Have you ever had a near death experience/ almost been killed?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I've had a couple close calls. Never been seriously injured or anything like that, but I've had a few near misses. Late last night I was driving back from Ohio to Michigan - around 1 am. Roads were horrible and snow coverd. I was on the highway where the speed limit is 70mph, but I was lucky to be going 45-50 for a good portion of it. Anyways, as I am driving I am basically the only car on the road. Thought things were ok, but then I see something coming at me. Ends up being another car going the wrong way on the highway. Fortunately, I had enough time to pull off the road, but skidded pretty far due to the snow. Took my heart about 5 minutes to stop racing. Anyone else have something like that?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Was an inch away from getting hit by a bus on my way home from school. Heart skipped a beat that day. Literally walking along the path, turned out into the road, stepped forward and the bus almost bruhed my nose it was that close.

Almost got hit by a car on the way home from town with my mate. Bloke got out of his car to shout at me right in front of two very cute girls.

True story.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I was in a coma for three weeks because of an accidental overdose of my meds.

I also almost fell into a canyon when I was little.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
About a month ago. I was on blood thinners and I took too long of a time between getting my levels checked so my blood was extremely thin and I lost a ton of it. I was lying down all day and couldn't really move; I guess I had a seizure when the EMTs came and put me on the stretcher (I don't really remember this happening). Had to get a lot of blood transfusions in the hospital. I don't really know how close I was to dying but the doctor in the hospital called it a "near-death experience" so I'm guessing I was a lot closer than I'd like to be
CajunMadePunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CajunMadePunk
Member since 2011 • 7425 Posts
I got into a really serious wreck 2 years ago.
NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NightStalkerBX
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

New Years Eve '09. I was at the outpatient clinic of my local hospital getting an IV treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis when the medication caused a reaction and I went into anaphylactic shock. Thankfully there's no better place to go into shock than a hospital so I was taken care of relatively quickly, still I was minutes away from cardiac arrest.

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

Got in a car crash - was hit in the drivers door by a dump truck filled with corn. When I was hit I was pushed all the way to the passenger side of the truck had I been wearing my seat belt I'd be dead now.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Nope, but I saw an accident once while I was on vacation. A speeding motorbike hit a woman who was walking in the middle of the road. Luckily no serious injuries.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Was an inch away from getting hit by a bus on my way home from school. Heart skipped a beat that day. Literally walking along the path, turned out into the road, stepped forward and the bus almost bruhed my nose it was that close.

Almost got hit by a car on the way home from town with my mate. Bloke got out of his car to shout at me right in front of two very cute girls.

True story.

Ilovegames1992

I almost got hit by a bus when i was visiting london. Us americans are used to traffic being on the other side, so I looked the wrong way. LOL. Plus they come right up to the curb.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

True story.

sonicare

I almost got hit by a bus when i was visiting london. Us americans are used to traffic being on the other side, so I looked the wrong way. LOL. Plus they come right up to the curb.

They do. Insane.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I once fasted for 48 hours.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Well....nothing happened.....but when I was about 4, I was standing on the other side of the railings of an overlook. I was apparently quite fearless as a toddler.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts
I got hit by a car when I was 4. I was in a coma for a few months, and lost all of my memories (including basics like speech, balance, and motor control).They weren't sure if I was going to wake up, but I got pretty lucky.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli

Well....nothing happened.....but when I was about 4, I was standing on the other side of the railings of an overlook. I was apparently quite fearless as a toddler.

Celldrax
you are not a toddler at the age of 4...
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Me and my mum were in a car crash once.

We got out fine but the same couldn't be said for the car.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

When I was 2 I feel down a well. Does that count?

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
Knife fights. My legs shook.
BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
I was golfing and a friend of mine was doing the Happy Gilmore swing. Stupid me was standing at about "7 o'clock" behind him and he topped the ball and I could feel it nip my ear as it went whizzing by. I think if it had hit me in the eye that could have been curtains, or would it have stopped in my eye socket? Idk. Other than that the only other near death type situation was a truck that swerved to avoid a turning car. That was a 50/50 shot really, he turned in to the curb and nailed a light pole. If he would've turned the other way he would've crushed me head on.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

GazaAli

you are not a toddler at the age of 4...

Meh, close enough. Fearless as a young kid.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Was at a wave pool amusement park when I was a kid. Looking back the pool was overcrowded and everyone had inflatable mattresses. I got knocked off and went under, came up and a mat was over my head, swallowed water, then a wave hit me and being so crowded people were pushing me.

One thing they tell you is that if someone is drowning don't go near them. I demonstrated that clearly. When you're suffocating you kinda go berserk. I started pulling other people under and stepping on them to get out and three lifeguards had to restrain me. In the process I made like 5 other people almost drown.

But then I pressed charges for having a pool that was too overcrowded and almost drowning and didn't have to work for awhile.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
[QUOTE="Skarwolf"]

Was at a wave pool amusement park when I was a kid. Looking back the pool was overcrowded and everyone had inflatable mattresses. I got knocked off and went under, came up and a mat was over my head, swallowed water, then a wave hit me and being so crowded people were pushing me.

One thing they tell you is that if someone is drowning don't go near them. I demonstrated that clearly. When you're suffocating you kinda go berserk. I started pulling other people under and stepping on them to get out and three lifeguards had to restrain me. In the process I made like 5 other people almost drown.

But then I pressed charges for having a pool that was too overcrowded and almost drowning and didn't have to work for awhile.

Holy crap, how strong were you as a child to pull 5 people under water? Drowning is pretty scary though.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl

Skarwolf
I saved a couple kids in a similar situation (minus the overcrowding - they just weren't strong swimmers, and the waves combined with the surprise of getting knocked off overwhelmed them).
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
A crazy dude was driving his car at a very high speed and was about to hit me, I still don't know how I suddenly jumped away from the road to avoid getting killed.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I once fasted for 48 hours.GazaAli

Damn... you beat my 42 hours record.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
Yeah,my first memories are of me being 4 years old having a bad asthma attack before I even know what it was,I just couldnt physically breathe.And being in a hospital for 2 weeks over it
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Nope, never happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Twice. Both while in the Air Force. I think I've told the stories before on here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

DigitalExile

Was your name Baby Jessica?

Feryraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Feryraiser
Member since 2009 • 1574 Posts

I got jumped by some gangsters once, and they had knives. 3 vs 1, they just grabbed my shoulders randomly when i was walking home, and they asked me if i was in a gang, and i told them no, and i did not want to be in one. Well they said i would have to join their gang if i didn't want to get cut. I still said no, and i punched one of them in the gut. The other guy tried grabbing me from the back but i moved away and the other guy managed to graze my arm. Luckily my dad was driving by there and saw me. He pulled the car next to where i was and he honked the horn really loudly and he opened the door and i got in. I'm very grateful to my dad, even more since that day.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Almost got hit by a bus walking home from school. He was signalling his horn for me to get out of the way but I wasn't paying any attention to that. Luckily though, my friend dragged me out of the way just in time.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
me and my family were driving on the highway when we hit black ice, the car lost control and to the left of us was a deep ravine (which we would have died if we went over) and to the right of us was a snowbank. we hit the snowbank and slowly tipped over to the left of it. We all climbed out of the car without a scratch.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I once fasted for 48 hours.TehFuneral

Damn... you beat my 42 hours record.

It was back in last Ramadan. It was breakfast time and had an argument with my parents. Right at the Athan, I stormed out of the house and spent the night out. Had to fast the following day too.
xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

I was in the Bali Nightclub back in 2002 about 5 minutes before it got bombed.

Lived through a couple of 7+ Magnitude earthquakes, and my house collapsed as I was escaping.

I was dared to sit through Transformers 1-3 so I tryed to kill myself.

Avatar image for invisibletearsx
invisibletearsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 invisibletearsx
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts

Walked past the empty carpark lot next to a park.

Man in the car tried to grab me.

Ran for it. lol Survived.

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

True story.

Ilovegames1992
i almost got hit by a school bus. the crosswalk sign changed for me and i was in the middle of the road when the bus ran a red and hit its brakes saving me from being destroyed by it
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#36 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

There was one time I almost drown because I went too deep end of the pool when I was a kid. Another near death expedience happen during a family trip to Pennsylvania. My dad was driving my family through a busy freeway when all of a sudden a car ahead of us started swerving around crazily. Next thing I know the ahead of us flips over and debris started flying towards our car. Luckily my dad was quick enough to steer way in time before any of the debris hit the windshield. I can't believe something like that happened and it seem like a scene pulled straight from a action movie. I don't know what happened to the driver though.

drLEGENDARY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 drLEGENDARY
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

DigitalExile
Depends, was it a near death experience. As for me yea, I almost got hit by a car when I was young. Didn't look both ways before crossing the street and the car was literally a couple of inches away from me.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

Yes the first time was in quick sand. I got trapped in it was in chest high and this was in the middle of no where where there are very few people. I was lucky that there were some passers by came along and then they quickly rushed off to get some help. This happened when I was about 12 years ago when I was 7.

The second time of really coming close to death was just 4 years ago when I went swimming in the river. Suddenly the current got faster and started to drag me along and I went under. It felt like at least a minute or two that I held my breath for. A couple of seconds longer and I would have breathed in. I knew that I was going to die and I had already accepted it in my mind. Just as I was about to let go some dude jumped in and grabbed me and some other guys on the boat helps us back up. Needless to say I was absolutely **** scared of what just happened but it didn't put me off going back the next day for a swim again. This time I decided to stay in the shallower parts though.

Both of these incidents happened while I was on holiday in Bangladesh and I'm almost certain the next time I go I will end up in another near death situation.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattbbpl

Yes the first time was in quick sand. I got trapped in it was in chest high and this was in the middle of no where where there are very few people. I was lucky that there were some passers by came along and then they quickly rushed off to get some help. This happened when I was about 12 years ago when I was 7.

The second time of really coming close to death was just 4 years ago when I went swimming in the river. Suddenly the current got faster and started to drag me along and I went under. It felt like at least a minute or two that I held my breath for. A couple of seconds longer and I would have breathed in. I knew that I was going to die and I had already accepted it in my mind. Just as I was about to let go some dude jumped in and grabbed me and some other guys on the boat helps us back up. Needless to say I was absolutely **** scared of what just happened but it didn't put me off going back the next day for a swim again. This time I decided to stay in the shallower parts though.

Both of these incidents happened while I was on holiday in Bangladesh and I'm almost certain the next time I go I will end up in another near death situation.

Crunchy_Nuts
Note to self: Stay away from Bangladesh.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
There was this one time where this guy shot me and I fell of a building but I landed on a balcony on my way down and broke my back where laid there for about 20 minuets until person that lived at that apartment came by and called 911.
zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

Been overseas a few times. Had some close calls...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

True story.

Ilovegames1992
That's happened to me also. Did a lot of walking home from school last year. It doesn't startle me or anything but I feel lucky to not get hurt.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Not really. A few close calls but nothing in particular I can recall.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Hmm.

Head smashing into concrete followed by convulsions.

Was pinned by 20+ spooked cattle in a barn against a 2 foot x 2 foot wooden support pillar. Fractured ribs.

Lightning storm, Ground burned up on breaker outside the barn. Didn't know. Got hit by 220.

Installing 200 feet of barbed wire on the fence. Wire snapped when the tractor my grandpa was driving kicked out of gear going downhill and I was picked up and rolled with about 40 feet of wire. Also got slammed into a tree hard enough to take the bark off with my shoulder.
jockie_chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jockie_chan
Member since 2010 • 435 Posts

Anyone that drives a car has those experiences atleast once a year.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Had meningitis when I was a baby. I was on vacation in Croatia and I caught bacterial meningitis while on the plane. Spent the entire vacation there in the hospital with a temperature of 106 degrees Fahrenheit.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I almost got hit by a car several times as a kid. There have also been incidents where I moved my head just before something heavy hit it... And my appendix almost ruptured, which would've been bad I guess since I was incredibly dehydrated.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

was at the shooting range and a guy dropped his gun and it shot from impact and took my protective glasses off,now i go to the country side alone....

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

was at the shooting range and a guy dropped his gun and it shot from impact and took my protective glasses off,now i go to the country side alone....

almasdeathchild

Reminds me of the time when I went paintballing for my friend's 13th birthday and this kid shot himself in the leg...