Homersexual (spelt wrong for cencorship reasons) Pride

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shoemen22
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

I dont get it i have nothing against people being gay or homosexual what ever one suits you. One thing which bugs me are these gay pride events not the people the events if we had a straight or hetrosexual events there would be a uproar about it what do you all think?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

Do you feel as if there needs to be a heterosexual pride event?

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

why not i guess, you go have a parade if you want

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shoemen22
its principle though of how society is messed up does no one eles get this
Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
If heterosexual marraige wasn't legal in 48/50 states of the union i'm sure there would be a march or two. But seeing how right wing heterosexuality is celebrated every day by closed minded republicans, there is no such need.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Sun_Tzu-
its principle though of how society is messed up does no one eles get this shoemen22
Yes society is messed up, but I don't think that one of the ills of society is its "trangressions" against the heterosexual community. Heterosexuals have it pretty good in the U.S.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

Wut? Heterosexuals are allowed to have their own event, it's just that there would be no point in having one. :?

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shoemen22
im going on the idea that i live in england and it is legal for them to get married all across this country so why do they still need the events its legal for both here but they still have them
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Sun_Tzu-
im going on the idea that i live in england and it is legal for them to get married all across this country so why do they still need the events its legal for both here but they still have themshoemen22
They have them because of cultural taboos. Being gay is not thought of very highly and many people are ashamed to be gay due to said taboos. How many people do you know who are ashamed of being straight?
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
It's only fair after all the prejudice they've faced
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
It's only fair after all the prejudice they've facedtofu-lion91
this also do you really care anyway?
shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shoemen22
By what most people are saying here maybe i just feel alittle diffrent but atleast we all dont mind them being them but should there be ginger pride events,
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

I'm sure heterosexuals could organise a march if they wanted, it's just because the homosexual community didn't have that freedom for quite a long time.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Homosexual pride, is an answer of the homosexuals to the suppression they face. In this way they (admittedly in a flaunting and taunting manner) rub it in the heterosexuals face that they willl be who they are no matter what the world thinks of them.

Its just a reaction.

Heterosexuals have no reason to have a "straight pride" parade as they (as a sexual orientation) never faced suppression. Period.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Sun_Tzu-
I dont know any straight people which are ashamed but at the same time all of my friends which are gay dont give a S**T what other people think and are happy aswell shoemen22
That's great for your friends, and society has become more acceptable of gays over time, partly due to the awareness generated by gay pride events, but there is still a stigma that surrounds homosexuality - whether it be for religious reasons or more personal reasons that causes people to stay in the closet.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teenaged

[QUOTE="shoemen22"]im going on the idea that i live in england and it is legal for them to get married all across this country so why do they still need the events its legal for both here but they still have them-Sun_Tzu-
They have them because of cultural taboos. Being gay is not thought of very highly and many people are ashamed to be gay due to said taboos. How many people do you know who are ashamed of being straight?

Indeed thats a nother reason. Gay pride parades are a way of homsexuals that are not closeted or not ashamed of themselves to encourage the rest homosexuals (if not to come out which cant be forced) at least to not feel ashamed of themselves, either by just seeing the parade or participating in it.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
there is no need for gay parades...it just reinforces bad stereotypes
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Wut? Heterosexuals are allowed to have their own event, it's just that there would be no point in having one. :?

Gamer4Iife
No. If Heteros had one, people will say we're being homophobic.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Teenaged

By what most people are saying here maybe i just feel alittle diffrent but atleast we all dont mind them being them but should there be ginger pride events,shoemen22
You can organise practically any pride parade you want. Its not prohibited.

The point remains though that the cause behind a gay pride parade will never be equated with the (actually inexistant) cause behind any of the pride parades you mentioned.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

th3warr1or

Because there is no apparent reason to have one in the first place, so obviously your motives would be questioned.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

Meh, 1 gay pride parade once a year is nothing.. have better parades to complain about here :P

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Why not just have a all-sexual pride parade, everyone can join.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teenaged

SirWander

I dont think anyone would have a problem with that. :?

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I've heard the argument "equal but different is not good enough" coming from gay men countless times. I don't see how those same men can feel justified protesting against straight pride.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

th3warr1or

Because it will be like taunting homosexual pride parades.

And the reason would be taunting because there would be no idea of a heterosexual pride parade, had there not been a gay pride parade before that.

Add also the fact that like I said heterosexuals have no cause and you get the picture.

In summary, organising a straight pride parade just to react to the gay pride parades because they are not very likable is a bad reason.

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I don't really see what there is to be proud about and if there was a heterosexual pride rally there will be ridiculous uproar because of double standards.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SirWander

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

Teenaged

It's juvenile, sure. But having a parade just because you are gay or if you are a lesbian seems like a really shallow reason.

" I take it in teh pooper! :D YAY!" what they're celebrating.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

SirWander

It's juvenile, sure. But having a parade just because you are gay or if you are a lesbian seems like a really shallow reason.

Read all of my posts here. >_____>

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shoemen22
I agree with a comment on just what your sexualitily is. is not a reason to have a pride event
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
im going on the idea that i live in england and it is legal for them to get married all across this country so why do they still need the events its legal for both here but they still have themshoemen22
Actually, gay people in the UK still do not have equal rights (they are getting there though), and while it is one thing to have rights, social attitudes towards homosexuality are probably the most important, and there are still many places in the UK where homosexuality is frowned upon. I live in Northern Ireland, and homophobia is very common, as even the First Minister's party (Democratic Unionist Party) will do everything they can to stop the progress of Gay Rights, even going as far as trying to make Homosexuality illegal again. Thankfully though, the other parties in Northern Ireland condemn them, and they can't exactly do anything to stop the progress of Gay Rights anyway, as they have to keep in line with what the ruling government in West Minister are doing. Gay Pride parades are still necessary, and to have a Straight Pride parade would be pointless, as Heterosexuality is commonly displayed everyday, and even then, everyone is welcome to Gay Pride parades, as long as you do not cause trouble. I would say once Homosexuality is no longer a big deal anymore (which, in most parts of Britain, it isn't), Gay Pride parades probably wouldn't happen anymore, as there would be no need for them.
corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

The whole reason a pride parade is to flaunt it in peoples faces.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

I dont get it i have nothing against people being gay or homosexual what ever one suits you. One thing which bugs me are these gay pride events not the people the events if we had a straight or hetrosexual events there would be a uproar about it what do you all think?

shoemen22

Only minority groups get special treatment.. the majority dont. So come up with your own group you can make, then you can have your own parade. I do see where your coming from and i do agree. But do you really care to be in a parade or have on for you? If they did have a heterosexual parade, i wouldn't waste my time. I doubt many others would either.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="shoemen22"]im going on the idea that i live in england and it is legal for them to get married all across this country so why do they still need the events its legal for both here but they still have themmichaelP4
Actually, gay people in the UK still do not have equal rights (they are getting there though), and while it is one thing to have rights, social attitudes towards homosexuality are probably the most important, and there are still many places in the UK where homosexuality is frowned upon. I live in Northern Ireland, and homophobia is very common, as even the First Minister's party (Democratic Unionist Party) will do everything they can to stop the progress of Gay Rights, even going as far as trying to make Homosexuality illegal again. Thankfully though, the other parties in Northern Ireland condemn them, and they can't exactly do anything to stop the progress of Gay Rights anyway, as they have to keep in line with what the ruling government in West Minister are doing. Gay Pride parades are still necessary, and to have a Straight Pride parade would be pointless, as Heterosexuality is commonly displayed everyday, and even then, everyone is welcome to Gay Pride parades, as long as you do not cause trouble. I would say once Homosexuality is no longer a big deal anymore (which, in most parts of Britain, it isn't), Gay Pride parades probably wouldn't happen anymore, as there would be no need for them.

Being from Northern Ireland, how do you feel about the Orange walks or "parades" where protestants march through the streets of NI, straight through historically Catholic areas?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="shoemen22"]

Rattlesnake_8
Only minority groups get special treatment.. the majority dont. So come up with your own group you can make, then you can have your own parade.

Everyone is a minority group in their own special way.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 michaelP4
there is no need for gay parades...it just reinforces bad stereotypesweezyfb
Even without Gay Pride parades, the same stereotypes about gay people would still stand.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Teenaged

I agree with a comment on just what your sexualitily is. is not a reason to have a pride eventshoemen22
I dont think you read my first post.

Its not about merely to state your sexuality. But its a way of reacting to the social stigma that homosexuality bears for centuries.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Teenaged

there is no need for gay parades...it just reinforces bad stereotypesweezyfb
Thats is completely wrong.

If you are talking about the flamboyant stereotype...

...I have seen a gay pride parade here in Athens and all the people participating in it where quite the normal guys and girls. The only "different" you'd find on them would be edgy clothing. And still only a few people were like that.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
I don't see the need for taking pride in one's sexuality... It's such a botched concept. You are who you are; no need to flaunt it...
shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shoemen22

[QUOTE="shoemen22"]I agree with a comment on just what your sexualitily is. is not a reason to have a pride eventTeenaged

Its not about merely to state your sexuality. But its a way of reacting to the social stigma that homosexuality bears for centuries.

yeah but not everyone have to go with what you have to say
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="shoemen22"]I agree with a comment on just what your sexualitily is. is not a reason to have a pride eventshoemen22

So homosexuals shouldnt be accepted?

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SirWander

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont think anyone would have a problem with that. :?

Teenaged

OK. So the homos are suppressed, mocked, and shunned by the society in which they live. In order to rebel, they host parades to prove that it's nothing to be ashamed of, and to flaunt it and taunt their cruel torturers. It is also used to help closet gays in coming out.

They may have been wrongfully persecuted, and the parade signifies that they are not going to tolerate such treatment. But it's still just a celebration based on their sexual preference, a preference that oddly enough people still fear.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 michaelP4
Being from Northern Ireland, how do you feel about the Orange walks or "parades" where protestants march through the streets of NI, straight through historically Catholic areas? jimmyjammer69
I'm honestly not sure what to think of those. I would be culturally a Protestant, and I have never seen the point of Orange Men Parades. I think as long as they are done for the right reasons, one being is to have a good time (as most people seem to think of them that way), I don't see a problem with them. I do know however, that some people do participate in them to cause trouble, which I disagree with, but the majority of people who take part in them really just want to have a good time. Gay Pride parades however, do still have a meaning and something to celebrate though. Orange Men Parades have been in decline in participants, and I personally think they have little meaning, other than just a way of people in Northern Ireland to have a good time.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

SirWander

OK. So the homos are suppressed, mocked, and shunned by the society in which they live. In order to rebel, they host parades to prove that it's nothing to be ashamed of, and to flaunt it and taunt their cruel torturers. It is also used to help closet gays in coming out.

They may have been wrongfully persecuted, and the parade signifies that they are not going to tolerate such treatment. But it's still just a celebration based on their sexual preference, a preference that oddly enough people still fear.

Well the fact that you find such reaction weird does not make it wrong.

The reaction is similar to this: your girlfriend dumps you, and you (after a lot of struggle to deal with it) try to get over it and for many reasons you want to sing a song called "I am through with you baby". Can you see the analogy?

You singing this song helps you move on and also (if you call her to say it in her face) you make sure your girlfriend gets the message and she will stop thinking as if you were in the wrong.

Thats the closest analogy I could find. :/

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
It's to show that they're proud of who they are don't care what others think They've been going through a lot of discrimination so those parades are like a "We're still going" sort of thing You know a heterosexual parade sounds kind of fun lol
shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shoemen22

[QUOTE="shoemen22"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont think you read my first post.

Teenaged

thats reading to much into it isnt it. you went on the idea that you were right and anyone eles that said anything diffrent were wrong it was people alittle like you which could have been said to have caused the whole repression of the homosexual public... see i can twist things to
xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

I really hate stupid questions like this... Just like the question... Why is there a black history month?

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By STurn21
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="shoemen22"] yeah but not everyone have to go with what you have to sayshoemen22

thats reading to much into it isnt it. you went on the idea that you were right and anyone eles that said anything diffrent were wrong it was people alittle like you which could have been said to have caused the whole repression of the homosexual public... see i can twist things to

Your sentence that I quoted was so poorly structured that I didnt know what to make out of it. I would either ask you to rephrase or ask you for clarification from one possible conclusion that I drew from your post.

I'll go the other way.

Can you rephrase your whole position because quite frankly it made little sense.

STurn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By STurn21
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts