Have you ever deleted something so...

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@korvus said:

@MrGeezer: @WickedChainy: I understand your points and I would probably be really pissed if I saw someone throw away massive amounts of food or clothing instead of donating them, but let's be realistic...video games are a luxury and if someone is hungry, homeless or sick, they won't fix anything. You both spent hundreds of dollars on your gaming platforms that could have been used to feed a child or buy a homeless person a bunch of clothes, but you spent it (your own money) on yourselves because it gave you pleasure; TC did the same thing...

Hey, I'm not saying that it's right or that it's even their business, I'm just telling you why I think people get mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#52 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@MrGeezer: No, no, I know =) Sorry for the "you both" part...made it sound like I was chastising you in particular. It wasn't my intention ^_^

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

I'll give everybody another reason why, if you guys are so keen to knowing.

I had a few friends that I gamed with for the past 5-8 years, that I saw as people that were very close to me. Didn't matter to me if we haven't seen each other in real life.

This usually makes it very hard for a person like me to just uninstall the service and forget about it. So, the countless times that I HAVE ALREADY TRIED QUITTING, didn't work so well. Fast forward to this week, and I've told everyone (that I thought was close), that I would be shutting down the account or just not using it anymore.

I still won't lose contact with them obviously, I'll keep in touch on skype if need be.

But, I can understand why some of you just seem immensely puzzled, although I think its just because you don't have my way of thinking.

P.S. Yet this is not the primary reason for my disconnect. Sorry.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal

@thegerg said:

@SimplyFatal said:
@Allicrombie said:

I'm sorry, but i simply don't understand. You say you're deleting them all to live a different life and thats fine, but then you mention GoG which is essentially another service that you can purchase and download games from, (though arguably, cooler, older games), so you're giving up one massive library of downloadable games for potentially another massive library of downloadable games? How is that a different life? O.O

Ugh you people, I'm saying when I do need to fall back on a game (because I'm still a gamer), I will do it through GoG.com. If and when I want to enjoy myself.

I don't think that's hard to understand people.

Steam was more than just a service to me, it had something that I was very addicted to, which was the market.

I've decided to leave Steam for personal reasons that I don't feel entitled to talk about, because why should I?

I'm simply asking you people, if you've given up something for someone or just for your own good?

You don't feel entitled to talk about your own personal life? Why aren't you entitled to do so?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@thegerg: Why aren't you entitled to do so?

Because, "why should he"? :D

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Should have given them a new home to spread the joy

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

What's with all the topics getting their op changed? Is this gonna become a thing now? >_>

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal

@dave123321: Whether I did or didn't, that's still a mystery.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@jasean79: hahah. internet privacy. funny.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Weird. I don't remember the "bare all" clause in the FAQ on here. I think we're all at liberty to reveal what we want about ourselves.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@pyro1245 said:

Weird. I don't remember the "bare all" clause in the FAQ on here. I think we're all at liberty to reveal what we want about ourselves.

what are your three biggest fears?