GOP hopeful wants to make oral sex a felony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

How will GoP members suck of young boys in airport bathrooms now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#152 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch

They'll have to do it other GOP politicians.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Story

The conservative Republican candidate for Virginia governor has begun advertising his efforts to reinstate an archaic and unconstitutional state law that make consensual oral or anal sex acts illegal.

The law makes consensual oral or anal sex acts felonies, even for married couples who commit the acts in the privacy of their own homes.

I really hope the GOP keeps this shit up. I really, really do.br0kenrabbit

it's an effort to win the married woman's vote.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Big surprise here, Cuccinelli may claim that he would only use this law to prosecute cases involving minors or sexual assault, but years ago as a state senator he blocked an effort to fix the law to only apply to cases involving minors or sexual assault. He can say what he wants, but his intent is pretty transparent here.

worlock77

Part of the problem here as well is that the law was used to criminalze certain acts between minors who had reached the age of consent and adults.  If you want your age of consent to be higher then raise it, but to target only oral and anal sex seems pretty pointless.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

How are they gonna to arrest people for oral/anal? Walk into their homes every once in a while and see if they get lucky?

theone86

Usually with these sorts of laws there's no enforcement unless someone reports them.  It's basically like a neighbor reporting suspicious activity, they call the authorities and say that the curtains were down, they could hear the couple having sex, and that they thought they were breaking the law because of something they heard/saw, or because they heard the couple talking about forbidden acts before.  Think about what would happen if a couple actually did get caught, though.  It's a felony, not even a misdemeanor, so more than likely the punishment would have to be probation, community service, and/or a small amount of prison time.

Now, i dont have any issue with there being a crime against having sex in your living room, with the curtains parted so everyone on the street can see you and hear you. However once you start making things people do in the privacy of their own home illegal, IE: No clipping toe-nails while sitting on the toilet. We get into this realm where it costs more to create the law, and yet the law will never be used.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

How are they gonna to arrest people for oral/anal? Walk into their homes every once in a while and see if they get lucky?

Nibroc420

Usually with these sorts of laws there's no enforcement unless someone reports them.  It's basically like a neighbor reporting suspicious activity, they call the authorities and say that the curtains were down, they could hear the couple having sex, and that they thought they were breaking the law because of something they heard/saw, or because they heard the couple talking about forbidden acts before.  Think about what would happen if a couple actually did get caught, though.  It's a felony, not even a misdemeanor, so more than likely the punishment would have to be probation, community service, and/or a small amount of prison time.

Now, i dont have any issue with there being a crime against having sex in your living room, with the curtains parted so everyone on the street can see you and hear you. However once you start making things people do in the privacy of their own home illegal, IE: No clipping toe-nails while sitting on the toilet. We get into this realm where it costs more to create the law, and yet the law will never be used.

I think that's called public indecency.

What I mean is I think that, say, a neighbor hears their neighbor talking about having oral sex.  She tells the police, and either the police try to find evidence of this and catch them in the act or the neighbor calls the police the next time he/she thinks they're having sex (curtains closed, noises coming from the house, etc.)  I don't know exactly how it goes, I just know that it basically relies on people informing on the people accused of doing it.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
GOP can go suck my dick
ElvoriaCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ElvoriaCom
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Seems like a lot of Virginians are going to remain virgins.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

What I mean is I think that, say, a neighbor hears their neighbor talking about having oral sex.  She tells the police, and either the police try to find evidence of this and catch them in the act or the neighbor calls the police the next time he/she thinks they're having sex (curtains closed, noises coming from the house, etc.)  I don't know exactly how it goes, I just know that it basically relies on people informing on the people accused of doing it.

"911 what's your emergency?" "Hi, i think my neighbor is getting a BJ. "Excuse me?" "That's a crime isn't it?" "I suppose it is sir, we'll send a car over to investigate" Never have i wanted to be a 911 operator more than now.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts
half of you in these forums probably vote for people like this to be in office, as much as we say "oh the GOP is sick", you guys are still voting them in
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Now, i dont have any issue with there being a crime against having sex in your living room, with the curtains parted so everyone on the street can see you and hear you. However once you start making things people do in the privacy of their own home illegal, IE: No clipping toe-nails while sitting on the toilet. We get into this realm where it costs more to create the law, and yet the law will never be used.Nibroc420

"911 what's your emergency?" "Hi, i think my neighbor is getting a BJ. "Excuse me?" "That's a crime isn't it?" "I suppose it is sir, we'll send a car over to investigate" Never have i wanted to be a 911 operator more than now.

Or a cop.  "No, no, keep going, I'm gathering evidence."

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Nibroc420

theone86

*BANG BANG BANG* "Sir, This is the Police, are you having oral sex with your wife in there?" "Sir if you dont answer the door we're going to have to break it down"
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

theone86

I think in a situation like this the only way one would be caught if they didn't do it in a way a third party walks in is if a vengeful former partner recorded the encounter or verbally confessed to it. That is kind of how it works in the military when reporting adultery, although in those cases only the servicemember can be punished, leaving the civilian in the clear even if they participated. In these cases, there would be more at stake with the reporter if they participated.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Now, i dont have any issue with there being a crime against having sex in your living room, with the curtains parted so everyone on the street can see you and hear you. However once you start making things people do in the privacy of their own home illegal, IE: No clipping toe-nails while sitting on the toilet. We get into this realm where it costs more to create the law, and yet the law will never be used.ad1x2

I think in a situation like this the only way one would be caught if they didn't do it in a way a third party walks in is if a vengeful former partner recorded the encounter or verbally confessed to it. That is kind of how it works in the military when reporting adultery, although in those cases only the servicemember can be punished, leaving the civilian in the clear even if they participated. In these cases, there would be more at stake with the reporter if they participated.

Well, a lot of homosexuals have been prosecuted by these sorts of laws, seeing as how these sorts of acts are about all they can do.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

theone86

"Your honor, we need a warrant to wire-tap the home to, uhh, gather the necessary evidence for the case."

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] "911 what's your emergency?" "Hi, i think my neighbor is getting a BJ. "Excuse me?" "That's a crime isn't it?" "I suppose it is sir, we'll send a car over to investigate" Never have i wanted to be a 911 operator more than now.worlock77

"Your honor, we need a warrant to wire-tap the home to, uhh, gather the necessary evidence for the case."

Wouldn't video evidence be even more valuable in court?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
half of you in these forums probably vote for people like this to be in office, as much as we say "oh the GOP is sick", you guys are still voting them inlamprey263
most republicans on OT call this place a den of liberals. Unless you can point to big name democrats that want to stop people from having various types of sex (other than unprotected of course) than I kinda doubt most people are voting for people who want to do this.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#168 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
i guess they were bored and just wanted to make a new law
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 worlock77

i guess they were bored and just wanted to make a new lawAussieePet

Yeah, that's totally it.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

We have to keep in mind that this is only one person in the GOP. I'm sure most Republicans enjoy receiving head as much as the next guy

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#171 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]i guess they were bored and just wanted to make a new lawworlock77

Yeah, that's totally it.

Not sure if really agreeing or sarcastic
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

jimkabrhel

They'll have to do it other GOP politicians.

naw, they all seem like catchers, gotta have a pitcher in a relationship to make it work

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
all of certain this guy takes it in the ass, thats how these things work
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]i guess they were bored and just wanted to make a new lawAussieePet

Yeah, that's totally it.

Not sure if really agreeing or sarcastic

Sarcastic. Your comment was pretty airheaded (though that's quite usual for you).

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
Kind of pointless since the Supreme Court declared laws against consentual sodomy unconstitutional a few years ago with Lawrence v. Texas. Some areas may still have them on the books but good luck enforcing them. Even the military isn't allowed to punish troops for consensual sodomy anymore despite it still being part of the UCMJ.ad1x2
We're talking Republicans here, the Constitution doesn't apply to them unless it suits their goals. You should know that by now.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Argh, I keep seeing this topic and reading "GOP hopeful wants to make an oral sex factory"
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
Argh, I keep seeing this topic and reading "GOP hopeful wants to make an oral sex factory"Commander-Gree
WHY DID YOU POINT THAT OUT?! I can't stop seeing it now.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]Argh, I keep seeing this topic and reading "GOP hopeful wants to make an oral sex factory"lordreaven
WHY DID YOU POINT THAT OUT?! I can't stop seeing it now.

Feel my pain.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#179 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
One guy does not equal the entire party. Keep it up OT!
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

theone86

Ahhhh. Makes much more sense, thanks:)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#181 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Next: Illegal births
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#182 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts
One guy does not equal the entire party. Keep it up OT!TheWalkingGhost
Unfortunately, it isn't just one guy, particularly in Virginia and the other states where Trojan Horse Republicans have control of the government.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

That just seems like a roundabout way of making gay sex illegal.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#184 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

Argh, I keep seeing this topic and reading "GOP hopeful wants to make an oral sex factory"Commander-Gree

I'm picturing a bunch of women kneeling on a conveyor belt.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]Argh, I keep seeing this topic and reading "GOP hopeful wants to make an oral sex factory"applesxc47

I'm picturing a bunch of women kneeling on a conveyor belt.

:lol:

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#186 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]It's a 10 year felony here in Marylandbr0kenrabbit

I'd be serving a few lifetimes. :?

You aren't impressing anyone..
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

It doesn't matter what he thinks. A Republican will not win the Presidential election until the GOP moves more to the center.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]half of you in these forums probably vote for people like this to be in office, as much as we say "oh the GOP is sick", you guys are still voting them inSerraph105
most republicans on OT call this place a den of liberals. Unless you can point to big name democrats that want to stop people from having various types of sex (other than unprotected of course) than I kinda doubt most people are voting for people who want to do this.

they've a presence here that's marginally less than half, they'll just not come in and defend this because this is indefensible... but they'll vote Republican down the ticket anyways next election
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17862 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]It's a 10 year felony here in MarylandShadowsDemon

You need to brush up on your OT-esque, or come off that high horse, or both.

And fvck off while you're at it.

Pompous ass.

And is that an epileptic period or a failed ellipsis?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#191 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

Pompous ass.

Geez, way too have an overreaction. What exactly about my comment makes me "pompous" and on my high horse? I'm not the one trying to boast about how many times I've blown people and been blown.

Are you really so insecure that the very hint of anyone "challenging" you is enough to warrant what you said? Really?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Nibroc420
Are you really so insecure that the very hint of anyone "challenging" you is enough to warrant what you said? Really?ShadowsDemon
The irony :lol:
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17862 Posts

Geez, way too have an overreaction. What exactly about my comment makes me "pompous" and on my high horse? I'm not the one trying to boast about how many times I've blown people and been blown.

Are you really so insecure that the very hint of anyone "challenging" you is enough to warrant what you said? Really?

ShadowsDemon

If you think I make such posts as anything but tongue-in-cheek, you're doing OT wrong. But if you want to get literal, yes, if I received 10 years for each time I've gone down on a girl or she I then I would be in for a very, very long time. I'm nearing 40, I don't think that truth would change among most of my cohorts.

To come into a thread so late just to make such a snark comment is what pissed me off. Seriously, what do you think you added to the discussion? If you don't get it, I make these kinds of threads to poke fun at the situation, because that's how I keep from exploding from the stupidity of it.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#194 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Nobody will take away the oral. Nobody! :evil:

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#195 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Outrage followed by immediate relief. 

It's Virginia. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'm nearing 40, I don't think that truth would change among most of my cohorts.

br0kenrabbit

Yeah, this. ShadowsDemon seems insecure because he doesn't get any action so he needs to lash out at others lmao

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] You aren't impressing anyone..ShadowsDemon

Pompous ass.

You're kind of a cvnt, you know that?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
I would thumbs down shadows comment if I could
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Are you really so insecure that the very hint of anyone "challenging" you is enough to warrant what you said? Really?Nibroc420
The irony :lol:

I know right? :D Jesus...
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I would thumbs down shadows comment if I could dave123321

jnFEmDi.gif