophobe paranoia stop people from living their lives freely.

The thing that really pisses me off, however, is that this is happening in my country, the USA; we boast about our freedom, our ability to express ourselves, yet we cannot let people enjoy a harmless liberty. In my opinion, anyone that takes action against homosexuals (or other minorities, for that matter) is being unAmerican, and is a disgrace as a citizen.

Think what you want. Just dont force your thoughts or principles on others.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Heterosexual parades or gatherings to celebrate "pride" would be useless. Homosexuals are a minority, therefor it's harder for gays to come across one another. Events such as that are great ways for them to do so, along with having pride and celebrating it since the majority is against it. I don't see why anyone would be proud of being a heterosexual. I've never heard of anyone being against heterosexuality, so really there's nothing to be proud of. My opinion anyways...