Homersexual (spelt wrong for cencorship reasons) Pride

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
People have the right to be proud of whatever they want to be proud of. You want a march to celebrate a collective pride, so be it.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="STurn21"]

You need to work on your basic English skills ...... arguement.

Could not resist, sorry.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Being from Northern Ireland, how do you feel about the Orange walks or "parades" where protestants march through the streets of NI, straight through historically Catholic areas? michaelP4
I'm honestly not sure what to think of those. I would be culturally a Protestant, and I have never seen the point of Orange Men Parades. I think as long as they are done for the right reasons, one being is to have a good time (as most people seem to think of them that way), I don't see a problem with them. I do know however, that some people do participate in them to cause trouble, which I disagree with, but the majority of people who take part in them really just want to have a good time. Gay Pride parades however, do still have a meaning and something to celebrate though. Orange Men Parades have been in decline in participants, and I personally think they have little meaning, other than just a way of people in Northern Ireland to have a good time.

I didn't realise they're losing popularity so much - that's a good thing AFAIC. To me they're both unnecessary forms of incitement, which cause more polarisation of opinion than peace. I don't think that people should feel that they're having a sexual-type which has so long been held in contention shoved in their faces. I totally agree with most posters in this thread that acceptance is crucial but these events just seems like divisive gloating.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Oh and the poll options are stupid.

I would put one that says:

Heterosexuals are allowed to have a pride but there would be no actual cause behind it and that renders it redundant.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]Read all of my posts here. >_____>

Teenaged

OK. So the homos are suppressed, mocked, and shunned by the society in which they live. In order to rebel, they host parades to prove that it's nothing to be ashamed of, and to flaunt it and taunt their cruel torturers. It is also used to help closet gays in coming out.

They may have been wrongfully persecuted, and the parade signifies that they are not going to tolerate such treatment. But it's still just a celebration based on their sexual preference, a preference that oddly enough people still fear.

Well the fact that you find such reaction weird does not make it wrong.

The reaction is similar to this: your girlfriend dumps you, and you (after a lot of struggle to deal with it) try to get over it and for many reasons you want to sing a song called "I am through with you baby". Can you see the analogy?

You singing this song helps you move on and also (if you call her to say it in her face) you make sure your girlfriend gets the message and she will stop thinking as if you were in the wrong.

Thats the closest analogy I could find. :/

By wrongfully persecuted I meant that gays were being harassed for no good reason.

I think I understand what you are trying "say." That the parade just is a catalyst for them to freely express themselves. That their preference is not something "wrong" but natural, and that majority of heteros view them as something broken and not for the human beings that they are.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By STurn21
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AirGuitarist87

[QUOTE="shoemen22"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]So homosexuals shouldnt be accepted?

STurn21

thats reading to much into it isnt it. you went on the idea that you were right and anyone eles that said anything diffrent were wrong it was people alittle like you which could have been said to have caused the whole repression of the homosexual public... see i can twist things to

You need to work on your basic English skills before trying to get into an arguement.

English isn't Teenaged first language. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't have known that if he didn't explicitly state that.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Being from Northern Ireland, how do you feel about the Orange walks or "parades" where protestants march through the streets of NI, straight through historically Catholic areas? michaelP4
I'm honestly not sure what to think of those. I would be culturally a Protestant, and I have never seen the point of Orange Men Parades. I think as long as they are done for the right reasons, one being is to have a good time (as most people seem to think of them that way), I don't see a problem with them. I do know however, that some people do participate in them to cause trouble, which I disagree with, but the majority of people who take part in them really just want to have a good time. Gay Pride parades however, do still have a meaning and something to celebrate though. Orange Men Parades have been in decline in participants, and I personally think they have little meaning, other than just a way of people in Northern Ireland to have a good time.

Orangemen parades are not for fun, they are to celebrate William of oranges victory over Rebels in Ireland. The marches symbolise the routes he led his forces down. So when they march through a Catholic area with a nationalist community that is were they become offence. Orangemen have there right to march but i believe that they need to compromise and avoid catholic communities unless they allow them to.
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 super_mario_128
[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="super_mario_128"][QUOTE="STurn21"]

You need to work on your basic English skills ...... arguement.

Could not resist, sorry.

The addition of a single letter now = the complete butchery of the English language?

Sorry, try harder next time.

I did not claim you completely butchered the English language. Don't put words in my mouth.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

OK. So the homos are suppressed, mocked, and shunned by the society in which they live. In order to rebel, they host parades to prove that it's nothing to be ashamed of, and to flaunt it and taunt their cruel torturers. It is also used to help closet gays in coming out.

They may have been wrongfully persecuted, and the parade signifies that they are not going to tolerate such treatment. But it's still just a celebration based on their sexual preference, a preference that oddly enough people still fear.

SirWander

Well the fact that you find such reaction weird does not make it wrong.

The reaction is similar to this: your girlfriend dumps you, and you (after a lot of struggle to deal with it) try to get over it and for many reasons you want to sing a song called "I am through with you baby". Can you see the analogy?

You singing this song helps you move on and also (if you call her to say it in her face) you make sure your girlfriend gets the message and she will stop thinking as if you were in the wrong.

Thats the closest analogy I could find. :/

By wrongfully persecuted I meant that gays were being harassed for no good reason.

I think I understand what you are trying "say." That the parade just is a catalyst for them to freely express themselves. That their preference is not something "wrong" but natural, and that majority of heteros view them as something broken and not for the human beings that they are.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I didnt disagree with that comment. I was just referring to the fact that when we are weirded out by the (re)actions of some people we should first check the reasons why they (re)act like that and I am glad my analogy was helpful in this.

xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

I would one that says:

Heterosexuals are allowed to have a pride but there would be no actual cause behind it and that renders it redundant.

Teenaged

I thought the same thing too. What would happen at Heterosexual Pride anyway?

twilightpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 twilightpanda
Member since 2008 • 10607 Posts

the only parade i like is carnival :P

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

I would one that says:

xxxAdvocatexxx

Well limited and misinformed poll options are often used to direct any result it has to a certain conclusion.

That gay people apply double standards when they dont like it that heterosexuals propose that they will have a pride parade too, or that everyone approves of it which makes it of equal importance to a gay pride parade - both being false.

Nice try TC.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AirGuitarist87

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

I would one that says:

xxxAdvocatexxx

We wave at gay people? Wave a flag that only has one colour?
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#65 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Nothing is stopping heterosexuals but it is sort of like a Black Pride v. White Pride thing. When people think of black pride they think of MLK and people being sprayed with hoses, when people think of white pride they think of jackasses with swastikas on their face..

super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 super_mario_128
[QUOTE="xxxAdvocatexxx"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

I would one that says:

Heterosexual dinner, followed by a heterosexual movie?
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Teenaged

[QUOTE="xxxAdvocatexxx"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

I would one that says:

AirGuitarist87

You can hold a flag that has the Venus/Aphrodite + Ares symbol. :P

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"] We'd wear constrictive underwear and [QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="xxxAdvocatexxx"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

I would one that says:

xxxAdvocatexxx

In constrictive leather underwear.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Being from Northern Ireland, how do you feel about the Orange walks or "parades" where protestants march through the streets of NI, straight through historically Catholic areas? jimmyjammer69

I didn't realise they're losing popularity so much - that's a good thing AFAIC. To me they're both unnecessary forms of incitement, which cause more polarisation of opinion than peace. I don't think that people should feel that they're having a sexual-type which has so long been held in contention shoved in their faces. I totally agree with most posters in this thread that acceptance is crucial but these events just seems like divisive gloating.

The parades only happen once a year though, and to me at least, they show that the right to freedom of expression is still a value that is held on to, something that Northern Ireland used to struggle with during The Troubles, when people were being killed for simply being a Catholic or Protestant. While I'm not really interested in Orange Men parades, I do still think they should happen if other people want them to, alike with Gay Pride parades. It's not as if they happen everyday, and it isn't much trouble to simply avoid them whenever they do happen.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?
Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

if thier proud its thier biss, personaly in my exp ive found people who usualy come out with "im proud too be" to be quite prejudice and like to shove it down peoples necks, that goes for all types of pride, i know not everyone is like that but once you get too egotistical about your "pride"people arent gonna have a good view of you, but i feel people who go on about it say it to justify thier self

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Teenaged

if thier proud its thier biss, personaly in my exp ive found people who usualy come out with "im proud too be" to be quite prejudice and like to shove it down peoples necks, that goes for all types of pride, i know not everyone is like that but once you get too egotistical about your "pride"people arent gonna have a good view of you, but i feel people who go on about it say it to justify thier self

tastetheacidmil

When you are faced with persecution or generally what you are is not seen as something nice and acceptable its a common and reasonable reaction to flaunt it about. And its justified because the persecution is not justified.

tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tastetheacidmil
I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?Dr_Brocoli
alot of gays etc hate on hetros actually but no one batters an eye lid about that
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?tastetheacidmil
alot of gays etc hate on hetros actually but no one batters an eye lid about that

The example of just a few homosexuals having a spite against heterosexuals does not counter millenia of persecution against homosexuals. ;)

On the other hand, having a spite against your persecutor is another justified reaction. Surely far from being the best reaction but its an expectable one.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#75 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I parade around the house in my underwear. See that? Theres our hetro day parade right there.
xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xxxAdvocatexxx

[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?tastetheacidmil

I'm sorry... Are you accusing homosexual of being heterophobic? :o

Cause I have a confession to make. We are afraid of the snoo snoo, but we don't discriminate by the snoo snoo.

tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tastetheacidmil

[QUOTE="tastetheacidmil"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?xxxAdvocatexxx

Cause I have a confession to make. We are afraid of the snoo snoo, but we don't discriminate by the snoo snoo.

im saying ive seen alot of gay people be nasty and spitefull towards heteros
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Teenaged

[QUOTE="tastetheacidmil"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?xxxAdvocatexxx

Whats a snoo snoo? :/

I have heard of it before but...

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Teenaged

[QUOTE="xxxAdvocatexxx"]

[QUOTE="tastetheacidmil"] alot of gays etc hate on hetros actually but no one batters an eye lid about thattastetheacidmil

im saying ive seen alot of gay people be nasty and spitefull towards heteros

Already explained that.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#80 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="tastetheacidmil"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]I dont think you understand the purpose of these pride events for homose xuals. They are usually hated amongst people; so that is why they march showing their pride. No one hates hetro so why bother marching?Teenaged

The example of just a few homosexuals having a spite against heterosexuals does not counter millenia of persecution against homosexuals. ;)

On the other hand, having a spite against your persecutor is another justified reaction. Surely far from being the best reaction but its an expectable one.

It isn't merely the heterosexual community at large which is 'persecuting' them. It is, more specifically, religious fundamentalists.
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Neither should have parades, etc. People should only have pride in their achievements.
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

Well, you could..but seems rather pointless. Heck..I don't even understand parades of any kind.:?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="tastetheacidmil"] alot of gays etc hate on hetros actually but no one batters an eye lid about thatVandalvideo

It isn't merely the heterosexual community at large which is 'persecuting' them. It is, more specifically, religious fundamentalists.

I know a lot of people who although not religious extremists (pracitcally all of them have premarital sex, dont fast etc etc - you could say they are in the least religious), think that gays are disgusting and are angry when they claim something.

I dont think this is only my observation.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

Because heterosexuals having a pride parade is just stupid, homosexual parades are about not being ashamed anymore and not hiding and trying to deny who they are, about overcoming the discrimination they've faced and coming together and not feeling alone.

It's also about making their presence know and fighting for equal rights and social acceptance.

There is no need for a heterosexual parade.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Vandalvideo
think that gays are disgusting and are angry when they claim something.Teenaged
It is a far step from both; A) To generalize from your possibly unrepresentative sample and B) To go from apprehension to persecution.
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts

Teenaged

Watch the Futurama episode with the Amazonians.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]think that gays are disgusting and are angry when they claim something.Vandalvideo
It is a far step from both; A) To generalize from your possibly unrepresentative sample and B) To go from apprehension to persecution.

Ah sorry. I gave the wrong explanation.

When I mentioned heterosexuals I meant it in the same way a pissed of homosexual would see it: he/she would see in every heterosexual a glimpse of the persecution that he is facing.

And like I already said, its far from the best reaction but its to be expected.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

chathuranga

I dont watch futurama. Its not broadcasted here.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Vandalvideo
: he/she would see in every heterosexual a glimpse of the persecution that he is facing.Teenaged
And I think that is an illogical reaction. That is just as jaded as the radical fundamentalists in their generalizations. A homosexual ought not blame straight people.
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bean-with-bacon

[QUOTE="chathuranga"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Teenaged

Snoo snoo means sex.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]: he/she would see in every heterosexual a glimpse of the persecution that he is facing.Vandalvideo
And I think that is an illogical reaction. That is just as jaded as the radical fundamentalists in their generalizations. A homosexual ought not blame straight people.

I never said its the right reaction. Did I? I just said its expectable. Misguided yes, but still expectable. Expectable but also something that of course ought to be changed.

And of course what I could describe in just a few words is the extreme case. There is the case of course where a homosexual may have this impulsive reaction but because he/she is logical he/she doesnt let it get to him/her. And I think that there are too few extreme cases.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="chathuranga"]

bean-with-bacon

Snoo snoo means sex.

:o Ah ok.

bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 bean-with-bacon

[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont watch futurama. Its not broadcasted here.

Teenaged

Snoo snoo means sex.

Also get futurama on DVD nao!
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"] Snoo snoo means sex.bean-with-bacon

Also get futurama on DVD nao!

If I find it on a DVD club I will ok. :P

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
If homosexuals had full rights and were allowed to marry everywhere in the world that heterosexuals could, then they could scrap the pride events. But until then, they're entitled.
xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 xxxAdvocatexxx

[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont watch futurama. Its not broadcasted here.

Teenaged

Snoo snoo means sex.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Teenaged

[QUOTE="STurn21"]

[QUOTE="shoemen22"] thats reading to much into it isnt it. you went on the idea that you were right and anyone eles that said anything diffrent were wrong it was people alittle like you which could have been said to have caused the whole repression of the homosexual public... see i can twist things toAirGuitarist87

You need to work on your basic English skills before trying to get into an arguement.

English isn't Teenaged first language. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't have known that if he didn't explicitly state that.

So his post was directed at me? :| ....... :x

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"] Snoo snoo means sex.xxxAdvocatexxx

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy.

Haha that was great! :lol:

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

"im not gay and im proud" hmm, just doesnt have the same ring to it :P