Have you ever deleted something so...

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

so...meaningful to your life?

Better now?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why? WHY?

How could you throw such a massive investment away? Did you win the lottery or something?

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 delete-SimplyFatal

No, but I hope I do one day, would come in handy.

It might be a massive investment, but I'll make my money back sooner or later.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Why did you deleted it?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Did your parents drop you on your head as a child? Why throw away what was potentially thousands of dollars for absolutely no reason? You could have sold or given your account to someone. Sorry but you sir are an idiot.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 delete-SimplyFatal

@ferrari2001: To each his own, I knew I could have sold it.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Umm... why?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@SimplyFatal said:

You clearly don't understand how money works. You bought a product (in this case licenses to use the software). You asked VALVe to delete that product and your ties to it. You threw that money away. There is no "making it back".

I sure hope this wasn't somebody else's money you did this with.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
@foxhound_fox said:

@SimplyFatal said:

You clearly don't understand how money works. You bought a product (in this case licenses to use the software). You asked VALVe to delete that product and your ties to it. You threw that money away. There is no "making it back".

I sure hope this wasn't somebody else's money you did this with.

Why would you think that? Technically if I work, I'll make my money back, right? Regardless, I did it for my sake, to live a different life.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yeah TC you're an idiot.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
@airshocker said:

Yeah TC you're an idiot.

Oh well

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#12 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@SimplyFatal said:

@airshocker said:

Yeah TC you're an idiot.

Oh well

Approved because Rashida Jones.

Although I have not the faintest idea why you would literally delete all that. It baffles me.

But yes I have deleted things close to my heart, mostly pictures of me and my ex when she broke it off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Why wouldn't you just uninstall Steam and forget about it? You basically just threw all of that money away. Even if you do make that money back, what if someday you want to buy one of those games again?

Horrible idea, TC.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

You know what I have been forced to delete some of my wonderfully crafted posts because two posts is too many in a row for gs and I want to share new ideas but people are way too slow to post so that I can post.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
@airshocker said:

Why wouldn't you just uninstall Steam and forget about it? You basically just threw all of that money away. Even if you do make that money back, what if someday you want to buy one of those games again?

Horrible idea, TC.

Why would I go back? I'll just buy whatever I want from ANOTHER SERVICE (if need be)

I don't fall in for overhyped games anyway, so if a friend mentions something, I won't mind it at all.

I wouldn't really go back to something after doing what I did, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SimplyFatal said:
@airshocker said:

Horrible idea, TC.

Why would I go back? I'll just buy whatever I want from GoG.com (if need be)

I don't fall in for overhyped games anyway, so if a friend mentions something, I won't mind it at all.

I wouldn't really go back to something after doing what I did, lol.

It doesn't matter if you go back to Steam or somewhere else. You're still paying AGAIN for something you've ALREADY bought.

Do you not see how stupid that is?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

So OP, are you being paid to promote GoG.com?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I'm sorry, but i simply don't understand. You say you're deleting them all to live a different life and thats fine, but then you mention GoG which is essentially another service that you can purchase and download games from, (though arguably, cooler, older games), so you're giving up one massive library of downloadable games for potentially another massive library of downloadable games? How is that a different life? O.O

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dave123321

@Master_Live: that's what I assumed and flagged for earlier today

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321

Oh man that was only like an hour ago. Man man man where am i

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

I didn't think that morons could get any dumber o___o

I was wrong.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 delete-SimplyFatal
@Allicrombie said:

I'm sorry, but i simply don't understand. You say you're deleting them all to live a different life and thats fine, but then you mention GoG which is essentially another service that you can purchase and download games from, (though arguably, cooler, older games), so you're giving up one massive library of downloadable games for potentially another massive library of downloadable games? How is that a different life? O.O

Ugh you people, I'm saying when I do need to fall back on a game (because I'm still a gamer), I will do it through GoG.com. If and when I want to enjoy myself.

I don't think that's hard to understand people.

Steam was more than just a service to me, it had something that I was very addicted to, which was the market.

I've decided to leave Steam for personal reasons that I don't feel entitled to talk about, because why should I?

I'm simply asking you people, if you've given up something for someone or just for your own good?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#23 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@SimplyFatal said:
@Allicrombie said:

Ugh you people, I'm saying when I do need to fall back on a game (because I'm still a gamer), I will do it through GoG.com. If and when I want to enjoy myself.

Steam was more than just a service to me, it had something that I was very addicted to, which was the market.

I've decided to leave Steam for personal reasons that I don't feel entitled to talk about, because why should I?

I'm simply asking you people, if you've given up something for someone or just for your own good?

You could of simply said you were giving up the addictive nature of Steam while still wanting to play games. See, much easier. =P

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal

@Allicrombie said:

@SimplyFatal said:
@Allicrombie said:

You could of simply said you were giving up the addictive nature of Steam while still wanting to play games. See, much easier. =P

Well that's a reason. I don't understand why people have to come in and tell me I'm an idiot, because I don't think so and you can't change that.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I've always figured the therm "headdesk" was an exaggerated version of a face palm, But Congratulations. Not only did I move the keyboard to slam my head down on the desk, you even made me groan in frustration after doing so.

Did the thought " Maybe I'll keep the User name and Password on a piece of paper somewhere so if I want to jump back then I can" even cross your mind?

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 delete-SimplyFatal

@Treflis: No, I wanted it gone for good.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I don't believe TC and call bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

My only question is: Why do all of you care so damn much? I read the OP, thought "Ok, so he/she deleted all of his/her games" and had no reaction to it...it's not your moneys or collection, so who cares?

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

@korvus said:

My only question is: Why do all of you care so damn much? I read the OP, thought "Ok, so he/she deleted all of his/her games" and had no reaction to it...it's not your moneys or collection, so who cares?

It's a REALLY irrational move compared to just having some self control and not using steam like a grown up. I think most people are having trouble understanding what is wrong with the TC because even if he doesn't think he cares today the odds are strong that he'll regret this move in the future.

On Topic. I just deleted the last 10 Dollars in my pocket to buy a bottle of Yellowstone Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The 10 dollars was very dear to me, but I got a very cheap bottle of what's most likely going to be kinda bad whiskey that I'm also going to delete down my belly tonight.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

TC is just someone dying for attention and you all fell for it. Ignore him.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@korvus said:

I guess it just gives off the same impression as seeing rich tycoons using hundred dollar bills to light their cigars. Or how some starving third world kid would be shocked and appalled at seeing how much perfectly good food people in developed countries waste. Even if it means nothing to the person who has it (and then throws it away), there's just something offensive about it when it's witnessed by the person who DOESN'T have it and could make good use of it.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#32 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@SimplyFatal said:

I've decided to part with steam with over 165 games.

Loading Video...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

*Cleans up tears* "You could have at least gave all those game to me." *Sobs back into tears*

But back on topic, there is no real need for this topic to exist anymore. So....

Inb4lock! :D

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I get how people could sell games when they are really broke and buy them again in the future but, you can't do that with virtual titles. You may not see it now, but later down the line you will hurt at how much money you really let go. You can't make money back, you can only make money. You can't reset time and gain a paycheck back but, you can keep working for another paycheck. Joining another service in the future to buy those games again is not "gaining" anything "back". It's just wasting money being earned on old products again.

At least when you sell games you get a certain percentage of that money back. You just up and threw that money away. Prepare to hurt by the end of the year.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I'm sorry TC but that was one hell of an idiotic move. Good job. Good job. Hope you are really proud of your messed up reasoning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@MrGeezer: @WickedChainy: I understand your points and I would probably be really pissed if I saw someone throw away massive amounts of food or clothing instead of donating them, but let's be realistic...video games are a luxury and if someone is hungry, homeless or sick, they won't fix anything. You both spent hundreds of dollars on your gaming platforms that could have been used to feed a child or buy a homeless person a bunch of clothes, but you spent it (your own money) on yourselves because it gave you pleasure; TC did the same thing...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Couldn't you have given your account to a friend so someone could at least get use out of the huge amount of money you spent?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts
@deeliman said:

Couldn't you have given your account to a friend so someone could at least get use out of the huge amount of money you spent?

I would gladly relieve him of that burden. TC is such a wuss.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal

So what have you guys done with yourselves lately?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dave123321

With korvus on this

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@SimplyFatal:

Good for you, man. I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Whatever your reasons for giving something up for something better in your life is always a positive step in the right direction.

This site contains mostly gamers (hard to believe, I know), so their retaliation is based solely on the fact that they have a place in their heart for gaming.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 delete-SimplyFatal

@jasean79 said:

@SimplyFatal:

Good for you, man. I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Whatever your reasons for giving something up for something better in your life is always a positive step in the right direction.

This site contains mostly gamers (hard to believe, I know), so their retaliation is based solely on the fact that they have a place in their heart for gaming.

Yea...I could tell. I mean heck I loved my account to death, but what you say is how it is. Gotta let some things go in life, to take that extra step further.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@SimplyFatal said:

Oh jeez, a lot of people are calling me idiots again, what ever should I do. What am I supposed to do with myself?

Listen guys, it doesn't matter what I did or what you say, because I'm happy without it. I was addicted to this service that nearly ruined my life at one point. I won't explain my story to you guys, because why should I? There are several other reasons why I quit the service, but like I said before, I won't dwell into it. Now, why did I delete my account instead of doing what you people suggested? Simple, why do you think, for example, so many people delete their WoW accounts. It was their baby and they want to get rid of it themselves, and deleting something like this, WOULDN'T EXACTLY BRING ME BACK TO THE SERVICE FYI (I got other things to do in life, like studying German and Polish). They don't want to sell something they've created and give it to somebody else. I don't want to acknowledge that its there floating around, I wanted it gone.

The money I spent on this my collection was maybe around 400 dollars in total, since most of the games I bought were on sale at the time being. For the working/educated person in today's society, this is but maybe half of what they earn. So wasting my life on something that almost ruined it, is something that I'm happy with.

To end this and to bid all of you people farewell, I would like to say one thing.

I am a man, and a man learns how to cope with himself regardless of the situation.

Why would you start this thread if you're not going to explain? If you truly are a man then act like one and just tell us instead of dancing around singing about your new life. A man learns how to cope with all of himself. You can get rid of all the games but you can't get rid of the gamer. That's part of you.

Anyway let us know when the magnitude of your decision hits you for real. I think I have an extra copy of Half-life 2 on steam I can give you next time you need a fix.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 delete-SimplyFatal

Why cope with something that doesn't need coping? *Jim Carrey meme here*

Lmfao, alright man. Maybe I'll you hit up in a few years.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jasean79

@pyro1245: Why would you start this thread if you're not going to explain? If you truly are a man then act like one and just tell us instead of dancing around singing about your new life. A man learns how to cope with all of himself. You can get rid of all the games but you can't get rid of the gamer. That's part of you.

Why should he have to explain anything? His question was pretty simple in asking if anyone's given something up that they held in high regard at one time. It has nothing to do with being less of a man because he didn't get personal on this forum. Maybe it was ruining his family life or something, who knows? That's his business and not for you to judge.

Be a man and respect his decision to keep it to himself.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
@jasean79 said:

@pyro1245: Why would you start this thread if you're not going to explain? If you truly are a man then act like one and just tell us instead of dancing around singing about your new life. A man learns how to cope with all of himself. You can get rid of all the games but you can't get rid of the gamer. That's part of you.

Why should he have to explain anything? His question was pretty simple in asking if anyone's given something up that they held in high regard at one time. It has nothing to do with being less of a man because he didn't get personal on this forum. Maybe it was ruining his family life or something, who knows? That's his business and not for you to judge.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@jasean79 said:

he said it nearly ruined his life and I'm curious. it was a stupid move and you know it. don't defend him. also who are you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79 said:

@SimplyFatal:

I think people are overlooking the powerful psychological effect that destroying something that is bad for you can have. Sure, other people might have appreciated being given what he had, but if he needed the feeling of closure in order to move on, then he made the right call.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasean79

@pyro1245 said:

@jasean79 said:

he said it nearly ruined his life and I'm curious. it was a stupid move and you know it. don't defend him. also who are you?

Who I am is of no relevance to this thread. He can fend for himself, I'm sure. What I'm defending is his position to keep his personal life...PERSONAL. I can respect that and so should you, as it has no impact on your answer to the question.

Besides, with how everyone is so quick to criticize people on this forum, I don't blame him for keeping it to himself.