Have you ever had a near death experience/ almost been killed?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

was at the shooting range and a guy dropped his gun and it shot from impact and took my protective glasses off,now i go to the country side alone....

TheFatPerson

Reminds me of the time when I went paintballing for my friend's 13th birthday and this kid shot himself in the leg...

i got shot in the balls paintballing on my 13th bday.....

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

was at the shooting range and a guy dropped his gun and it shot from impact and took my protective glasses off,now i go to the country side alone....

almasdeathchild

Reminds me of the time when I went paintballing for my friend's 13th birthday and this kid shot himself in the leg...

i got shot in the balls paintballing on my 13th bday.....

Oh... :|

Yikes.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

almasdeathchild
Looks like you dodged a bullet there.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 almasdeathchild

Gaming-Planet

yea i just froze and processed everything slowly it was quite.......shocking

jockie_chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 jockie_chan
Member since 2010 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

almasdeathchild

so a lethal bullet impacted your protective glasses?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"] Looks like you dodged a bullet there. jockie_chan

so a lethal bullet impacted your protective glasses?

on the side yea. broke the lens and split my nose open. kinda insane.though i dont really consider a small 22. round that leathal

d0ubl3sh0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 d0ubl3sh0t
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

not me but my ex has. she was like 5 or so and was swimming in the ocean near the beach. went too far out got pull by the wave and fainted out. the next thing she remembers she was waking up on the shore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

I was given the honors of lighting a rather large mortar shell for 4th of July. Instead of running back about 20 feet from the launch tube, I decided to run about 100 feet away and the thing exploded before it left the ground. I probably would have been set on fire if I was anywhere near that thing.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

A few weeks ago a speeding car almost hit me on the street. My heart didn't skip a beat though... am I suicidal?

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Nearly choked on my own vomit. Good job my mum had rang in sick from work and was there to wake me up.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I got smacked by a semi-truck mirror once. Sent me flying 4 or 5 feet into my neighbors yard. More of a push than a smack, so no major injuries. Closest I've ever been to dying, i guess.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I was given the honors of lighting a rather large mortar shell for 4th of July. Instead of running back about 20 feet from the launch tube, I decided to run about 100 feet away and the thing exploded before it left the ground. I probably would have been set on fire if I was anywhere near that thing.

6_Dead_360s

My uncle was lighting off one of those things, it exploded on the ground and I was hit by some flaming shrapnel. Just some minor burns, though.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts

Well, I did get into a car accident once. Didn't have my seat belt on, and the van rolled over like 10 times. I was flying around lol. Came out with a small dent near my forehead. I think a plank that was in the back of the car smacked me in the head. I was about 10 or 11 back then, but for some reason I didn't find the experience scary or traumatizing at all. It was just in the moment. You didn't really have time to think about fear. Actually, thinking back to it, it kind of seemed fun.

Aside from that, I got blood poisoning. Was 9, I think. Cut my hands on some dirty steel. The next day there was a red line running up my arm. It kept spreading and getting closer and closer to my chest. Next morning, my lips were swollen for some reason, as if they got infected, but it slowly went away throughout the day, as did the red line. It could have easily went to my heart and done some real damage, but I guess I got lucky.

And to a lesser extent I got so ****ing drunk that I blacked out. I don't know if I was near death, but after waking up it sure seemed like I was dead the whole time. Surprised my liver survived that. I downed a whole 750ml bottle of some really high quality polish vodka. I forget the name of it, but it was like a 50 dollar bottle. I also flooded my bathroom, and threw up in a bucket for 5 hours apparently.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
Despite deploying to Iraq three times and getting into two car accidents I personally think the closest I have been to death was when I was robbed in Atlanta GA. I had just returned from Iraq two or three weeks earlier and about three guys pulled up next to us in a car while I was leaving the movie theater from watching Bad Boys 2. One of them got out, pulled out a pistol, and robbed us.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Probably the closest I came to death was a close call car accident. It's a little difficult to explain but my wife and I were driving on the freeway at about 80mph when a car merged into the side-rear of another car. This caused the struck vehicle to make an immediate 90 degree turn while it maintained it's current speed. At this point the car was traveling perpendicular to the freeway lanes. As it crossed our path it was like slow motion. It was mere feet in front of us when my wife swerved behind the vehicle as it passed. The car continued on the same path and struck the center divider head on. Had my wife not performed what could be considered a stunt move to avoid this car it probably would have been a very bad night.

The driver who hit the other car probably was under the influence of drugs and probably left the same rave party we were at before the incident because there weren't to many people out this time of night in that area. Fortunately my sober wife was driving.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I rmember a lot of situations where I would think: "I would be dead if I didn't to this or that"

Although true, they weren't "close calls" or anything, just things that could've happened and didn't due to conditions.