DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Over the period of a month I have lost 5lbs. I'm pretty proud of that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: Well done!

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

@horgen: Thanks! Got quite a bit to go, but this little loss is encouraging.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 horgen  Moderator

@DEVILinIRON: A pound a week (a little more actually) is a pace one can keep up for long. Granted if you got 200 lbs you want to get rid of, it will be slow, but if it is less than 30 lbs, it's good. Doesn't wreck yourself energywise.

titanraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#105 titanraven
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

My friends were big guys like they weight 145Kg and their height was only 5'8, Then they tried the new trend Keto and Intermittent fasting where you remove all the carbs and sugar in your meal! They lose 7kgs in 15 days, Try searching for this trend! Hope it can help :)

pavanear2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By pavanear2
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Regular exercises and fitness plans and dieting plans make us stay healthy. Need to drink more water at least 3 liters. Regular exercises make us tired and will get a good sleep in the night.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 horgen  Moderator

@titanraven said:

My friends were big guys like they weight 145Kg and their height was only 5'8, Then they tried the new trend Keto and Intermittent fasting where you remove all the carbs and sugar in your meal! They lose 7kgs in 15 days, Try searching for this trend! Hope it can help :)

You sound like a spam bot honestly.

The first kg/pounds will come off very easily. It's just water. A number often used regarding how many calories in a pound body fat is 3500Kcal. 7 kg is a little over 15 lbs. Do you think your friends have burned roughly 3500 Kcal more than they consumed each day for 15 days straight?

titanraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 titanraven
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

@horgen: Yes, That's what they said. I just wanted to share my friends' story I didn't mean to look like spam

Kylehernandez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Kylehernandez2
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Normally, my diet everyday is a selection of my favorite fruits coz im struggling to eat veggies everyday just to keep me healthy

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 horgen  Moderator

@titanraven said:

@horgen: Yes, That's what they said. I just wanted to share my friends' story I didn't mean to look like spam

That's ok.

The rate of water loss can really mess with ones motivation to continue lose weight. Be at the same weight for roughly two weeks or so and then over 3 days lose another 5 lbs.

DennyPh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DennyPh
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

Oh, that's sounds interesting

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

40lns lost so far, weight loss has slowed down a lot but still happening.

30lbs to go

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 horgen  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

40lns lost so far, weight loss has slowed down a lot but still happening.

30lbs to go

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I went from 280lbs to 217lbs since April 1st. That's not a joke either, I decided to take my life seriously on April Fool's day lol. I went on the keto diet as well as fasting for 47 hours at a time. I eat 1 meal and restart my fast afterwards. I'm not ready to show a shirtless before and after yet but, this was when I dressed up as Eggman for Halloween 2 years ago when I was 280lbs, this is me in that same jacket now.

I've been at 280lbs for multiple years, in fact, I think I was heavier in April. Maybe almost 290lbs or even heavier. I was too scared to step on a scale all last year and this year until I started to lose the weight. I believe in you guys and support you all the way.

Edit: My goal weight is 150lbs.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By thehig1

@-paranorman-: good going man....

150lbs???

How small are you that's very light.

How do you feel now, its feel great when you think back to what you were.

Im at 228lbs this moring, so 42 lbs lost since February.

Your weight loss is has been insane, less than 3 months youve possibly 70lbs ?

Incredible how good keto is for quick weight loss.

Next picture your going skins like I did haha

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -ParaNormaN-

@thehig1: I am 5'5. 150lbs is supposed to be the ideal weight for somebody my size so, that is my current goal, afterwards, I will start working out to gain muscle!

I feel phenomenal! I can't remember the last time I felt this good. Even in high school, I was already hitting 260lbs. The only complaint I really have is that, I get cold a lot easier now and my old jackets aren't enough to keep me warm anymore, haha.

Congratulations! 43lbs is quite the drop. Keep at it!

Yeah, I have actually lost more since my last post. I am now currently sitting between 212lbs and 211lbs.

Keto really has a lot of benefits for weight loss. Fasting is what is really kicking my fat to the curb though! Nothing will get you into ketosis faster than fasting.

Haha, when I hit 200lbs I will probably upload the shirtless before and afters! Still a bit insecure about those.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 thehig1

@-paranorman-: skins man, my body is not great, fat hangs around in areas you don't want and I have a massive scare down the centre of my stomach from an operation a few years ago.

I fast for around 20 hours a day (on occasion) couple times a week, with my job being active during this time I likely get into ketosis short term.

However Im not eating low carb enough for the effects to be so extreme.

Happy with my current rare, roughly on course to keep pace at a loss of around 10-15 per month.

You dont watch Thomas De Lauer you tube channel by any chance ?hes a big influencer in fasting and keto.

His community are doing a 3 day fast on June 23rd, im giving that a go.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By thehig1

@-paranorman-: some bad news for you though, you cant pull of Dr Eggman anymore too thin :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 horgen  Moderator

@thehig1: 3 day fast sounds horrible and not healthy.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 thehig1

@horgen: there are considerable health benefits, although there are some risks.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 horgen  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

The only other time I've met such an idea was among anorectic people. Some of them couldn't return to solid foods after their "fasting" periods. but I guess they had a lot of damage done already to their stomach and intestines.

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
adamlimbrent660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 adamlimbrent660
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

If you strongly want to put yourself in shape, it is important to be very motivated .. Not just eating right and playing sports, but also doing it as much as possible every day as much as possible ... good luck to all

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -ParaNormaN-
@horgen said:
@thehig1 said:

The only other time I've met such an idea was among anorectic people. Some of them couldn't return to solid foods after their "fasting" periods. but I guess they had a lot of damage done already to their stomach and intestines.

You should look into the fasting community so you can see the difference between us and anorexic people. Anorexic people force themselves by refusing to eat food. The fasting community does not. Fasting is looked at as more of a challenge and a way to detox your body. We don't force ourselves to do anything. Of course there are people who use fasting as an excuse to become anorexic, however, that is not the case for the majority of us. Weight loss is a benefit to fasting, it is not the only benefit and it is not the only reason we do it. Fasting was also common practice before we decided that we should eat 5 meals a day with snacks in between meals.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 horgen  Moderator

@-paranorman- said:
@horgen said:
@thehig1 said:

You should look into the fasting community so you can see the difference between us and anorexic people. Anorexic people force themselves by refusing to eat food. The fasting community does not. Fasting is looked at as more of a challenge and a way to detox your body. We don't force ourselves to do anything. Of course there are people who use fasting as an excuse to become anorexic, however, that is not the case for the majority of us. Weight loss is a benefit to fasting, it is not the only benefit and it is not the only reason we do it. Fasting was also common practice before we decided that we should eat 5 meals a day with snacks in between meals.

I know there is a difference. I've heard about the 16/8 and 20/4 for intermittent(I hope this is the correct word) fasting, but never heard about it go over a day.

@adamlimbrent660 said:

If you strongly want to put yourself in shape, it is important to be very motivated .. Not just eating right and playing sports, but also doing it as much as possible every day as much as possible ... good luck to all

Rest and recovery is also very important in getting in shape.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 -ParaNormaN-

@horgen: Look into the fasting community. There is a lot of neat stuff. We go beyond intermittent fasting. I go 3 days max, I mostly only do 2 days. Others go a week, some even longer. A lot of it is a mental fight. I personally wouldn't fast for a long time if I had less than 14% body fat. It's pretty dangerous at that point because your body doesn't have much to break down and will attack other parts of your body.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@-paranorman- said:

@horgen: Look into the fasting community. There is a lot of neat stuff. We go beyond intermittent fasting. I go 3 days max, I mostly only do 2 days. Others go a week, some even longer. A lot of it is a mental fight. I personally wouldn't fast for a long time if I had less than 14% body fat. It's pretty dangerous at that point because your body doesn't have much to break down and will attack other parts of your body.

I work out 3-5 times a week. I need my daily dose of protein. I could maybe last 20 hours tops.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 -ParaNormaN-

@horgen: Here is where you and I are different. I'm a couch potato, haha. I have a very physical job though so, I get my cardio and lifting from work. When I hit 150lbs, I will sub to a gym and start building muscle though. What tips can you provide for when I hit the gym?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Lotta doctors on this board.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Noticed on the 6th day of this water fast I started getting very light visual hallucinations, the still images on the screen had an almost 3D effect, was pretty awesome.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 horgen  Moderator

@-paranorman- said:

@horgen: Here is where you and I are different. I'm a couch potato, haha. I have a very physical job though so, I get my cardio and lifting from work. When I hit 150lbs, I will sub to a gym and start building muscle though. What tips can you provide for when I hit the gym?

Patience and consistency. Still the occasional week off from lifting doesn't hurt. You're going to need rest, especially if you lift heavy. A lousy day at the gym beats the couch by miles unless you desperately need that rest. If you wish to get stronger you need to build muscle, if you wish to build muscle you need to get stronger. "All" rep ranges are viable. You can do high volume with sets of 2 reps. Doesn't have to be 15 reps.

Take your time to learn how to do each exercise. At least with benchpress, squat and deadlift. Don't squat to low if you aren't flexible enough. Don't go ass to grass if you can't handle it. Sure way to get an injury. Warm up is important, but what you need to do is for you to figure out. Try different things. I see a lot of people warming up for bench press by just lifting the bar for a set or two before adding weight. Has never worked for me. I need to lift some light weights(lateral raises) to get my shoulders active before lifting the bar with some weights.

A lot of work out programs are cyclical, although it commonly called periodization. One period with progressively higher volume, followed by a period of progressively increased intensity.

Eat enough protein.

jackwl89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 jackwl89
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Funny I come across this thread a week after I started with my diet! When I was younger I was playing basketball and was pretty slim, later I transitioned into eating well and working out but it eventually all went to shit due to work and responsibilities. However, I'm back at it again.

One piece of advice for literally everyone:

When doing it right, diet is 80% and working out is 20% of weight-loss.

However, without regular physical activity, the diet's effectiveness drops to 40%.

Without a diet, workout effectiveness drops to 5%. Don't skim on either.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#135 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

17 days now on the water fast. No notifiable body change yet, started taking pink himalayan salt for electrolytes. Drinking salt water is pretty horrid, no matter how much you try dilute it.

On the plus side, you have a lot of energy equal or more than you would if you were eating with 0 hunger.

angelahpotts58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 angelahpotts58
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

@thehig1: Congrats man!!!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

It has been 3/4 months since I last posted on here.

Well, since then I have lost some weight. Started at 176lbs and now weight around 170lbs. In the space of 3 months of losing weight, I think that's an achievement for me. My waist used to be 34", and now fit in 33".

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 -ParaNormaN-

Hey, everyone. It's been a while. Here are my pictures. Since last week, I have killed off 100lbs. I went from 280lbs to 180lbs. Since last week, I have lost an additional 3, which puts me at 177lbs! It's been an insane 5 months for me. I am almost at my goal weight. I have been hiding my transformation from the majority of my friends and family. I showed my pictures to a fasting page I follow on Facebook and the response I got from there was overwhelming. It was so overwhelming that I posted my photos on my social media accounts. I even revealed an Instagram I have been keeping private that I'm going to be using to reach out to people who want to lose weight but are struggling, or are even scared to lose the weight. I hope I can help people change their lives.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#139 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

Hey, everyone. It's been a while. Here are my pictures. Since last week, I have killed off 100lbs. I went from 280lbs to 180lbs. Since last week, I have lost an additional 3, which puts me at 177lbs! It's been an insane 5 months for me. I am almost at my goal weight. I have been hiding my transformation from the majority of my friends and family. I showed my pictures to a fasting page I follow on Facebook and the response I got from there was overwhelming. It was so overwhelming that I posted my photos on my social media accounts. I even revealed an Instagram I have been keeping private that I'm going to be using to reach out to people who want to lose weight but are struggling, or are even scared to lose the weight. I hope I can help people change their lives.

Holy shit!!! dude congratulations!!! that is awesome be proud amazing job man.

iamokkkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 iamokkkkk
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

Just eat healthy food and train regullary!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 horgen  Moderator

@-paranorman-: Great job!

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#143 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I am 5'7 and weigh 189 pounds. I used to weigh 160 pounds when i was in my 20's. I want to lose 20 pounds. I used to drink sodas years ago but stopped. I excercise by using DDP Yoga and following a diet plan. I also would walk outside for an hour or 2 when it was cool outside. What's an ideal for me? I know when I was 160 pounds, I had a flat stomach and wore 34 waist jeans. For me I would love to build muscle and get abs.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 -ParaNormaN-

@warmblur: @horgen: Thank you! I'm very proud of my journey and what I have accomplished so far.

Here is the video I used to reveal my weight loss to the rest of my friends and family. I took photos I took from the beginning of my journey up until right now. I hope you guys enjoy! Hope some of you recognize the music I used in the video!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 horgen  Moderator

@pillarrocks: Cut some calories if you wish to drop weight. Start small.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#146 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

69.7kg

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 thehig1

thought id bump my own thread, back in weight loss battle.

Since this thread was made I went back up too 270 lbs, currently at 237lbs.

Anyone else wants to discuss weight loss or anything fitness related do it here, every input helps

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

Weight lifting can help aid in weight loss, as more muscle mass leads to more calories burned. I usually tell my co-workers who are trying to lose weight to mix in a little weight lifting in their plan. It'll not only help you become stronger, but as mentioned already, it'll help you burn more calories throughout all of your activities as muscle is more metabolically active than fat.

You'll find sugar in a lot of things, but I think it goes without saying that you need to avoid the things that are obviously not good for you. What you really want to avoid is the added sugars in food. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you'll have different needs. For an example, I'm muscular, so my diet is high protein, high carbs, low fat, low sugar. Peanut butter fit is low in fat, sugar, and high in protein for such a small serving size. It's excellent for mixing with home brewed coffee.

Pasta and bread is something I avoid at all times. However, when I was once vegan (anorexic), whenever I would crave something, like pizza, I would just take a few deep breaths of the pizza to satiate that desire for it. Of course, as you progress further, the desire for unhealthy foods decreases substantially, if not completely. At the beginning of your weight loss journey, you don't want to cut your calories in half from the get go, you want to lower it gradually, otherwise you will break one day and then overindulge.

Another helpful tip for losing weight is to not watch television or distract yourself in anyway while eating, because you'll distract yourself from how much you're consuming. I believe it takes a handful minutes for your brain to process that you're full, so when you're done with a helping, wait for about ten minutes and see if you still feel the same way. Also, eating foods that keeps you fuller longer are ideal, like oatmeal. That'll keep you full for a long time. I had oatmeal for breakfast and I was not hungry until around dinner time, and even then I wasn't that hungry.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#150 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Been noticing I am losing weight but haven't been working out just eating salads and drinking water and have cut off sugar from coffee and sodas as well as eating out at fast food restaurants. I have a treadmill and been wanting to do like 30 minutes every day when winter comes around. I been wanting to do my DDPY again when it gets cooler. Haven't weight myself but recently tried my nephews medium shirt and it fit on me! I haven't wore medium since 1997 though it was kinda tight. My pants do fit looser though I haven't replaced them in years and wear 36 so maybe 34?

I definitely want to work out as I see my new doctor next year for blood work. My A1C was a 9 so really want to drop that number to a 7 or lower.

I guess it's getting back into having a routine though and finding motivation as I am kinda lazy.