Have humans destroyed completely destroyed earth??

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts

Earth seemed to be doing fine without humans, all the animals were out in the wild and not captured and killed by us, there was no global warming and then we somehow got here and we destroyed everything.

Have we completely messed everything up?? I mean some animals are going extinct and it's all our fault, it's like we are destroying this earth and it's not really ours, we shouldn't be allowed to destroy it like that.

What do you guys think??

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
There is still a lot to destroy.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Nature sure didn't prepare for us.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
We haven't COMPLETELY destroyed the Earth, only most of it. At least the north pole is still intact!
grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts
I think earth would be boring as a national geographic larva special without humans....
Avatar image for Elephant_Couple
Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Elephant_Couple
Member since 2010 • 1404 Posts

Well, it's still here, so...no.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
We've destroyed a bit, but not everything.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Um... we really haven't done that much damage... relative to the potential damage we could have caused...
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joshrocks2245

We haven't COMPLETELY destroyed the Earth, only most of it. At least the north pole is still intact!chrisrooR

Don't you think thats wrong we've done that?? I think it's sad that we destroyed most of the stuff on earth and some humans think they are so great, I mean none of us are great, we destoryed this planet that doesn't belong to us.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Earth seemed to be doing fine without humans, all the animals were out in the wild and not captured and killed by us, there was no global warming and then we somehow got here and we destroyed everything.

Have we completely messed everything up?? I mean some animals are going extinct and it's all our fault, it's like we are destroying this earth and it's not really ours, we shouldn't be allowed to destroy it like that.

What do you guys think??

joshrocks2245

If you think you're ruining the Earth, change your behavior and I won't stand in your way. Please extend me the same courtesy.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
give it 50yrs
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Hardly, the Earth has survived a number of asteroid impacts in it's past, I'm sure it can survive us. The real question is, can we survive mother nature?

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

Not completely, but we're heading for extinction if we keep it up for the next few hundred years.

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

I don't think we have destroyed or will destroy Earth. We're far more likely to destroy ourselves first. Earth is tougher than we are.

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

not only humans but cows. yes cows. when cows fart it adds to global warming. true fact

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

*waits for a "the dayt he earth stood still" kind of situation*

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 joshrocks2245

Hardly, the Earth has survived a number of asteroid impacts in it's past, I'm sure it can survive us. The real question is, can we survive mother nature?

MushroomWig

I don't think it can survive us, we kill most animals and a lot of them are going extinct. I heard about some illegal dog fighting operation thing and people get all butthurt about that but those same idiots don't have a problem with killing all the other animals and making them go extinct. It just shows humans are not great at all, It'd say most humans are quite stupid.

Gonzafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Gonzafan
Member since 2008 • 1488 Posts

It may be possible later after some centuries, if earth-harming devices were more common and were not banned, and if people has overhunted or destroyed their habitats till extinction. :?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Not saying that humans haven't damaged the environment and so forth, but there was the whole "asteroid apocalypse" thing that caused mass global extinction, so I don't exactly think it's accurate to say that Earth was always doing perfectly well until we showed up.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

What do you guys think??

Well, if we weren't killing animals its likely the animals would be killing one another. Global warming has a lot of factors that contribute to it. We can not have destroyed everything - the internet still exist. So we're good, Don't Panic.
grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 grape_of_wrath
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

I don't think it can survive us, we kill most animals and a lot of them are going extinct. I heard about some illegal dog fighting operation thing and people get all butthurt about that but those same idiots don't have a problem with killing all the other animals and making them go extinct. It just shows humans are not great at all, It'd say most humans are quite stupid.

You know that animal species drive other animal species to extinction? that's the way things work.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

What do you guys think??

clayron

Well, if we weren't killing animals its likely the animals would be killing one another. Global warming has a lot of factors that contribute to it. We can not have destroyed everything - the internet still exist. So we're good, Don't Panic.

Yes, but in completely natural ways. I doubt that they would be driving each other to extinction.

Gonzafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Gonzafan
Member since 2008 • 1488 Posts

Not saying that humans haven't damaged the environment and so forth, but there was the whole "asteroid apocalypse" thing that caused mass global extinction, so I don't exactly think it's accurate to say that Earth was always doing perfectly well until we showed up.

GabuEx
Asteroids and meteor crashes are natural, but if these objects bulleted and crashed towards the earth, but did not destroy it, unluckily, humans will be in a much higher risk of destroying the Earth and other life may be in a much serious risk of extinction if they were not already extinct by the crash.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#25 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
We came from nature, right? So it's only natural we rape nature! If nature didn't like it she should have gone to court.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

joshrocks2245

Agreed, Humans are insanely stupid. Anials are one thing but The Earth is tougher than we give her credit for though. :)
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joshrocks2245

GabuEx

Yeah but we are destroying the earth, we have killed most the animals, we destroy the habitats they live in and no one cares, but if humans hear about some cat getting killed everyone freaks out. Then we destroy our selves by creating drugs, wars and nuclear bombs and we create prisons to lock other humans in, we treat our selves like animals cause thats all we are and we don't have the right to do any of this.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

What do you guys think??

joshrocks2245

Species have been going extinct for as long as life on Earth has existed.

The Earth has been undergoing drastic climate change for as long as the Earth has existed.

Destruction is the natural order. Without it there can be no creation.

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 grape_of_wrath
[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

What do you guys think??

Yes, but in completely natural ways. I doubt that they would be driving each other to extinction.

They will and they have.....we're an animal species too....
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Gonzafan

Asteroids and meteor crashes are natural, but if these objects bulleted and crashed towards the earth, but did not destroy it, unluckily, humans will be in a much higher risk of destroying the Earth and other life may be in a much serious risk of extinction if they were not already extinct by the crash.

On what do you base the assertion that humans are much more likely to destroy the Earth than an asteroid causing mass global extinction on Biblical levels?

People act as though extinction did not exist until humans came around, which is silly.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

We have changed earth not destroyed it. We are a force of nature and a part of earth.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joshrocks2245

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

grape_of_wrath

You know that animal species drive other animal species to extinction? that's the way things work.

Yeah but it's like we are killing them all which is not right, we don't have the right to kill everything.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

joshrocks2245

Yeah but we are destroying the earth, we have killed most the animals, we destroy the habitats they live in and no one cares, but if humans hear about some cat getting killed everyone freaks out. Then we destroy our selves by creating drugs, wars and nuclear bombs and we create prisons to lock other humans in, we treat our selves like animals cause thats all we are and we don't have the right to do any of this.

"We have killed most the animals"?

This is a graph depicting extinction intensity of marine life throughout history. The x-axis is in millions of years. In that largest spike, the Permian-Triassic extinction event, ninety-six percent of all marine life and seventy percent of all land vertebrates went extinct. Look at that and tell me with a straight face that we have killed most the animals.

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 grape_of_wrath
Yeah but it's like we are killing them all which is not right, we don't have the right to kill everything.joshrocks2245
Why not? what does it matter? if there are no humans,what does it matter to you if the earth is destroyed? there are billions on billions of other planets out there.
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 joshrocks2245

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

GabuEx

"We have killed most the animals"?

This is a graph depicting extinction intensity of marine life throughout history. The x-axis is in millions of years. Look at that and tell me with a straight face that we have killed most the animals.

Well a lot of animals are going extinct, there used to be a lot more. We are destroying everything else too and it's not right, it's not even like we belong here.

gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

yes humans are destroying the earth, humans tend to destroy everything they touch. stupid humans.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joshrocks2245

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]Yeah but it's like we are killing them all which is not right, we don't have the right to kill everything.grape_of_wrath
Why not? what does it matter? if there are no humans,what does it matter to you if the earth is destroyed? there are billions on billions of other planets out there.

Because we think because we are smarter so we think we have the right to destroy and control the whole world but we don't, and thats what pisses me off.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GabuEx

Well a lot of animals are going extinct, there used to be a lot more. We are destroying everything else too and it's not right, it's not even like we belong here.

joshrocks2245

I don't even know what you're saying here. :?

Around 250 million years ago, 83% of the genera in the world were wiped off the face of the Earth. Let me repeat that: eighty-three percent of all genera in the world went extinct. Sure we should be concerned about what we're doing to the environment. But it's hyperbole to the extreme to act as though humans are "destroying everything" as though we are wreaking havoc on the planet in a way that has never been seen in all of Earth's history. Our impact has been peanuts in comparison to events such as the P-Tr extinction event.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joshrocks2245

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

GabuEx

I don't even know what you're saying here. :?

Around 250 million years ago, 83% of the genera in the world were wiped off the face of the Earth. Let me repeat that: eighty-three percent of all genera in the world went extinct. Sure we should be concerned about what we're doing to the environment. But it's hyperbole to the extreme to act as though humans are "destroying everything" as though we are wreaking havoc on the planet in a way that has never been seen in all of Earth's history. Our impact has been peanuts in comparison to events such as the P-Tr extinction event.

Yeah but an asteroid colliding with the earth is just what happens, it's no one fault. We are creating wars and destroying everything and it's all our fault, don't you see how wrong that is?? Us destroying everything is a lot worse then an asteroid destroying all life.

Jaks_Publicity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaks_Publicity
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
Yep. We aren't even on earth right now. The government just knocked us unconscious for a few years and transported all of us to an artificial planet.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GabuEx

Yeah but an asteroid colliding with the earth is just what happens, it's no one fault. We are creating wars and destroying everything and it's all our fault, don't you see how wrong that is?? Us destroying everything is a lot worse then an asteroid destroying all life.

joshrocks2245

But that's just it: we aren't "destroying everything". The Earth is remarkably hardy. It has survived much worse. It will go on. Perhaps without us - but it will go on. I am not saying we should not be concerned with what humans are doing to the environment. But I am saying that one's case is not aided by such ridiculous hyperbole.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MushroomWig

Earth will be around long after mankind expires.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

If you believe that human beings are just another animal, then it's up to all the other animals to adapt to us.

If you believe that human beings are not just another animal, but are meant to have dominion over animals, then this planet is ours to use, as wisely as we can, as we see fit.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Completely Destroyed EARTH? I don't think so.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

[QUOTE="grape_of_wrath"][QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

joshrocks2245

Yeah but it's like we are killing them all which is not right, we don't have the right to kill everything.

Yes we do. Thats what makes us the top dog. Don't want those animals getting all high and mighty...you saw doctor dolittle.
grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 grape_of_wrath

[QUOTE="grape_of_wrath"][QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]Yeah but it's like we are killing them all which is not right, we don't have the right to kill everything.joshrocks2245

Because we think because we are smarter so we think we have the right to destroy and control the whole world but we don't, and thats what pisses me off.

What's this "right" you keep mentioning? a written approval? not that i'm consenting that we are "killing everything". every species does it's best to survive,if we've made it so we are capable enough to manipulate are surrundings and we can do so unopposed by the enviorment then,yes, we have a right.wether or not those actions will return to haunt us in years to come is another thing,but worrying over the enviorment for the sake of worrying over the enviorment is ridiculous-morality is human made,not a universal concept.
Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

No, I don't believe that at all. Personally I find this odd belief that Humans are evil and Nature is superior, to be extremely silly. I wish the accomplishments of humans weren't so downplayed.

I wouldn't be suprised if this breed of environmentalism becomes an almost new religion. Nature can be the 'God', and Humanity can be the 'Devil'. Wonder how long it'll take for this to happen...

[spoiler] Slowpoke [/spoiler]

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 joshrocks2245

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]

[QUOTE="grape_of_wrath"] Why not? what does it matter? if there are no humans,what does it matter to you if the earth is destroyed? there are billions on billions of other planets out there.grape_of_wrath

What's this "right" you keep mentioning? a written approval? not that i'm consenting that we are "killing everything". every species does it's best to survive,if we've made it so we are capable enough to manipulate are surrundings and we can do so unopposed by the enviorment then,yes, we have a right.wether or not those actions will return to haunt us in years to come is another thing,but worrying over the enviorment for the sake of worrying over the enviorment is ridiculous-morality is human made,not a universal concept.

It's not right to do all that though, we know how to survive now it's like we are destroying everything just for fun. People kill animals just for their fur sometimes, thats not called surviving, thats called be idiotic, sadly thats what most humans are.

@Mushroom wig: Yeah it will be, we humans seem to think everything revolves around us, we think there can't be life on no other planets, we think we are like the only smart ones in this whole universe. That is not true at all, we are just animals and we are just a bit smarter then all the rest of the animals on this planet.

@Gabu: I think it's wrong what we are doing here though, humans are trying to control everything and I just feel it's wrong. Earth would be a lot better off without us I think.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I think earth would be boring as a national geographic larva special without humans....grape_of_wrath
From a human's perspective of course :P
iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts

What do you guys think??

joshrocks2245
Umm, yes there was global warming, there was a lot of global warming. ever hear of a thing called the ice age? how do you figure that ended without the globe warming? Also there were these things called Dinosaurs, I'm pretty sure that we had nothing to do with that one either. I Think that we have contributed to global warming, but the vast majority of it is a natural phenomenon. like maybe we are responsible for 10-15%.